Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? (20712 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry / Igbos and Yorubas should stop displaying their Stupidity. / Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by tpia5: 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2012
While de SE and SS re like brodas

like brodas ko, like krodas ni.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
Engen:

@Bandit C.
Frankfurt

Dis shows how foolish you are, I pray u don't die in with all this hatred the Yoruba's don't even care abt you

Did i ever mention that i hate yorubas?! Try and read sometimes before jamming on that keyboard. I am indifferent towards them and they are just irrelevant to me, get it?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by noiseless: 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2012
People who say that hate only exist on NAIRALAND only are just living in denial,the reason people like OBASONJO,ADEKUNLE,ADESANYNA'S DAUGHTER and others can say what they say in public,is because they believe their fellow "owners of nigeria"will back them up when such hating comments get them in trouble.The yorubas will do or say anything to pull the igbos down,as they know to destroy other tribes in southern nigeria and hold them hostage and strangle them they need to destroy the igbos.So people have to pretend in real life as if they are not bigots and haters when they know one can grab some haters heads and dash them against the walls.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
May the good Lord come to you people's aid, amen!!
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Hoodrat(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2012
be warned ethnics hatred kills faster than disease. Woe to the Op.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by seunowokade(m): 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2012
i never had d opotunity 2 instruct God 2 creat me as yoruba or ibo, then why should i hate u for whom u are, am very proud 2 b yoruba guy and i dont av any reason 2 hate u bcs u ar this and that, it all sound like child play here, pls let act as a mature mind and let avoid those mistake our 4father made then that stil afect us. Pls!!! my people.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2012
Bandit C.:

stüpid is as stüpid does. Like i expected, he is a chicken. You thought you were smart to subliminally try and diss a people by inserting a word from a language that most wouldn't be able to discern and when called out, you divert the attention. Dämn pests everywhere.

I can tell you are still reeling from the pain inflicted on your ego and that of your peeps. Be glad that i wouldn't want to properly engage you today because if i decided to, i would electronically damage you more. Dümb clown grasping at straws. I can see that the press thing dey bite you well well, hence referring to it after every two lines. Stick to the topic and quit hopping around like a broad in heat or i would make it real hot for you here.

Anyway, i repeat, i do not care about the yorubas because they are irrelevant and i do not see that changing soon but that still does not mean that i won't call you f00ls out whenever you lot start peddling your usual lies and gross stüpidity.

i dont need to call names,u're already acting out the script.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2012
studyineu:

I never hated the yourobas for once in ma life but that has changed as I hate dem now cause of their attitude on NL

The fact that some Americans are serial killers does not mean all Americans are. Yorubas on Nairaland are less than 0.0000001 of Yorubas in the world; therefore, if you based your hatred for Yorubas on the behaviours of some Yorubas on nairaland, then you are no different from Adolf Hitler whose hatred for Jews was borne out of a distasteful experience with just one Jew

By the way, only an ignorant will ask such a ridiculous question as to whether Yorubas and Igbos do not see eye to eye. The poser is either an under age or simply plain stupid. If you have ever lived in Nigeria, you will know that the Yorubas and Igbos are the two ethnic groups in Nigeria that has integrated more with each other than any other.

By the way, Biafra war is a very complex  war. The Yorubas were part of the Federal Government of Nigeria and when the Igbos attacked Ore, a Yoruba territory, Biafra ceased to be a friendly state. That is history, Germany attacked france during the world wars, today, they are best of friends, determining the fate of Europe together-Maybe many do not even know that Mercedes Benz is a joint collaboration between Germany and France.

I believe if the Yorubas and Igbos can speak with one voice, they may be able to redraft the destiny of Nigeria or at best create the Commonwealth of Southern Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by deadie(m): 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2012
Igbo's don't hate anybody - they just struggle to survive and be successful.
Other groups MOSTLY hate Igbos - because they interpret the ever enduring quest of an Igbo man to survive and be successful in the presence of adversities as aggressiveness, whilst forgetting the hard work philosophy of the Igboman. This hatred is as old as this useless entity called Nigeria as evident in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1Zpk4DrlA&feature=related
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by FEMARY1: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2012
I like the Ibos.

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Aladinn(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
Igbos claim u shuldnt trust a yoruba man because, according to them, Awolowo betrayed Ojukwu. What wuld they say abt Fajuyi that voluntarily gave his life when Aguyi-Ironsi was murdered?
Hate stems out of inferiority complex. Those who hate, where has it got u?
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by deadie(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
FEMARY1:

I like the Ibos.

IGBO!
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by iiiyyyk(m): 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2012
Don't hate a yorubaman
and please don't trust trust him either.

its not their fault, they can't help it, they say one thing and do another.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by dayokanu(m): 2:38pm On Jan 21, 2012
From the responses on this thread it shows most Yorubas dont really care whether Igbos like them or not

But for some Igbos, Its a matter of life and death lol

I guess its something to do with inferiority complex
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by tunnytox(m): 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2012
logica:

See this pv$$y. Do I hear the mewing of a cat. Be brave (and not timid) for once in your miserable existence and let's know the name.

Please ignore the nonentity he's not worth being given any attention or recognition, I'll rather take my dog for a walk rather than giving him any reply.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2012
dayokanu:

From the responses on this thread it shows most Yorubas dont really care whether Igbos like them or not

But for some Igbos, Its a matter of life and death lol

I guess its something to do with inferiority complex
I don't think I've ever seen you make a contribution to a NL post that didn't have an ethnic slant to it - even on a thread discussing the innocent dead in the North.

You really are the lowest scum among all life forms of scum.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by tevinsolt: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
wow my head just hurts from reading all this hate comment. my first time in lagos i was trying to make a friend with this kid not minding he is igbo or anything of course what did i know as a 7 year old but his mum treated me with disgust even tho the kid made the move of use becoming friends. i was born in kwara state and i lived along side igbos and we got along very well to the extent of trusting my mum in taking care of their kids when they were at work. i just think everyone should stop spreading hate and leave the kids alone let them grow to love each other and see each other as one. yorubas ain't backstabbers cuz igbos and and the yorubas never had an agreement to fight in the war. we didn't join in the war because that would simply be putting to many lives at risk over a senseless war.

http://chatafrik.com/articles/nigerian-affairs/item/321-why-do-igbos-always-go-looking-for-trouble?.html
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Hoodrat(m): 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nigerians already dividing their selves by the cyber hero on nairaland.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by youngmonie: 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2012
Stupid post. dey dont hate each other. If you look at our generation now, igbos and yoruba roll together. Most of ma friends are sharp IGBO BOIZ dat dont dull!!, name dem, okoli, emeka, austin, olali, abeg free dat thinggg nobody hate anybody!!
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
tunnytox:

Please ignore the nonentity he's not worth being given any attention or recognition, I'll rather take my dog for a walk rather than giving him any reply.

Lol @ this punk. You being a dog owner in a western country, already says all i need to know about you. Lazy as fück council housing dweller leeching off his neighbour's wifi
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Ndata(m): 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Aladinn. Yorubas are always claiming Igbos are suffering from inferiority complex.What inferiority if i may ask?You guys say we don't go to school that we only trade but statistics from Jamb enrollments have proved you guys wrong.You guys thought that the banking sector was your exclusive right but trust the Igbo man they have bulldozzed their way into that sector.Yes we know you guys held sway in Nigeria stock market,and when it collapsed what happen to your shares.Igbo man is not competing with Yorubas they are only competing againt their past.Yes our fathers fought the civil war and lost which dragged the Igbos back.But don't be fooled this new generation of Igbos are no lay backs.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Ndata(m): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
Bandit C. I will advice you to ignore that clown.Exchanging words with him makes him assume he is wise.Just ignore him.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2012
Ndata:

Bandit C.  I will advice you to ignore that clown.Exchanging words with him makes him assume he is wise.Just ignore him.

Thanks my brother. I would rather ignore those irritants but i do not want them to walk off feeling that they have made any point. That is why i always return with a rebuttal when they thought it has died down.

I mean just look at the coward above who wanted to diss Igbos using a foreign language but forgot that they cannot take an Igbo head on in any language, even their's and after i called him out, what did he do? he chickened out as expected.

Nwanne, these people are just a source of laughter to me since i deem them irrelevant to my existence so i just hunt them out and mock the jeebuz out of them.

Nna Udo diri gi.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by emmajew(m): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2012
good
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by logica(m): 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2012
Bandit C.:

I am indifferent towards them and they are just irrelevant to me, get it?
You are indifferent towards them, yet you carry pencil and exercise book dey write down how many girls came to visit your father's YORUBA employees? You are indeed a f00l by admission, and of course being a f00l you don't know what "indifferent" means. I know for sure though, that if a piece of scum like you lived next to me, I wouldn't even know you exist; that's indifference. Na only Internet join us.

As for Ndata, you had to create a new profile to post (8 posts)? Coward. Or it could even be the Internet bandit responding to himself. Monkey.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by ezer(m): 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
Errr! I am urhobo n I love igbo, that's all, dislike yorubas a lot.they r highly unreliable, just give them a space, they want to take over the whole space, they tried to take over my pops company just because my pop made one an MD, trust my dad he fired all of their asses, guess they r licking their wound somwhere in ogbomoso, lol
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by aljharem(m): 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2012
ezer:

Errr! I am urhobo n I love igbo, that's all, dislike yorubas a lot.they r highly unreliable, just give them a space, they want to take over the whole space, they tried to take over my pops company just because my pop made one an MD, trust my dad he fired all of their asses, guess they r licking their wound somwhere in ogbomoso, lol
I doubt you are urhobo

what does ezer mean in Urhobo ? lol

btw adjaoghene afioto thinking undecided you aghwaghwa ibabode

that is if you are urhobo u should understand wink
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
logica:

You are indifferent towards them, yet you carry pencil and exercise book dey write down how many girls came to visit your father's YORUBA employees? You are indeed a f00l by admission, and of course being a f00l you don't know what "indifferent" means. I know for sure though, that if a piece of scum like you lived next to me, I wouldn't even know you exist; that's indifference. Na only Internet join us.

As for Ndata, you had to create a new profile to post (8 posts)? Coward. Or it could even be the Internet bandit responding to himself. Monkey.

Now honestly you need help. If this press thing still dey pain you reach now, you are really lost then. Olodo, go school you no go, sabi book you refuse. So someone being indifferent towards something means he can not observe the said thing. Go and ask for a refund of your wasted tuition if you do not know something as trivial as the difference between indifference and observation.

You are really badly bruised and it would do you good to go and nurse and lick your wounds in solitude somewhere in the corner. Akpa amu.

Oh and i am the same person as Ndata, ode.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Dede1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 21, 2012
Aladinn:

Igbos claim u shuldnt trust a yoruba man because, according to them, Awolowo betrayed Ojukwu. [b]What wuld they say abt Fajuyi that voluntarily gave his life when Aguyi-Ironsi was murdered?[/b]Hate stems out of inferiority complex. Those who hate, where has it got u?

I thought fools were created but you have proven they were born by woman. Please abuse the personality which informed you Fajuyi voluntarily gave his life when Aguyi-Ironsi was murdered.

I guess it is only in your wildest and useless dreams coup perpetrators give selected targets the options to live or die, olodo.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by aljharem(m): 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
Btw after reading the comments here I can only guess one thing that some igbo elements on Nairaland are cowards. They do not show their hate in the real world but go to their houses and internet gossiping about yorubas like kids.

I agree with what most people wrote here. It is either inferiority complex or something else that goes beyond hate. I find it fascinating for a man that says he does not have inferiority complex always comparing with the yorubas and gossiping about them or even worse, call himself isoko or urhobo or ijaw to to bash the yorubas and when like of me come as ask them to translate they call themselves igbo. BTW I have not stated my ethnicity here as it is immaterial on this thread.

In as much as no yoruba person cares if he is Igbo or not, some elements would always either compare and call others backstabbers as you can see on this thread.

although none of this igbo people fought a war but the hate their parents have put in their heads have made them lose all sense of reason.

This people are very funny. Well my only advice to those that hate whether yoruba or igbo is; Hate would lead you nowhere, It controls you and drags you into a pit.

Goodluck with your gossips of the backstabbing yoruba people grin grin grin grin smiley wink
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by logica(m): 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2012
Bandit C.:

Now honestly you need help. If this press thing still dey pain you reach now, you are really lost then. Olodo, go school you no go, sabi book you refuse. So someone being indifferent towards something means he can not observe the said thing. Go and ask for a refund of your wasted tuition if you do not know something as trivial as the difference between indifference and observation.

You are really badly bruised and it would do you good to go and nurse and lick your wounds in solitude somewhere in the corner. Akpa amu.

Oh and i am the same person as Ndata, ode.
Monkey, let me teach you English and some logic (apparently you learnt from your father who's obviously a bigot and not very smart - passed on from father to son). When you are indifferent about something, you WILL NOT BOTHER to observe. I know logic is not your forte though, but saying you are indifferent about something and then observing that same thing is nothing but an irony/oxymoron or what ever you want to call it.

in·dif·fer·ent (n-dfr-nt, -dfrnt)
adj.
1. Having no particular interest or concern; apathetic

In case you have used the dictionaries in your house to wipe your a$$, you can check online. Fvcking australopithecus.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Dede1(m): 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2012
alj harem:

Btw after reading the comments here I can only guess one thing that some igbo elements on Nairaland are cowards. They do not show their hate in the real world but go to their houses and internet gossiping about yorubas like kids.

I agree with what most people wrote here. It is either inferiority complex or something else that goes beyond hate. I find it fascinating for a man that says he does not have inferiority complex always comparing with the yorubas and gossiping about them or even worse, call himself isoko or urhobo or ijaw to to bash the yorubas and when like of me come as ask them to translate they call themselves igbo. BTW I have not stated my ethnicity here as it is immaterial on this thread.

In as much as no yoruba person cares if he is Igbo or not, some elements would always either compare and call others backstabbers as you can see on this thread.

although none of this igbo people fought a war but the hate their parents have put in their heads have made them lose all sense of reason.

This people are very funny. Well my only advice to those that hate whether yoruba or igbo is; Hate would lead you nowhere, It controls you and drags you into a pit.

Goodluck with your gossips of the backstabbing yoruba people grin grin grin grin smiley wink

I do not think necessarily it is a matter of hate or inferior mentality but a case of not wanting to share nationality with certain people and partiuclarly you who is ashamed of your ethnicity. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With African Diplomatic Corps Members (Pics / 2017 Akwa Ibom State Christmas Carol Photos / Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.