Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,137 members, 7,867,295 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:33 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8884185 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12288) (12289) (12290) (12291) (12292) (12293) (12294) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Yeah the longest dropkick, Saw it again just now, Both have bloopers though of course Mats will have more over the course of their careers but this past season I doubt they'll even be at least 5 or 6 errors leading to goals, 1 was against espanyol, MATS trained his left leg to also be super effective with distribution, Why folks just look down on him overall is cause of him being poor with his hgands for the past years and also a poor Defence in front of him, I think I saw this pic from expert 17, I'll still search for the image I saw ranking them all
Bring Ederson's blooper reel in City that led to goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Allison is of course the best sweeper GK in the EPL, Only thing Ederson beats him in is better distribution, Allison might also not be so far off with his passing range
Because of Man City's possession game, you don't expect Ederson to sweep that much. Liverpool's dangerous high line will always push a proactive GK out. And he has made so many mistakes that led to goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Allison is of course the best sweeper GK in the EPL, Only thing Ederson beats him in is better distribution, Allison might also not be so far off with his passing range
lol. Alisson is a sweeper keeper for Liverpool and City do not use Ederson as a sweeper.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
He said one of the best. He still said most intelligent. Remember you first claimed he only made that statement in 2013?
2013: He said most intelligent I have coached

2017: He said one of the most intelligent I have coached.

2 Different statement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Because of Man City's possession game, you don't expect Ederson to sweep that much. Liverpool's dangerous high line will always push a proactive GK out. And he has made so many mistakes that led to goals.

I don't know why people don't get it. Data wrongly used can show a GK that has only saved 2 out of 2 penalties 100% save rate and then conclude that he is better than another with 10 saves in 30 attempts.

There is a context to data.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:

2 Different statement.

What if he has seen another intelligent player like lahm? so the statement is right.

Remember Pep didn't retire in 2013.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
I don't know why people don't get it. Data wrongly used can show a GK that has only saved 2 out of 2 penalties 100% save rate and then conclude that he is better than another with 10 saves in 30 attempts.

There is a context to data.
Sometimes you say things that are amazing..
But agenda no go let am be 100 percent cool

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hmm. Keeper argument today....
Na set piece taker might probably by tomorrow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:

2 Different statement.
He said one of the best I ever coached in 2017. And still maintained he was the most intelligent.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

Eriksen was branded press resistant.

Xavi, Iniesta, Pogba get this amount of press on the pitch all the time and they beat it.

Why is Eriksen making that full speed towards De Gea if he’s not ready to receive the ball? Look at the strides he was making towards DDG for a goal kick?
Lol Pogba that lost the ball many times, mostly because he's trying to prove he is press resistance instead of just passing to the person beside him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

What if he has seen another intelligent player like lahm? so the statement is right.

In 2017 he repeated it. The guy just dey do strong head.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kilishihunter: 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
Bring Ederson's blooper reel in City that led to goals.
Well the only two I can think of are his mistake against united for mctoninay's goal and the one he did against Leeds when you guys drew, that was the season Liverpool won the EPL, MATS makes more errors than him I won't deny chief but I also think he's still slightly better than him in distribution, That's what made him to still be a barça GK today, He was recently lauded for an assist to Auba few weeks back though it was just preseason
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 9:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Well the only two I can think of are his mistake against united for mctoninay's goal and the one he did against Leeds when you guys drew, that was the season Liverpool won the EPL, MATS makes more errors than him I won't deny chief but I also think he's still slightly better than him in distribution, That's what made him to still be a barça GK today, He was recently lauded for an assist to Auba few weeks back though it was just preseason
United he used his hands to throw the ball to the center. Leeds were not in the EPL when Liverpool won the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

An argument with what if has no substance. The point here is pep has always been known to praise his current players which means nothing in the long run and shouldn't be taken as fact. Pep saying good things about Ederson is normal. He said Neuer was the best goalkeeper he has ever coached as well and Lewandowski was the most professional player he has coached in his career while at Bayern or how he said he would love 1000 Dantes in his team only to discard him later on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kilishihunter: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Noted but of course it won't be every period in every game city would have their continuous spell of domination na, City also play a high line (though of course not as Liverpool) which will make them susceptible to counters, We also tend to see this in mostly city's UCL battles or when facing Klopp himself, Ederson for sure is the better ball playing GK boss though Allison is not bad himself
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
He said one of the best I ever coached in 2017. And still maintained he was the most intelligent.
That screenshot is from 2013. The one he said in 2017 was one of the most intelligent I have coached and not the most intelligent I have coached like in 2013. Two different statement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:

That screenshot is from 2013. The one he said in 2017 was one of the most intelligent I have coached. Two different statement.
lol I enjoyed coaching him at Bayern. Did you skip that part?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neztar: 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

Alisson is the better keeper overall. He has at least 8/10 in every goalkeeping attribute.

Ederson has 9/10 with his feet but he’s average in every other goalkeeping attribute but Pep doesn’t mind. Ederson’s good footballing ability suits Pep just fine cos he’s going to hug possession 80% of the time anyway.

Opponents will have to make every chance count to get the better of Pep. They will have to produce 2 or 3 goals with their 20% possession which is very very rare and Pep is fine with that low probability than getting an actual goalkeeper.
the only way to beat pep is by not giving away possesion of the ball. Mancity don't mark. What they do is mark spaces and press till you lose the ball
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kilishihunter: 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
United he used his hands to throw the ball to the center. Leeds were not in the EPL when Liverpool won the league.
Then it should be 2020/2021 then when Leeds came up, he gifted the ball to either Raphinha or Rodrigo to score but city drew that game, I'm sure if i look they'll be more but those are the only two I can think of
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
lol I COACHED him at Bayern. Did you skip that part?
How Is that relevant to the statement of "Most intelligent I have ever coached" in 2013 and "one of the most intelligent I have coached" in 2017?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Then it should be 2020/2021 then when Leeds came up, he gifted the ball to either Raphinha or Rodrigo to score but city drew that game, I'm sure if i look they'll be more but those are the only two I can think of
Check well. No game like that exists. City drew 1-1 with Leeds and lost 1-2 when the league was decided. Neither of the goals was from Ederson gifting a pass to anyone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:

An argument with what if has no substance. The point here is pep has always been known to praise his current players which means nothing in the long run and shouldn't be taken as fact. Pep saying good things about Ederson is normal. He said Neuer was the best goalkeeper he has ever coached as well and Lewandowski was the most professional player he has coached in his career while at Bayern or how he said he would love 1000 Dantes in his team only to discard him later on.

His opinion on Messi and Busquets hasn't changed.

Do you know what it means for a GK to beat Man City midfielders in passing drills? Neuer makes a lot of mistakes with his feet and his passing range is not up to Ederson's level despite playing in farmers league. I guess you are confusing sweeping with ball playing/distribution.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:

How Is that relevant to the statement of "Most intelligent I have ever coached" in 2013 and "one of the most intelligent I have coached" in 2017?
So you won't pretend you did not see it. This is not 2013 as you can tell that Pep had left Bayern and he still called Lahm the most intelligent.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Do you know what it means for a GK to beat Man City midfielders in passing drills? Neuer makes a lot of mistakes with his feet and his passing range is not up to Ederson's level despite playing in farmers league. I guess you are confusing sweeping with ball playing/distribution.

People just make unsubstantiated arguments. They think we are saying Ederson is better than Neuer overall.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
So you won't pretend you did not see it. This is not 2013 as you can tell that Pep had left Bayern and he still called Lahm the most intelligent.
Pep statement in 2013 and 2017 are very clear. In 2013 he said most intelligent and in 2017 changed to "one of the most" intelligent player I have coached.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/guardiola-lavishes-praise-on-lahm-he-is-a-special-person-in/e8mpon5jdkq41h1192spgtkxx
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:

Pep statement in 2013 and 2017 are very clear. In 2013 he said most intelligent and in 2017 changed to "one of the most" intelligent player I have coached.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/guardiola-lavishes-praise-on-lahm-he-is-a-special-person-in/e8mpon5jdkq41h1192spgtkxx
Is this not clear enough? The screenshot is after he left Bayern. Hit redial.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:

Pep statement in 2013 and 2017 is very clear. In 2013 he said most intelligent and in 2017 changed to "one of the most" intelligent players I have coached.

It's a simple stuff, he met players as intelligent as Lahm when he joined Man City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

What opinion on Messi and Busquet are you referring to and how Is that relevant here? Ball playing under pressure, Sweeping and ability to pick passes from the 18yard box to anywhere Neuer is better than Ederson.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 10:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

It's a simple stuff, he met players as intelligent as Lahm when he joined Man City.

So you mean Manchester city had more intelligent players than the Barca he coached before going to Bayern? This explanation doesn't have foundation to stand on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:

What opinion on Messi and Busquet are you referring to and how Is that relevant here? Ball playing under pressure, Sweeping and ability to pick passes from the 18yard box to anywhere Neuer is better than Ederson.

Sweeping = Neuer, thanks to Bayern high line and farmers league.

Passes/distribution = Ederson.

I can mention up to 10 errors Neuer has committed while trying to play from the back in the farmers league.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:

2013: Most intelligent

2017: One of the most intelligent

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/pep-guardiola-philipp-lahm-is-the-most-intelligent-player-i-have-ever-trained
Even your caption has shown you that you were wrong. Just admit it so I can then show you Neuer's blooper reel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12288) (12289) (12290) (12291) (12292) (12293) (12294) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.