Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11932) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8709595 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11929) (11930) (11931) (11932) (11933) (11934) (11935) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
Leyqute:
Finally

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
TrebleChamp:
You will be here when fans start criticising Ten Hag, if result are not good enough. We all know the team need good players in various positions, the CEO just told fans that money is available. If he believe in the current squad and doesn't demand for players signing, he will be blamed if the team doesn't do well and will be sacked. I don't need a Yes Man Manager like Ole, i want to watch beautiful football with good result. And I don't think the current players can deliver that on a consistent level.
He'll be the one blamed 100%. Deservedly.

When these ESPN guys said Ten Hag has some kind of unnecessary pride, I was happy that that's what we actually need. But his own dey one kain.

This man came into Manchester, talked to people in the club and all and didn't exchange one word with Rangnick. Rangnick didn't even know he was at the stadium watching the game sef. As if he came with one personal beef that I don't get.

Now he's about to trust in these shitty players. I'm sure they are texting him every morning talking about how ready they are to fight next season. Watch us wipe the floor with every team we face in pre season.

We want to start a rebuild process but believe that an 80m player on 350k salary that doesn't want to be here is the right way to start. I'm just tired.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ten Hagg has identified a key player he wants to build the midfield with and United are determined to give it to him yet some of you are complaining. I can never understand some of you at all.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bombblacks:
Ten Hagg has identified a key player he wants to build the midfield with and United are determined to give it to him yet some of you are complaining. I can never understand some of you at all.
Lol just like Mourinho identified Pogba and Ole identified Maguire. It's the same all over again. This is even worse because the player doesn't even want join.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

Lol just like Mourinho identified Pogba and Ole identified Maguire. It's the same all over again. This is even worse because the player doesn't even want join.
Ole didn't identify Maguire and nothing you have written is accurate. De jong has agreed to join united thanks to Ten hagg and just agreeing fee with Barca is all that's remaining.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:00pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bombblacks:
Everyone would be excited if not for the money involved, given the budget we have.

Barca told us they don't want to sell but have to because of finances. Now they've signed a deal that'll help them financially, but guess what? They still want to sell. I'm pretty sure FDJ will take a pay cut to stay back at Barca.

So we're basically breaking the bank for a player that's being sold for football reasons.

Also getting PTSD from statements like, Barca are not utilizing him well, he's not playing in his best position bla bla bla.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bombblacks:

Ole didn't identify Maguire and nothing you have written is accurate. De jong has agreed to join united thanks to Ten hagg and just agreeing fee with Barca is all that's remaining.
He doesn't want to join. It's simple. Everyone knows this.

But what'll he do if Barca wants to sell. His decision depends on what Barca decides. He's not against it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bombblacks:

Oh, who signed Maguire?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

He doesn't want to join. It's simple. Everyone knows this.

But what'll he do if Barca wants to sell. His decision depends on what Barca decides. He's not against it.
Eth already called him to persuade him and he has agreed to join. Once fee with Barca is agreed, everything will be done.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

Oh, who signed Maguire?
United have been scouting Maguire way before Ole even took charge. Let's leave that discussion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bombblacks:

United have been scouting Maguire way before Ole even took charge. Let's leave that discussion.
Lol do you know how many players we've been scouting before Ole joined?

He came in and chose the one he loved and they stuck by the choice no matter the price involved.

Maguire joined and Ole made him captain in few months. That says a lot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bombblacks:

Eth already called him to persuade him and he has agreed to join. Once fee with Barca is agreed, everything will be done.
I'd agree ETH really persuaded him if he's against staying back at Barca.

Or I'd agree if other clubs like City were in for him and he decided to choose United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

He came in and chose the one he loved and they stuck by the choice no matter the price involved.

. The two situations are not even remotely close. Ole was not the reason united signed Maguire,the interest has always been there. De Jong is 100% Eth signing and have even called him to persuade and change his mind. We have seen De jong perform under Eth and was a beast. Like I said, leave all these plenty talks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

I'd agree ETH really persuaded him if he's against staying back at Barca.

Or I'd agree if other clubs like City were in for him and he decided to choose United.
Why will he be against staying at Barca? By persuade it means he has no problem with joining United and working under Eth which doesn't mean he is against staying at Barca as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

I don't even understand how someone will say Maguire was not his player. Same person sign AWB. AWB was not his player too?

We saw what happened with Van De Beek. That's a player I can say is not his preferred signing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
I'm not even bothered. The problem is not even sign. Cos it's not a new thing. We've been signing.

The problem is will the signings perform to our expectations?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bombblacks:
. The two situations are not even remotely close. Ole was not the reason united signed Maguire,the interest has always been there. De Jong is 100% Eth signing and have even called him to persuade and change his mind. We have seen De jong perform under Eth and was a beast. Like I said, leave all these plenty talks.
Na you dey talk plenty talks for real.
Maguire didn't need to play for Ole in the past for him to be Ole's signing.
Ole came into the club and said that expensive defender is who he wants.

The mistake you're making is you think because United has been linked with Maguire before, he wasn't Ole's signing. Do you know how many players we're linked with?

Ole signed Maguire not considering the risk and the money involved. He then made him captain few months later. He's his signing, full stop!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bombblacks:

Why will he be against staying at Barca? By persuade it means he has no problem with joining United and working under Eth which doesn't mean he is against staying at Barca as well.
I'm sure you understand what I'm saying.

- Barca wants to offload him.
-He's made it known week after week ever since Ten Hag has reportedly talked to him that he wants to stay at Barca.
- Man Utd are the only club interested in him.

What are the options available to him?

Forget the optics. His only available option is to go to United.
If other clubs were interested and he still decided he wants United, then I'll say Ten Hag truely convinced him. But man doesn't really have a choice, does he?

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 11:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
ChristoBam:

Na you dey talk plenty talks for real.
Maguire didn't need to play for Ole in the past for him to be Ole's signing.
Ole came into the club and said that expensive defender is who he wants.

The mistake you're making is you think because United has been linked with Maguire before, he wasn't Ole's signing. Do you know how many players we're linked with?

Ole signed Maguire not considering the risk and the money involved. He then made him captain few months later. He's his signing, full stop!!
You said Old identified Maguire in relation to Eth and De Jong not that we signed Maguire during Ole tenure. Ole didn't identify Maguire or bring him to the boards attention as someone he wants . Mourinho already wanted Maguire the previous season so the board was already interested, so when Ole asked for a defender they went back for their previous target after missing out on his choice. It's a silly example to even bring up when talking about De jong who ETH singlehandedly demanded for as a key signing and player needed. A player he knows personally and was a beast under him. You think Mourinho wanted and was interested in Maguire then left and the next coach came in and still demanded for the same Maguire? Bro leave all these plenty talks

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:51am On Jun 20, 2022
Bombblacks:

You said Old identified Maguire in relation to Eth and De Jong not that we signed Maguire during Ole tenure. Ole didn't identify Maguire or bring him to the boards attention as someone he wants . Mourinho already wanted Maguire the previous season so the board was already interested, so when Ole asked for a defender they went back for their previous target after missing out on his choice. It's a silly example to even bring up when talking about De jong who ETH singlehandedly demanded for as a key signing and player needed. A player he knows personally and was a beast under him. You think Mourinho wanted and was interested in Maguire then left and the next coach came in and still demanded for the same Maguire? Bro leave all these plenty talks
Seriously you're the one looking for direct and exact correlation in every comparison made.

It doesn't matter if we were linked to him in the past. Ole came in and identified him as someone he wants in his team.

Ole didn't ask for a defender and they went for the previous choice. That's a huge twist of facts to push your narrative. He went for who he wanted. Maguire wasn't a gem from one small club in Italy. He was a popular player placed on the market with interests from other clubs. And Ole went for him.

I guess if we had signed Nunez, you'd say Ten Hag didn't sign him right?

A Manager's signing can be a previous target of the club like Maguire was. Nunez has been a target of the club since January. If Ten Hag comes in and signs him, he's Ten Hag signing. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 2:12am On Jun 20, 2022
ChristoBam:

Seriously you're the one looking for direct and exact correlation in every comparison made.

It doesn't matter if we were linked to him in the past. Ole came in and identified him as someone he wants in his team.

Ole didn't ask for a defender and they went for the previous choice. That's a huge twist of facts to push your narrative. He went for who he wanted. Maguire wasn't a gem from one small club in Italy. He was a popular player placed on the market with interests from other clubs. And Ole went for him.

I guess if we had signed Nunez, you'd say Ten Hag didn't sign him right?

A Manager's signing can be a previous target of the club like Maguire was. Nunez has been a target of the club since January. If Ten Hag comes in and signs him, he's Ten Hag signing. Simple!
Please stop confusing yourself cause you are beginning to sound ridiculous. De ligt was Ole first choice but united couldn't get him so they went for their previous targets in Maguire. Clubs sign players not managers unless the coach makes a direct request for a particular player and the clubs get it like how United are moving for De jong or how Chelsea got Jorginho for Sarri etc. Your previous examples of Pogba with Mourinho and Maguire with Ole was all wrong. How can a club sign a player they have been scouting for a long time and had previous interest in before even getting the new coach and then you proceed to say it's the new manger who identify him and it's his signing lol. It's like Madrid getting Mbappe and you then saying Ancelotti identified him and he is Ancelotti signing lol.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:27am On Jun 20, 2022
odizeey:

I don't even understand how someone will say Maguire was not his player. Same person sign AWB. AWB was not his player too?

We saw what happened with Van De Beek. That's a player I can say is not his preferred signing.
E come be like say Ole didn't sign any of his players o. Maybe that's why he didn't succeed here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:01am On Jun 20, 2022
The Glaziers spent money on players, where i will blame them in not arresting Woodward. Woodward should be put on trial to explain how £1bn was spent on signing players, yet current reality doesn't support that massive investment...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:23am On Jun 20, 2022
TrebleChamp:
The Glaziers spent money on players, where i will blame them in not arresting Woodward. Woodward should be put on trial to explain how £1bn was spent on signing players, yet current reality doesn't support that massive investment...

Richard Arnold throwing his ex college roommate and fellow board member under the bus.

Criticising board decisions? nitrogen and TrebleChamp will not take this. Igwe must hear of this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:23am On Jun 20, 2022
TrebleChamp:

Stop fixating on the amount.

Lukaku, Pogba, Maguire and Dimaria- 4 players who weren’t really useful for the club- cost about 350m of the 1bn.

They bought players mainly for marketing purposes, not because of their footballing contribution.

Murtough is only disappointed United didn’t sell those players for more money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:29am On Jun 20, 2022
Bombblacks:

Please stop confusing yourself cause you are beginning to sound ridiculous. De ligt was Ole first choice but united couldn't get him so they went for their previous targets in Maguire. Clubs sign players not managers unless the coach makes a direct request for a particular player and the clubs get it like how United are moving for De jong or how Chelsea got Jorginho for Sarri etc. Your previous examples of Pogba with Mourinho and Maguire with Ole was all wrong. How can a club sign a player they have been scouting for a long time and had previous interest in before even getting the new coach and then you proceed to say it's the new manger who identify him and it's his signing lol. It's like Madrid getting Mbappe and you then saying Ancelotti identified him and he is Ancelotti signing lol.
It was when you mentioned Mbappe, I knew you had no idea of what you're saying.

Like I said, you're still thinking the same one direction. The player has to have played with him in the past or has to be a signing from a backwater club for him to pass as the Manager's signing.

Every fvcking player Ole signed apart from Ronaldo was his signing.

You can argue with the man himself

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:30am On Jun 20, 2022
ChristoBam:

It was when you mentioned Mbappe, I knew you had no idea of what you're saying.

Like I said, you're still thinking the same one direction. The player has to have played with him in the past or has to be a signing from a backwater club for him to pass as the Manager's signing.

Every fvcking player Ole signed apart from Ronaldo was his signing.

You can argue with the man himself

I can't believe this nigga is still on this. Bro rest please
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:33am On Jun 20, 2022
Bombblacks:

I can't believe this nigga is still on this. Bro rest please
Quoting me all night. Brought out receipt, e don become 'rest please'. grin grin

Maguire wasn't Ole's signing? grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:35am On Jun 20, 2022
I'm actually not interested in back and forths with anyone. But don't come out to tell me Maguire wasn't Ole's signing lmao. WTF.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:41am On Jun 20, 2022
ChristoBam:

Quoting me all night. Brought out receipt, e don become 'rest please'. grin grin

Maguire wasn't Ole's signing grin grin
Nigga you have literally been typing out of point all through it's getting tiring. Let's recap...
I said this concerning Eth wanting De Jong. Eth is solely the reason why united are going for De jong.

Bombblacks:

You replied with this false equivalence saying Mourinho identified Pogba and Ole identified Maguire which was totally stupid cause both situations had no resemblance whatsoever. United would have signed both Pogba and Maguire without both coaches as they were already interested in getting them unlike in this case where getting De Jong is solely due to Eth request.

ChristoBam:

Lol just like Mourinho identified Pogba and Ole identified Maguire.

How can Ole identify a player United has scouted before he even became coach and was already interested in buying under the previous manager. I don't have time for this back and forth waste of time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11929) (11930) (11931) (11932) (11933) (11934) (11935) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jodera, Bluelines69 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.