Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8705386 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
StarBoard:

2010/11
We won only 5 away games and copped only 8o points in total.
2010/2011 went unbeaten at home that isn't a weak team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
elampiro:
You guys should understand that this argument is not about who is better between Gaal and Moyes. [size=16pt]We know who is better and who can make us play like Bayern.[/size]

You sure know who the boss is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dadehmola:

The crux of the matter is that LVG doesn't seem to be getting any criticism, despite the fact that we are 4points adrift of where we were last season and most importantly, He seems to be committing the same "àrse-licking" and military training offences moyes was slated for last season

Guy... Tu'gbaski! You too much!!!
We're consoling ourselves with the number of passes and touches we're able to complete in a game as if that is now the new objective of playing football!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
Wilson for RVP...

If na Moyes make that kain sub, it'd be headline news here till the next transfer window - this is the 'for example' of DOUBLE STANDARD!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
RuuDie:
Wilson for RVP...

If na Moyes make that kain sub, it'd be headline news here till the next transfer window - this is the 'for example' of DOUBLE STANDARD!
what's strange about the sub?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
[b]Dear Chris,
I just want to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your game
changing performance in the
Manchester Derby yesterday. If Louis
van Gaal had a plan – and I am
willing to bet my left leg that he did – you promptly took it, spat on it, and
threw it out the window. You left our back line looking like an apple tree in spring, ready to be picked apart. After probably the stupidest way to get a yellow card ever witnessed on a football pitch, making a rash challenge is probably not the best idea. Especially if you are up against one of the best attacking sides in the Premier League.
Your challenge was reminiscent of a
Sunday league challenge, the only
difference being that on a Sunday
league game you can get away with
kicking someone in the face.
Unfortunately, this is the EPL. As we know, your ball skills are not
your greatest strength, so logically
you should compensate that in other areas? Well, evidently not. After watching you for the last
four years I have tried to convince
myself that somehow Sir Alex hadn’t
had a drink or two when he scouted
you. A few decent displays here and
there did nothing in your favor to change my opinion. In most games,
you are clumsy, error prone, and not strong enough in the challenge. You’re something similar to Bambi on stilts.

Granted, you have been pushed out
to right back at times and that isn’t
your natural position. But you have
done nothing to warrant your
starting berth at the centre of
defence. The position you have found yourself in right now is
because of our current and long
injury list. At the age of 24, you should really be showing signs of promise, if you haven’t already. No longer can you be regarded as a “bright prospect”.
No longer can you commit the
schoolboy errors that you seem to love. With yesterday’s showing of
immaturity, you have unfortunately
taken a few steps back in your
career. With Paddy McNair showing promise and putting in a better shift than you yesterday, I hope you realize that your position in the team is far from certain.
Please take some time off and reassess your current situation. You let your fans and the club down with yesterday’s shambolic outing. The one positive that can be said is
that things can’t get any worse. I
hope you don’t try and prove me
wrong, Chris. Yours sincerely, A Red Devils fan.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
lol no be small letter be this o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
what would happen if utd wins six straight games? The performances comes first, after that the results. IDK why guys are getting worked up on useless statistics. during Moyes' regime, the play was awful. we don't win matches convincingly and lose woefully against top teams. the performances against Chelsea and Chitty are good and I don't think Moyes could've achieved that. What's more, Utd is looking dangerous in the 80 minutes and don't concede early goals anymore. Don't watch one match and judge, look at matches and observe. haba

18 pts and you'd all be kissn LvG's behind
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
But Man U fans said Liverpool only did well last season because we weren't in Europe, why are they failing then?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by incredibleone: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
Keky:
But Man U fans said Liverpool only did well last season because we weren't in Europe, why are they failing then?
u forgot to add liverpool didn't spend 200mill

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by incredibleone: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
StarBoard:

We are talking of age here since the allegation was that we had an aging squad.

The United squad that won the league comfortably and was knocked out by Real in 2012/13 was old according to you.
The same side Moyes inherited and took to the depths of 7th.
I don't see any correlation between the two scenarios.

I don't buy that age thing. Not for one second.
The inter team that won d treble was d oldest in ucl history of winners.....d youngest in d first Eleven was a 27 year old sneijder ........Age doesn't matter

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
raumdeuter:

You sure know who the boss is

Ancelotti. lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
incredibleone:
The inter team that won d treble was d oldest in ucl history of winners.....d youngest in d first Eleven was a 27 year old sneijder ........Age doesn't matter

I thought Balotelli was in Inter then?

You also have to understand what is meant by aged legs. Giggs at 36, Scholes at 33, Inzaghi at 38 could play UCL final and deal with 25 years old players. But Ferdinand lipsrsealed

You also have to know the speed of the EPL sucks aged players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
Remember when Januzaj scored 2 goals against Sunderland and won the Ballon d'Or ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
Keky:
Remember when Januzaj scored 2 goals against Sunderland and won the Ballon d'Or ?

Who the hell is this monkey?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
Januzaj should be playing for united's u21 that is where he belongs, teams no longer fear united, LVG's results are not encouraging, it is a real shame to be happy drawing chelsea and city, teams we used to beat, even moyes drew chelsea at OT last season and united played better then, LVG isn't the messiah, it is gonna be a long long season for United. A team that spent that much should be winning with goals flowing in droves. Fergie won back then with kids, so LVG should spare us, he should be given the ultimatum to win the next 6 games in a row
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
BinghiNya:
Januzaj should be playing for united's u21 that is where he belongs, teams no longer fear united, LVG's results are not encouraging, it is a real shame to be happy drawing chelsea and city, teams we used to beat, even moyes drew chelsea at OT last season and united played better then, LVG isn't the messiah, it is gonna be a long long season for United. A team that spent that much should be winning with goals flowing in droves. Fergie won back then with kids, so LVG should spare us, he should be given the ultimatum to win the next 6 games in a row
Or you replace him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
Keky:
I know obesity flows in your lineage, still the rest I can remove from thought cuz I can't blame nature, but you? submit yourself to a surgeon & watch live foolishness extracted from your folds of stretched flesh undecided

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
leggo:
what's strange about the sub?

If you're a defender and you're asked to choose who you'd prefer to mark between RVP and Wilson - which would you choose!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
RuuDie:

If you're a defender and you're asked to choose who you'd prefer to mark between RVP and Wilson - which would you choose!?

So marking someone means you got him in your pocket, if he score yesterday una for dey hala super sub, there was nothing wrong with that sub, RVP wasn't doing us any good with his dumb play and selfish act

How old is james again? Or Rooney when we bought him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
Those Rooney long chase back/backtract. He really tried. Just saw a video where he caught up with Toure in a long energetic chase. Also that sweeping from Val's wing.

We need some of these speed and physicality. He could have used it instead getting red card the other time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
elampiro:
Those Rooney long chase back/backtract. He really tried. Just saw a video where he caught up with Toure in a long energetic chase. Also that sweeping from Val's wing.

We need some of these speed and physicality. He could have used it instead getting red card the other time.
Valencia at the right back was where we lost the game.

I lost hope immediately I saw that from the line up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
chrisley024:
Valencia at the right back was where we lost the game.

I lost hope immediately I saw that from the line up.

I don't think so. Valencia did very well. He had little covering, Fellaini and Januzaj played far from him while Rooney helped Shaw throughout. The goal came from Val's position but it was Di Maria's error.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
SailorXY:

I know obesity flows in your lineage, still the rest I can remove from thought cuz I can't blame nature, but you? submit yourself to a surgeon & watch live foolishness extracted from your folds of stretched flesh undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
RuuDie:

that's what people thought when messi came on for deco 10 years ago
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
leggo:
that's what people thought when messi came on for kaka 10 years ago

Did messi and kaka play for the same club?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
elampiro:

I don't think so. Valencia did very well. He had little covering, Fellaini and Januzaj played far from him while Rooney helped Shaw throughout. The goal came from Val's position but it was Di Maria's error.
Yeah, as a make shift RB? He did ok. But below average if he was a RB.

His positioning is very poor. He either moves too forward or tucks in like he's a CB. He went too forward and left a huge space behind when that empty skull-Smalling got himself sent off. Not even as if it was a counter attack against us while in the goal, he tucked in and thereby couldn't even be at the edge to try and block the cross.

Since we can't depend on Rafael due to injury, the earlier we find a backup RB the better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
dopeJemi:

Did messi and kaka play for the same club?
I meant deco . My bad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
chrisley024:
Yeah, as a make shift RB? He did ok. But below average if he was a RB.

His positioning is very poor. He either moves too forward or tucks in like he's a CB. He went too forward and left a huge space behind when that empty skull-Smalling got himself sent off. Not even as if it was a counter attack against us while in the goal, he tucked in and thereby couldn't even be at the edge to try and block the cross.

Since we can't depend on Rafael due to injury, the earlier we find a backup RB the better.

Your head is over there, I blamed valencia for that goal and I still blame him, he left a whole lotta space, he wasn't closing down, he only stepped up after the goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
leggo:
I meant deco . My bad

I was confused sha, no p
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by incredibleone: 11:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
elampiro:

I thought Balotelli was in Inter then?

You also have to understand what is meant by aged legs. Giggs at 36, Scholes at 33, Inzaghi at 38 could play UCL final and deal with 25 years old players. But Ferdinand lipsrsealed

You also have to know the speed of the EPL sucks aged players.
first eleven
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
Rojo out for 3 months. Chei!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: YourBestWriter and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.