Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,108 members, 7,867,199 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:09 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8883991 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 10:34pm On Feb 08, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Hahaha. Can you reel out some stats to buttress your Rooney 90 percent claim? grin

He is telling lies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 10:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
Spamboat is hitting me left and right. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
SailorXY,

That your post about our defence is wrong.

Smalling and Jones partnered before Rojo returned. Rojo rerturned and Smalling got dropped.

Rafael has been returned since Dec 20. We have had 10 matches and the last four we used four man defence. Valencia, Jones, McNair have been used while Rafael mostly on the bench or not listed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
Talsima:
SailorXY,

That your post about our defence is wrong.

Smalling and Jones partnered before Rojo returned. Rojo rerturned and Smalling got dropped.

Rafael has been returned since Dec 20. We have had 10mmatches and the last we used four man defence. Valencia, Jones, McNair have been used while Rafael mostly on the bench or not listed.
i hope you remember LvG dropped the 3-5-2 after the loss to Southampton? infact, it was frm the last 30minutes of the next game sef... so where are the 10 matches coming from?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:54pm On Feb 08, 2015
ghana & ivory coast taking us back to 92 final. this is de javu!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 10:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
Carrick plays a long ball every 10.9 mins while Rooney play every 12.11 mins

Mata also plays many long balls.

Rooney has
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:03pm On Feb 08, 2015
avram grant is cursed.
what a way to lose CAN!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
CIV wins the AFCON!

Congrats to Yaya though he has not been influential even close to that of City
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2015
SailorXY:

i hope you remember LvG dropped the 3-5-2 after the loss to Southampton? infact, it was frm the last 30minutes of the next game sef... so where are the 10 matches coming from?

Just unfortunate spamboat banned me. I tabulated evry match one by one,

Go and count all our matches since December 20th Rafel returned against Villa. 6 matches with back three, 4 matches with back four. Jones used in right back in almost all the back three. Velencia played as fright back in the back four with McNair used once. Rafael has been on the bench while Val played the right back in four men defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
chrisley024:
CIV wins the AFCON!

Congrats to Yaya though he has not been influential even close to that of City

i could have shot that CIV goalie. his gamesmanship ruined it for ghana. he kept wasting time, rolling on the floor & piling on pressure on the next ghana player to take the shootout.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
talsima,elampiro,elampiro2 abeg no argument with coogar or anybdy... Nxt match Burnley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
coogar:

i could have shot that CIV goalie. his gamesmanship ruined it for ghana. he kept wasting time, rolling on the floor & piling on pressure on the next ghana player to take the shootout.
Maybe worked for him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:21pm On Feb 08, 2015
a lot of comedy in this AFCON
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
Talsima:

Just unfortunate spamboat banned me. I tabulated evry match one by one,

Go and count all our matches since December 20th Rafel returned against Villa. 6 matches with back three, 4 matches with back four. Jones used in right back in almost all the back three. Velencia played as fright back in the back four with McNair used once. Rafael has been on the bench while Val played the right back in four men defence.
ok let's give it up. hopefully we gather enough points to end up in top 3
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
afrodoc2:

Mr man you are confused!
Why are you arguing with yourself? 1st you said he was player of the year nobody argued, now you are saying he is a scam.
Now i believe he has truly been bursting your head, only head trauma can cause your symptoms grin
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:07am On Feb 09, 2015
Caveatemptor:

And why doesn't Louis Van Gaal ever get off his fat arze and come to the touch line to organise or reorganise his team? All coaches do it except him and it reeks of arrogance.
He just sits there scibbling his mad scientist theories in his note pad before deciding to play more playerdout of position in the next match.

Maybe they should insert a clause in his contract 'forcing' him to do so. It is just ridiculously annoying! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 10:45am On Feb 09, 2015
Januzaj made just 22 passes and had 59% pass accuracy. Fellaini had just 63% accuracy.

Rooney and Blind made the highest passes and came out with same accuracy- 82%. Although it could be said Blind made more forward passes, it is expected that DM make more forward passes than CMs.

Surprisingly, Di Maria (83%) had the 2nd highest pass accuracy behind Valencia 87%.

I am bringing up this because Rooney is always a scapegoat whereas Januzaj offered nothing in the midfield. Januzaj offered nothing defensively, nothing offensively and nothing at the middle of the park (midfieldsively)grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 11:07am On Feb 09, 2015
When we are playing against Agbegi opponents like West Ham, I think Falcao should not be used. Van Persie should be paired upfront with Rooney or Wilson. Unsuccessful touch and dispossess stat shows that Di Maria, Falcao and Januzaj were not near as comfortable as Van Persie and Rooney. Rooney's ability to drop deep to complement the midfield would have even helped us yesterday. I remember how we did it so easily last season when Rooney dropped deep to join Jones in the middle and we took over possession suddenly. Welbeck eventually had a field day in the number 9.

I think we are in a dilemma on benching Januzaj as a result of interest from PSG. Also, some ex United player criticized Gaal for not using him. The boy is good but he is being forced into the starting line up in a star studded team. More worrying is the number of minutes he was given despite his non existence on the pitch yesterday. I am not saying he shouldn't be used, but I don't see any reason why Fellaini shouldn't have been in our midfield from the start yesterday considering the physicality of the opposition.

Gaal's statement that Fellaini is a striker meant he (Fellaini) has to embrace the bench. Januzaj is now preferred to Fellaini and Mata in midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:37am On Feb 09, 2015
we played so well yesterday.........but the disappointing thing was that it was only for about 20 mins - after west ham got their goal.

if we played like that in the first half, we would have won by 2-3 goals. even within that 20 mins, we could have scored more goals with falcao missing a big chance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 11:48am On Feb 09, 2015
Gaal.
On the introduction of Fellaini after 72 minutes, Van Gaal said: “I have done that already a lot of times with Fellaini, so that is not new. West Ham should know that. With him we have more power. With Adnan and [Angel] Di Maria, we have more creative players. That's why the second ball you cannot always win. [We] have to win that second ball otherwise I will always have to line-up players like Fellaini.” ......

“I thought that we played very badly in the first half, West Ham were much better. They won every second ball and when we had the ball we lost the ball so easily, without great pressure of West Ham. It was very poor in the first half.

Source: The independent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2015
Talsima:
When we are playing against Agbegi opponents like West Ham, I think Falcao should not be used. Van Persie should be paired upfront with Rooney or Wilson. Unsuccessful touch and dispossess stat shows that Di Maria, Falcao and Januzaj were not near as comfortable as Van Persie and Rooney. Rooney's ability to drop deep to complement the midfield would have even helped us yesterday. I remember how we did it so easily last season when Rooney dropped deep to join Jones in the middle and we took over possession suddenly. Welbeck eventually had a field day in the number 9.

I think we are in a dilemma on benching Januzaj as a result of interest from PSG. Also, some ex United player criticized Gaal for not using him. The boy is good but he is being forced into the starting line up in a star studded team. More worrying is the number of minutes he was given despite his non existence on the pitch yesterday. I am not saying he shouldn't be used, but I don't see any reason why Fellaini shouldn't have been in our midfield from the start yesterday considering the physicality of the opposition.

Gaal's statement that Fellaini is a striker meant he (Fellaini) has to embrace the bench. Januzaj is now preferred to Fellaini and Mata in midfield.
LvG is making some selection mistakes. its only more surprising that you have to defend Rooney's inclusion in midfield because its Lord Rooney - its a shame honestly.

only one or two of Rooney, van Persie & Falcao should get to start/be on the pitch together. the 'they must all play' is not even helping them individually.

players like Januzaj, Nani, Young can give maximum output in a 4-3-3 formation. I don't see where best they can be comfortable in the 4-4-2 diamond, except the no.10 role.

we have enough talents to be flexible & menacing enough, but I don't know why LvG seem confused yet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 11:52am On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:
we played so well yesterday.........but the disappointing thing was that it was only for about 20 mins - after west ham got their goal.

if we played like that in the first half, we would have won by 2-3 goals. even within that 20 mins, we could have scored more goals with falcao missing a big chance.

I think Gaal doesn't always have to wait till half time to pass instructions. He can send Giggs to shout his instructions. Gaal saw we lost every second ball. He saw many back passes, but he waited till half time. Sometimes, the player might not even know they are doing something wrong.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:53am On Feb 09, 2015
before we blame van gaal for selection problems.....i hope you guys are aware star players like rooney, RVP, mata, falcao, di maria all have a huge clause in their contracts stating how many games they must play. that quota has to be filled regardless of form.

i think LVG's hands are tied.
falcao was ed woodward's signing to prove to united fans that what happened last season was a fluke. somehow, he must play in most games. RVP + rooney have endorsement clauses to fulfil, so are di maria & juan mata.

Talsima:

I think Gaal doesn't always have to wait till half time to pass instructions. He can send Giggs to shout his instructions. Gaal saw we lost every second ball. He saw many back passes, but he waited till half time. Sometimes, the player might not even know they are doing something wrong.

we lost every second ball because the rooney you hyped over the weekend as a midfield general was hopeless in the midfield. he assisted kouyate's goal. with a much more power in his header, that ball would have been cleared.

this is why smalling must always play when fit. he's the only defender in our squad that wants the aerial ball pumped into our box. he goes for every one of them and he wins most of them. jones was badly positioned for their first & then collided with rooney.

instructions are overrated......
wenger stood all through at the technical area against spurs and they lost. a good manager ought to have dished out instructions before kick-off. van gaal is not an apprentice, he's an old dog in this game. when he won 6 in a row, was he at the touchline barking out instructions?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:
before we blame van gaal for selection problems.....i hope you guys are aware star players like rooney, RVP, mata, falcao, di maria all have a huge clause in their contracts stating how many games they must play. that quota has to be filled regardless of form.

i think LVG's hands are tied.
falcao was ed woodward's signing to prove to united fans that what happened last season was a fluke. somehow, he must play in most games. RVP + rooney have endorsement clauses to fulfil, so are di maria & juan mata.

we lost every second ball because the rooney you hyped over the weekend as a midfield general was hopeless in the midfield. he assisted kouyate's goal. with a much more power in his header, that ball would have been cleared.

this is why smalling must always play when fit. he's the only defender in our squad that wants the aerial ball pumped into our box. he goes for every one of them and he wins most of them. jones was badly positioned for their first & then collided with rooney.

instructions are overrated......
wenger stood all through at the technical area against spurs and they lost. a good manager ought to have dished out instructions before kick-off. van gaal is not an apprentice, he's an old dog in this game. when he won 6 in a row, was he at the touchline barking out instructions?

Even the best defenders and midfielders make more serious mistakes. Rooney even tried to have got a head to that ball in a densely packed box players ruffled themselve. I am sure you saw Athletico's goal (4th goal), the defenders went to sleep when a simple ball was allowed to drop from on high unchallenged to standing Athletico Madrid players.

We concede from set plays too when Samlling plays. It's just that you over emphasize something at all of a sudden they look true. But a second look for any who cares to investigate usually reveal otherwise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
Talsima:

Even the best defenders and midfielders make more serious mistakes. Rooney even tried to have got a head to that ball in a densely packed box players ruffled themselve. I am sure you saw Athletico's goal (4th goal), the defenders went to sleep when a simple ball was allowed to drop from on high unchallenged to standing Athletico Madrid players.

rooney tried?
tried to get contact with the ball? why the heck is he getting paid? if he's not suited for that role, why was he in the box at all? the goal we conceded was disgusting. kouyate made 3 toüches in our box before scoring.

it's criminal!

We concede from set plays too when Samlling plays. It's just that you over emphasize something at all of a sudden they look true. But a second look for any who cares to investigate usually reveal otherwise.

conceding from set plays isn't the issue here but the manner by which the goals were conceded. if kouyate had scored from a straight header then one can raise his hands up that he was just better at heading the ball than his marker but was that the case here?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

rooney tried?
tried to get contact with the ball? why the heck is he getting paid? if he's not suited for that role, why was he in the box at all? the goal we conceded was disgusting. kouyate made 3 toüches in our box before scoring.

it's criminal!

conceding from set plays isn't the issue here but the manner by which the goals were conceded. if kouyate had scored from a straight header then one can raise his hands up that he was just better at heading the ball than his marker but was that the case here?

Watch that clip again. Rooney did well to have won that header against a much taller Kouyate. But there was no one on hand to close Kouyate down as Rooney struggled to regain balance.

It's a goal from a goalmouth scramble. Chikena.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
Talsima:

Watch that clip again. Rooney did well to have won that header against a much taller Kouyate. But there was no one on hand to close Kouyate down as Rooney struggled to regain balance.

It's a goal from a goalmouth scramble. Chikena.

rooney shouldn't have headed the ball at all then. he made an assist to kouyate. if you are going to touch the ball, go hard with it and put it out of the danger area. rooney did more damage by touching the ball, west ham wouldn't have scored had rooney missed the ball completely.

rooney's incompetence gets worse and worse the more you look at the goal we conceded. phil jones shouldn't be starting for us. smalling-rojo partnership secure us better than clueless jones.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 12:49pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

rooney shouldn't have headed the ball at all then. he made an assist to kouyate. if you are going to touch the ball, go hard with it and put it out of the danger area. rooney did more damage by touching the ball, west ham wouldn't have scored had rooney missed the ball completely.

How can you rule that someone who attempted to prevent a close header on DDG did more damage? Have you not seen world class defenders headed weakly into their own box? Rooney has been very good in clearing balls for us from dangerous situation in the box. He was put under pressure by a taller player.

* See below video for a recent example of a defender heading down in his own box.

I will like you to review all Madrid goals conceded by Madrid, particularly the 4th goal. I can't find it yet on youtube. Rooney won't do as bad as Verane did that day. Never ever and ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxVfvjZ-KIo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
Talsima:

How can you rule that someone who attempted to prevent a close header on DDG did more damage? Have you not seen world class defenders headed weakly into their own box? Rooney has been very good in clearing balls for us from dangerous situation in the box. He was put under pressure by a taller player.

what rooney has done in the past with clearing header is irrelevant here. his clearing header was poor and he gifted kouyate an assist. if he cannot defend headers, he should get out of the box. blind was covering the flight of the ball and would have dealt with it had rooney not attacked the ball timidly.

I will like you to review all Madrid goals conceded by Madrid, particularly the 4th goal. I can't find it yet on youtube. Rooney won't do as bad as Verane did that day. Never ever and ever.

don't use varane's poor performance to excuse rooney. madrid were not playing west ham. if hapless teams like west ham can bully rooney in the box then why is he playing for united? rooney - useless in attack, even more useless in defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

what rooney has done in the past with clearing header is irrelevant here. his clearing header was poor and he gifted kouyate an assist. if he cannot defend headers, he should get out of the box. blind was covering the flight of the ball and would have dealt with it had rooney not attacked the ball timidly.

don't use varane's poor performance to excuse rooney. madrid were not playing west ham. if hapless teams like west ham can bully rooney in the box then why is he playing for united? rooney - useless in attack, even more useless in defence.

There was nothing wrong with that header, except there was no one to clear. We have seen Rooney, Mata, Fellaini clear a second ball from Smalling's weak header.

* Let me take you back. Di Maria missed a one vs one against Arsenal. Do you remember how that move started? The ball was cleared into our box by a defender, then Rooney was on hand to pick it up, went past one or two markers before sending Maria through...

The mistake was allowing so much space for an opposition to have to have two seconds with a second ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

rooney's incompetence gets worse and worse the more you look at the goal we conceded. phil jones shouldn't be starting for us. smalling-rojo partnership secure us better than clueless jones.

Hahahahah, this clip says it all. Without Rooney's header, it was Henner Valencia's free header if Kouyate left it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, Ellexy, eph12(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.