Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:46 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8839106 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12286) (12287) (12288) (12289) (12290) (12291) (12292) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neztar: 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
I am a city fan. I know the game you are referring to. Salah goal from half way out? Praise Salah for the goal. The ball was at the half way line.
who made the clearance?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Pep is not double-tongued, he will always pick Messi as his best talent/player, and Busquets as the best DM.... nothing will change this fact
You know him but some people don't.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FirstbornWds: 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
I was going to mention that but I did not want people to say "what did you expect him to say?"

Nah.. I don't think that will work with Pep. There are certain players he can never change his opinion about. Messi, Busquest and Ederson probably, would always rank first.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
You're changing the argument. Everybody makes mistakes. You cannot point to 2 let alone 1 with Ederson's legs that led to a goal.

That’s not what I read.

I saw someone wrote he has never made a mistake with his legs.

When the correct statement should have been the mistakes he makes with his feet have never been punished.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
neztar:
who made the clearance?
He did. What is your point?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

That’s not what I read.

I saw someone wrote he has never made a mistake with his legs.

When the correct statement should have been the mistakes he makes with his feet have never been punished.
Can you make reference to the quote?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

That’s Pep’s opinion and what works for his style of play.

Ederson won’t be in my top 10 of the best goalkeepers in Europe. We are discussing his legs instead of his hands. Why is he even in a conversation of the best goalies?

Dean Henderson is a better shot stopper than Ederson.

The topic was "the best ball playing GK/legs" not "the best GK/hands".

Ederson is the GOAT in this category, ahead of Neuer and Ter Stegen.

And for the general goalkeeping, Ederson will make Europe's top 15.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neztar: 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

That’s Pep’s opinion and what works for his style of play.

Ederson won’t be in my top 10 of the best goalkeepers in Europe. We are discussing his legs instead of his hands. Why is he even in a conversation of the best goalies?

Dean Henderson is a better shot stopper than Ederson.
thank you my brother. Ederson is to what david luiz is in defence
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Of course, he is top 15. Better at PKs than De Gea. Great at sweeping. Very press-resistant. Very calm. Just that some Keepers are better with their hands. That PSG main GK for e.g is arse with his legs and that is a big problem for them.

Wonder why people are trying to downplay the role keepers have to do with their legs.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

We can both agree on top 15. cheesy

Android22:
Can you make reference to the quote?

You said his mistakes with his legs are zero but there are plenty of mistakes with his legs on YouTube.

It’s just that those mistakes weren’t punished but they were mistakes regardless.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

We can both agree on top 15. cheesy

You said his mistakes with his legs are zero but there are plenty of mistakes with his legs on YouTube.

It’s just that those mistakes weren’t punished but they were mistakes regardless.
I meant mistakes leading to goals. How can I say he has never made a mistake? Even Harry Kane has had his PKs saved.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

We can both agree on the top 15. cheesy

If they are not errors leading to goals then it's useless

You remembered what happened when DDG tried to play from the back against Brentford wink wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
neztar:
thank you my brother. Ederson is to what david luiz is in defence

Alisson is the better keeper overall. He has at least 8/10 in every goalkeeping attribute.

Ederson has 9/10 with his feet but he’s average in every other goalkeeping attribute but Pep doesn’t mind. Ederson’s good footballing ability suits Pep just fine cos he’s going to hug possession 80% of the time anyway.

Opponents will have to make every chance count to get the better of Pep. They will have to produce 2 or 3 goals with their 20% possession which is very very rare and Pep is fine with that low probability than getting an actual goalkeeper.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neztar: 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
He did. What is your point?
he made a mistake which led to a goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kilishihunter: 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Boss Ter Stegen is the better ball playing GK, That's the main reason why he's not been moved on despite his past pure shot saving turbulent years, There's not been a suitable option found who's also also as good with his feet, He even uses his both feet effectively
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

If they are not errors leading to goals then it's useless

You remembered what happened when DDG tried to play from the back against Brentford wink wink

I have told you many times, that wasn’t a De Gea mistake. It was Eriksen’s mistake. De Gea passed to Eriksen, Eriksen got the ball and his pass to another defender was intercepted.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

I have told you many times, that wasn’t a De Gea mistake. It was Eriksen’s mistake. De Gea passed to Eriksen, Eriksen got the ball and his pass to another defender was intercepted.

Nah, it was De Gea's error he passed to a red zone and an already marked player

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
What am I reading? Neuer is the one who revolutionalized goalkeeping with his ball playing and sweeping ability. Perfect combination of shot stopping with ball playing and sweeping ability. Ederson has nothing on him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Nah, it was De Gea's error he passed to a red zone and an already marked player

It wasn’t a red zone, Eriksen wasn’t strong enough.

OPTA had it as Eriksen’s error.

DDG completed a pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

But you are trying to downplay the role Keepers play with their feet. DDG passed the ball to an Eriksen that was already being pressed. Eriksen even had the excuse of not knowing he was being pressed but not DDG who had the full view.

Agenda must not always agend. DDG is absolutely horrific with his legs/feet when it comes to anything that does not involve saving shots.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Boss Ter Stegen is the better ball playing GK, That's the main reason why he's not been moved on despite his past pure shot saving turbulent years, There's not been a suitable option found who's also also as good with his feet, He even uses his both feet effectively
Than Ederson? lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:
What am I reading? Neuer is the one who revolutionalized goalkeeping with his ball playing and sweeping ability. Perfect combination of shot stopping with ball playing and sweeping ability. Ederson has nothing on him.
Ederson is better at sweeping and ball playing.

If Neuer is 9.5/10 with his hands he is 8/10 with his legs/feet. Ederson is 7 with his hands and 9.9/10 with his feet. That is what makes Neuer the overall better keeper.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kilishihunter: 8:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
Than Ederson? lol
Yup, Ederson is a god in playing out from the back but MATS is slightly better, I had a graph on my phone ranking them for last season, I'll try and search the internet for it, MATS makes less mistakes than Ederson that's if the latter even makes any sef and plays mostly accurate balls to even our wingers since that's xavi's preferred system now, That's the reason why he hasn't been kicked out when he's been poor with his hands
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:

Their coach (pep) pick Ederson as the best.

Sweeping - Neuer
Ball playing - Ederson.

Fun fact- Ederson can pass the ball better than McFred.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Yup, Ederson is a god in playing out from the back but MATS is slightly better, I had a graph on my phone ranking them for last season, I'll try and search the internet for it, MATS makes less mistakes than Ederson that's if the latter even makes any sef and plays mostly accurate balls to even our wingers
lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
Ederson is better at sweeping and ball playing.

If Neuer is 9.5/10 with his hands he is 8/10 with his legs/feet. Ederson is 7 with his hands and 9.9/10 with his feet. That is what makes Neuer the overall better keeper.
Neuer is better than Ederson in all aspects. Shot stopping, ball playing and sweeping.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
But you are trying to downplay the role Keepers play with their feet. DDG passed the ball to an Eriksen that was already being pressed. Eriksen even had the excuse of not knowing he was being pressed but not DDG who had the full view.

Agenda must not always agend. DDG is absolutely horrific with his legs/feet when it comes to anything that does not involve saving shots.

If that pass had gone to Pogba in the same circumstance, he would have maneuvered his way out of the press through sheer strength and his love for ground duels.

Eriksen was a wet pipe. Rodri, Fabinho, Kante, Casemiro and even Partey would have received that ball, beat the press and move the ball along like the incident never happened.

No player should be comfortable on the pitch thinking he won’t be pressed when receiving the ball. It was Eriksen that actually demanded for the ball by darting towards De Gea to receive the ball.

How is that De Gea’s fault?

You can see Eriksen running towards the ball in this image even before the ball left De Gea’s boots. He demanded for the ball and then lost the ball. De Gea could have ignored and passed to Maguire but he doesn’t trust neither Maguire or Shaw.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

It wasn’t a red zone, Eriksen wasn’t strong enough.

OPTA had it as Eriksen’s error.

DDG completed a pass.

Check the image below, De Gea ignored an unmarked Maguire and passed to Erikssen who wasn't just marked but also in front of the post.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bombblacks:

Neuer is better than Ederson in all aspects. Shot stopping, ball playing and sweeping.
Hahaha. Pep disagrees with you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

If that pass had gone to Pogba in the same circumstance, he would have maneuvered his way out of the press through sheer strength and his love for ground duels.

Eriksen was a wet pipe. Rodri, Fabinho, Kante, Casemiro and even Partey would have received that ball, beat the press and move the ball along like the incident never happened.

No player should be comfortable on the pitch thinking he won’t be pressed when receiving the ball. It was Eriksen that actually demanded for the ball by darting towards De Gea to receive the ball.

How is that De Gea’s fault?

You can see Eriksen running towards the ball in this image even before the ball left De Gea’s boots. He demanded for the ball and then lost the ball. De Gea could have ignored and passed to Maguire but he doesn’t trust neither Maguire or Shaw.
DDG can see that he is being pressed right?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Their coach (pep) pick Ederson as the best.

Sweeping - Neuer
Ball playing - Ederson.

Fun fact- Ederson can pass the ball better than McFred.
Ofcourse pep will pick his current goalkeeper to boost morale. Same way he praised Bravo as the best goalkeeper in the world and how he said Foden is the most talented player he has seen. Neuer tops Ederson in all aspects.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Check the image below, De Gea ignored an unmarked Maguire and passed to Erikssen who wasn't just marked but also in front of the post.

The damage had already been done here in your image. Check my image before the ball left De Gea’s boots.

Eriksen ran towards De Gea to receive the pass. He’s touted as one of the best ball players in the league and he’s better on possession than Maguire or Shaw.

De Gea trusted him but Eriksen betrayed that trust.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12286) (12287) (12288) (12289) (12290) (12291) (12292) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MrJaay(m), Trevor012(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.