Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? (106010 Views)

What An APC Fan Was Doing In Akwa Ibom State (Photo) / Photos: Peter Obi Doing Early-Morning Exercise At His Onitsha GRA Home / Gov. Peter Obi Doing Bowling In One Of His World Class Roads (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Doyou2019: 8:41am On Aug 06, 2022
Ayk8:

10+ valid (present and futuristic) reasons why BAT deserves to win the presidential seat come 2023

1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid.
First of it’s Kind

2. Decentralisation: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganisation of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022

4 Health: Decentralisation of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency.

In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then.
First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.

6. Investment: Lekki Free Trade Zone opened Lagos to investors and now several top companies/bodies have their headquarters there including the biggest consulate office of the USA

7. Housing: Decentralisation of the ministry of works and housing gave birth to the conversion of the housing department to a full fledge ministry which was charged with providing 500 units of houses yearly. This single move led to making the Lekki corridor the fastest growing,
real estate investment haven in Nigeria.

Housing sector was opened to the private investors and Lagos became the highest destination for real estate investors in Nigeria.

8. EDUCATION: Payment of WAEC fee for students from all walks of life so far you live in Lagos. Several schools were built. The One-Day governor program started with the spelling bee competition.
First of its kind.

9. SECURITY: The closest thing to state policing started in Nigeria under Tinubu, with RRS in 1999. The prisons reformation in order to curb activities of criminals, led to conversion of Ita Oko Prisoners Camp to a Youth Skill Acquisition Centre.

10. ENVIRONMENT: LAWMA, LASEPA, LWC, PUMAU, LASECA. All formulated by @officialABAT
to tackle the issue of environmental decay in Lagos

11. EMPOWERMENT SCHEMES: The creation of several agencies led to several openings in the government which led to jobs in LASTMA, LAGBUS, LASEWA etc.
First of its kind.

Oga, The list long.

Who dares compare JAGABAN to OBI?? Abi dem dey crase??

All these mediocre achievements and Lagos still sits at the bottom of world city ratings - all hail second worst city to live in the world. grin Ordinary dirt, your Tinubu-inspired Lagos cannot even manage in the 21st Century, despite running things for 23years! Bow o, to the one-eyed king in the land of the blind! All hail a so-called smart city that is still struggling with water problems, inadequate schools, housing deficits, good roads. Biko, hail a smart city that can't even compete with lowly Casablanca, Tunis and Joburg!

Shior! You must think everyone is as stupid as those you deceive in your stupid party of ne'erdowells..
Oniyeye!
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by ribbit: 11:47am On Aug 06, 2022
Wintertime:

Let me tell you, is Seun the mod or do you think he's regular on nairaland
again

You have to be an ediot to think anyone can back date nairaland..

Not even the mods.. they have control over moderation not how the site works..

You don't even need to be tech savvy to know this. Jesus.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by GeneralDae: 11:52am On Aug 06, 2022
Doyou2019:

All these mediocre achievements and Lagos still sits at the bottom of world city ratings - all hail second worst city to live in the world. grin Ordinary dirt, your Tinubu-inspired Lagos cannot even manage in the 21st Century, despite running things for 23years! Bow o, to the one-eyed king in the land of the blind! All hail a so-called smart city that is still struggling with water problems, inadequate schools, housing deficits, good roads. Biko, hail a smart city that can't even compete with lowly Casablanca, Tunis and Joburg!

Shior! You must think everyone is as stupid as those you deceive in your stupid party of ne'erdowells..
Oniyeye!

Why have you not also extended this energy to Anambra and Okpoko?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Wintertime: 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2022
ribbit:
again

You have to be an ediot to think anyone can back date nairaland..

Not even the mods.. they have control over moderation not how the site works..

You don't even need to be tech savvy to know this. Jesus.

What do you know
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by ribbit: 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2022
Wintertime:

What do you know
I know cos i build websites from scratch and I know how these simple things work.

I don't even need to ask what you know. Because by their fruit...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Wintertime: 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2022
ribbit:
I know cos i build websites from scratch and I know how these simple things work.

I don't even need to ask what you know. Because by their fruit...

Shut up,, you are not the only builder of website..
The only question I should ask you.. do you work in nairaland to know the permission level of each admin or mod and their access level.

By their fruit you shall know what..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by ribbit: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2022
Wintertime:

Shut up,, you are not the only builder of website..
The only question I should ask you.. do you work in nairaland to know the permission level of each admin or mod and their access level.

By their fruit you shall know what..

ok
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Moh247: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2022
Doyou2019:

Oniyeye!

Cursing Nairaland

Rule 2 Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

Call a spade a spade. This was a real thread in 2012, not backdated. This shows that Obi is just like the other politicians or what has changed in these 10 years?
Make we shine our eyes. Don't fight for any candidate, fight for a modification of the constitution. Any of them win, we can only pray for the best.
Personally, I don't fancy any of them and they all of their strengths and weaknesses.
Same here bro.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Perfectbeing(m): 4:14am On Aug 12, 2022
Gbemiie:

No one is attacking your Tinubu bros. Search on print Media, search on social media, listen to your TV and radio, Tinubu by himself has demarket himself. Evidence everywhere about how he helped install a calamity known as Buhari. He said it himself that he wants to recruit youths into military and feed them cassava and corn... Go and vote your old cargo candidate. We don't care.
We will massively rally behind the best alternative.
It is funny how Nigeria that has eba, fufu etc as staple food are against being fed cassava and corn.

What does the Government feed our military with? Pizza?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Perfectbeing(m): 4:23am On Aug 12, 2022
Barnacious:
Oh...no wonder!

But wait oo, how come Obiano who dissociated himself from Obi's "misgovernance" got whisked away by EFCC on the day of his hand over while trying to flee the country, but Obi had never been invited by any antigraft agency to answer for any misgovernance since leaving office Kindly help me understand please...
So in other words the only way we should know if a Governor is corrupt is if Nigerian EFCC whisk him away after his tenure?
So Fayose is corrupt but Emmanuel Uduaghan is not corrupt?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Perfectbeing(m): 4:33am On Aug 12, 2022
Hausa:
Having gone through this thread from the beginning, it is important to note that as a true-and-true, the people that created this thread in 2012 and the comments that ensued, were not entirely out of place.
Unless you constantly revel in denial, or you come home once a year and spend Christmas in your small village in Anambra and return to your main abode in January, would you not know that there's an atom of truth about their original concerns and worry for Anambra state at the time.

Anambra, in the way that I analyse it (in my head every time I get the chance to tour the towns), is supposed to be far far better than what it is supposed to be because we have people with the utmost capacity to get things done. Unfortunately, the result from that capacity is not usually as elite as advertised. That capacity has not really illuminated this state in such a way that I can beat my chest and say, "Yes, the brains of our people are matching what I'm seeing."
I can therefore not beat my chest and say, "Yes, my people have money and brains, and that it is reflecting in what I see around in the state."

For context, it is not that it isn't there, but it's in dribs and drabs.
But then that is so in every state in this country. And unless you still want to live and revel in denial, would you not admit that it is so in other states in this country.

Be that as it may, this thread was in 2012 (10 years ago).
Can it give us an insight on who Peter Obi was? Yes.
He left office around 2014, and I'm sure he'll know in his mind (if he's truly God-fearing) that he didn't do enough. Cos he didn't, to put it mildly.
But is there a chance he has learnt from the past?
The answer is Yes.
Is there a chance that if you give him the opportunity to run this country, he can do it efficiently? The answer is yes.
Is he better than Atiku and Tinubu?
I like to think in my humble opinion that the answer is yes.
Now, I'm not saying Atiku and Tinubu are not capable or that they lack the capacity, they are, in their own right.
But I have to give my humble opinion that I don't see them doing so much for this country than Peter Obi would, if given a chance.

And that's why I agree with some comments while scrolling on this thread that:
1. It is true that the three are Frauds, yes.
2. It is true that the three are interested in their own Pockets, Yes.
3. It is true that the three Brag a lot for what they have done, what they can do, and what they can't do, Yes.
4. It is true that the three are Evil, yes.

But I'd like to choose the lesser evil...
And that Lesser Evil is Peter Obi.
I'll vote for him, and I'll wish him the best of luck there is.
Nice write up.

But the issue is, why then do people like you blame others for voting Buhari in 2015 and 2019 after seeing his red flag as head of state in the 90s? What if they like you thought he had changed?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by OVB123: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2022
DisGuy:
I thought people were celebrating the fact he has no debt!! or the state had the lowest debt profile  cool
This is same obi that people are now clamouring for in 2023 presidential election. We should think wisely ooo. Obidient is not the answer.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
Echoban:

Don't u think u LL need to push this to FP again??

Let's see the fraudulent these people are trying to shove our throat.

No wonder wen u ask them what are the Archievement of PO, they turn violent or rather start telling u he left 75B, shared laptop, shared school bus and some petty local govt type of arxhievement.

Chai.

Lalasticlala . FP abeg.
grin grin laffing out loud @ local government achievements!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
mycar:

In addition to roads, complexes and other infrastructures built by Peter Obi, there is nothing more powerful than human capital development, if you doubt me, build all the mansion in the world, if you do not train your children to be successful in life, all your efforts will go down the drain before your very eyes.
I wonder how people will choose 1983 Mercedes 190 over 2022 Mercedes G-Wagon just because he used to like the 190 when he was much younger.
Very good point about human capacity development you mentioned up there. Can you mention 2 political mentees of Peter Obi and where they are today?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by mycar: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kaysalas:

Very good point about human capacity development you mentioned up there. Can you mention 2 political mentees of Peter Obi and where they are today?
some are medical doctors, engineers, lawyers and managers in different organisation, I guess you were waiting to hear politicians, Peter Obi doesn't obstruct the will of the people and He doesn't act as a political Godfather. He allow the people make their choice, he doesn't force his will on the people like other politicians that have held Nigeria back.
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 8:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
mycar:

some are medical doctors, engineers, lawyers and managers in different organisation, I guess you were waiting to hear politicians, Peter Obi doesn't obstruct the will of the people and He doesn't act as a political Godfather. He allow the people make their choice, he doesn't force his will on the people like other politicians that have held Nigeria back.
grin grin grin it just had to be SOME grin. Bogus claims up and down. You can't even mention names, make we for nor open Una yansh again. Please rest, Tinubu nor be Obi mate in all ramifications . Check the attached thread from 2012 and see wetin Una people had to say about your candidate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
mycar:

https://www.facebook.com/100071454606052/videos/631625591721587/
Also check out your candidate here.
And you guys will come around and call Tinubu senile. See Obi wet nor senile, wetin dem ask am, wetin him dey talk. Person wey say the best advice he got on security issues was from a mad man. Is that one fit for leadership? Imagine saying this at the UN Congress. What an international embarrassment that will be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2022
DAVE5:

This thread really threw me off balance ohh, someone i carried his matter on my head like gala seller, I was initially on the moghalu train and I know deep within my heart he can’t win, but as soon as moghalu was kicked out I joined the next “somewhat worthy” train and here I am on a thread that’s really daunting (abi which English I wan use describe am now)

Like you said, God help us
But I no push him agenda again, I go use only my own vote to vote am so I don’t regret pushing other people to vote him if he underperforms

Ike gwuru
So you will leave Tinubu with a track record of performance and vote Obi silently despite knowing fully well he is an established failure! Oh! I forgot, he is Igbo like you. Cheers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
PROUDIGBO:

Tinubus’ greed, lust for power and urge to control would ultimately prove to be his Achilles heel! He’s holding governance in Lagos in a vicelike monkey grip akin to the kind of control a mafia boss would hold over his territory. All the ethnic based politicking you see play out in Lagos every four years is him using ethnicity to try and rally Yoruba to his side so he can continue calling the shots in the state and milking it to enrich himself, his family and his zombie minions otherwise known as agberos!
Interesting! And Agberos nor dey East ABI?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
GeneralDae:

I was actually a supporter of Osinbajo, now I nor know who to support.
You should support Tinubu because of his uncanny ability to raise men, Osinbajo inclusive. My opinion, your decision. Cheers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 10:04pm On Aug 14, 2022
donbrowser:

My brother as the thing be like this ehn, I just jejely choose Tinubu because of some works he did in Lagos state most especially improvement in IGR from 600m to 40bn without federal government allocation and his unbias appointments of competent hands. I go manage that one small
@GeneralDae, see wetin I dey talk wink

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
Ayk8:
10+ valid (present and futuristic) reasons why BAT deserves to win the presidential seat come 2023

1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid.
First of it’s Kind

2. Decentralisation: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganisation of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022

4 Health: Decentralisation of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency.

In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then.
First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.

6. Investment: Lekki Free Trade Zone opened Lagos to investors and now several top companies/bodies have their headquarters there including the biggest consulate office of the USA

7. Housing: Decentralisation of the ministry of works and housing gave birth to the conversion of the housing department to a full fledge ministry which was charged with providing 500 units of houses yearly. This single move led to making the Lekki corridor the fastest growing,
real estate investment haven in Nigeria.

Housing sector was opened to the private investors and Lagos became the highest destination for real estate investors in Nigeria.

8. EDUCATION: Payment of WAEC fee for students from all walks of life so far you live in Lagos. Several schools were built. The One-Day governor program started with the spelling bee competition.
First of its kind.

9. SECURITY: The closest thing to state policing started in Nigeria under Tinubu, with RRS in 1999. The prisons reformation in order to curb activities of criminals, led to conversion of Ita Oko Prisoners Camp to a Youth Skill Acquisition Centre.

10. ENVIRONMENT: LAWMA, LASEPA, LWC, PUMAU, LASECA. All formulated by @officialABAT
to tackle the issue of environmental decay in Lagos

11. EMPOWERMENT SCHEMES: The creation of several agencies led to several openings in the government which led to jobs in LASTMA, LAGBUS, LASEWA etc.
First of its kind.
Quoting for reference purpose
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
ThrownBack:

Competence Competence Competence
Which competence? The one that brought this old thread back to front-page? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by mycar: 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kaysalas:

https://www.facebook.com/100071454606052/videos/631625591721587/
Also check out your candidate here.
And you guys will come around and call Tinubu senile. See Obi wet nor senile, wetin dem ask am, wetin him dey talk. Person wey say the best advice he got on security issues was from a mad man. Is that one fit for leadership? Imagine saying this at the UN Congress. What an international embarrassment that will be.
Those with high IQ understand what is called figurative expression. For those with low IQ, Obi was trying to say that he sees wisdom in everybody irrespective of age and appearance.
Maybe, you have never heard of these adages; " A madman does not lack wisdom", The madman often tells the truth and A madman drops a stone in a well, but forty wise men cannot take it out.
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 11:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
mycar:

Those with high IQ understand what is called figurative expression. For those with low IQ, Obi was trying to say that he sees wisdom in everybody irrespective of age and appearance.
Maybe, you have never heard of these adages; " A madman does not lack wisdom", The madman often tells the truth and A madman drops a stone in a well, but forty wise men cannot take it out.
Just stop trying to justify foolishness. We heard what he said, I don't need you to try to reinterprete what he actually said. Bros! Good night

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by mycar: 11:50pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kaysalas:

grin grin grin it just had to be SOME grin. Bogus claims up and down. You can't even mention names, make we for nor open Una yansh again. Please rest, Tinubu nor be Obi mate in all ramifications . Check the attached thread from 2012 and see wetin Una people had to say about your candidate.
What do you call bogus claim? Is it the names of the students that benefited from his educational facilities or those in the banking and business sector?

For the attached, that was a handwork of his political opponents just like lies that urchins are posting upandan about him at the moment.
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by mycar: 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kaysalas:

Just stop trying to justify foolishness. We heard what he said, I don't need you to try to reinterprete what he actually said. Bros! Good night
You see foolishness there, I see wisdom, hence people perish because of lack of wisdom
good night and pay attention to everything around you, no knowledge is a waste, angels meet people in different forms, you can never tell how ,when and where.
It is never something to make fun of or overlook, there is an element of sense in every nonsense.
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Kaysalas(m): 4:42am On Aug 15, 2022
mycar:

You see foolishness there, I see wisdom, hence people perish because of lack of wisdom
good night and pay attention to everything around you, no knowledge is a waste, angels meet people in different forms, you can never tell how ,when and where.
It is never something to make fun of or overlook, there is an element of sense in every nonsense.
element of sense in taking advice from a madman? undecided, see ehn! I give up on you at this point.
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by mycar: 5:08am On Aug 15, 2022
Kaysalas:
element of sense in taking advice from a madman? undecided, see ehn! I give up on you at this point.
Yep, Pride goes before a fall!
Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by Thedon22: 5:39am On Aug 15, 2022
mycar:

What do you call bogus claim? Is it the names of the students that benefited from his educational facilities or those in the banking and business sector?

For the attached, that was a handwork of his political opponents just like lies that urchins are posting upandan about him at the moment.
So, Tinubu did not produce doctors, engineers, architects, and so on. I Taya how you Obis supporters reason. See what Femi was talking about !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? by mycar: 6:29am On Aug 15, 2022
Thedon22:

So, Tinubu did not produce doctors, engineers, architects, and so on. I Taya how you Obis supporters reason. See what Femi was talking about !
There is a level of inferiority complex in Tinubu supporters I think, You asked a question about human capacity development with respect to Obi and when I provided same to you, you are bringing Tinubu.
The truth is that I don't stand to gain anything directly from either Tinubu or Obi but Obi is much younger and energetic. we don't want another Buhari again and by the way, APC as a party has failed Nigeria.
You need to be sincere to yourself to agree to this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (45) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari And Patience Jonathan Handshake (Photos) / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.