Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11020) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8721576 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11017) (11018) (11019) (11020) (11021) (11022) (11023) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:03am On Oct 17, 2021
Ole himself know say him no get pattern and that he was severely outplayed yesterday but what most coaches do is to have an alternate plan B is such a case, even if it's only that match. You've C Ronaldo who is actually very good in the air and good positionally in the box, you also have rashford who is deadly around the box. The major thing to do is to tell Bruno and Pogba to spam in crosses into the box for at least a C Ronaldo and rashford.

How he fails even in this C Ronaldo factor is really surprising sha. One of the worst games I've seen under Ole, and ystdy match will further convince him on Mcfred more grin grin

Anyways, long live Ole at Man u grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:22am On Oct 17, 2021
I no understand why we have to be starting Ronaldo every match sha, he is 36, can't he be rested, I mean, he should be rested most of the time.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:25am On Oct 17, 2021
afrodoc2:

Who selected the manager?

If there are 3 problems at Manchester United then they are

1) Amaka

2) Woodward

3) Glazer family
He blamed Ole partly for our loss and others for the midfield combination hence my reply.

We all know those who have the powers to fire Ole, no argument there...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 10:29am On Oct 17, 2021
One of these days, ED is gonna have to explain how he spent £130m on Maguire and AWB combined because I don't understand how those two cost that much..

Maguire will keep a straight face walking towards a set piece only to nod the ball into oblivion..AWB will always labor to get into a good position but will cross sh!t only to shift him lips go one side like say him wn chop housefly wey petch am for face..

Ole or not, Maguire and AWB, undecided phew undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:31am On Oct 17, 2021
melodyogonna:
I no understand why we have to be starting Ronaldo every match sha, he is 36, can't he be rested, I mean, he should be rested most of the time.
Shey na Only 1 halftime rest ole rest Ororo against Everton, Grandpa Ferguson dey yarn say why dem go rest best player Ronaldo.

That's what you get when you have someone like Ronaldo and messi in a team, and you as the coach don't have pedigree like klopp or pep. You can't rest such a player without differing opinions and criticism from different sides and angles

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:33am On Oct 17, 2021
If it was down to you to appoint the next manager, who would it be?

Some of the options in Erik ten Hag, Conte, Zidane etc...

I will go with Erik ten Hag because I love the way his Ajax team plays even though I have doubts about his ability to manage the egos in our dressing room (Zidane comes tops if this factor is considered)...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:39am On Oct 17, 2021
melodyogonna:
What do you hope to get if he doesn't start?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:41am On Oct 17, 2021
patrickmuf:

I will go with Erik ten Hag because I love the way his Ajax team plays even though I have doubts about his ability to manage the egos in our dressing room (Zidane comes tops if this factor is considered)...
Anyone that will make these players play ghen ghen football abeg. I'm tired of this slow football

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2021
patrickmuf:
If you were close to me, I am certain you'd be bleeding because I for knack you 2 x 2 plank...

The midfield combination that you are suggesting as part of the problem, who selected the players? Is it not the same Ole?

When last did you hear Chelsea fans talking about Rudiger's timberland shoes? Tuchel happened...

Rudiger, Alonso, Azpi and even Kepa have looked entirely different from the players we saw under Lampard...A bad coach will have you questioning seasoned professionals...

We have 3 problems at Manchester United;

1. Ole

2. Ole

3. Ole...

#SackTheBasterd

E say e for knack am plank grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:44am On Oct 17, 2021
CrystalTiger:
One of these days, ED is gonna have to explain how he spent £130m on Maguire and AWB combined because I don't understand how those two cost that much..

Maguire will keep a straight face walking towards a set piece only to nod the ball into oblivion..AWB will always labor to get into a good position but will cross sh!t only to shift him lips go one side like say him wn chop housefly wey petch am for face..

Ole or not, Maguire and AWB, undecided phew undecided
I watched the replay of Patson Daka's goal and shook my head...Maguire watched Daka make Arun behind him to score...I know Bailly has his demons but I have seen Bailly drop such disastrous performance before...Most annoying is that Ole admitted that Maguire had not trained enough...

As for AWB, the less said the better.

In fact, I don't want to analyze the players anymore, my focus is on Ole...If we improve in defense, we will start having problems scoring...We almost never fire on all cylinders no thanks to our lack of a recognizable pattern of play.

Vardy, Iheanacho and Maddison caused us serious problems you'd be forgiven for thinking they're the much talked about PSG front 3...In our attack, we had Sancho, Ronaldo and Greenwood supported by Bruno yet Evans didn't break a sweat...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:45am On Oct 17, 2021
Jodera:
Ole himself know say him no get pattern and that he was severely outplayed yesterday but what most coaches do is to have an alternate plan B is such a case, even if it's only that match. You've C Ronaldo who is actually very good in the air and good positionally in the box, you also have rashford who is deadly around the box. The major thing to do is to tell Bruno and Pogba to spam in crosses into the box for at least a C Ronaldo and rashford.

How he fails even in this C Ronaldo factor is really surprising sha. One of the worst games I've seen under Ole, and ystdy match will further convince him on Mcfred more grin grin

I was about to order a ice cold bottle of your favourite drink, until i saw the bolded angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:45am On Oct 17, 2021
Jodera:

Na you bin dey give Brig. Gen Alabi-Isama and him boys level last season, now you wan follow sheyeye them grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:48am On Oct 17, 2021
eph12:

Anyone that will make these players play ghen ghen football abeg. I'm tired of this slow football
I have been talking about our slow build play and lack of press for ages now...You watch Man City, Liverpool, Bayern and all the other top teams and you see urgency in their play but when you watch Manchester United, you begin to wonder why we play with no urgency...

Yesterday, Liverpool went away and made Watford players look like amateurs. The same Watford will face us in the coming weeks and will most like scare the shit out of us...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:50am On Oct 17, 2021
TrebleChamp:
I was about to order a ice cold bottle of your favourite drink, until i saw the bolded angry
grin grin grin.
Today na Sunday, in the spirit of Sundayship, just forgive me and order am abeg grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:51am On Oct 17, 2021
Arteta is shit, Arsenal lost 3 straight games at the beginning of the season but if result go their way tomorrow, they'll be a point behind us...

Abeg Molde should come and carry Ole...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2021
KingTom:

Na you bin dey give Brig. Gen Alabi-Isama and him boys level last season, now you wan follow sheyeye them grin grin
Lol... My point was clear na. I said, last season was the season in which Ole has to win a trophy as his rebuilding quote ought to be ready by last season.

Last season he was doing well in league(between 1st and 2nd) before eventually finishing 2nd while still in Europa league. Even tho most performances last season was subpar, I said he should be given till the end of the season to judge, if he doesn't carry the league or win Europa(and make top 3) he should be sacked immediately. That has been my point against most guys opinion that he should be sacked immediately cos he lost against Sheffield united or failing to qualify from group stage in cl.

If you notice, immediately he lost against Villarreal, I said he should be sacked and I never in any way supported him in anything. I still said anybody that supported him after that disasterclass in uel final get mind cos him no deserve man u at all grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:11am On Oct 17, 2021
Jodera:
grin grin grin.
Today na Sunday, in the spirit of Sundayship, just forgive me and order am abeg grin
Because na you, oya enter any joint for your hood and collect in my name grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 11:11am On Oct 17, 2021
patrickmuf:
I watched the replay of Patson Daka's goal and shook my head...Maguire watched Daka make Arun behind him to score...I know Bailly has his demons but I have seen Bailly drop such disastrous performance before...Most annoying is that Ole admitted that Maguire had not trained enough...

In fact, I don't want to analyze the players anymore, my focus is on Ole...If we improve in defense, we will start having problems scoring...We almost never fire on all cylinders no thanks to our lack of a recognizable pattern of play.

Vardy, Iheanacho and Maddison caused us serious problems you'd be forgiven for thinking they're the much talked about PSG front 3...In our attack, we had Sancho, Ronaldo and Greenwood supported by Bruno yet Evans didn't break a sweat...

The way wey Iheanacho dey take shine with Maguire ehh..I thought they hired a set piece coach earlier on though..I might be wrong sha..

If I'm not, I havent seen his handiwork..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 11:15am On Oct 17, 2021
patrickmuf:
Arteta is shit, Arsenal lost 3 straight games at the beginning of the season but if result go their way tomorrow, they'll be a point behind us...

I had to google the league table to see for myself undecided undecided..

Lord have mercy..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... My point was clear na. I said, last season was the season in which Ole has to win a trophy as his rebuilding quote ought to be ready by last season.

Last season he was doing well in league(between 1st and 2nd) before eventually finishing 2nd while still in Europa league. Even tho most performances last season was subpar, I said he should be given till the end of the season to judge, if he doesn't carry the league or win Europa(and make top 3) he should be sacked immediately. That has been my point against most guys opinion that he should be sacked immediately cos he lost against Sheffield united or failing to qualify from group stage in cl.

If you notice, immediately he lost against Villarreal, I said he should be sacked and I never in any way supported him in anything. I still said anybody that supported him after that disasterclass in uel final get mind cos him no deserve man u at all grin
That Villareal day, he Carry all him followers handicap grin funny enough some still dey support am grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Because na you, oya enter any joint for your hood and collect in my name grin
Correct brother grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2021
diggz:
Leyqute legbegbe cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udnkr-pMRa8
This man longest time.

Where u bn run go??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2021
patrickmuf:

Zidane Abeg

Theoretically, i think he has what it takes to succeed at a club like ours
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2021
Another morning and that oloriburuku isn’t sacked yet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Havertz10: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2021
I doubt that United will sack ole, they would give him at least 2 more seasons

The management believes in him, who knows what he shows them in his slideshows to indicate progress but a sack is highly unlikely, besides they have recently tried everything from van gaul to mourinho, they would give him more time than others

Ole will beat a few top teams, because they don't play low block, space is available behind for Rashford and co to run into and attack, ronaldo cheesy will affect that but I expect ole to escape the next few weeks with a few commendable results

Options are limited these days, Zidane is like ole, no plan, no tactic, no concept, he just relies on individual brilliance, conte is intense and very demanding, he would clash with management, unless you want to gamble with an untested manager, which is risky

Your case isn't the worst self, barca they there with no route to becoming sustainably elite for the foreseeable future

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
Jodera:
Shey na Only 1 halftime rest ole rest Ororo against Everton, Grandpa Ferguson dey yarn say why dem go rest best player Ronaldo.

That's what you get when you have someone like Ronaldo and messi in a team, and you as the coach don't have pedigree like klopp or pep. You can't rest such a player without differing opinions and criticism from different sides and angles
Yeah. Ole no get balls sha, dey too soft for my liking tbh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:48am On Oct 17, 2021
eph12:

What do you hope to get if he doesn't start?
I don't understand this. Ronaldo no even dey for the manager's plans coming into the season, na PR buy if you ask me. the obvious plan before the whole Ronaldo brouhaha was a front three of Sancho, Greenwood(or Cavani), and Rashford. We have no way of testing whether it'll actually be effective if we don't rest Ronaldo sometime.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2021
Chelsea fans don the start, nawa oo

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 11:53am On Oct 17, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#KillTheBasterd

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2021
patrickmuf:

Go and watch Brighton vs Leicester. Brighton with Welbeck, Lallana and Muapay pinned them in their own half to submission and finished them, creating chances upon chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
CapitalCee:

Go and watch Brighton vs Leicester. Brighton with Welbeck, Lallana and Muapay pinned them in their own half to submission and finished them, creating chances upon chances.
Mehn I love watching Brighton play. That manager, can't we get him? I mean, we got Ole from a backwater Norwegian league nobody knows about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2021
patrickmuf:

Arteta had 9 key players missing versus Brentford who are actually good and beaming with confidence of promotion, after that Arteta played European and EPL champions in the next 2 games. If we play Brentford away then City and Chelsea we will lose all the matches guaranteed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11017) (11018) (11019) (11020) (11021) (11022) (11023) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.