Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,409 members, 7,812,211 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? (6196 Views)

Haved You Ever Pictured Another Person Whilst Making Love? / My Girl Friend Is Shy Whilst With Me / Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Tedpgrass: 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
Really,

Sure of your facts
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by blackboi(m): 2:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
No way
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Tedpgrass: 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
Yes

u can in certain jurisdictions
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by atilla(m): 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
Doe eyed. Please do what your mind tells you.

I hope to marry someone like you with a good heart.

Let us know what you decide.
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by ifyalways(f): 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Topic,To adopt just because s/he is single and childless is a NO NO but to adopt cos of the existence of geninue love and longing for children?YES please.

I started fostering when I was single.Today,one of my foster daughters is happily married.I can't quantify the joy i feel whenever i remember our journey.Every child deserves some love!
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Detongue: 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
I really want to but i don't know how to go about it, pls help
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by mpmp: 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
@POSTER,

If you have a strong feeling urging you to do it, pls go ahead.

Yes, the little kid needs help today, you dont know what God has in store for him and how he will be a blessing to you in the future.

For the people you are looking up to who might not sign on, pray and it and talk to them. You will be surprised, they will support you all the way.
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Mynd44: 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2012
woodcook:

@doe-eyed and JUO abeg make una no break my head ooh. for naija i really no understand hw someone wey dey single wan adopt pikin. make u help me arrange the thinking coz the thing pass my power. u fit still give pikin better life even if u no adopt the pikin. the matter pass my power instead to break my head make una tear d gist down to my level. No use emotion levels abeg talk wetin get sense so i no go para for u.
Eltonluigi:

There is no way somebody who's single can adopt a child legally, Is just as crazy as a gay couple adopting a child.
Now read this
ifyalways:

@Topic,To adopt just because s/he is single and childless is a NO NO but to adopt cos of the existence of geninue love and longing for children?YES please.

I started fostering when I was single.Today,one of my foster daughters is happily married.I can't quantify the joy i feel whenever i remember our journey.Every child deserves some love!
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Mynd44: 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
woodcook:

@doe-eyed and JUO abeg make una no break my head ooh. for naija i really no understand hw someone wey dey single wan adopt pikin. make u help me arrange the thinking coz the thing pass my power. u fit still give pikin better life even if u no adopt the pikin. the matter pass my power instead to break my head make una tear d gist down to my level. No use emotion levels abeg talk wetin get sense so i no go para for u.
Eltonluigi:

There is no way somebody who's single can adopt a child legally, Is just as crazy as a gay couple adopting a child.
Now read this
ifyalways:

Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by dasparrow: 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Poster
It depends on which country you are located in. If it is in Nigeria, I am not sure. In the states, yes you can legally adopt the child as a single person as long as you can prove that you are financially stable.
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Hyope: 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
yeah,may b he or she got no spouse,wats d big dead.i dont knw.
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2012
YES, I can!
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by safarigirl(f): 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
☺₣ course, I've always wanted to adopt
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by MrsChima1(f): 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2012
Adoption isn't the end of the world. If some people can and want to adopt children I do not see that as an issue.
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2012
certainly, but under my own terms!
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Mynd44: 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2012
What's the big deal there self? Some people don't want to be married and they want kids so why can't they adopt? Some want kids znd are not yet married and they want to adopt so what's the big deal? As long as you can meet they requirements of the government(if it is the Lagos state government, then you are in for a very strict process), whats the bid deal there?
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by doeeyed: 11:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
@ sauer,
What might those terms be , if I may ask.
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 22, 2012
Lool@@Mynd_44 intending to adopt kids. Two things would be involved #1 educating them on surfing NL 24/7 #2 molesting and starving them to death. So which one bruv?
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by doeeyed: 12:10am On Jan 22, 2012
lipsrsealed

Haba
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 22, 2012
@doe-eyed. I could, i possibly will, but am not going for some random kid. . .well, at least not when i can determine the circumstances. I'd go for an intelligent kid, well past infancy.
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by ThisisCee(f): 8:27am On Jan 22, 2012
I'm actually thinking of adopting a child pretty soon. .lol
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 22, 2012
The way you keep saying "he is so cute" simply shows your subconscious thinks he is a pet like having a cute hamster in the house.
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Mynd44: 11:51am On Jan 22, 2012
REALITY101:

Lool@@Mynd_44 intending to adopt kids. Two things would be involved #1 educating them on surfing NL 24/7 #2 molesting and starving them to death. So which one bruv?
The only reason I am surfung NL 24/7 is because of the Strike
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by doeeyed: 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2012
@1st citizen,

His cuteness is only an endearing factor. I did mention he was intelligent too. Of course, he is no hamster. He's a little boy that needs all the love, hardwork n sacrifice needed to give him a better future.

I'm not oblivious to the fact, its a huge undertaking. But I prefer to take it one day at a time, otherwise the very thought would scare one off.

It's a journey hopeful of ending at an excellent pre-determined destination, one I hope to enjoy whilst on the way, and on arriving at the endpoint.

@ sauer,

what age would you consider well past infancy, 2ndly would u adopt as a single person
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by doeeyed: 11:13pm On Jan 23, 2012
Comes in
No answers
Whistles on
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Mynd44: 11:50pm On Jan 23, 2012
Walks in
completely enjoying the movement of Doe-eyed backside and decided to keep walking benind her
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by doeeyed: 12:49am On Jan 24, 2012
My backside or the nearest NEPA pole ur checking out.
U neva sent a reply.
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by doeeyed: 1:26am On Jan 24, 2012
M44,
Which kind advice u dey give abelraph.
Send discharge leta to him wife.

How for do?
The mere fact the woman dey tell am say only one thing,,  "old boi do something na, n quick too"  .
She still is keen on him otherwise she go don find real person dey do it for am.
I agree the way she's going about it is rather silly, but maybe she don talk tire.

At least if after a formal setting, there's still a problem, at least its on record, he made an effort
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 24, 2012
@ topic

I may sound archaic but I still think the traditional family: male figure + female figure; is the best for a child's upbringing.

Doesn't really matter whether they are hetero o homo as long as each partner has a role to play.
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by doeeyed: 2:37am On Jan 24, 2012
^^^
Agree about that trad family role,

have reservations re: same sex scenarios particularly if no gender change has taken place.

But in the absence of a balanced hetero scenario, a loving environment nurturing his potential
has to be acceptable.
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 24, 2012
doe-eyed:

@ sauer,

what age would you consider well past infancy, 2ndly would u adopt as a single person
past infancy? that'l be like 6-7 years, let's say. I'd like him to be well aware he's being adopted. Not by telling him to his face, though.
Secondly, yes indeed, I can adopt as a single person. In fact, I'd love that. If I took a wife, it'll only be natural to have her have the baby, since I intend to keep only 1 child. I'll only consider adoption when it's impracticable/impossible for the wife to have the baby.
I sincerely look forward to training a child, while living my own life. smiley
Re: Can U Adopt A Child Whilst Unmarried? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 24, 2012
michelin89:

@ topic

I may sound archaic but I still think the traditional family: male figure + female figure; is the best for a child's upbringing.

Doesn't really matter whether they are hetero o homo as long as each partner has a role to play.
yes, you do sound archaic! The traditional family expired a long time ago, the same way letter writing evaporated with the emergence of social networking, SMS and mobile phones. Change is man's only option in this highly dynamical world, and only when that change is in the progressive direction can man thump his chest and say (s)he has achieved! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? / GUYS Beware! Not ALL That Bounces Are Bobby (pix) / My First Time Sex Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.