Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,048 members, 7,838,651 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8800916 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) ... (14184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
Talsima:
Shocking stats for Di Maria in 2015. Playing one of the best passing and crossing players in the world out of position is taking its toll.

Goal 0
Assist 0
Chances created 8
Shooting Accuracy 20%
Crossing accuracy 12%

I saw the above.

Hehehehehe........! see fabulous excuse grin shocked grin shocked " Playing one of the best passing and crossing players in the world out of position is taking its toll." Una go come dey tell us say the guy better pass hazard with useless stats tongue Mscheeeeeew
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 5:03pm On Feb 10, 2015
diggz:

Hehehehehe........! see fabulous excuse grin shocked grin shocked " Playing one of the best passing and crossing players in the world out of position is taking its toll." Una go come dey tell us say the guy better pass hazard with useless stats tongue Mscheeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
United Today:

Paddy McNair has signed a new contract until at least June 2017 at United - a reward for his displays during his debut season in the first team. He has made 12 appearances for the Reds this term.

The boss wasn't happy with accusations in the press that United play a long-ball game because of the negative connotations that implies. Here's his point of difference: "You have to look at the data and then you will see that we did play long balls, but long balls wide, rather than to the striker. A ball to the forward striker is mainly called long ball play. We are playing ball possession play."

Ball possession long-ball grin to the wide by the captain of the team undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
Jose Mourinho: Robin van Persie should be charged over 'elbow'

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31373879
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
chrisley024:
United Today:

Paddy McNair has signed a new contract until at least June 2017 at United - a reward for his displays during his debut season in the first team. He has made 12 appearances for the Reds this term.

The boss wasn't happy with accusations in the press that United play a long-ball game because of the negative connotations that implies. Here's his point of difference: "You have to look at the data and then you will see that we did play long balls, but long balls wide, rather than to the striker. A ball to the forward striker is mainly called long ball play. We are playing ball possession play."

Ball possession long-ball grin to the wide by the captain of the team undecided

More like an approval of the 'long balls wide' by the boss.

He is aware of the long balls to the wide areas (Valencia, Young, Di Maria and Januzaj) but he is not correcting it, perhaps because the strikers are not freeing themselves from the opposition full backs.

If he wanted to, he could correct this style of play. However, I think Rooney stiil plays the highest number of long balls to our strikers. Some are not connected while many have been squandered.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:28pm On Feb 10, 2015
Beautiful pass by Lamela for Kane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 9:28pm On Feb 10, 2015
Harry Kane again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
Talsima:
Harry Kane again.

he gets the CCCs
our AMs are rarely that incisive unless mata is in the hole.

juan mata at work!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
make united score early 4 me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:57pm On Feb 10, 2015
Using 3 at the back limits the movement and makes the team more predictable.
Just take a look at L'pool and Spurs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
coogar:

he gets the CCCs
our AMs are rarely that incisive unless mata is in the hole.

juan mata at work!

Who gets CCC as much as Falcao and RVP? Even Di Maria sef.

I also want to believe you haven't been watching Kane. He does the damage himself majority of the time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:02pm On Feb 10, 2015
chrisley024:
Using 3 at the back limits the movement and makes the team more predictable.
Just take a look at L'pool and Spurs.

but they all use lone strikers.
which of VP, rooney or falcao can you bench? the situation is very different.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
Talsima:

Who gets CCC as much as Falcao and RVP? Even Di Maria sef.

I also want to believe you haven't been watching Kane. He does the damage himself majority of the time.

until you realise 2 striker system like falcao + RVP hinders forward play then you wouldn't understand. with costa, kane, aguero, etc - there are 3 creators. they are all looking at feeding the arrow head the ball.

with united - you have 2 number-9s getting in each other's way when the play converges. van gaal also uses them to play away from each other to stretch the central halves apart so that the middle can be split open.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
coogar:

but they all use lone strikers.
which of VP, rooney or falcao can you bench? the situation is very different.
main reason we've lacked movt in the midfield
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2015
coogar:

until you realise 2 striker system like falcao + RVP hinders forward play then you wouldn't understand. with costa, kane, aguero, etc - there are 3 creators. they are all looking at feeding the arrow head the ball.

with united - you have 2 number-9s getting in each other's way when the play converges. van gaal also uses them to play away from each other to stretch the central halves apart so that the middle can be split open.

Gaal mistake is that he doesn't know Arjen Robben was 3 players for him. He was a number 10, number 7 and a striker for Netherlands.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:47pm On Feb 10, 2015
Talsima:

Gaal mistake is that he doesn't know Arjen Robben was 3 players for him. He was a number 10, number 7 and a striker for Netherlands.

so what was sneijder?
number-5?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 10:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
coogar:

so what was sneijder?
number-5?

Half 10, Half 11.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
My dear United..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
Talsima:

Half 10, Half 11.

what was blind then? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 10:58pm On Feb 10, 2015
coogar:

what was blind then? grin

Too many questions o. Didn't u watch their matches? Sneidjer was often drifting wide from his position, while Robben had the license to play anywhere. Robben used the number 7 and middle a lot pushing players away from their positions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
Talsima:

Too many questions o. Didn't u watch their matches? Sneidjer was often drifting wide from his position, while Robben had the license to play anywhere. Robben used the number 7 and middle a lot pushing players away from their positions.

robben played as a striker - he partnered van persie. of course, he's a natural winger and a good dribbler. so he could collect the ball, run with it & cause damage.

sneijder played in the hole behind them. blind was the wing back. the cross that VP scored with a superman header from was from blind - he provided the width.

the tactics were very simple & after a while - holland became boring to watch. they set themselves to control games, not necessarily to win them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 11:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
coogar:

robben played as a striker - he partnered van persie. of course, he's a natural winger and a good dribbler. so he could collect the ball, run with it & cause damage.

sneijder played in the hole behind them. blind was the wing back. the cross that VP scored with a superman header from was from blind - he provided the width.

the tactics were very simple & after a while - holland became boring to watch. they set themselves to control games, not necessarily to win them.

I watch all Netherland's matches. I have described what transpired on the pitch and not what they were sent out to position. The last role Robben played was a striker (which he was meant to play). He was first a winger on the right, then a killer via the middle before a striker. Sneidjer was mostly anonymous. Kyte (is that d spelling again?) Occupied the right while Robben wasn't there. The wing backs were not as attack minded as they were defence minded. Robben was three man in the attack which compensated for the whole team attacking weakness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 11:15pm On Feb 10, 2015
Even against Brazil it was Robben who dribbled through the middle enroute to winninng the penalty for the opening goal. Against Argentina, there were Robben vs Mascherano situations in the middle, even in the middle left of the field.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 12:02am On Feb 11, 2015
Talsima:

I watch all Netherland's matches. I have described what transpired on the pitch and not what they were sent out to position. The last role Robben played was a striker (which he was meant to play). He was first a winger on the right, then a killer via the middle before a striker. Sneidjer was mostly anonymous. Kyte (is that d spelling again?) Occupied the right while Robben wasn't there. The wing backs were not as attack minded as they were defence minded. Robben was three man in the attack which compensated for the whole team attacking weakness.
what r u saying?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:06am On Feb 11, 2015
Talsima:

so tell me....
which game particularly was robben a right winger. i have all the opta charts of the world cup games sitting on my phone. start listing the games robben played as a winger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 12:07am On Feb 11, 2015
A big top of the long ball table clash tomorrow, I wonder who will lob it forward more. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 12:15am On Feb 11, 2015
coogar:

I think you have forgotten that Van Persie was a lone striker in four matches we played 4-1-4-1, with Mata and Fellaini or Mata and Herrera behind him. I could only remeber he scored just one goal against Chelsea.

Wser Brom 2-2 Mata Herrera Blind behind RVP.
Chelsea 1-1 Mata, Fellaini and Blind
Man City 1-0 Fellaini, Rooney and Blind/Carrick
Palace 1-0 Carrick, Rooney and Fellaini

But he paired with Rooney in a two striker formation and he scored two goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 12:17am On Feb 11, 2015
parrotibaba:
what r u saying?
Sneidjer was one of their poorest playerS.

I just checked whoscored rating. Sneidjer was rated 6.17 vs Argentina which was the lowest of the players that completed 90 mins. He was only better than RVP. The first I checked.

Sneidjer was most dispossed sef. No single dribble grin and lots more megedefede stats
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 12:22am On Feb 11, 2015
coogar:

so tell me....
which game particularly was robben a right winger. i have all the opta charts of the world cup games sitting on my phone. start listing the games robben played as a winger.

Charts cannot answer this. Only heat maps. Charts wont tell you how Rooben dribbled from centre circle into the wing and cuts into the edge of the box before taking a left foot shot. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:38am On Feb 11, 2015
Talsima:

Charts cannot answer this. Only heat maps. Charts wont tell you how Rooben dribbled from centre circle into the wing and cuts into the edge of the box before taking a left foot shot. grin

charts will show where he receives his passes the most.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 12:38am On Feb 11, 2015
Talsima:
Sneidjer was one of their poorest playerS.

I just checked whoscored rating. Sneidjer was rated 6.17 vs Argentina which was the lowest of the players that completed 90 mins. He was only better than RVP. The first I checked.

Sneidjer was most dispossed sef. No single dribble grin and lots more megedefede stats

More on Sneidjer vs Argentina

Pass accuracy of 83% which was one of the worst. No tackle won even when RVP won a tackle and many other players won several tackles.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 12:40am On Feb 11, 2015
coogar:

charts will show where he receives his passes the most.

I didnt say he played as a winger in a particular match. I said he played free role in every match such that he was in the wings, in midfield and in striking position.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) ... (14184) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.