Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:44 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1056) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8834360 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:42am On Sep 27, 2014
[b]According to a report by La Neuva
Espana, the Spanish giants received a
combined €140 million, with the
Bavarians accrued just €36.93m
during their title triumph Barcelona and Real Madrid earned almost four times as much money fro
television rights as Bayern Munich las season. According to a special report carried
out by La Nueva Espana, the Clasico
duo both received €140 million for
coverage of their games during the
2013-14 campaign, while the
Bavarians accrued €36.93m during their title triumph. Barca and Madrid earn more from the
sale of TV rights than any other side i
Europe as there is no collective
agreement in place in La Liga, meanin
Spain's two biggest clubs are free to
negotiate their own deals. Consequently, while the Primera
Division brings in €755m in TV deals,
the Clasico pair account for
approximately 34% of that figure.
Interestingly, Valencia (€48m)
received more money than Atletico Madrid (€42m), who won La Liga last season.
The Premier League remains the
biggest draw in world football, as
underlined by the fact that its lowest
earners in 2013-14, relegated Cardiff City, collected €74.5m, which is just under €30m more than Ligue 1 winners Paris Saint-Germain
(€44.69m). In total, England's top flight clubs
raked in €1.875 billion last year, with Liverpool earning the most money, with €117.05m, just ahead of champions Manchester City (€115.89 The Premier League brought in over €1bn more than its closest rival, Serie A, which, despite its perceived
financial problems, still generated
€846.1m in TV deals. Unsurprisingly,
Juventus were the highest-earners, with €94m, with Inter second on
€80.4m and city rivals AC Milan third,
on €77.9m.[/b]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:43am On Sep 27, 2014
Odunharry: Coogar na u Shirley07 waka find come here

at all o!
she's elampiro's 2nd wife. she came to remind her husband that it's time to commence their mating session.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 12:46am On Sep 27, 2014
Dadehmola:

That's what happens when a so-called trequartista can't hold on to the ball & draw fouls from the opposing team in dangerous areas of the pitch.

IMO, dude is just an inzaghi-esque version of kagawa - he has offered zilch in terms of playmaking so far.

Mata hasn't convinced me he is the ideal "hole man" we need.

It's very sad...
Mata is basically a second striker.
Personally, I think Kagawa is the better player. In Kagawa's worst season which was last season, he had games where he was the brain behind every move made by the team. For example the Bayern game, where he controlled the tempo and was arguably the best player on the pitch, the Newcastle game where he was knitting play together in midfield, the Swansea game where he took control of the game after swapping with Januzaj into his favoured position, the Aston Villa game, where he was the best on pitch... I can go on and on.
Unfortunately, he wasn't given a consistent run in the team and was even benched after a good game. I can't believe he only had 14 starts in the league last season!
As for Mata, I've never seen him take control and dictate the tempo of a match the way Kagawa and D. Silva do. All what Mata is concerned about is padding up his stats, same as Rooney. That's why I'm suprised to see Coogar and elampairo wasting their time defending them. Apart from Rooney being physically stronger than Mata and Mata being technically superior, both are the same type of player i.e second strikers/final third players.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:47am On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

at all o!
she's elampiro's 2nd wife. she came to remind her husband that it's time to commence their mating session.
lol..wheres dayo?

Evn relegated Cardiff earned times 2 of what bayern earned from tv right last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 12:54am On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

at all o!
At all = Yes. Fvcking Ruminant.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:12am On Sep 27, 2014
Shirley07:
At all = Yes. Fvcking Ruminant.

oooopssss......Ogbunigwe 98 cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:47am On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

liar!!!
rooney didn't score a goal from open play that season until the new year. fire wetin immediately? was that not the season berbatov won the golden boot & rooney was reduced to a passenger?

RVP had no preseason.
rooney has played 5-6 more games than RVP, he should be in a better shape than RVP by logic.....

rooney is just a cow.....no common sense, lacks fitness & he's just shyte to the red shirt. sterling & sturridge are about kicking him out of the england team. grin cheesy

This is a mistake you always make. You always think when someone scores he has played well, again you think when someone doesnt score he hasnt played well. This is why you think Mata has been playing well. In 2010, Rooney started playing well immeditely and helping us to win games when he returned. We then went straight to the top of the table within a few matches.

Another msiatke you make in your arguments is that you don't put into consideration the zone someone played before you compare stats.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:59am On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

see your rooney....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1736782_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

rooney was more useful when his weekly wage was £250k/week. he's been declining every season since 12/13. look at the stats for feck sake.....

Example 1.

- 2012/13 Rooney played in the attacking midfield, central midfield and wing. Did not at all play the number 9

-2013/14, Rooney played more in the attacking midfield. A few games in the central midfield and a few in the number 9.

-2014/15 Rooney played in the striking position in 4 matches. AM 1 match, central midfield nil. wing nil.

So, tell me how you intend Rooney to have more forward passes, more tackles, etc this season than the previous seasons?

* So, this chart is 100% wrong. Meawhile, RVP has been playing only number 9. So it's RVP who has actually regressed since 2012/13.
* Despite playing as co strikers, Rooney does everything better than RVP. Touches and passes times two more than RVP. Rooney dribbles more, he assists more. He even has scored more. He intercepts more, tackles more. RVP is only slightly ahead on are dues.
* You alsmo madde the mistake of comparing Mata and Rooney figues whereas Mata has never played the number 9 this season.

RVP should be benched. Rooney is actually playing better this season than last season, or even 2012/13.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:00am On Sep 27, 2014
My line up:

.............................DDG...........................

Rafael...Thorpe/Paddy....Rojo...Shaw

......Herrera......Blind.....Fellaini.........

......Di Maria.......Falcao......Rooney.....

I'd go with 4-3-3; 2 holding midfielders/DM of Blind and Fellaini. Fellaini will give us some steel and help against aerial ball. smiley

Di maria and Rooney should use also their workrate to offer some protection to our fullbacks when we're defending.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:12am On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

any player can score a goal on the pitch. there's no contradiction here.
RVP is a finisher, he waits for the service. it's not possible for him to touch the ball more than rooney who goes searching for the ball in low pressure zones where opponents are not interested in marking. RVP cannot dwell one second on the ball where he's stationed as he's in a high pressure zone. in spite of that, he still boasts a better passing accuracy than rooney who drops deep beyond the centre circle to start playing useless hollywood passes to the flanks like scholes.

so why is rooney in the team? number of touches mean squat when rooney plays majority of those passes backwards anyways. it's not about how many times the ball is touched, it's about what you do with the ball. even with the frequency of rooney's touches, he loses the ball more than the others. so what's the point? RVP is better than rooney if he's played in the hole and statistics have just revealed another vital information that i have been missing since june. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1737003_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

walahi, rooney should commit suicide. grin

Example 2 of your mistakes.

Rooney = Striker in 4 matches. Only an AM in 1 match.
Mata = An AM in all the matches.

* A midfeilder is actually expected to have more successful passes. For that fact that Mata (an AM)
can only make 8 more successful passes than Rooney (a striker) in a match is a shame to Mata. Rooney

Rooney in the hole= Rooney made 56 successful passes vs Leicester. Mata's average is just 48. Shame to Mata.
Rooney made two key passes. Mata makes just 1 per game.
Rooney have defensive stats from the hole, Mata weak,

I can go all and all. Pls always compare position to position.
Mata is doing nowhere near what Rooney did in Man United when he played in the hole last season and two seasons ago.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:16am On Sep 27, 2014
Good morning guys....

Elampiro n Coogar don start again..i thought u guys are fasting and praying today 4 United..

If anytn happen na una 2 i go hold o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:19am On Sep 27, 2014
Between 2012/13 and now, Rooney has not regressed as a striker, neither has he regressed as an attacking midfieder when position played are taken into consideration when comparing. Likes for likes. He is actually playing better this season.

It's RVP who has regressed in his number 9 position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:24am On Sep 27, 2014
[b]Van Persie described the hour-long meeting on Monday morning as "confrontational" with players
pointing the finger of blame at team-
mates for shirking responsibilities and a few home truths being rammed home.
The after-shocks of Manchester United's alarming collapse - they conceded four goals in a shambolic 21 minutes to lose 5-3 after being 3-1 up - have rumbled on all week. It was the first time in 34 years United
had lost a game after being two goals ahead and Van Persie admitted the team meeting at the club's Carrington training ground the next day was not for the faint-hearted.
"It shouldn't be possible to lose like
that but it happened and we had to
deal with it. And that is what we did
the next day. We had a proper look at it," he said. "It was a confrontational meeting but
it was a very good meeting where
everyone spoke up and showed their feelings. It was a long meeting, one hour or something. "I can't really remember a game as
weird as that. For the first hour we
were in control, we were 3-1 up and
we even had a chance to make it 4-1. And then suddenly, 25 minutes later, we were losing the game 5-3. "We spoke about it. It is the right way forward, to speak not only about the good things you do but especially about things where you can improve.
And that is what we did."[/b]

i swear if dy fk up i today i trust coogar,sailorxy,elampiro,starboard,chrisley024 and d rest united fan to storm Carrington nxt week
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 8:34am On Sep 27, 2014
Where is Coogar?

I am about to do my weekend accumulator..... I fancy West Ham scoring against United, do you think i'd be in the money?!

Both teams to score and West Ham to win maybe?! tongue

By the way, Wayne is my FPL captain for the week......... wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:56am On Sep 27, 2014
It's a must win for us today. They just have to win, whichever way they can get it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:19am On Sep 27, 2014
Manchester United fitness coach Tony Strudwick taken off first team duties after Louis van Gaal brings in Jos van Dijk

*Tony Strudwick has been at Manchester United since joining the club from Blackburn Rovers in 2007.

*The long-serving fitness coach has been replaced by Jos van Dijk.

*Strudwick has been told to work with Manchester United's youth players.

Intrigue over Manchester United’s poor injury record this season deepened on Friday night when it emerged that their respected and long-serving fitness coach Tony Strudwick is no longer involved in key first team duties.

United manager Louis van Gaal revealed on Friday that he has nine players missing injured ahead of Saturday's visit of West Ham United in the Barclays Premier League. Van Gaal has described the crisis as the worst he has ever known.

Now it has emerged that first team fitness expert Strudwick has been moved from his usual role to a job looking after the physical development of the club’s younger players. It is understood that Van Gaal’s long serving fitness guru Jos van Dijk is now in control of fitness planning and programming for the club’s elite stars.
Full story:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2771489/Manchester-United-fitness-coach-Tony-Strudwick-taken-team-duties.html
Let's try another man. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:30am On Sep 27, 2014
chrisley024: My line up:

.............................DDG...........................

Rafael...Thorpe/Paddy....Rojo...Shaw

......Herrera......Blind.....Fellaini.........

......Di Maria.......Falcao......Rooney.....

I'd go with 4-3-3; 2 holding midfielders/DM of Blind and Fellaini. Fellaini will give us some steel and help against aerial ball. smiley

Di maria and Rooney should use also their workrate to offer some protection to our fullbacks when we're defending.
Fellaini is not ready yet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:52am On Sep 27, 2014
SailorXY:
Fellaini is not ready yet
He said he is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 27, 2014
Why I like this argument ---- They don't insult themselves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:22am On Sep 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1: Where is Coogar?

I am about to do my weekend accumulator..... I fancy West Ham scoring against United, do you think i'd be in the money?!

Both teams to score and West Ham to win maybe?! tongue

By the way, Wayne is my FPL captain for the week......... wink

i don't make predictions until i see the line-up. rooney as your FPL captain?? are you kidding? grin cheesy i would rather use welbeck.....

Odunharry: Good morning guys....
Elampiro n Coogar don start again..i thought u guys are fasting and praying today 4 United..
If anytn happen na una 2 i go hold o

i am a man of me words...
the rooney argument is done & dusted for me. i have proven everything there is to prove. the next comparison is shaw vs rojo, rojo vs jones, blackett vs evans and finally, elfenomeno1 vs nihilist. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2014
Their season starts today, as usual.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:34am On Sep 27, 2014
Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs flying down the wings...
di Maria, di Maria flying down the wings...
Januzaj, Januzaj flying down the wings...
Glory... Glory Man United...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2014
SailorXY: Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs flying down the wings...
di Maria, di Maria flying down the wings...
Januzaj, Januzaj flying down the wings...
Glory... Glory Man United...

januzaj won't make it at man utd....
he would end up like macheda, guisseppe rossi, febian brandy, petrucci, etc.

he has regressed badly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

i don't make predictions until i see the line-up. rooney as your FPL captain?? are you kidding? grin cheesy i would rather use welbeck.....

Kidding RE: Rooney.... Going Di Maria this game week.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:57am On Sep 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Kidding RE: Rooney.... Going Di Maria this game week.

the wrong choice still......
there's a certain beast that wears number-19 at chelsea. captain him! he's the man in form for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:01am On Sep 27, 2014
Whenever I log in and see a new 5-7 pages of comments, I know it can't but be Coogar vs Elampiro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ReLaTE(m): 11:27am On Sep 27, 2014
montelik: Whenever I log in and see a new 5-7 pages of comments, I know it can't but be Coogar vs Elampiro.
really, its getting out of hand.I dnt knw why both cnt agree on one thing for once.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2014
They just keep arguing and arguing with no facts that has one head. Its starting to bore everyone out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:33am On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

the wrong choice still......
there's a certain beast that wears number-19 at chelsea. captain him! he's the man in form for now.

I feel Costa is going to blank this week. I have a funny feeling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:48am On Sep 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
I feel Costa is going to blank this week. I have a funny feeling.

you may be right.....
it's a big gamble though. if you are right, you get the differentials, but if you are wrong & he gets a hatrick, you would be 300 steps backwards.

look at it tho...
they play villa who they have beaten 7-0, 8-0, and other ridiculous cricket scores in the past. chelsea are at home in their comfort zone. the likelihood of him not scoring is thinner than the skin of my teeth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Brisingr(m): 11:49am On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

he has regressed badly.
how has he regressed ?
because he was abit selfish in a few games ? This isn't unusual for a player his age
I don't rate him that much but i think he'll do better than those guys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

he has regressed badly.
what do you mean by regress?
play him in CM & saying he's regressed? even van Gaal won't dare think in such line.
he had a back injury carrying Man United alone last season, flying down the wings! and some month's later he won't make it? please!

play 4-3-3 with Januzaj & di Maria either side of Falcao, and come back here let's analyze his impact after just 3 games

(1) (2) (3) ... (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.