Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8790695 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13290) (13291) (13292) (13293) (13294) (13295) (13296) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:52am On Jun 07, 2023
eph12:

How I wish this club moves very quickly. Everything is a drag

The Glazers are a curse on the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:57am On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

The Glazers are a curse on the club.

Isn’t that a bit too harsh?

Where is nitrogen to convince you that the Glazers have been a huge blessing to the club?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2023
MRTA7:

I agree on the spurs not wanting to sell issue but there's some rumours Kane is keen to stay in the premier league to break shearer's record.
it will take Kane 2 to 3 more seasons to break that record, but even if he does, what if Haaland stays in England for 8 more seasons scoring an average of 30goals a seasons. His record won't even last a decade if Haaland stays in EPL to his 30s
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:30am On Jun 07, 2023
afrodoc2:

Isn’t that a bit too harsh?

Where is nitrogen to convince you that the Glazers have been a huge blessing to the club?

I don't know why anyone would be on their side.

Kim Min Jae should be solid now already. But they'll delay everything and drag their feet till the last moment when the price will skyrocket. They might end up splashing 80m on KMJ when he could've been gotten for way less.

And Treblechamp will come out and say, "shebi they are spending money".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:33am On Jun 07, 2023
BlueAngel444:
it will take Kane 2 to 3 more seasons to break that record, but even if he does, what if Haaland stays in England for 8 more seasons scoring an average of 30goals a seasons. His record won't even last a decade if Haaland stays in EPL to his 30s

1. Haaland will not stay in England for even 5 years.
2. Haaland may not score 30 league goals every season.

The league is an animal on his own. It changes and adapts to people.

Pep had to reinvent himself to be this dominant, and that's in addition to the investment city has made over the years.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

Pep had to reinvent himself to be this dominant, and that's in addition to the investment city has made over the years.

1. True, but it's possible he stays. He may leave if Pep leaves and he feels like playing in Spain and it's not like City isn't a big club.
2. Haaland can as well score 40goals and then 25goals, I just put it at an average of 30goals per season for 8years. Yes this is EPL but once upon a time Ronaldo and Messi did not exist in la Liga.

Thats how some were thinking Kane will flop after one or two seasons. I will still say it, rejecting Madrid just to break some record will add to Kane's silliness after extending his contract with no release clause attached, it shows how myopic Kane's goals are.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

There is no league in the world that can adapt to Haaland. Only injury or Hazard-like indulgence can save defenders that face him. I agree he won't stay that long with Man City though. He is probably going to be Harry Kane's replacement at Real Madrid (If Kane goes there of course).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

I don't know why anyone would be on their side.

Kim Min Jae should be solid now already. But they'll delay everything and drag their feet till the last moment when the price will skyrocket. They might end up splashing 80m on KMJ when he could've been gotten for way less.

And Treblechamp will come out and say, "shebi they are spending money".
The Glaziers are not responsible for signing players na. If they give the board £250m to spend this window, but murtough and co decides to waste time closing deals or overpaying for average player, are we to blame Glaziers for that? If United sign rubbish players again the window, that blame will be solely on Ten Hag. He cannot ask for control and then be recommending rubbish players to the board.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sheikh Jassim submitted a fifth bid to buy 100% of Manchester United. It’s an improved bid with clear indication: take it or leave it. 🔴🇶🇦

There will be no more bids from Qatari group — after this Friday, Sheikh Jassim will no longer engage with the process.

- Fabarizio Romano

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2023
TrebleChamp:
The Glaziers are not responsible for signing players na. If they give the board £250m to spend this window, but murtough and co decides to waste time closing deals or overpaying for average player, are we to blame Glaziers for that? If United sign rubbish players again the window, that blame will be solely on Ten Hag. He cannot ask for control and then be recommending rubbish players to the board.

Substitute Glazers with Buhari and Murtough with any incompetent government minister of your choice.
If a manager keeps playing Maguire instead of Martinez and Varane, at a point in time you have to stop blaming Maguire and you need to face the manager.

For YEARS fans and observers noted the incompetence of the Bristol gang and the Glazers kept those guys in office. If you keep appointing incompetent people and keep them in office despite enough evidence of their incompetence, then we can't heap all the blame on those guys but you that kept them in office has a large share of the blame.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2023
Is Loserpool really paying £35m for Mac Allister undecided?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2023
TrebleChamp:

To further reiterate: ETH has FULL CONTROL in this regard!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
CrystalTiger:
Is Loserpool really paying £35m for Mac Allister undecided?

And we want to pay 60m for mount abi? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
BlueAngel444:

1. True, but it's possible he stays. He may leave if Pep leaves and he feels like playing in Spain and it's not like City isn't a big club.
2. Haaland can as well score 40goals and then 25goals, I just put it at an average of 30goals per season for 8years. Yes this is EPL but once upon a time Ronaldo and Messi did not exist in la Liga.

Thats how some were thinking Kane will flop after one or two seasons. I will still say it, rejecting Madrid just to break some record will add to Kane's silliness after extending his contract with no release clause attached, it shows how myopic Kane's goals are.

That possibility is low. Haaland might not even exhaust his current contract before he leaves.

Harry Kane is the architecture of his own misfortune. I don't care where he goes but a player of his stature should not be at Tottenham. It's even insane that he signed this current deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 3:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
afrodoc2:

Substitute Glazers with Buhari and Murtough with any incompetent government minister of your choice.
If a manager keeps playing Maguire instead of Martinez and Varane, at a point in time you have to stop blaming Maguire and you need to face the manager.

For YEARS fans and observers noted the incompetence of the Bristol gang and the Glazers kept those guys in office. If you keep appointing incompetent people and keep them in office despite enough evidence of their incompetence, then we can't heap all the blame on those guys but you that kept them in office has a large share of the blame.

They should just take Qatar money and get the hell out of our club. I think Fans started noticing Woodward was also a huge problem too, so they attacked his home to send a message. Arnold could get same treatment if he doesn't sit up and instruct Murtough to hurry sh**t up with transfer targets...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
TrebleChamp:
They should just take Qatar money and get the hell out of our club. I think Fans started noticing Woodward was also a huge problem too, so they attacked his home to send a message. Arnold could get same treatment if he doesn't sit up and instruct Murtough to hurry sh**t up with transfer targets...

A major problem is other club executives also noticed we were incompetent and started swindling us. How much do you think World Cup winning midfielder Alexis Mac Allister would have been sold for if we had been the ones bidding for him?

Look at Chelsea asking for 70m for England and Chelsea squad player Mason Mount who has only 1 year left on his contract, and just completed a terrible off-form season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
afrodoc2:

There is no league in the world that can adapt to Haaland. Only injury or Hazard-like indulgence can save defenders that face him. I agree he won't stay that long with Man City though. He is probably going to be Harry Kane's replacement at Real Madrid (If Kane goes there of course).

So, you're saying Haaland will break his own PL record next season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
TrebleChamp:

Who signs the cheque to bring in new players? Maguire?

You think EtH will be crying in public about needing funds if it was up to him?

Continue o. Glazer Apologist.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
AdisaOwala:

And we want to pay 60m for mount abi? grin

Na part of the problem wey we dey talk about be that.

We have incompetent phools running the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
TrebleChamp:

You still haven't condemned your beloved Glazers. Maybe you're part of their PR machine sef cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

Na part of the problem wey we dey talk about be that.

We have incompetent phools running the club.

Mount na whose choice biko?

Let's even forget price
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Every transfer window na soso rumor we dey always hear.

I have a feeling those Glazers spend more money on PR than they should. Abi how do you explain all this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Mount na whose choice biko?

Let's even forget price

Na price me I dey talk about, plus how soon Liverpool concluded the business.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
afrodoc2:

A major problem is other club executives also noticed we were incompetent and started swindling us. How much do you think World Cup winning midfielder Alexis Mac Allister would have been sold for if we had been the ones bidding for him?

Look at Chelsea asking for 70m for England and Chelsea squad player Mason Mount who has only 1 year left on his contract, and just completed a terrible off-form season.

Starting bid for mount should b between 20-30m tbh, and that's if ETH wants him. He's not a Frwnkie De Jong with fantastic passing range, technical ability, and carry.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
afrodoc2:

If we do this deal ehn........, My guess would be £80m+ for Mac Allister. Club don too run us street, and i have said it here in the past that our board could be using this crazy fee and wages to launder money...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

So, you're saying Haaland will break his own PL record next season?

He does not have to break it to prove that they haven't adapted to him. As long as he keeps scoring goals in bunches and being at the top of the charts he is okay.

It is like you don't understand the physical and mental advantage Haland has over almost all defenders. If nearly all the teams can suddenly get defenders who are very tall, very fast, very powerful, and have the anticipation and reflexes of wild cats, yes they will adapt to him.

He might break it but as his game evolves and he starts to get more involved in build-up play he also might not break it. Messi and CR7 did not break their own records every season but no Bible-believing defender, team, or league can claim that they adapted to Messi or CR7.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

You still haven't condemned your beloved Glazers. Maybe you're part of their PR machine sef cheesy
Haba nah, Glaziers that i have been condemning since after Ronaldo's interview..
It is nitrogen that is still praising them ooh, me don wash hand comot for their mata since....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
Liverpool got McAllister for 35m but Brighton will ask us to bring 80m for Calciedo.

It's when Man Utd come calling that a club won't "change their stance" or refuse to budge from their asking price.

These stories are not adding up anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Haba nah, Glaziers that i have been condemning since after Ronaldo's interview..
It is nitrogen that is still praising them ooh, me don wash hand comot for their mata since....

LoL.

Are you sure you won't toot their horn in the future?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

Who signs the cheque to bring in new players? Maguire?

You think EtH will be crying in public about needing funds if it was up to him?

Continue o. Glazer Apologist.
Woodward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

LoL.

Are you sure you won't toot their horn in the future?
Never 😁

(1) (2) (3) ... (13290) (13291) (13292) (13293) (13294) (13295) (13296) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman, Stivoh(m), DeadPresidents and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.