Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8707158 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dadehmola:

The crux of the matter is that LVG doesn't seem to be getting any criticism, despite the fact that we are 4points adrift of where we were last season and most importantly, He seems to be committing the same "àrse-licking" and military training offences moyes was slated for last season
elampiro:

The media didn't allow him to settle. We are all human beings. Things affect us. The pressure was too much and he didn't even have a great name to fight back.
Unlike now, Gaal is not under pressure and even if that were to be the case, his 'goodwill' or reputation will do half of the fight for him.

I'm trying really hard in vain to know why this issue is beingg raised now?

Are u guys just trying to be objective, for the sake of it?
Do u miss moyes and want him back?
Do u want the media to give LVG the 'unfair moyes treatment' too?

What's the motive for all the moyes hullabaloo?

Orr do u Just want to express sympathy for our dear 'deceased' david moyes?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
incredibleone:
23 out of a possible 27!! Man u?? Dnt even say it,a mid table team is irrelevant
manutd 13 league titles out of a possible 22!! don't even go there....Chelsea is a newcomer when it comes to lifting trophies...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
lekkie073:
pls face ur warrant abeg.....

Take ur vex go Old Trafford. I be fan like you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
PietroRico:

* There will always be throwbacks.

* The injuries necessitated the comparison. Mostly as the bulk of the injuries are from trainings.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by incredibleone: 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
lekkie073:
manutd 13 league titles out of a possible 22!! don't even go there....Chelsea is a newcomer when it comes to lifting trophies...
we ar going North,u head back to south-west.......this is the 'I get am before' attitude that still make u guys fail.......ur gra gra never stop,until u accept the fact that west ham z a better team than u guys despite splashing somalia's budget,u wnt even qualify for europa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dadehmola:

The crux of the matter is that LVG doesn't seem to be getting any criticism, despite the fact that we are 4points adrift of where we were last season and most importantly, He seems to be committing the same "àrse-licking" and military training offences moyes was slated for last season
I think the scenarios are different.

Moyes inherited a team that won the league by a mile. He went ahead to add Fellaini and Mata later, while his only loss was Scholes who retired.
van Gaal has had to assemble a new side by patching new recruits with remnants of the former side whose confidence has taken a battering.

My own views.
I also do not believe the same media that "ganged up" (according to some here) against Moyes was canvassing for him to rip up the squad that Fergie left on the basis of age; which is what van Gaal eventually did.

Moyes was simply incompetent and not fit for the job in most respects. He didn't even have the personality to establish a presence in the dressing room.
van Gaal has had a poor start but his track record in the past is working in his favour.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
PietroRico:

I am more particular about the double standards that's so obvious and glaring. Yes, moyes was clueless and out of depths and I would definitely choose LVG over him anytime anyday.The injury and "blending" issues that are easy to pin point as the root cause of our problems this season but heck - we've had some totally unacceptable results so far and i believe the manager should take full responsibility
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
elampiro:

Take ur vex go Old Trafford. I be fan like you.
am never vexed my friend. only that I dislike seeing fans continually castigate players like manutd is their fathers' property. player A is not good enuf .......sell him...
if the manutd authorities should listen to just 50 fans complaints about some players, we might end up not having any player left to play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
elampiro:

* There will always be throwbacks.

* The injuries necessitated the comparison. Mostly as the bulk of the injuries are from trainings.

its uncalled for jare.
There are a million and one things moyes did wrong
He was never the man for the job.
He lacked the charisma and pedigree required for a job of this magnitude.

Don't even allow me get started on his bizarre tactics and lack of man management.
He lost his team
He lost even his back room staff

Abi na media make am instruct players to cross ball a million times when we didn't have an attacking trio of zigic, koller and crouch?

Moyes is a mistake that never should have happened in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
dopeJemi:

Hahahahahahahaha grin grin na u be OSUA student, wetin be OSUA sef?
Ondo State University, Akungba.
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
PietroRico:
its uncalled for jare.

Don't even allow me get started on his bizarre tactics and lack of man management.
He lost his team

Abi na media make am instruct players to cross ball a million times when we didn't have an attacking trio of zigic, koller and crouch?

wonder why people ignore the obvious facts.
wa gbayi, brother.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dadehmola:

I am more particular about the double standards that's so obvious and glaring. Yes, moyes was clueless and out of depths and I would definitely choose LVG over him anytime anyday.The injury and "blending" issues that are easy to pin point as the root cause of our problems this season but heck - we've had some totally unacceptable results so far and i believe the manager should take full responsibility
so in essence, you want the media to give LVG the moyes treatment?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
StarBoard:

wonder why people ignore the obvious facts.
wa gbayi, brother.
the thing dey tire me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
PietroRico:
the thing dey tire me.
How anyone is making a case for Moyes is beyond preposterous.

Last year we went into the Manchester derby and lost like lambs being led to the slaughter even with the full complement of 11 men.
If Rooney didn't score from a free kick we would have been totally outclassed.
Last year in the derby Aguero almost had a hat trick.
A year later, we gave them a scare and lost by a goal that came after a red card and an injury to both our center backs.

On the basis of the Manchester derby there is improvement from where Moyes left us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
Can we even compare Moyes' post match comments with LvG?

You could feel his lack of confidence and low level mentality when he speaks. Nothing to inspire the players at all.

Moyes was a disaster!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
codedguy1:
Can we even compare Moyes' post match comments with LvG?

Moyes was a disaster!
Moyes before a Manchester derby last season: Manchester City is a club we want to be like.

And people are wondering why he was sacked.

Abeg anyone who defends that failure deserves to get pissed in the face.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
PietroRico:
its uncalled for jare.

He lost his team

We see things differently. I think Moyes only looked to be a mistake from hindsight.

In fairness to Moyes, our team was already aged before he took over. Even though we won the league easily before he arrived, our play had been deteriorating since 2011. We were hardly dominating games and only winning slim in 2012/13.

I don't agree that Gaal is struggling because the confidence of the players had been rocked. He was supposed to turn it around. We saw that when AVB was sacked at Tottenham. But sometimes, you can only pretend to dress a decay with some false initial impression, after some time the decay return. This is what happened at Tottenham, and our preseason. Even Martinez that was being used to benchmark Moyes, is struggling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
elampiro:

We see things differently. I think Moyes only looked to be a mistake from hindsight.

In fairness to Moyes, our team was already aged before he took over. Even though we won the league easily before he arrived, our play had been deteriorating since 2011. We were hardly dominating games and only winning slim in 2012/13.

I don't agree that Gaal is struggling because the confidence of the players has been rocked. He was supposed to turn it around. We saw that when AVB was sacked at Tottenham. But sometimes, you can only pretend to dress a decay with some false initial impression, after some time the decay return. This is what happened at Tottenham, and our preseason. Even Martinez that was being used to benchmark Moyes, is struggling.

Really?
An aging team won the league by 11 points.

I hope you don't believe what you just wrote.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
StarBoard:

I think the scenarios are different.

Moyes inherited a team that won the league by a mile. He went ahead to add Fellaini and Mata later, while his only loss was Scholes who retired.
van Gaal has had to assemble a new side by patching new recruits with remnants of the former side whose confidence has taken a battering.

Nobody is disputing any of these facts. Moyes was heavily criticised for licking the àrse of a rooney that is generally believed to be useless and worthless, only for the "strict and no-nonsense" LVG to make the same player his captain and also point out that the captain must always play, irrespective of his shitty form.

Moyes' so-called military graded training regimes was also seen as the reason behind persistent injuries to certain players. Under LVG, we are witnessing arguably the worst injury crises in the club's history, despite the fact that we are already out of the league cup and Ofcourse - no European commitments which means we are playing lesser games.

StarBoard:

My own views.
I also do not believe the same media that "ganged up" (according to some here) against Moyes was canvassing for him to rip up the squad that Fergie left on the basis of age; which is what van Gaal eventually did.

Moyes was simply incompetent and not fit for the job in most respects. He didn't even have the personality to establish a presence in the dressing room.
van Gaal has had a poor start but his track record in the past is working in his favour.

Exactly...

That record is what's masking some tactical and selection gaffes moyes woulda been crucified for, assuming he's still in charge of the team.

In a nutshell, It isn't as if I am canvassing for the return of moyes, or that I would choose moyes over LVG (when I no dey craze grin), but Abeg, let's stop blaming our woes entirely on injuries and "blending time". LVG must start taking responsibility for some of our misfortunes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
StarBoard:

Ondo State University, Akungba.
grin grin grin

Lmfao grin grin grin the thunder wey go fire you ehn still dey carry weights

I dey the country wey the country wey you dey colonize for africa wey near naija cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
StarBoard:

How anyone is making a case for Moyes is beyond preposterous.

Last year we went into the Manchester derby and lost like lambs being led to the slaughter even with the full complement of 11 men.
If Rooney didn't score from a free kick we would have been totally outclassed.
Last year in the derby Aguero almost had a hat trick.
A year later, we gave them a scare and lost by a goal that came after a red card and an injury to both our center backs.

On the basis of the Manchester derby there is improvement from where Moyes left us
and that's just one aspect of the very many others.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dadehmola:

Nobody is disputing any of these facts. Moyes was heavily criticised for licking the àrse of a rooney that is generally believed to be useless and worthless, only for the "strict and no-nonsense" LVG to make the same player his captain and also point out that the captain must always play, irrespective of his shitty form.

I have criticized LvG for making a mercenary captain.
Believe me I am not the only one who feels that way.
When Rooney got himself stupidly sent off, he didn't even lash him like he is slaughtering Smalling.

[quote author=Dadehmola post=27687665]

Moyes' so-called military graded training regimes was also seen as the reason behind persistent injuries to certain players. Under LVG, we are witnessing arguably the worst injury crises in the club's history, despite the fact that we are already out of the league cup and Ofcourse - no European commitments which means we are playing lesser games.

Injuries will always be a key part of the game.
United have had injuries over the years.
We cannot apportion blame for injuries except in extremely bizarre circumstances.
Why Moyes was getting criticized was because his methods did nothing to improve the overall fitness of the squad.

Dadehmola:

Exactly...
That record is what's masking some tactical and selection gaffes moyes woulda been crucified for, assuming he's still in charge of the team.
In a nutshell, It isn't as if I am canvassing for the return of moyes, or that I would choose moyes over LVG (when I no dey craze grin), but Abeg, let's stop blaming our woes entirely on injuries and "blending time". LVG must start taking responsibility for some of our misfortunes

I will be prepared to give van Gaal the benefit of the doubt because of his track record at ajax, Bayern and Barcelona.
Can you say the same for David Moyes, pre-United stint?
If he was that good, why is he still using Daily Mail to campaign for a job a quarter into a new season?
I saw an article that claimed Moyes was on the shopping list of Inter and I almost farted (not sure if I did). Now Daily Mail is running a story that Real Sociedad is looking for a new coach and he is in the running. Yet when Crystal Palace wanted to replace Pulis at the start of the season they went for a certified madman in Neil Warnock and not Moyes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
PietroRico:
so in essence, you want the media to give LVG the moyes treatment?

I want the media to point out the same mistakes moyes was criticized for - some of which LVG seems to be making..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
StarBoard:

Really?
An aging team won the league by 11 points.

I hope you don't believe what you just wrote.

Yes, we were already complaining about many of the players. As far back as 2010 we had identified our midfield weakness.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
StarBoard:

Abeg anyone who defends that failure deserves to get pissed in the face.

Buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
elampiro:

I don't agree that Gaal is struggling because the confidence of the players has been rocked. He was supposed to turn it around. We saw that when AVB was sacked at Tottenham. But sometimes, you can only pretend to dress a decay with some false initial impression, after some time the decay return. This is what happened at Tottenham, and our preseason. Even Martinez that was being used to benchmark Moyes, is struggling.
wrong wrong wrong.
Some peeps here kicked against moyes' appointment from the outset. Admittedly I wasn't one of them.

Infact I was a very staunch defender of moyes
My line of argument was always to Give him time before finally arriving at any sort of conclusion.
This was after people had written him off even before he started and a few games into the season.

It didn't take long before it became clear to me that he was a very big mistake.

The newcastle and fulham games in particular were the final straw for me and the season was ongoing.

Saying he's looking to be a mistake from hindsight is very wrong. Very very.

I have never been a fan of the martinez hype.
What I always say is to wait and see if he can sustain everton the way moyes did while having to cope with constant loss of key players, low budget and rich competitors

Again, only time will tell.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
incredibleone:
P what turnaround are u talking about pls.....barca and bayern were d best in their country,he was sacked with both teams,netherlands They played d WC final in 2010 pls....he turned Ajax around and that's just about it
It more about his well documented late start,
I can't be arguing the merits of LVG just glance through is wikipedia entry.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
Please, how can I clear all these posts ahead of me

Moyes is gone and gone forever! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
PietroRico:
its uncalled for jare.

He lost his team

So Van Gaal doesn't have bizzare tactics? From playing a 3-5-2 that lost 4-0 to MK Dons to Pushing Rooney further and further in to central midfield, to playing a suicidal high line against the rapid attackers of Man City...I can give you more if you want grin

Charisma and Pedigree? What Charisma does Van Gaal have? He sits down scribbling notes all game. Then he comes out and says "Judge me after 3 months". Then he comes out and says "It was very stu pid to say three months because then the media are only talking about three months.". And how has his pedigree improved your team's fortunes?

Van Gaal famously never gets on with his players and staff anyway, so I'm surprised you're talking about man-management. Man Management? Hahahaha. Everywhere he has gone he has left on bad terms with coaching staff, players, board and even the fans. Someone who was once described as a football hitler by one of his own players, is the one you're given props for man management.

All Van Gaal really has going for him is his reputation, and many Manyoo fans like yourself are simply unwillingly to believe that someone with his reputation might not actually be up to the task.

Van Gaal's reputation has bought him a free ride. Any other manager would be in trouble by now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
elampiro:

Yes, we were already complaining about many of the players. As far back as 2010 we had identified our midfield weakness.

I'm sure the Chelsea side that finished third last season had an average age that was higher than United's.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dadehmola:

I want the media to point out the same mistakes moyes was criticized for - some of which LVG seems to be making..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Santos07 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.