Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,841 members, 7,862,755 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? - Family (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (45777 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 3:12am On Feb 13, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

LOL c.fours, why are you feeding the troll? 

apparently this hits home. For someone complaining rather bitterly earlier on of harakiri being unecessarily nasty, you certainly have serious psychological issues. Its been manifest in several other threads so far. get help.
Forgive me for assuming we had all grown up in the last 2-3 yrs. you're almost 30, you should be ashamed of yourself.

c.fours:

\says the miserable old bachelor.

madam na just the fact. The stark contrast in the quality of responses from the married and unmarried women here is such that the blind could see it.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 3:55am On Feb 13, 2012
davidylan:

madam na just the fact. The stark contrast in the quality of responses from the married and unmarried women here is such that the blind could see it.

well that's because the married ones don't have to deal with single guys with lofty expectations like yours and especially Moremi's.
if you look through the thread you will see the difference between the bachelors' comments and the more realistic married men's comments as well.

where do you think you will find a 24 yr old wife who is a doctor, cooks everyday, is extremely beautiful and fashionable, good christian and born again etc etc.
of course you shouldn't expect me to be less than amused by that  grin
even if such women existed, what kind of men do you think they would go for?

FYI: ThiefofHearts might just be your future wife. you never know.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 3:59am On Feb 13, 2012
c.fours:

well that's because the married ones don't have to deal with single guys with lofty expectations like yours and especially Moremi's.
if you look through the thread you will see the difference between the bachelors' comments and the more realistic married men's comments as well.

where do you think you will find a 24 yr old wife who is a doctor, cooks everyday, is extremely beautiful and fashionable, good christian and born again etc etc.
of course you shouldn't expect me to be less than amused by that  grin
even if such women existed, what kind of men do you think they would go for?

FYI: ThiefofHearts might just be your future wife. you never know.

my best friend is married to one to the tee! Most of my female friends fall in the same category as well (well they dont all want to cook everyday but its ok. . . not all of us men want a slave either).
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 4:06am On Feb 13, 2012
davidylan:

my best friend is married to one to the tee! Most of my female friends fall in the same category as well (well they dont all want to cook everyday but its ok. . . not all of us men want a slave either).

yeah most of your female friends are medical doctors at age 24. keep yarning rubbish.
and by beautiful I mean beyonce,kim kardashian beautiful. I'm not talking about your sisters. lol
and of course why would they cook everyday?

hahah i'm glad you agree that only a slave will work full time and still obey commands to cook everyday  grin
yeah women in the US did it in the 50s and 60s. but only with the help of Valium and a resulting divorce epidemic a decade later.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:42am On Feb 13, 2012
davidylan:

apparently this hits home. For someone complaining rather bitterly earlier on of harakiri being unecessarily nasty, you certainly have serious psychological issues. Its been manifest in several other threads so far. get help.
Forgive me for assuming we had all grown up in the last 2-3 yrs. you're almost 30, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Rofl. Look at this fool. Didnt I tell you not to respond to my posts anymore? David, you're a closeted homoseckuual and I dont have time for you until you finally come out of the closet. Of all people to accuse ANYONE of psych issues. All you do is go from thread to thread harrassing women with passive aggressive remarks. YOU HAVENT GROWN UP AT ALL. AGBAYA. Every bloody woman on Nairaland is aware of your mental instability.

Ronke made a post and instead of merely saying "I agree", you felt the need to make a juvenile swipe at people.  Now you wanna act like a victim. Koni dafun e and your victimized whining. Insecure lunatic. You are a TROLL. A troll with severe issues with women. GET HELP. If it's not spikey, it's morenike, it's me, if it's not myself, it's every other female. The Yoruba word for 30 is ogbon. which also means wise, you my dear are FAR from wise. You are OVER 30 and STILL harrassing women all over the place. You're a nasty angry psychopath. Stop directing your hateful posts at me. The fact that your junior brother got married and you havent isnt my fault, abeg. Go to church and ask for God to put some love in your dreary life. Taking your frustrations out on random people on the web-board is just pathetic.

Stay blessed  grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 5:07am On Feb 13, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

Dunmomi was right. You have serious issues undecided

and then they kill them.

Oh, rily? He said that about me or somebody else? Pass along following messages from his master:

1) He didn't think so when he was BEGGING me for a job and for Lagos connections last year.
2) Bros before hos, always. He broke that code and that's why he's a fcking gay! The impoverished fool can go to hell!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 5:30am On Feb 13, 2012
c.fours:

yeah most of your female friends are medical doctors at age 24. keep yarning rubbish.
and by beautiful I mean beyonce,kim kardashian beautiful. I'm not talking about your sisters. lol
and of course why would they cook everyday?

hahah i'm glad you agree that only a slave will work full time and still obey commands to cook everyday  grin
yeah women in the US did it in the 50s and 60s. but only with the help of Valium and a resulting divorce epidemic a decade later.

Where seriously do these generally daft lousy folks come from? That you are intellectually behind isnt evidence that others are the same. EOD.

ThiefOfHearts:

Rofl. Look at this fool. Didnt I tell you not to respond to my posts anymore? David, you're a closeted homoseckuual and I dont have time for you until you finally come out of the closet. Of all people to accuse ANYONE of psych issues. All you do is go from thread to thread harrassing women with passive aggressive remarks. YOU HAVENT GROWN UP AT ALL. AGBAYA. Every bloody woman on Nairaland is aware of your mental instability.

Ronke made a post and instead of merely saying "I agree", you felt the need to make a juvenile swipe at people.  Now you wanna act like a victim. Koni dafun e and your victimized whining. Insecure lunatic. You are a TROLL. A troll with severe issues with women. GET HELP. If it's not spikey, it's morenike, if it's not here, it's stillwater, if it's not stillwater, it's me, if it's not myself, it's every other female. The Yoruba word for 30 is ogbon. which also means wise, you my dear are FAR from wise. You are OVER 30 and STILL harrassing women all over the place. You're a nasty angry psychopath. Stop directing your hateful posts at me. The fact that your junior brother got married and you havent isnt my fault, abeg. Go to church and ask for God to put some love in your dreary life. Taking your frustrations out on random people on the web-board is just pathetic.

Stay blessed  grin

What's new? You practically repeat the same drivel in virtually every thread you're on. I could barely make it thru the movie thread you put up a few weeks ago. Decent matured discussion punctuated by the immature ranting of a clearly disturbed individual. No surprises there. I suppose you're gloating thinking you've scored some brownie points. Your minions would definitely be lapping this up. enjoy.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:35am On Feb 13, 2012
Aww Pele. grin In the future, be sure to ignore my threads as well smiley

moremi2008:

Oh, rily? He said that about me or somebody else? Pass along following messages from his master:

1) He didn't think so when he was BEGGING me for a job and for Lagos connections last year.
2) Bros before hos, always. He broke that code and that's why he's a fcking gay! The impoverished fool can go to hell!

I was actually being sarcastic. You have a horrible temper. Putting your friend's business on front street like that. Wow. undecided
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 5:36am On Feb 13, 2012
davidylan:

Most of my female friends fall in the same category as well

just admit you didn't read my post before typing.
I find it extremely hard to believe that most of your female friends are 24 yr old doctors who also happen to be born again and beyonce look-alikes.
besides, why are you single sef if you really are surrounded by all these idealistic women as you describe.

even I will be the first to admit that I don't know too many guys who are super rich, handsome, fit, born again, responsible and family oriented. they are hard to come by and I'm not all that idealistic grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 5:40am On Feb 13, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

I was actually being sarcastic. You have a horrible temper. Putting your friend's business on front street like that. Wow. undecided

He is no friend of mine! Especially now that you've spilled the beans about his treachery! You can go marry him; both of you will make a perfect couple and deserve each other! Awon oloriburuku gbogbo! Aaaarghh! I am so pissed off! I trusted that murrafcker!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 13, 2012
c.fours:

just admit you didn't read my post before typing.
I find it extremely hard to believe that most of your female friends are 24 yr old doctors who also happen to be born again and beyonce look-alikes.

besides, why are you single sef if you really are surrounded by all these idealistic women as you describe.

Dumb. Perhaps we simply mill around with different people. You dont know me, why make assumptions?
Secondly i'm not single thanks.

ThiefOfHearts:

1. I largely stay off threads with your ilk there with tiny exemptions.
2. There is nothing like "my threads" here (someone corrected you on this on the movie thread). If you want "my thread" then go ahead and set up your own personal blog. Believe me, i wont be commenting on anything you post there. You can even buy a mattress and lay it there to sleep.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 5:45am On Feb 13, 2012
davidylan:

Dumb. Perhaps we simply mill around with different people. You dont know me, why make assumptions?
Secondly i'm not single thanks.

You are definitely NOT married. I don't believe that!!
anybody can be whatever they wish over the internet anyway.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:48am On Feb 13, 2012
davidylan:

D. Believe me, i wont be commenting on anything you post there.

If you do, may Sango strike you dead in your sleep smiley

Stay blessed! grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 5:49am On Feb 13, 2012
c.fours:

You are definitely NOT married. I don't believe that!!
anybody can be whatever they wish over the internet anyway.

Believe me, its an anonymous forum, i wonder why you keep crying "i dont believe" every 2 secs. Whether you "believe" anything or not really isnt important. Its not like you would be feeding me next week anyway.
Secondly, i said i was NOT single . . . does that equate to being married? The level of intellectual competence here is truly appalling.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:50am On Feb 13, 2012
moremi2008:

He is no friend of mine! Especially now that you've spilled the beans about his treachery! You can go marry him; both of you will make a perfect couple and deserve each other! Awon oloriburuku gbogbo! Aaaarghh! I am so pissed off! I trusted that murrafcker!

what treachery? dude what the hell is wrong with you? Acting like a psychotic asinwin. all this ontop what?  
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 13, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

If you do, may Sango strike you dead in your sleep  smiley

Stay blessed!  grin

Ok? What's new? This must be how you were raised.
Uh oh, she's fighting with someone else too? How typical. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 5:53am On Feb 13, 2012
ok good for you and your harem of 24 yr old beyonce looking born-again doctors.  grin

davidylan:

Secondly, i said i was NOT single . . . does that equate to being married? The level of intellectual competence here is truly appalling.

the way I see it is single/married. especially considering the subject of this topic.
i'm in a relationship but I would sign single in an official document because i'm not married.
what needs to be intellectual about that? all these abrasive pseudo-Einsteins sef. I don tire
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 13, 2012
c.fours:

ok good for you and your harem of 24 yr old beyonce looking born-again doctors.  grin

we're doing just fine thank you. You dont have to believe we exist. grin

c.fours:

the way I see it is single/married. especially considering the subject of this topic.
i'm in a relationship but I would sign single in an official document because i'm not married.
what needs to be intellectual about that? all these abrasive pseudo-Einsteins sef. I don tire

We arent signing official forms here - the technical understanding for "single" is unmarried and unattached in a relationship. I come off as abrasie to those who think they can piggy back on the psychotic behaviour of others to throw snide remarks. You get as much as you give sis. Dont complain.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:58am On Feb 13, 2012
Didnt he say he was gonna ignore me?  

I realized long ago that all these dudes looking for my trouble are actually secretly in love with me.

Of course they will deny it, they will even go as far as insulting me, claiming ITS NOT TRUE  grin but when you read between the lines., You can see it.  smiley

David, Im not into Igbo men. abeg. You guys are nasty/rude agbayas with NO sense of humor.

hope this your current gf is Igbo or just NON-Yoruba sha. Be like your dad and stay away with Yoruba girls. Seriously.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 6:07am On Feb 13, 2012
davidylan:

we're doing just fine thank you. You dont have to believe we exist.  grin

We arent signing official forms here - the technical understanding for "single" is unmarried and unattached in a relationship. I come off as abrasie to those who think they can piggy back on the psychotic behaviour of others to throw snide remarks. You get as much as you give sis. Dont complain.

why do you say "we" ? are you a 24yr old female doctor too?
It's ok. I won't stoop down to that level. As long as i'm not seeing you in real life or anything like that.

but, you need to get married quick though. then we shall see how your ideas have changed.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 13, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

Didnt he say he was gonna ignore me?  

I realized long ago that all these dudes looking for my trouble are actually secretly in love with me.

Of course they will deny it, they will even go as far as insulting me, claiming ITS NOT TRUE  grin but when you read between the lines., You can see it.  smiley

David, Im not into Igbo men. abeg. You guys are nasty/rude agbayas with NO sense of humor.

hope this your current gf is Igbo or just NON-Yoruba sha. Be like your dad and stay away with Yoruba girls. Seriously.

Cognitive dissonance in action. You claimed to be unsubscribing from "this mess" way back on post #682.  grin confused much?
Trust me, igbo men arent into you either.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 6:13am On Feb 13, 2012
c.fours:

why do you say "we" ? are you a 24yr old female doctor too?
It's ok. I won't stoop down to that level. As long as i'm not seeing you in real life or anything like that.

but, you need to get married quick though. then we shall see how your ideas have changed.

This one certainly has trouble understanding simple english language. Stick to yoruba threads.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:17am On Feb 13, 2012
Good. my flesh is safe grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by jaybee3(m): 6:20am On Feb 13, 2012
Na wa oh
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 6:22am On Feb 13, 2012
These guys are definitely frustrated old bachelors.
with the topic title, one would think that they are enjoying life   cheesy clearly not.

jay bee:

Na wa oh

Mr. Jay bee,
you fit throw some luck to these boys?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 13, 2012
c.fours:

These guys are definitely frustrated old bachelors.
with the topic title, one would think that they are enjoying life   cheesy clearly not.

What brings you to such a conclusion? grin
Because we sometimes choose to engage lousy and clearly unintelligent girls like you?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 6:30am On Feb 13, 2012
^sharrap monkey. go and marry grin
the first was boasting about his 'wealth'. this one is boasting about his 'brain'
what will I not see on this website. dear God, why haven't I found this place much sooner grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 13, 2012
c.fours:

^sharrap monkey.  go and marry  grin
the first was boasting about his 'wealth'. this one is boasting about his 'brain'
what will I not see on this website. dear God, why haven't I found this place much sooner  grin

Its not "boasting", its fact.  grin Infact at no point did i mention anything about my brain (again an example of your inability to grasp anything remotely more complex than 1+1=2)

When whites call us monkeys we bawl and scream racism . . . but have no problem calling each other monkeys anyway.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by cfours: 6:48am On Feb 13, 2012
pele o. all the 'intellectual this and that' 'i am smarter than you' 'can you add 1+2'  comments just they scare me. maybe i'm just paranoid.
well, I won't scream and bawl if a white called me monkey. I keep my cool. blacks do look more like monkeys than other races though, due to our skin color. and whites look more like pigs.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 6:53am On Feb 13, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

what treachery? dude what the hell is wrong with you? Acting like a psychotic asinwin. all this ontop what?    

You were the one that put his name no NL for the world to see? With a friend like you, he doesn't need enemies! Looks like you got played real hard because I actually never approached him for fact-finding directly but went through separate mutual friends. My instincts about that gay were right! You idiotic ara-oke Ibadan people really think you're smart, huh!  You fcking played yourself Temi! Now, look who got publicly embarrassed in the process?! Hope this teaches you and your friend not to mess with me. Hahahahahahaha!!!!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:02am On Feb 13, 2012
Wow. You're an embarrassment. Look at you having a mental breakdown  undecided

Stay blessed sha grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:06am On Feb 13, 2012
c.fours:

well, I won't scream and bawl if a white called me monkey. I keep my cool. blacks do look more like monkeys than other races though, due to our skin color.

while I agree that white look like pigs. I hope you're not saying the above in public undecided agreeing with racists that you look like a monkey is pretty damn sad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36) (Reply)

Wife Catches Her Husband Cheating, Throws Out His Belongings / Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? / Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.