Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,729 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:36 PM

My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years (3091 Views)

This Guy Broke Up With His Abuja Girlfriend & Married A Girl From His Village / She Broke Up With Me Because I Am Ibo / She Broke Up When I Told Her No Sex Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by oparahchi(m): 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2012
Hello everyone. pls i nid ur advice. i have bin dating dis girl 4 six years and today she broke up with me because am not JEHOVAH'S witness. we ve bin dating for six years and was hoping to get married to her and everytym we talked abt d differences in belief, she either runs away from it or i do. but today she has developed a tough heart and cald it off and said the only option was to convert. i told her i cannot convert because of her it wld seem as tho i dont put GOD first, but if i wld convert let me do it naturally which is most likely not. alot of us knw dat dey dont celebrate christmas and birthdays, so shes lyk if 2moro am 50 and doin my golden jubilee and she doesnt attend, how wld i feel?or if GOD forbid i do an operation and maybe goin for thanksgiving and she doesnt attend how wld i feel?
i have told her dat am actually grooming myself for 2moro and am ready to liv with our differences wen we get married 2moro but she tinks am jst driven by mere emotions and sentiments for now dat she blivs we wld not work. however shes sayin dat now even if i decide to convert to JEHOVAHS witness, its not a guarantee dat we wld get back, but she wld wait and see if i genuiely converted.
i have bin begging her all day to pls consider and change her mind lets get back togeda. i cant do witout her. shes a perfect woman and sum1 i want to spend my life wit. but my begging seems to be hiting shallow waters. pls advice me on wat to do if i shld let go or fight it and hope she changes her mind. am a christian that attends a penticostal church.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by MrsChima1(f): 11:01pm On Feb 04, 2012
Awwwwwwww.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 04, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Killz3(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2012
I've been around Jehovah's Witnesses for so long to know that this story is Bullshit! wink
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Skii(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2012
denomination wont get you (or her for that matter) into heaven, either she has someone else in mind (cos you have taken so long,,,6years) or something,,,

if indeed you truly love her, go at it again and if all else fails,,,,move on
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by lolaluv1(f): 11:10pm On Feb 04, 2012
Eyah! Kpele!!

It's a serious issue though. Don't be blinded cause religious differences in marriage are 'oh so real'.

Just chill and think things sha. Then you can take a decision!!
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Acidosis(m): 11:17pm On Feb 04, 2012
so what have you both been doing all this while? ?

If she could sex you under the same 'anointing' of Jehova's witness, why then is marriage a big task for her to accept. This is funny. .
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by oparahchi(m): 11:21pm On Feb 04, 2012
@kills, its not a bull, sh.i.t story. dis happened to me personally and just today.
i feel so hard to let it go. i have tot of different tins maybe ders sum1 else but she has assured me ders no 1 else. she was suggesting a bible study 4 me initially but wen i didnt giv a positive answer she told me no goin back. bin beggin her even up till now dat i post dis thread am still begging her but she sounds lyk her mind is made up. shes a very good girl to me, shes my friend, a sister and all i cld ever ask in a woman. am so so sad. my friends tried to get me drunk today to 4get abt it but dats not even workin at all.
2 years back we fot her parents cos of cultural differences. am ibo shes yoruba and eventually dey let it go, so now i jst tink all dat fite was wasted efforts.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Killz3(m): 11:26pm On Feb 04, 2012
Smh! Now it is ibo/ yoruba? Another twist? I'll just keep mute on this one! I dont want to ask you expository questions! Enjoy!
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by oparahchi(m): 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2012
@kills pls ask ur question i wld gladly answer u,
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Skii(m): 11:31pm On Feb 04, 2012
On behalf of killz, have you shined the congo?
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 04, 2012
Skii:

denomination wont get you (or her for that matter) into heaven, either she has someone else in mind (cos you have taken so long,,,6years) or something,,,

if indeed you truly love her, go at it again and if all else fails,,,,move on

i think u just need to sit this one out and watch her. Give her a period of grace . But i suggest u just move on cos she has thought things through and has taken a resolve in her best interest. Take time to think things through, and dont worry about her cos she just gave way for u to meet someone better.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Killz3(m): 11:36pm On Feb 04, 2012
How old are you, and how old is she?
Are both of her parents witnesses?
If yes, when did they become witnesses?
If no, which one of her parents is a witness?
Is she baptized?
When was she baptized?
Do her parents know you personally?
If yes, for how long?
If no, why?
Did she suggest you start a bible study?
If yes, what book did she show you?
If no, why?
Let's start with these first!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by oparahchi(m): 11:40pm On Feb 04, 2012
@ skii, i wish i cld say she reli gave way for me to meet sum1 beta, but i dont tink so cos she better dan best.shes everytin i want.i dont tink i wld meet a woman lyk her again as as she is, dats where am so hurt.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Killz3(m): 11:52pm On Feb 04, 2012
Op, i'll be going offline by midnight. Answer the questions first! After 6 years of a relationship with a witness, you should have these details. I know when you lie about the answers! I'll be back for more tomorrow.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by oparahchi(m): 11:53pm On Feb 04, 2012
@kill, shes abt to be baptised dats y dis issue came up
her mom is JEHOVAH'S witness her dad is baptist
her parents have known me 4 abt 4yrs
yes she suggested a bible study 4 me and was hoping i said yes, but wen i acted not interested dats wen she made up her mind
so dats it.
and we r quite young.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 04, 2012
oparah chi:

@ skii, i wish i cld say she reli gave way for me to meet sum1 beta, but i dont tink so cos she better dan best.shes everytin i want.i dont tink i wld meet a woman lyk her again as as she is, dats where am so hurt.
op . There are lots of incredibly wonderful women out there, u just have to open ur hrt and give it a try. Or better still go on begging her but i think that it wld do more harm than good.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 05, 2012
nomsochris:

op . There are lots of incredibly wonderful women out there, u just have to open ur hrt and give it a try. Or better still go on begging her but i think that it wld do more harm than good.

I have been told this same-thing over and over for months but its still not cutting it - try to give the OP another better advice which would help him find his way around it.

@OP: I don't know what to say - my friend's GF of 4yrz broke up with him because of same JW issue too - I don't know what to tell you, 6 years is quite long time, do try to think of something, take your time sir.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by oparahchi(m): 12:25am On Feb 05, 2012
@ naijacrip, tnx 4 ur response. i have tried to tink of sumtin.but sincerely notin seems to b comin. all i tink abt is house i cant stay witout her. no strategic asides 4m beggin her.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by born2boink(m): 12:31am On Feb 05, 2012
That is not genuine excused for breaking, the last time i attended church was close to 11 months now and my girlfriend goes to church weekly and weekend basis, we are still together till now
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by omega25red(m): 12:46am On Feb 05, 2012
poster

sorry to hear of your pain. you should let her go since she has made up her mind. the worst situation you want to be in, is to be with a woman who is with you out of pity.

I know it hurts right now and it will hurt for a while but you will have to be strong. 6yrs is a long time and we humans find it hard to break our routines most especially when the routine is for years. just be strong and dont get drunk because it wont help.

honestly there is no way to get over heart break but letting time pass gets rid of it so be ready for the pain but it will pass. Oh yea there are awsome women out there women who would love you and appreciate you so dont worry you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Mynd44: 12:52am On Feb 05, 2012
This is not the first time I am reading a story like this on NL
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Killz3(m): 8:54am On Feb 05, 2012
oparah chi:

@kill, shes abt to be baptised dats y dis issue came up
her mom is JEHOVAH'S witness her dad is baptist
her parents have known me 4 abt 4yrs
yes she suggested a bible study 4 me and was hoping i said yes, but wen i acted not interested dats wen she made up her mind
so dats it.
and we r quite young.
First of all, if she is NOT baptized, you CANT call her a witness. NO witness would date a NON witness for 6 years! It's not tenable!
What book did she show you for the study, and how old is she?
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Mynd44: 9:38am On Feb 05, 2012
^^^
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 05, 2012
It's over bro. It's either you convert or move on.
I don't know why someone would want to be with a person that doesn't wanna be with you.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by claremont(m): 9:51am On Feb 05, 2012
Let her goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by babsjnr(m): 11:01am On Feb 05, 2012
Pele
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Mynd44: 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2012
*hisses*
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by UyiIredia(m): 12:20pm On Feb 05, 2012
@ Oparah >>> My condolences. This is an unfortunate case where denominationalism is a problem and prevents unity.
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Mynd44: 12:47pm On Feb 05, 2012
^^^
Perhaps he is just lying
Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2012
I am sorry for ur misfortun she is no longer attracted to u, she's just using the jehovahs witness as an excuses

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Jst Broke Up With Me After 6 Years by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2012
Adetayo100:

I am sorry for ur misfortun she is no longer attracted to u, she's just using the jehovahs witness as an excuses
my toughts exactlly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Romance / Libido Chewing Gum / Does Love Wear Out With Time? / Love? ⇨ Marriage? ⇨ Sex? (see)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.