Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,231 members, 7,849,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1051) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8834948 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
^
U be LvG? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
coogar: van gaal is right
a big opportunity to close up on our rivals was missed last weekend. surely, what happened after rafael was pushed off & the resulting penalty wasn't van gaal's fault.

the only thing anyone could argue against were his subs. if di maria & falcao were tired or got hit by cramps then it's totally out of LVG's hands but if it was a tactical decision then he must carry some blame.

we go again......
the football has changed - we play a very exciting football. only a hater would disagree with this bit. all that's needed now is a defence unit that will shut the backdoor so we don't concede more than we score.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
igbsam:
Enough of this una argument na. Haba! since last weekend una no let person hear word. Let's focus on other discussion and leave this rooney and rvp discussion alone. Another weekend is coming up, let's start analysing and not argue who is better and who is not. It's starting to get bored jor!

i didn't hold your hand, did i?
i fail to see how my debate with elampawa stops others from contributing their own piece. can't two different discussions go on together?

igbsam, mind yourself o......

Odunharry:
i agree with u...
Let see how this weekend will go....i still believe we will make top4 by december

top 4 is easy -
what i cannot seem to grasp is the ease at which our players get injured. jones/smalling & evans should be sold......otherwise, this trend will continue again next season.

these players are useless.....a player who cannot be fit for 90% of the season is as worthless as a conference league player. by january, you can bet all of them would be fit again to lure us into a false sense of security of not buying more defenders.

24 hrs after the window closes, you would hear smalling got injured in training again. evans would tear his hamstring & jones would break a toe while dancing with his missus. it's becoming frustrating with these lads. buncha pussiês!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
coogar:

i didn't hold your hand, did i?
i fail to see how my debate with elampawa stops others from contributing their own piece. can't two different discussions go on together?

igbsam, mind yourself o......

No vex, but e don too drag for long na. Make una go on break small, drink water, chop fufu before una continue again after next month wey everybody don play well well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
the most annoying part is that when these CBs return, they need about 3-4 games to get going (reference Evans)! once they are approaching any remote kind of form, bingo! its back to basics... we don't have the time & luxury of dragging such players along, especially when they are as much as 3??
I will personally sell them and get Vlaar+Subotic, good athletism, age & experience; Hummels seem off reach now with his arm band.

Vlaar, Subotic, Jones, Rojo, Blind and Blackett: the CB will have good security, competition and alternatives.
Rafael and Jones for RB
Shaw, Rojo and Blind for LB
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
SailorXY: the most annoying part is that when these CBs return, they need about 3-4 games to get going (reference Evans)! once they are approaching any remote form, bingo! its back to basics...
I will personally sell them and get Vlaar+Subotic, good athletism, age & experience; Hummels seem off reach now with his arm band.

Vlaar, Subotic, Jones, Rojo, Blind and Blackett: the CB will have good security, competition and alternatives.
Rafael and Jones for RB
Shaw, Rojo and Blind for LB

it's so annoying......
look at the other teams - chelsea probably have 1 or 2 players injured. city as well. united must always lead the injury league table - it's becoming an annoying habit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
coogar:

it's so annoying......
look at the other teams - chelsea probably have 1 or 2 players injured. city as well. united must always lead the injury league table - it's becoming an annoying habit.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
^^^

this is depressing......
what made our injury situation horrible is it often strikes in one department of the team.

last season, we had that problem in the attack. it was a struggle to get rooney/RVP on the pitch together. this season, it's the defence. next season, it will be the midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
coogar:

van persie won the golden boot that season & single-handedly won games for us. what did rooney win that season? grin

22 goal contributions was poor from the hole considering the number of minutes rooney got that season.

rooney played 2,014 league minutes altogether in 12/13 & made 22 goal contributions. that's about 1 goal contribution every 91.5 minutes.....

RVP played 3122 league minutes & made 35 goal contributions. that's about 1 goal contribution in 89 minutes. there's a reason fergie booted rooney to the bench that season - RVP is more likely to contribute a goal than rooney.

Except you have not taken into consideration that Rooney played in midfield against Stoke (away), West Ham (away) and Aston Villa (home). Rooney played at least three matches in the wing. RVP played only the number 9 (sole striker) all season.

I don't even have to mention the defensive stats. Rooney is also th number 10 who get lots of defensive stats.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
LvG says he has only one fit CB for the game against West Ham, I assume he's talking about Rojo. he may turn to the academy for reinforcements..

hmmm we must outscore them ooo, na my own concern be that. anything less than a victory, we are waist deep in stinky shiit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
elampiro:
Except you have not taken into consideration that Rooney played in midfield against Stoke (away), West Ham (away) and Aston Villa (home). Rooney played at least three matches in the wing. RVP played only the number 9 (sole striker) all season.

from that same midfield - toure & ramsey scored around 20 league goals. does the position a player plays stop him from scoring goals? will rooney's starting position stop his set play goals he scores?

that excuse is lame!

I don't even have to mention the defensive stats. Rooney is also th number 10 who get lots of defensive stats.

nonsense stats - it's only when a player is useless that his defensive stats get brought up. who cares about that? i look at classic number 10s over the years, zidane, sneijder, hagi, baggio, rummennige, voeller, gullit, etc.

when did you ever see them sprinting 80 yards back to recover the possession? one idïotic journalist was highlighting rooney's run when vardy scored the 4th goal as a sign of his dedication. my question is - how come rooney doesn't run similarly when he's in possession of the ball when we are attacking? grin

rooney's lack of talent attacking wise is the reason his defensive stats get brought up. he should convert himself to a defender & leave the creativity to the masters like juan mata. rooney has no first touch.....his passing is horrible for a number-10 & he lacks the intelligence to be patient & spot an opening.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
I fear Westham aerial ball most.
Think here is where Fellaini is needed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
chrisley024: I fear Westham aerial ball most.
Andy 'gidigbo' Carrol is not available
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
chrisley024: I fear Westham aerial ball most.

rojo & blind can play in the defence - flank them with rafael & shaw. surely, carrick should be ready now, he's been training for 2 weeks. marouane is back from belgium too.

we can't be that bad not to have personnel to play in our defence. how the club allowed 3 big personalities like rio, vidic & evra to walk away without replacing them is questionable. i hope woodward is tying up some deals as we speak.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
coogar:

from that same midfield - toure & ramsey scored around 20 league goals. does the position a player plays stop him from scoring goals? will rooney's starting position stop his set play goals he scores?

that excuse is lame!

nonsense stats - it's only when a player is useless that his defensive stats get brought up. who cares about that? i look at classic number 10s over the years, zidane, sneijder, hagi, baggio, rummennige, voeller, gullit, etc.

when did you ever see them sprinting 80 yards back to recover the possession? one idïotic journalist was highlighting rooney's run when vardy scored the 4th goal as a sign of his dedication. my question is - how come rooney doesn't run similarly when he's in possession of the ball when we are attacking? grin

rooney's lack of talent attacking wise is the reason his defensive stats get brought up. he should convert himself to a defender & leave the creativity to the masters like juan mata. rooney has no first touch.....his passing is horrible for a number-10 & he lacks the intelligence to be patient & spot an opening.

Nonsense essay.

* If it was so easy to play and score from midfield, why did RVP flop when he played number 10 behind Chicha? Kagawa can't play midfiled too. Playing in the midfiled reducxes one's stat especially in Man United. How many goals have our central midfielders score in th last three seasons? Toure and Ranmsey are in a different set up.

* If defensive stat don't count, Mata's impresive attacking stat drom the hole should have helped Chelsea to win the league. No write like someone who doesnt have a single onfield experience in soccer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
Have you guys not read the rumours that Carrick will most likely be converted to a central defender?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
elampiro: Have you guys not read the rumours that Carrick will most likely be converted to a central defender?
no talk that thing for public oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
SailorXY:
Andy 'gidigbo' Carrol is not available
They still do a lot of crossing and aerial ball. I saw that against L'pool
coogar:
rojo & blind can play in the defence - flank them with rafael & shaw. surely, carrick should be ready now, he's been training for 2 weeks. marouane is back from belgium too.
Rojo and Blind can't ward off those aerial balls so I believe the best way is prevent the crossing into our box. If LvG doesn't offer protection to our fullbacks, then it's going to be a very tough day for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
elampiro:
Nonsense essay.

* If it was so easy to play and score from midfield, why did RVP flop when he played number 10 behind Chicha? Kagawa can't play midfiled too. Playing in the midfiled reducxes one's stat especially in Man United. How many goals have our central midfielders score in th last three seasons? Toure and Ranmsey are in a different set up.

RVP is a better number-10 than rooney. he has a better ball control & he was in that hole when they used to have adebayor & eduardo. it seems you only started watching football when newcastle hired alan pardew.

rooney is shït in any position he finds himself. SAF knows more than you do and he preferred danny welbeck in the hole in the biggest game of 2012/13 season. he had tested rooney several times in that hole & rooney capitulated like a bïtch!

rooney lost us the wembley final, he lost england the game against italy in euro 2012. rooney doesn't have a position he has mastered throughout his career. he's a street footballer, he had no proper football education before he shot into the limelight & this is why he's a problem.

* If defensive stat don't count, Mata's impresive attacking stat drom the hole should have helped Chelsea to win the league. No write like someone who doesnt have a single onfield experience in soccer.

and since mata left chelsea, how many titles have they won? how come rooney's defensive stat hasn't won anything for england too - since according to your logic, defensive stats in the hole guarantee trophies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
SailorXY:

Its everywhere actually
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
coogar:

RVP is a better number-10 than rooney. he has a better ball control & he was in that hole when they used to have adebayor & eduardo. it seems you only started watching football when newcastle hired alan pardew.

rooney is shït in any position he finds himself. SAF knows more than you do and he preferred danny welbeck in the hole in the biggest game of 2012/13 season. he had tested rooney several times in that hole & rooney capitulated like a bïtch!

rooney lost us the wembley final, he lost england the game against italy in euro 2012. rooney doesn't have a position he has mastered throughout his career. he's a street footballer, he had no proper football education before he shot into the limelight & this is why he's a problem.

and since mata left chelsea, how many titles have they won? how come rooney's defensive stat hasn't won anything for england too - since according to your logic, defensive stats in the hole guarantee trophies.

* Which RVP? The one who falls down before he can control a ball?

* The one who touches ball once in 4 minutes?

* When he played number 10 behind Adebayo, what position did they finish?

* Nobody in the world knows RVP as a number 10. He is an hyena.

* If Rooney had played against Madrid, we would have won. Because he always score against big teams in Europe. He has the best scoring record against big clubs in knockout games since the history of EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
LvG said that with his own mouth?
dopeJemi:

Its everywhere actually
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
SailorXY:

I read it from two sources.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
SailorXY: LvG said that with his own mouth?

"LVG considers carrick at CB"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
elampiro:
* Which RVP? The one who falls down before he can control a ball?

and rooney with the first touch of a räpist nko? if rooney touches the ball in sapele, the ball would land in PH.

* The one who touches ball once in 4 minutes?

where?
so rooney vacating his position to play keep uppy with evans & jones in the defence is doing the right thing? it's not about the number of times the ball is touched, it's about what you do with the ball. the stats just revealed close to 60% of rooney's passes this season have been backwards. cheesy grin

rooney is a fool!

* When he played number 10 behind Adebayo, what position did they finish?

everyone knew then that arsenal's problems were defensive, not offensive. they played the best football in the land then attacking-wise. now that rooney is playing number-10, what position are we? he played in the hole for most of last season, where did we finish? grin cheesy

* Nobody in the world knows RVP as a number 10. He is an hyena.

hyena that created more chances per minute than rooney - the best number 10 in the world in 2012/13 season?

* If Rooney had played against Madrid, we would have won. Because he always score against big teams in Europe. He has the best scoring record against big clubs in knockout games since the history of EPL.

what stüpid scoring record? it seems you have a problem with numbers. rooney has spent 11 seasons at man utd. in that time, this is the only season we aren't playing in europe. how many other strikers in the EPL have such numbers in europe? so why is it unusual for rooney to have the best scoring record given the number of times he's played in europe? grin

rooney has played 6,600 champions league minutes for united. i dare you to find any other premier league striker with such a high number in europe. if you cannot, please stop hyping wayne rooney. he's had the longest time as a united player during united's most successful era to beat any record he so wishes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
dopeJemi:

"LVG considers carrick at CB"

ah, we don die
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
Leyqute:

ah, we don die

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:06am On Sep 26, 2014
TOP 15PLAYERS IN THE EPL ACCORDING TO FIFA 15
1) Radamel Falcao, Manchester United, 88

2) Robin van Persie, Manchester United, 88

3) Eden Hazard, Chelsea, 88

4) David Silva, Manchester City, 87

5) Angel di Maria, Manchester United, 87,

6) Thibaut Courtois, Chelsea, 86

7) Sergio Aguero, Manchester City, 86

cool Mesut Ozil, Arsenal, 86

9) Wayne Rooney, Manchester United, 86

10) Yaya Toure, Manchester City, 86

11) Vincent Kompany, Manchester City, 86

12) Diego Costa, Chelsea, 85

13) Hugo Lloris, Tottenham Hotspur, 85

14) Juan Mata, Manchester United, 85

15) Petr Cech, Chelsea, 85
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:14am On Sep 26, 2014
Line up 4 2mao game..i expect Shaw to start at left back,Rafael at Right back..who will pair with Rojo at d hrt of our defence??

Blind,herrera,Dimaria,Falcao,Rooney n Mata 4 me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tonididdy(m): 8:31am On Sep 26, 2014
...the United Demolition SEASON1...coming soon to your screens oct26th

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 8:35am On Sep 26, 2014
Dj abeg begin carry out your speakers, e be like say party go shele for here tomorrow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:47am On Sep 26, 2014
tonididdy: ...the United Demolition SEASON1...coming soon to your screens oct26th
hopefully, they are coming to attack tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.