Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (810674 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kingsilly(m): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Good morning folks, please how do I get to ikeja vfs from mile2

grin grin .TAKE A CAB MY FWEND

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 11:12am On Sep 09, 2014
kingsilly:

Kingsley you sef! grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emmagency(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
kingsilly:

Lol..Seconded! Big boy like you going to the UK isn't supposed to be seen in danfos and keke nau.... Hahahahaha
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
Emmagency:

Lol..Seconded! Big boy like you going to the UK isn't supposed to be seen in danfos and keke nau.... Hahahahaha

See setup oo grin
you nko wey dey find cheap flights, why you no book direct flights for 500k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emmagency(m): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
spikesC:

See setup oo grin
you nko wey dey find cheap flights, why you no book direct flights for 500k

Hahahahaha... aeroplane different from danfo and keke nau.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ravensburger: 7:54am On Sep 10, 2014
dear nairalander,

please how can i change 700k in my naira account to euro,although i have mastercard and gtbank internet banking?apart from the exchange rate and and gtbank charges will i pay any other charges to the bank atm i use here in europe?what is gtbank rate as at today?

thanks alot
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 11:00am On Sep 10, 2014
Hey my people,just got to uk this morning and @ HudsonBanks iberia airline na real molue oh,imagine no entertainment for 5 hours flight to madrid and they were selling breakfast early this morning from madrid to london chai but i thank GOD still as i don land

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kingsilly(m): 11:08am On Sep 10, 2014
Bambamzzzz: Hey my people,just got to uk this morning and @ HudsonBanks iberia airline na real molue oh,imagine no entertainment for 5 hours flight to madrid and they were selling breakfast early this morning from madrid to london chai but i thank GOD still as i don land
grin angry grin

TANK GOD
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 11:57am On Sep 10, 2014
Bambamzzzz: Hey my people,just got to uk this morning and @ HudsonBanks iberia airline na real molue oh,imagine no entertainment for 5 hours flight to madrid and they were selling breakfast early this morning from madrid to london chai but i thank GOD still as i don land

Praise God for Journey mercies oo cheesy!! Ehen you see am grin I talk am say them never change lol grin Shameless things selling breakfast on an international flight, na real wa for them. All that matters is that you land Birmingham.

Enjoy bro I dey your back dey come cool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 12:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Praise God for Journey mercies oo cheesy!! Ehen you see am grin I talk am say them never change lol grin Shameless things selling breakfast on an international flight, na real wa for them. All that matters is that you land Birmingham.

Enjoy bro I dey your back dey come cool

LOL na so am in milton keynes now chlling with my friend but will head to Birmingham tomorrow to sort out my accommodation and balance my school fess bcuz na monday dem go start orientation
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

LOL na so am in milton keynes now chlling with my friend but will head to Birmingham tomorrow to sort out my accommodation and balance my school fess bcuz na monday dem go start orientation

Make sense. Me sef no go reach my uni immediately I land, will chill in London for at least two days before I head out to school. My own orientation still far small, 29th this month.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by TeamclicksAir: 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Make sense. Me sef no go reach my uni immediately I land, will chill in London for at least two days before I head out to school. My own orientation still far small, 29th this month.
have you booked your molue
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
TeamclicksAir: have you booked your molue

grin grin grin

He's looking for keke grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
TeamclicksAir: have you booked your molue

Looooooool! grin Why you teasing na cheesy . Anyways I was able to convince myself that I didn't really need to get to London so quickly but more interested in getting there comfortably.

So! I've booked my flight but won't be transiting Casablanca anymore, its gonna be Hamad International grin wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
spikesC:

grin grin grin

He's looking for keke grin

ROTFLMAO grin Na make I just reach London sha, I no mind plantain leaf or groundnut shell sef grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kingsilly(m): 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Looooooool! grin Why you teasing na cheesy . Anyways I was able to convince myself that I didn't really need to get to London so quickly but more interested in getting there comfortably.

So! I've booked my flight but won't be transiting Casablanca anymore, its gonna be Hamad International grin wink

Qatar airline be dat...me tinking Emirate cuz me self no dey rush too...thou my skol orientation na dis week...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
kingsilly:

Qatar airline be dat...me tinking Emirate cuz me self no dey rush too...thou my skol orientation na dis week...

Mehn na to enjoy the trip matter pass. Emirates posh too, na my elder bro Airline of choice be that for all him trips till he made the mistake of Flying Iberia lol. Infact them gulf states Airlines are the go to for luxury.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2014

I remember I told you about royal air maroc. Lol. Welcome mam
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bambamzzzz: 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

I remember I told you about royal air maroc. Lol. Welcome mam

chai, its always good to plan trips ahead so that you can fly the airline of your choice grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kingsilly(m): 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Mehn na to enjoy the trip matter pass. Emirates posh too, na my elder bro Airline of choice be that for all him trips till he made the mistake of Flying Iberia lol. Infact them gulf states Airlines are the go to for luxury.
Sey make I take one way or return ticket..ma class finishes June nxt year
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
kingsilly:
Sey make I take one way or return ticket..ma class finishes June nxt year

Na one way I book cos I'm not sure when I'll be ready to return. After classes in June you still have your thesis to attend to so I don't think you'd be in a rush to come back. One way or return na personal decision cos I don't think you really save much buying return if you don't have a specific return date already.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kingsilly(m): 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Na one way I book cos I'm not sure when I'll be ready to return. After classes in June you still have your thesis to attend to so I don't think you'd be in a rush to come back. One way or return na personal decision cos I don't think you really save much buying return if you don't have a specific return date already.
..TANKS...one way it is
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 10:05am On Sep 11, 2014
A fact about me:

First student to register in the University of Greenwich, Medway campus for the 2014 session with issue no 01 cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
spikesC: A fact about me:

First student to register in the University of Greenwich, Medway campus for the 2014 session with issue no 01 cool

LOL…Nice one… Didn't know you're coming to Medway…it's not too far from where i am. If you play enter Canterbury…Holla me!!

@ Justwise; I need your opinion;
My Tier 4 Visa (multiple entry) expires in January 2015 and my MSc programme ends on the 20th of this month. I want to visit Dubai for about 14 days and come back to the UK. However, as at the time i would be returning to the UK, my programme would have ended officially.
I'm processing my Dubai Tourist Visa from Nigeria. My question is; will i be allowed back into the UK given the fact that my programme would have ended by the time of my return?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
735i:

LOL…Nice one… Didn't know you're coming to Medway…it's not too far from where i am. If you play enter Canterbury…Holla me!!

@ Justwise; I need your opinion;
My Tier 4 Visa (multiple entry) expires in January 2015 and my MSc programme ends on the 20th of this month. I want to visit Dubai for about 14 days and come back to the UK. However, as at the time i would be returning to the UK, my programme would have ended officially.
I'm processing my Dubai Tourist Visa from Nigeria. My question is; will i be allowed back into the UK given the fact that my programme would have ended by the time of my return?

Why are you proceeding it from Nigeria while you are in the UK?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
justwise:

Why are you proceeding it from Nigeria while you are in the UK?

Because the VFS agency in UK says; my UK Visa must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of application.
Meanwhile, the agency processing it in Nigeria says i can get the VISA irrespective of the validity period of my UK visa.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
735i:

Because the VFS agency in UK says; my UK Visa must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of application.
Meanwhile, the agency processing it in Nigeria says i can get the VISA irrespective of the validity period of my UK visa.

Please before you pay for the visa from Nigeria find out from them if visa by proxy is allowed since you be traveling from the UK and returning back to the UK. That may be an issue when you are trying to re-enter the UK.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
justwise:

Please before you pay for the visa from Nigeria find out from them if visa by proxy is allowed since you be traveling from the UK and returning back to the UK. That may be an issue when you are trying to re-enter the UK.

I did ask them and they said it shouldn't be an issue. But i haven't paid though. I'm just wondering why it should matter. My UK visa says; multiple entry.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
735i:

I did ask them and they said it shouldn't be an issue. But i haven't paid though. I'm just wondering why it should matter. My UK visa says; multiple entry.

Yes it's multiple entry but you timed your travel wrongly, it's always good to travel when you are still an active student using your studies as a tie but since they said it's not an issue then you will be fine, just printout the email exchange between you and them just in case you are stopped and asked why you decided to get your visa from Nigeria and not from the UK.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
justwise:

Yes it's multiple entry but you timed your travel wrongly, it's always good to travel when you are still an active student using your studies as a tie but since they said it's not an issue then you will be fine, just printout the email exchange between you and them just in case you are stopped and asked why you decided to get your visa from Nigeria and not from the UK.

Okay..Thanks a lot. One last question please;
Would i encounter the same challenges with entry if i decided to visit Nigeria instead? I mean; give the circumstances i mentioned earlier...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
735i:

Okay..Thanks a lot. One last question please;
Would i encounter the same challenges with entry if i decided to visit Nigeria instead? I mean; give the circumstances i mentioned earlier...

Not really, i know some friends who did just that after their dissertation and still return back to the UK, some were questioned at the POE and they said they were coming back to pick their stuff....result, look for possibility of doing Phd etc and were allowed in.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
I've officially ported to this thread grin. Booked my flight by faith before going to submit my application at Abuja and now that faith has materialized smiley.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.