Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8790193 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13291) (13292) (13293) (13294) (13295) (13296) (13297) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Woodward.

Woodward wey Dem sack abi another one?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sheikh Jassim submitted a fifth bid to buy 100% of Manchester United. Itโ€™s an improved bid with clear indication: take it or leave it. ๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ‡ถ๐Ÿ‡ฆ #MUFC

There will be no more bids from Qatari group โ€” after this Friday, Sheikh Jassim will no longer engage with the process.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:
Liverpool got McAllister for 35m but Brighton will ask us to bring 80m for Calciedo.

It's when Man Utd come calling that a club won't "change their stance" or refuse to budge from their asking price.

These stories are not adding up anymore.
I suspect money laundering, seem like our board dey collect some never to be disclosed fee from the transfer fee. Hope this unsubstantiated explanation helps ๐Ÿ˜.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

Woodward wey Dem sack abi another one?
Woodward signed Maguire nah...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ| Jadon Sancho's future at Manchester United is not certain. Borussia Dortmund are a genuine contender to re-sign Sancho and are leading the chase. [@TEAMtalk]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

Na price me I dey talk about, plus how soon Liverpool concluded the business.

Are you not more concerned with the fact that we didn't signify interest in this cheaper and better option?

The million dollar question should be : why Mount and not Macalister!

Assuming we signified interest in McAlister and Brighton preferred to sell to 'Pool (at a lower price), we fit dey get this your discussion
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jokerman:
Sheikh Jassim submitted a fifth bid to buy 100% of Manchester United. Itโ€™s an improved bid with clear indication: take it or leave it. ๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ‡ถ๐Ÿ‡ฆ #MUFC

There will be no more bids from Qatari group โ€” after this Friday, Sheikh Jassim will no longer engage with the process.
He should just offer Glaziers ยฃ10b take it or leave it offer if he love us that much ๐Ÿ˜‰..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
Madrid just completed the signing of Jude Bellingham, shap shap tinz no dulling. My United is still showing interest upandan....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

I went through the whole thread. The guy looks very promising. With top GK coaching he's going to be world class.

Him being dutch gives me a sense that EtH might like him and want to bring him in. But it's Man Utd, so I'm not keeping my hopes high.

But we won't notice him now grin it'll take us about 3 years when he's been good for an AC Milan or Inter Milan and is worth 70m before you start hearing we were interested 3 years ago grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
eph12:

How I wish this club moves very quickly. Everything is a drag

The way things are going, I very well might teleport to Brentford grin

Let the Glazers sell abeg, let me know my fate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Are you not more concerned with the fact that we didn't signify interest in this cheaper and better option?

Assuming we signified interest in McAlister and Brighton preferred to sell to 'Pool (at a lower price), we fit dey get this your discussion

For me, it's like this:

Caicedo>>McAllister>Mount

I don't think we should be bidding for Mount sef. Caicedo is the player closest to Eriksen in terms of technicality, on the ball intelligence, and he's younger so he'll be stronger.

That Mount business is off on almost all levels. I don't know why, after every few years, we go in and sign a Chelsea reject. Mata, Matic, and now Mount. MMM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

For me, it's like this:

Caicedo>>McAllister>Mount

I don't think we should be bidding for Mount sef. Caicedo is the player closest to Eriksen in terms of technicality, on the ball intelligence, and he's younger so he'll be stronger.

That Mount business is off on almost all levels. I don't know why, after every few years, we go in and sign a Chelsea reject. Mata, Matic, and now Mount. MMM

Even at gun point, I wouldn't even pay more than 15m for Mount.

If we go ahead and eventually pay the 60m being touted, that's gonna be a significant chunk of our budget and I would take it to mean our manager sees him as key to his plans...

If our manager is seeing the likes of Mount as being key, is it not a cause for concern?

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
I understand, shey our own transfer window never open or what? Wetin be this lack of activity?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
แปŒmแป... Madrid had long developed interest in Jude Bellingham long before the season ends... Now, he's been signed.

Liverpool noted that the midfield is one if the core areas they needed to strengthen, them din sign a world cup winner midfielder for 30 pรฉrรฉ!

But my darling club is still fighting with the rumor mills... ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

I dey weak for this club.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2023
melodyogonna:
I understand, shey our own transfer window never open or what? Wetin be this lack of activity?

Welcome to yet another thrilling season of the award-winning series "Blame the manager". cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
Every midnight I go dey swear for Glazers until they leave this club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Omo I'm reading that the Qatari's have lost out in their bid to buy the club. Jim Ratcliffe has emerged as the clear favorite.

cry cry cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
AdisaOwala:

Even at gun point, I wouldn't even pay more than 15m for Mount.

If we go ahead and eventually pay the 60m being touted, that's gonna be a significant chunk of our budget and I would take it to mean our manager sees him as key to his plans...

If our manager is seeing the likes of Mount as being key, is it not a cause for concern?

Seems as if your sole aim is to malign the manager.

I donโ€™t see Mount as a must have either. Tells us that we need a good doF. And we pursued a good one away a year ago- another ETH doing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
kozmicity:

The way things are going, I very well might teleport to Brentford grin

Let the Glazers sell abeg, let me know my fate.
It's just so annoying. People need to actually protest and stop watching live matches

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
afrodoc2:

Maybe Shaw. I am not sure Martinez is agile enough. Midfield play is different from CB cos in midfield your awareness has to be 360 degrees and the opponents are in close proximity, while CBs have more time and space.

Licha is more composed than varane and lindelof.

Shaw has a killer touch.
. Licha has a better pass and is more aggressive to play that number 4 position.

He's also aggressive..

If Jones cN play midfielder against real Madrid I dont see why licha can't do it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Adisaowala1: 7:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

Seems as if your sole aim is to malign the manager.

If you see the truth as some form of slander on the manager, too bad.

Person dey get unhealthy interest in a rubbish player priced at a ridiculous fee but somehow, we should ignore it and divert attention to the Glazers instead.

If Antony shiit for pant, na Glazer, if Martial Nakked for Road, na Glazer!

Haba! angry

This matter no concern Glazer abeg - lets not try and force everything on them even though they are also to blame in other areas.

Leyqute:

Tells us that we need a good doF. And we pursued a good one away a year ago- another ETH doing.

Luckily for us, our system is such that the manager has full autonomy over player transfers and as such, the likelihood of the infamous Manager/Technical Director/DOF clashes have been reduced to the barest minimum.

ETH is in charge in such a way that he cannot complain - he should man the fvck up and take responsibility grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by freezyprinzy(m): 7:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

I don't know why anyone would be on their side.

Kim Min Jae should be solid now already. But they'll delay everything and drag their feet till the last moment when the price will skyrocket. They might end up splashing 80m on KMJ when he could've been gotten for way less.

And Treblechamp will come out and say, "shebi they are spending money".
The only window to trigger his release clause is in July. Thatโ€™s the only time we have to buy him all that is going on now is speculation we do not have the permission to even talk to him yet. Until July.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by freezyprinzy(m): 7:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
AdisaOwala:

United asked about him he chose Liverpool itโ€™s not like they can convince him otherwise. I agree about mount though there is nothing special about that looser why waste time on him? Kokcu is available for 40m and he can do whatever mount can do and more. If we want to over do buy Enzo le fe for another 20m.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 7:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
David Beckham's move to MLS is one of the best sports business deals ever:

โ€ข Earned $255M over 5 years
โ€ข Purchased Inter Miami for $25M
โ€ข Inter Miami is valued at $600M

And now they have Lionel Messi, which will push the club's valuation toward ~$1 billion.

Incredible ๐Ÿคฏ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐ŸŒ–| BREAKING: AS Monaco's Axel Disasi is one step away from joining #mufc. Disasi has decided to join United. The two clubs must now agree a fee. [@lequipe]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
CRISTIANO RONALDO:

โ€œI knew that Benzema is coming to Saudi and that's why i said that the Saudi league will be among the Top 5 in the future, more players will come.โ€

โ€œIn the future I would like to own a club, I don't rule it out.โ€
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2023
๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐ŸŒ•| NEW: David de Gea is ready to snub a lucrative offer from Saudi Arabia to stay at #mufc. [@alex_crook]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
๐Ÿšจ The president of Al-Ahli is in London to negotiate the potential transfer of Riyad Mahrez to Saudi Arabia. ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ”œ

(Source: @jamesbenge)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
freezyprinzy:
The only window to trigger his release clause is in July. Thatโ€™s the only time we have to buy him all that is going on now is speculation we do not have the permission to even talk to him yet. Until July.

We don't have to wait till July to agree personal terms with him. That should've been wrapped up by now or be very close.

If we don't get that bit right by July, we might lose out on him.

Anything can happen. Things can go sideways.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by freezyprinzy(m): 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:

We don't have to wait till July to agree personal terms with him. That should've been wrapped up by now or be very close.

If we don't get that bit right by July, we might lose out on him.

Anything can happen. Things can go sideways.

We are now proper banter fc. If this team was a city team the deal would have been wrapped up a lo time ago one way or the other. Things will continue this way under the glazers and it wonโ€™t change if the club is sold to sir Jim, it will be worse. For one he is keeping the glazers and he isnโ€™t a serious owner just like the glazers. We are going to waste probably another 10years doing rubbish again.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by freezyprinzy(m): 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jokerman:
๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐ŸŒ•| NEW: David de Gea is ready to snub a lucrative offer from Saudi Arabia to stay at #mufc. [@alex_crook]
He is a bastard. But I donโ€™t blame him,if you are paying me 200k every week to seat on the bench I sure will take that money. He knows he wonโ€™t have game time as much next season especially if are lucky to sign a proper goal keeper, and the stupid club is still offering him 200k per week. God go punish them glazers once again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
Leyqute:
Liverpool got McAllister for 35m but Brighton will ask us to bring 80m for Calciedo.

It's when Man Utd come calling that a club won't "change their stance" or refuse to budge from their asking price.

These stories are not adding up anymore.
let's just blame the manager and move on

(1) (2) (3) ... (13291) (13292) (13293) (13294) (13295) (13296) (13297) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Stivoh(m), kizolo(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.