Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,178 members, 7,864,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:14 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8875523 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10510) (10511) (10512) (10513) (10514) (10515) (10516) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2021
Now, I'm more concerned about Martial than before. Mhen, is it that he's not resume yet or what??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bombblacks:

They generate all the revenue. Without fans that's zero revenue. If they generate all the revenue, what's their worth?

They don’t even generate all the revenue. You are mistaken if you think that way. 70% of the fans at Old Trafford are mere tourists. The average fan has been priced out with the increase in match tickets over the years.

This is why all the planned anti-Glazer boycotts don’t work. Arsenal fans also planned plenty WengerOut boycotts that never worked.

There’s also a section of people who come to the stadium just to watch their favorite players. If the said player moves to another club, they would dump Old Trafford and pay tickets to watch the player in another club.

patrickmuf:
This season no go easy...See men from both camps fully on ground waiting for the start of the season...

I remain a member of the Ole out brigade and I'll stand by my members to drag Ole if he continues his choke job...

Scenes when Ole is languishing in 9th position by Christmas. grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
Sniper4real:

At of all the 9. Na we sell 95% to them. Them too stingy to sell to us
Technically <= 77.77% sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
Illimitable:

They don’t even generate all the revenue. You are mistaken if you think that way. 70% of the fans at Old Trafford are mere tourists. The average fan has been priced out with the increase in match tickets over the years.

This is why all the planned anti-Glazer boycotts don’t work. Arsenal fans also planned plenty WengerOut boycotts that never worked.

There’s also a section of people who come to the stadium just to watch their favorite players. If the said player moves to another club, they would dump Old Trafford and pay tickets to watch the player in another club.

Scenes when Ole is languishing in 9th position by Christmas. grin cheesy
As long as they are watching on tv and are in the stadium they are spectators (fans). So that means they generate all the revenue. If they generate all the revenue, what are the fans worth?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
Scenes when ole is in 1-2 position come Christmas, oh I forgot the dummy wlll have disappeared into the dark. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bombblacks:

As long as they are watching on tv and are in the stadium they are spectators (fans). So that means they generate all the revenue. If they generate all the revenue, what are the fans worth?

If that’s your definition of football fans then I am sorry for you. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bombblacks:

You are going to far sef, let there be a massive drop in the These clubs followers on social media, then see how their various stocks will nosedive.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bombblacks:

They generate all the revenue. Without fans that's zero revenue. If they generate all the revenue, what's their worth?

Utd is a global brand. No one cares about some stadium fans that feel entitled. The pandemic showed the world that sports can survive without fans physically present.

Moreso, if there is a boycott by Utd fans, others will watch. Don’t forget that the teams you are playing against have their fans too. The business model will quickly change to capture the impact of boycotts by utd fans.

Finally, companies signing contracts with Utd are trying to get the world to see their products. They want to be a global brand, they want football fans (in general) to know their brands.

You guys are nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Illimitable:

If that’s your definition of football fans then I am sorry for you. grin
What do you think I was referring to when I said fans?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bombblacks:

They don’t generate all the revenue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bombblacks:

If they generate all the revenue and they are as super important as you put it, why haven’t they been successful to remove the Glazers since 2005? grin

If they decide to turn Old Trafford to a viewing centre or a National museum and disband the team, there’s nothing you can do. grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2021
nitrogen:

Utd is a global brand. No one cares about some stadium fans that feel entitled. The pandemic showed the world that sports can survive without fans physically present.

Moreso, if there is a boycott by Utd fans, others will watch. Don’t forget that the teams you are playing against have their fans too. The business model will quickly change to capture the impact of boycotts by utd fans.

Finally, companies signing contracts with Utd are trying to get the world to see their products. They want to be a global brand, they want football fans (in general) to know their brands.

You guys are nothing!
Where in my post did I mention stadium fans alone?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2021
nitrogen:

They don’t generate all the revenue.
Who generates the revenues?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bombblacks:

What do you think I was referring to when I said fans?

The true fans who felt super entitled and had the audacity to disrupt a PL game - that’s the people you were referring to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
KingAlabi:

You are going to far sef, let there be a massive drop in the These clubs followers on social media, then see how their various stocks will nosedive.

You have come o, Alabi. So, if man Utd’s Twitter account gets deleted today, the share price will drop.

Nawa o.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
Is this even a discussion sef, don't you know there is power in numbers?

Na wa Sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
nitrogen:

You guys are nothing!

God bless you. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
Illimitable:

If they generate all the revenue and they are as super important as you put it, why haven’t they been successful to remove the Glazers since 2005? grin

If they decide to turn Old Trafford to a viewing centre or a National museum and disband the team, there’s nothing you can do. grin cheesy
That's not an answer. I ask again If they generate all the revenue, what's their worth in football pyramid?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bombblacks:

Who generates the revenues?

Football players, fans of other clubs and man utd fans.

If you take out Utd’s fans, the club will still generate revenue and cashflow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2021
nitrogen:

You have come o, Alabi. So, if man Utd’s Twitter account gets deleted today, the share price will drop.

Nawa o.
Oga you said deleted, I said massive unfollowing and united stocks will drop. Them no suppose dey tell you this thing na sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2021
nitrogen:

Nawa o.

Perhaps the club didn’t exist at all before Twitter.

You read some takes here and you automatically facepalm at the sheer display of low level IQ. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2021
Illimitable:

The true fans who felt super entitled and had the audacity to disrupt a PL game - that’s the people you were referring to.
I didn't tell you anything of true fans. I made it clear in the beginning fans(spectators) watching in the stadium and on tv plus buying the club merchandise. Without those people what is football?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bombblacks:

That's not an answer. I ask again If they generate all the revenue, what's their worth in football pyramid?

“If they” - hypothetical statement.

I have just told you they don’t generate all the revenue. There’s no point projecting on what is not happening.

If my aunt had testicles, she would be my uncle.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
nitrogen:

Football players, fans of other clubs and man utd fans.

If you take out Utd’s fans, the club will still generate revenue and cashflow.
So when I said fans did I tell you only United fans or I said fans in general?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by invinzible1: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
Illimitable:

Ronaldo
Heinze
Di Maria
Hernandez(Chicharito)
Owen
Beckham

grin My brain has frozen.
Niselrooy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
The only thing is that it will be hard for fans to unlike a football club no matter what, that's the leverage.
If football clubs were like brands where we can change to a better one easily without blinking twice, we won't even be having this conversation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bombblacks:

I didn't tell you anything of true fans. I made it clear in the beginning fans(spectators) watching in the stadium and on tv plus buying the club merchandise. Without those people what is football?

There was football before TV and club merchandise. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
KingAlabi:
Is this even a discussion sef, don't you know there is power in numbers?

Na wa Sha.

Admit that your comment no make sense. Man Utd joined Facebook in 2010 and Twitter in 2013. Infact, Man Utd was the last EPL club to join Twitter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
invinzible1:

Niselrooy

And he is my favorite United striker of all time.

My brain froze for few minutes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
Illimitable:

“If they” - hypothetical statement.

I have just told you they don’t generate all the revenue. There’s no point projecting on what is not happening.

If my aunt had testicles, she would be my uncle.
So who generates the rest revenue? Fans and spectators generate all the revenues. Who else generates the revenue?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
You are saying stadium ticket revenue is nothing because united is already a global brand, tell that to the Burton and kiddministers of the football world.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10510) (10511) (10512) (10513) (10514) (10515) (10516) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.