Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8728612 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12409) (12410) (12411) (12412) (12413) (12414) (12415) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2022
TLona1:

Today, "Modric is better than Xavi and Iniesta because he won Balon d'or"

Tomorrow, "Ronaldo was robbed in 2018"

Make una stay one place let this L meet you.
Football is a sentimental game, most every argument is based on sentiment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
TLona1:

Arguing with you is worse than mopping an ocean.
There's no point doing that.
Receive your L gracefully.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2022
MokunfopeAM:

77 G&A angry., Seriously it's an insult comparing him to Pendu., He, Maradona and Pele are exceptional and Greatest.
Statpadding against Eibar and levante Lmao. How many goals and assists did your fraud get in the champions league 2018? He nor reach 8.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2022
odizeey:

Same you that has been on Ronaldo's neck since last season even after he has done a lot... I smell hypocrisy.

But the point I'm making is based on upgrade.

You can turn Amala as you like and form arguments in your head as you wish but I'll stay on my line of thought. Keep arguing with ghosts.
Just keep throwing in the names, yeah. We see how the Ronaldo's banging in the goals now. Y'all didn't allow us rest all through the summer. Maybe you'll mention Luke shaw next.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 8:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
Trevor012:

You are typing nonsense. Messi statppadding against the likes of Eibar and getafe doesn't mean shitt. Who was the top scorer and best player in the team that won the biggest club competition called the champions league. Where was your fraud in the champions league when it mattered in 2018? He was getting disgraced by Roma lmao. Ronaldo scored 15champions league goals leading his team to the champions league title while your fraud was dropping a Poverty stricken return of 6 goals and bottling against Roma.
Ronaldo masterclass in Jerusalem on Thursday. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
hensben:
Messi is a winger too but when mentioning playmakers like Xavi, Zidane he is there, when you mention creators like iniesta and co Messi is there too. Isn’t that indication that he is an extraordinary player.

Get this clear to Ur head. Messi can only play 2 position which is attacking midfielder and winger. While Ronaldo can also play 2 position which is striker and winger. Messi just have an edge over ronaldo in position because it is. easy for a attacking midfielder to play winger than winger to play attacking midfielder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2022
Imagine conceding 6 goals in one match. Ajax. SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
Lana1:
I pity the manager. Man got an impossible job.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FergieRaww(m): 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2022
Lana1:

I only know of another team that did so at the weekend grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 1:23am On Oct 05, 2022
Borntosmoke:

Get this clear to Ur head. Messi can only play 2 position which is attacking midfielder and winger. While Ronaldo can also play 2 position which is striker and winger. Messi just have an edge over ronaldo in position because it is. easy for a attacking midfielder to play winger than winger to play attacking midfielder.
Messi has played striker under pep that he got highest goal in a calendar, he made history when he was deployed as a striker so Messi can play as a striker but cr7 can’t play attacking midfield. Messi can play three roles without his quality dropping, whereas cr7 started having high volume of goals when he started taking Benzema’s space when the game is on under mou counter attacking football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:28am On Oct 05, 2022
FergieRaww:

Ronaldo's team?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:42am On Oct 05, 2022
ChristoBam:

Just keep throwing in the names, yeah. We see how the Ronaldo's banging in the goals now. Y'all didn't allow us rest all through the summer. Maybe you'll mention Luke shaw next.

Held to the balls. Now, you can't talk again.

Abegi.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 05, 2022
hensben:
Messi has played striker under pep that he got highest goal in a calendar, he made history when he was deployed as a striker so Messi can play as a striker but cr7 can’t play attacking midfield. Messi can play three roles without his quality dropping, whereas cr7 started having high volume of goals when he started taking Benzema’s space when the game is on under mou counter attacking football.

And you forgot that ronaldo have also played attacking midfielder under Ferguson. U go just talk waaaaaaaaa. Both of them can play 3 positions.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:47am On Oct 05, 2022
FergieRaww:

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2022
Borntosmoke:

And you forgot that ronaldo have also played attacking midfielder under Ferguson. U go just talk waaaaaaaaa. Both of them can play 3 positions.
Nothing like attacking midfielder in Ferguson system and formation. He played a traditional wingerLMF in 442 formation. If it is so, Messi can play four position, including LMF/traditional because he played there for Argentina when one of the coach deployed 442 formation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 05, 2022
hensben:
Nothing like attacking midfielder in Ferguson system and formation. He played a traditional wingerLMF in 442 formation. If it is so, Messi can play four position, including LMF/traditional because he played there for Argentina when one of the coach deployed 442 formation.

U dey cap rubbish. Ferguson was using him to play midfielder before he converted him to winger. Are you smarter than goggle. Ronaldo can play as a midfielder, striker, left winger and right winger. 4 position for Ronaldo too if that is the case. grin grin. Nothing Messi fit do wey Ronaldo no fit do. Talk another thing abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 05, 2022
Why dem dey bully this small boy. grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Amoto94(m): 9:08am On Oct 05, 2022
hensben:
So the 42 goals he scored in 2008 were low volume?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 9:13am On Oct 05, 2022
Borntosmoke:

U dey cap rubbish. Ferguson was using him to play midfielder before he converted him to winger. Are you smarter than goggle. Ronaldo can play as a midfielder, striker, left winger and right winger. 4 position for Ronaldo too if that is the case. grin grin. Nothing Messi fit do wey Ronaldo no fit do. Talk another thing abeg.
Lies. Ferguson played two midfielders in 442 formation; scholes and carrick/fletcher, scholes Roy keane/Butt. Cr7 played RMF in 442 formation, he never paired with scholes or any midfielder in the middle in 442 formation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2022
hensben:
Lies. Ferguson played two midfielders in 442 formation; scholes and carrick/fletcher, scholes Roy keane/Butt. Cr7 played RMF in 442 formation, he never paired with scholes or any midfielder in the middle in 442 formation.
Right midfielder abii?? Lets end the argument. grin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
odizeey:

Held to the balls. Now, you can't talk again.

Abegi.

Literally replying you and asking you how letting a 37 years old Ronaldo and Maguire go relates to Rashford.

Man had a bad game after being rushed from injury. A game in which no single chance was created for him. And you came out with your 'Rashford shouldn't be in the team anymore'.

How does this relate to criticizing Maguire or Ronaldo? Like I said you're just drawing up different names to make sense of what you've said initially.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2022
ChristoBam:

Literally replying you and asking you how letting a 37 years old Ronaldo and Maguire go relates to Rashford.

Man had a bad game after being rushed from injury. A game in which no single chance was created for him. And you came out with your 'Rashford shouldn't be in the team anymore'.

How does this relate to criticizing Maguire or Ronaldo? Like I said you're just drawing up different names to make sense of what you've said initially.

I won't relate to you off course. No force am.

Acting like Rashford has been the blazing fire in all 8 games we've played this season.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ten Hag sends a thank you note to Pep for the lessons he taught him last game

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has thanked Manchester City and Pep Guardiola for the “lesson” they gave his side in Sunday’s Manchester derby.

https://www.nairaland.com/7367897/thank-lesson-ten-hag-greets

There are Man Utd fans who call Pep a fraud yet their manager is sending Thank you letters
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
odizeey:

I won't relate to you off course. No force am.

Acting like Rashford has been the blazing fire in all 8 games we've played this season.
No one has and that's the point. Not even the huge signings.
See, I'll probably share the same views as you if it was not the timing. I wanted him sold to PSG last summer. But if you think about it well.

The last 2 seasons before the infamous one, he was really good. Played the second one injured and still had great numbers. This was before the serious injury which we all predicted would have a huge effect on him.

So he's definitely trying to redeem himself from that terrible season he had. It's very cruel to be back to 'Ship him out' after a bad game against a City game that we had no single good player on the pitch apart from probably Martial.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
Lana1:

Football is like a game of chess.
If your opponent understands your game plan, then implements a successful game plan that capitalizes on your weakness,
and you can't figure out what his game plan is,...you will be beaten like a f00l. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
main24:

Football is like a game of chess.
If your opponent understands your game plan, then implements a successful game plan that capitalizes on your weakness,
and you can't figure out what his game plan is,...you will be beaten like a f00l. grin grin
This is why, apart from Sancho, I didn't really go in on any of our players after the City loss. Pep tactically schooled Ten Hag.
I knew there was something wrong about our tactics from the first 5 minutes of the game.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2022
ChristoBam:

This is why, apart from Sancho, I didn't really go in on any of our players after the City loss. Pep tactically schooled Ten Hag.
I knew there was something wrong about our tactics from the first 5 minutes of the game.

It was not only about tactics. There is a good reason Man City does not win every game 5-0 or 6-3. Most teams including the teams in the lower half of the table come prepared to outwork and outhustle the City players because they know that is the only way to avoid suffering a heavy defeat.

Apart from using the wrong tactics or poor player selection what struck me the most was the lack of work rate especially from the front 3. They didn't press the defenders and allowed defenders to both pass and travel forwards with the ball. They didn't track the full backs and allowed City to double up on our full backs. They didn't support the midfield.

Rashford and Sancho were strolling around like they were on fashion parade. There was an instance when Rashford strolled beside Ake and allowed him to run with the from their 18 yr box until he almost got to ours. Rashford without the ball could not keep up with Ake with the ball!

Then you had Eriksen who kept switching off and failed to track midfield runners.

These observations are from the first half cos i didn't watch the 2nd half at all so i am not sure how that played out.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
Erik Ten Hag: “I said already before, it had nothing to do with Casemiro, it was all to do with Scott because, when you look at Brentford, he wasn't in the team [and] we lose. Then [from] the day that Casemiro signed, we played six games and we won five.

“And, in five games, he [McTominay] played. In one game, he didn't, and that was against [Real] Sociedad [a 1-0 loss]. So, for me, that was logical [to play McTominay] because it's competition in the team. For me, it wasn't a choice [not to play him].

“He performed really well, he developed really well and it had nothing to do with Casemiro, but I'm sure Casemiro will play a really important role.”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
Erik Ten Hag: “We know all his [Casemiro] background, we know all the titles he won. You see every day in training, he can contribute in this team, and he will be a really important player for this team.

“So, we will see what will happen but I'm convinced that will happen."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
Borntosmoke:

Right midfielder abii?? Lets end the argument. grin.
Yes which is a direct winger in 442 formation. Formation aside, cr7 don’t play as a midfielder, he operate as a winger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
afrodoc2:

It was not only about tactics. There is a good reason Man City does not win every game 5-0 or 6-3. Most teams including the teams in the lower half of the table come prepared to outwork and outhustle the City players because they know that is the only way to avoid suffering a heavy defeat.

Apart from using the wrong tactics or poor player selection what struck me the most was the lack of work rate especially from the front 3. They didn't press the defenders and allowed defenders to both pass and travel forwards with the ball. They didn't track the full backs and allowed City to double up on our full backs. They didn't support the midfield.

Rashford and Sancho were strolling around like they were on fashion parade. There was an instance when Rashford strolled beside Ake and allowed him to run with the from their 18 yr box until he almost got to ours. Rashford without the ball could not keep up with Ake with the ball!

Then you had Eriksen who kept switching off and failed to track midfield runners.

These observations are from the first half cos i didn't watch the 2nd half at all so i am not sure how that played out.
With the type of disorganized press we've got for now do you think it's advisable to press City defenders. Cuz they'll definitely beat the press and when they do, there isn't a lot left.

The fact that Antony did the same thing as the other two shows it was more of a tactical thing. Rashford has never pressed ever since we've reverted back to the counter attack style. It's basically saving energy for the moment the opportunity arrives to make that run.

A lot of things looked wrong in that game. There was too much of a space between our attack and the rest of the team. They played far from each other also, leading to misplaced passes, so many little things.

The most important thing is, a midfield of Bruno Eriksen and Mctominay away to City was a very terrible idea. Should have been one of Bruno and Eriksen for Casemiro. A lot of people said it but we all thought it's better to go with the winning team. But there's a difference between playing Arsenal at home and playing City at Ethiad. That was very naive.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
Oasis007:
Erik Ten Hag: “I said already before, it had nothing to do with Casemiro, it was all to do with Scott because, when you look at Brentford, he wasn't in the team [and] we lose. Then [from] the day that Casemiro signed, we played six games and we won five.

“And, in five games, he [McTominay] played. In one game, he didn't, and that was against [Real] Sociedad [a 1-0 loss]. So, for me, that was logical [to play McTominay] because it's competition in the team. For me, it wasn't a choice [not to play him].

“He performed really well, he developed really well and it had nothing to do with Casemiro, but I'm sure Casemiro will play a really important role.”

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12409) (12410) (12411) (12412) (12413) (12414) (12415) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.