Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,083 members, 7,849,395 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:24 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8833499 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
Odunharry: Manchester United striker Robin van Persie wants to find a way to play effectively alongside both Wayne Rooney and Radamel Falcao. Falcao's deadline-day arrival on a
season-long loan from Monaco left
manager Louis van Gaal with an
embarrassment of riches in the final
third. While the Red Devils boss is yet to find the right mix between the trio - who all started Sunday's shock 5-3 loss to Leicester City - Van Persie insists that they can all play at the same time and work well. "We want to play together," he told
Fox Sports News. "We are constantly
talking to each other [on] how we ca
improve our game together because
everyone feels that [when] we are
together we are stronger. "It's quite interesting to see one of
those conversations because we all
have the target. We want to win
games. We want to share success. I
don't think we have a confidence
issue, if I'm really honest." Van Persie also reiterated his faith in
Van Gaal - despite United having wo
just one of their first six matches in all
competitions under the new boss thi
season. The pair worked together when Van
Gaal was in charge of Netherlands an
the striker is convinced that the 63-
year-old can handle the pressures th
come with the top job at Old Trafford. "I think his numbers speak for itself,"
the forward argued. "He has
succeeded everywhere he has
managed. Everyone believes in his
philosophy as well. "If you look at the players we have
now, the staff we have, the stadium,
the fans - if you add all those things
up, I'm very confident for the future.
If you ask me I will liken RVP and Rooney to Cat and Dog. Both should never be on the pitch at the same cos it's rather a harm to the squad than a gain.

What's the need when Rooney, playing behind RVP, makes a max of 2 passes to him for a whole 90mins since SAF left?. I've noticed Rooney makes more passes to Welbeck or Chicha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
chrisley024: If you ask me I will liken RVP and Rooney to Cat and Dog. Both should never be on the pitch at the same cos it's rather a harm to the squad than a gain.

What's the need when Rooney, playing behind RVP, makes a max of 2 passes to him for a whole 90mins since SAF left?. I've noticed Rooney makes more passes to Welbeck or Chicha.

rooney finds it difficult to make forward accurate passes. close to 60% of his passes this season have been backwards. grin

so what do you expect?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
Louis van Gaal has told MUTV that young defenders Paddy McNair and Tom Thorpe are both in the squad for tomorrow's game, with both hoping to make their first appearance for the Reds.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
chrisley024: If you ask me I will liken RVP and Rooney to Cat and Dog. Both should never be on the pitch at the same cos it's rather a harm to the squad than a gain.

i dey tell u....1 should be dropped and d Oda should start with Falcao..

Mata is our number 10 for now..

Do u guys notice Mata performs well when he start 4 us rather than been introduced as a Sub.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

rooney finds it difficult to make forward accurate passes. close to 60% of his passes this season have been backwards. grin

so what do you expect?
I've noticed he's better at long passes than common 4-6 yard passes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

so what do you expect?
i still dnt knw why they keep playing him in the number 10 role..

Chaii,i miss Kagawa....though he is nt strong bt his forward passes are awesome..

Moyes killed his career at United,i wonder why he always play him at left wing..No wonder Jorgen Klupp said he always get mad anytime he sees Kagawa play number 11
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
chrisley024: I've noticed he's better at long passes than common 4-6 yard passes.
i dey tell u...
Kagawa n Herrera are very good in one two passes.

Unfortunately,Kagawa is at Dortmund
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
chrisley024: I've noticed he's better at long passes than common 4-6 yard passes.

and that's why our forwards get isolated and it seems they are useless in a game. rooney is meant to be the bridge between the midfield & attack. how many times do you see david silva making 80 yard hollywood passes? a number 10 should be at the edge of the box & unlocking the defence with a brilliant through-pass.

Odunharry:
i still dnt knw why they keep playing him in the number 10 role..
Chaii,i miss Kagawa....though he is nt strong bt his forward passes are awesome..
Moyes killed his career at United,i wonder why he always play him at left wing..No wonder Jorgen Klupp said he always get mad anytime he sees Kagawa play number 11

football managers like moyes are daft!
they would rather sacrifice creativity for zombie players who are destructive. goals win games, a tight defence might not concede goals but playing goalless only attracts 1 point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
Odunharry: What do u guys think abt Miranda??

Who is Miranda? I only see Miranda in PES ML Default team.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
Leyqute:

Who is Miranda? I only see Miranda in PES ML Default team.

lol...Athletico Madrid CB Who pairs with Godin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

mata doesn't earn £300k/week. mata hasn't been overhyped. he's actually underrated. 8 league goals in his last 11 games is the sort of record rooney should have but for where?

if my great grandmother with one eye is put in rooney's position @ man utd for 11 seasons, she would have scored more goals against top teams.

rooney has played 3,000 more minutes than van persie. that's about 33 full matches & he has just 4 UCL goals to show for that huge difference. grin cheesy

rooney is a failure!

* Mata can only score against shyte teams.

* Remove the 3 (or more ) assists Rooney gave to RVP from Van Persie's goals.

Remove penalties.

How many UCL goals does RVP have left.

If Rooney had been used as an hyena for United instead of hunting, he would have 60 UCL goals now. He was made to play deep behind strikers since his arrival. Even in Madrid he played deep while RVP, Kagawa and Welbeck played forward. Rooney was marking Di Maria and CR7.

Nistelooy , Saha, Tevez, Berbatov, Chicha, Welbeck and RVP were our arrow heads. Yet Rooney has the record.

Rooney is king.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2014

Manchester United fans have been voting on the MEN website and the majority think Robin van Persie should be dropped from the team to play West Ham at Old Trafford on Saturday.

The 31-year-old striker hasn't found his best form so far this season - despite scoring his first goal against Leicester on Sunday.

MEN writer James Robson agrees with the fans that the Dutchman should miss out against West Ham this weekend. Play the video above to find out why
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-mens-james-robson-explains-7824912
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
No a ravenous beast, beasting over you since time immemorial!
Gasbag!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
elampiro:
Manchester United fans have been voting on the MEN website and the majority think Robin van Persie should be dropped from the team to play West Ham at Old Trafford on Saturday.

The 31-year-old striker hasn't found his best form so far this season - despite scoring his first goal against Leicester on Sunday.

MEN writer James Robson agrees with the fans that the Dutchman should miss out against West Ham this weekend. Play the video above to find out why
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-mens-james-robson-explains-7824912

I seriously think he should get the chop as well.

Coogs will come here and bore us with some lines about how it should be Rooney when it is clear that RVP has been hiding and has no fingers to pull out!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
elampiro:

in van gaal's shoes, i will put both van persie &/or rooney on the bench for the game against west ham.
a 4-3-3 will give us better balance as it stays now

Herrera-Blind-Fletcher
Januzaj-Falcao-di Maria upfront.

should Rooney be selected, he will take Fletcher's place
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
elampiro:
* Mata can only score against shyte teams.

rooney can't even score away from home. cheesy

* Remove the 3 (or more ) assists Rooney gave to RVP from Van Persie's goals.

so all the goals rooney have scored weren't assisted by another player? which kind sapele logic be this?

Remove penalties.

why aren't you removing penalties from rooney's european goals?

How many UCL goals does RVP have left.

he would still have more per minute than rooney.

If Rooney had been used as an hyena for United instead of hunting, he would have 60 UCL goals now. He was made to play deep behind strikers since his arrival. Even in Madrid he played deep while RVP, Kagawa and Welbeck played forward. Rooney was marking Di Maria and CR7.

rooney was a hyena from 09/10 till 11/12. rooney was the resident hyena in 05/06, 06/07 & 04/05. fergie rarely played 2 strikers in europe.

Nistelooy , Saha, Tevez, Berbatov, Chicha, Welbeck and RVP were our arrow heads. Yet Rooney has the record.

Rooney is king.

all those strikers you mentioned barely have 2,000 minutes in europe let alone 6,600 minutes. how many european minutes did chicha, saha, berbatov, welbeck, tevez play for united?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
* Chart 1 below- This was RVP vs Brazil in the world cup. All RVP's passes.

* Chart two is how RVP has declined in takes on.

Courtesy: Sqwuaka.

Sqwuaka:
If he was scoring regularly, that wouldn’t necessarily be a problem, but his conversion rate of 12.5% this season is well below the level of the last two campaigns – 26.1% in 2013/14 and 22% in 2012/13.

The striker is far from finished, but his rate of successful take-ons has declined alarmingly during his time at United, showing that he is primarily a predator nowadays.

Radamel Falcao is an exciting addition and one of the leading forwards in world football, while Wayne Rooney is the new United captain. They are compelling arguments for their inclusion in the team at present, and it’s hard to make a case for Van Persie to play ahead of either of them at the moment.

Dropping Van Persie would also allow Van Gaal to restore Juan Mata to the team. The Spain international hasn’t quite lived up to expectations since joining from Chelsea for £37 million in January, but he’s still scored eight goals in his last 11 league games while playing in a disjointed team.

Mata was somewhat harshly left out of the starting line-up against Leicester, but if United continue to use the 4-4-2 diamond system of recent weeks, he is the most natural fit for the role at the tip. He’s an excellent creator, and having two strikers ahead of him will give him a range of passing options.

When fully fit and on top of his game, Van Persie remains one of the most dangerous strikers around. Even when he doesn’t contribute much to his side’s overall game, his goalscoring ability can make the difference, as proven at the World Cup.

At United though, Louis van Gaal has two alternatives who currently offer a greater all-around threat, which is why he should make way for the time being.

http://www.squawka.com/news/why-robin-van-persie-should-miss-out-from-man-utds-overcrowded-attack/185339

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:32pm On Sep 26, 2014

* Chart 1 below- This was RVP vs Brazil in the world cup. All RVP's passes.

* Chart two is how RVP has declined in takes on.

you & the person that wrote that blog are both soccer illiterates. grin grin is that how to plot statistics? using absolute values instead of the 90 metrics? can you not see the number of minutes is different for all the 3 seasons?

elampawa, give up!!! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
Video: Van Persie is the weak link

21/09/14 10:45am

Neil Custis believes Robin van Persie is the weak link in the Manchester United front line and claims he should be dropped.
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9481809/van-persie-is-the-weak-link
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
Robin van Persie's decline could be good for Manchester United

by Daniel Feliciano 2d ago 

After sealing a £24M move from Arsenal to Manchester United in the summer of 2012 some fans were sceptical that we didn’t need Robin van Persie.

49 goals in 80 games later, that doubt has been well and truly put to bed with the club winning the Premier League title in his first season at the club by an impressive 11 point margin. However, with a poor season last year which saw his injury problems return is van Persie about to enter his decline?

Van Persie started the World Cup in bright fashion scoring three goals in the opening two games, but soon after began to falter once again. More injury concerns and a lack of mobility saw his performances drop off, but Van Gaal persisted with his captain in the side. Van Persie would go on to score a penalty in the third place play-off, but his overall performance at the tournament was poor.
http://reddevilarmada.com/2014/09/24/robin-van-persies-decline-good-manchester-united/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
Some guys finished RVP on twitter. He's been find out to be an absolute hyena.

He better sit up now or Gaal will demote him to the reserve team. U-18 sef. Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1736682_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

elampawa, that's the true statistical evidence. it turns out van persie actually had more take-ons last season than his debut season.

so where's the decline? cheesy

see how i used per 90 mins metric instead of total take-ons when the number of minutes are way different.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

you & the person that wrote that blog are both soccer illiterates. grin grin is that how to plot statistics? using absolute values instead of the 90 metrics? can you not see the number of minutes is different for all the 3 seasons?

elampawa, give up!!! cheesy

You are getting poorer with figures and stat analysis. What is happening to you?

That stuff is in %. Percentage of successful takes on over a period- whether in a match, or 10 matches or a season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
RVP is finished.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
elampiro:
You are getting poorer with figures and stat analysis. What is happening to you?

That stuff is in %. Percentage of successful takes on over a period- whether in a match, or 10 matches or a season.

ohhhhhh, i see....
however, why is van persie being judged with the number of take-ons. last time i checked, he's a centre foward - create the chances & he will finish it off. this is a useless statistic as far as am i concerned, we can as well start rating de gea on his number of assists. grin

now go back to that site you clawed this from & show them this. rooney is a number-10 and key passes are a vital ingredient to anyone playing in the hole. so is rooney improving or deteriorating? cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1736743_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

i rest my case. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
elampiro: RVP is finished.

see your rooney....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1736782_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

rooney was more useful when his weekly wage was £250k/week. he's been declining every season since 12/13. look at the stats for feck sake.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
Na real wa for this una "elemi lo ma last" arguments cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

see your rooney....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1736782_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

rooney was more useful when his weekly wage was £250k/week. he's been declining every season since 12/13. look at the stats for feck sake.....

* I thought the argument was on take on? Now you have pulled out so many parameters.

* Dribbles: Rooney 2014/15 =1.4 per game, 2013/14= 1.4, 2012/13= 1.4

* Can we see for RVP in all the parameters you listed for Rooney?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
elampiro:
I thought the argument was on take on? Now you have pulled out so many parameters.

nah, the argument is who has deteriorated amongst the 2 players.

* Dribbles: Rooney 2014/15 =1.4 per game, 2013/14= 1.4, 2012/13= 1.4

* Can we see for RVP in all the parameters you listed for Rooney?

so you agree rooney is finished? before we proceed to RVP, do you agree rooney is uber-worthless to man utd and he deserves to be sold to 3SC?? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
from match-day to match day, same argument shocked
and e go still continue after tomorrow, i fit bet my container grin grin grin

where does it end? undecided undecided undecided story for the gods wink

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
SailorXY: from match-day to match day, same argument shocked
and e go still continue after tomorrow, i fit bet my container grin grin grin

where does it end? undecided undecided undecided story for the gods wink

make una no vex......
somebody tried to play with numbers to discredit RVP that he's finished. rooney isn't even 29 yet & he continues to deteriorate every season since fergie left.

RVP was the same age as rooney when he won the player of the season. RVP was a year older than the present rooney when he won the league's golden boot. how come a young rooney is found wanting when his age-mates are tearing their respective leagues apart?

don't despair - there shall be no more rooney argument after midnight from me. grin cheesy the next issue for me is jones vs rojo. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
So Coogar why did you delete these parts from Rooney's stat?

Current season
Rooney's interception. 1.2
Pass accuracy 82.5%
Dispossed 1.6

2013/14 season
Interception 1.1
Pass accuracy 80.1%
Dispossed 2.3

2012/13 season
Interception 0.5
Pass accuracy 82.9%
Disposesses 0.9

(1) (2) (3) ... (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.