Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,249 members, 7,867,649 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:36 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8885168 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
Talsima:

There was nothing wrong with that header, except there was no one to clear. We have seen Rooney, Mata, Fellaini clear a second ball from Smalling's weak header.

it's the poorest clearing header you will ever see at the top level, the ball didn't travel more than 2 feet. grin

* Let me take you back. Di Maria missed a one vs one against Arsenal. Do you remember how that move started? The ball was cleared into our box by a defender, then Rooney was on hand to pick it up, went past one or two markers before sending Maria through...

we didn't concede from it, this example is irrelevant.

The mistake was allowing so much space for an opposition to have to have two seconds with a second ball.

the poor header caused the space. rooney took the ball away from jones who was in a better position to head clear. jones had ceded his good position by colliding with rooney. that momentary lapse gifted kouyate all the space he needed to drive his shot into our net.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

it's the poorest clearing header you will ever see at the top level, the ball didn't travel more than 2 feet. grin

How can when some even score own goals? grin

coogar:

we didn't concede from it, this example is irrelevant.

It's an evidence it happens to even natural defenders or world class defenders.

coogar:

the poor header caused the space. rooney took the ball away from jones who was in a better position to head clear. jones had ceded his good position by colliding with rooney. that momentary lapse gifted kouyate all the space he needed to drive his shot into our net.

I want to believe you never played competitive football. At that point Rooney doesn't see Jones or even hear him. His all attention would be concentrated on preventing a clear header from Kounate or Valencia. The closeness of the ball to the goalkeeper meant anything had to be done to prevent West Ham contact. The cation took part in the 6 yard box.

Two other possibilities. First, a keeper like DDG would have read the flight of the ball and come out to take it in the air. This is the only area DDG has to work on. I see many EPL keepers do this. VDS saved us countless times in situations like this.

Second, Phil Jones could have shouted for Rooney to leave, but a lot of risk is involved. Rooney might not even hear and it leads to a collusion or that shout could be coming from a West Ham striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
Talsima:

How can when some even score own goals? grin

scoring an own goal from that position would have been a better excuse. at least we would know he gave his best effort but misjudged the direction.

It's an evidence it happens to even natural defenders or world class defenders.

i dare you to produce a clearing header that didn't go further than 2 feet like rooney's poor header. even carrick's weak clearance against bayern that olic scored from wasn't this poor.

I want to believe you never played competitive football. At that point Rooney doesn't see Jones or even hear him. His all attention would be concentrated on preventing a clear header from Kounate or Valencia. The closeness of the ball to the goalkeeper meant anything had to be done to prevent West Ham contact. The cation took part in the 6 yard box.

rooney seeing jones isn't the point. rooney's weak effort is the point. he should be attacking that ball with all power & might. it was a half-hearted clearance. any power to that ball would have taken it out of the box and we can regroup to deal with whatever west ham decided to throw from there.

Two other possibilities. First, a keeper like DDG would have read the flight of the ball and come out to take it in the air. This is the only area DDG has to work on. I see many EPL keepers do this. VDS saved us countless times in situations like this.

that ball isn't a goalkeeper's ball. if he comes out from there, someone might head the ball before de gea gets there into an empty net. you are the one that hasn't played competitive football. the box was crowded and de gea's catching from aerial ball is the best in the league this year.

Second, Phil Jones could have shouted for Rooney to leave, but a lot of risk is involved. Rooney might not even hear and it leads to a collusion or that shout could be coming from a West Ham striker.

thanks for finally admitting jones is a baboon & rooney is a fool. between the two of them, we conceded a needless goal. you cannot blame de gea for that - that is not his ball at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

scoring an own goal from that position would have been a better excuse. at least we would know he gave his best effort but misjudged the direction.

This is an Ekwe sample talk. Pressure causes an own goal, pressure also causes poor clearance.

coogar:

i dare you to produce a clearing header that didn't go further than 2 feet like rooney's poor header. even carrick's weak clearance against bayern that olic scored from wasn't this poor.

They abound every month, I dont have the time to go fetch them. I will remind you soon.

Don'y mention that Carrick's clearance. It was his ball completely but he went to sleep. Carrick was ahead of Olic , and all that Carrick needed to do was to take control or at worst head into corner kick, but how manage Carrick allowed Olic to put him under pressure for the mistake will remain a mystery for thousands of generations to come.

coogar:

rooney seeing jones isn't the point. rooney's weak effort is the point. he should be attacking that ball with all power & might. it was a half-hearted clearance. any power to that ball would have taken it out of the box and we can regroup to deal with whatever west ham decided to throw from there.

It's look easy to you. He possibly went for it with power, sometimes due to the scramble it hits the wrong place in the head other than the intended place.

coogar:

thanks for finally admitting jones is a baboon & rooney is a fool. between the two of them, we conceded a needless goal. you cannot blame de gea for that - that is not his ball at all.

I am telling you what goes in such situation in matches. I only decided to use Rooney and Jones as the characters.

*If DDG wanted to make it his ball, he would have done so easily. Many keepers read the flight of a ball coming into the area, when it is coming to the 6-10 yard within them, it becomes a bonus for them. But our DDG is yet to correct that aspect of his game and it causes opposition to use it as a weapon to mount pressure on us. I saw a situation recently when Courtois made a very threatening situation to look like it was ordinary. He calmed the nerves sorounding a deadly cross. The length at which he came out was very impressive. Other keeprs do it often. But DDG is always on his line even if the threat is from 4 yards.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
any excuse to absolve an incompetent fat föol would do. the ball hit the wrong side of his head? rooney had a clear view of the ball and it was a free header. how rooney failed to get a firm contact with the ball is a miracle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2015
You are always entitled to your own personal opinion- whether right or wrong, whether objective or malicious and whether logical or illogical.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 2:36pm On Feb 09, 2015
This is Olic's goal vs Carrick. This is the first time I have revisited it since that time, but it has ever been in my memory because we were in complete control of the game even at 3-0. Carrick had an option of heading it to Van Der Sar or backwards for Ferdinand to clear the second ball or the best option to head it into touch for a corner kick. But Carrick did non of these.

The clip is 12 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUIkcE5L7yE
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
carrick was fouled!!
VDS' weakness was exposed again.....diving to the left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 2:43pm On Feb 09, 2015
hahaha Carrick was fouled but you failed to see that Kouyate had a hand on Rooney;s shoulder when Rooney jumped for the ball. You are so biased.

Carrick ought to have balanced his body first for the contest, he didn't. Why give the referee chance for that? If he balanced his body well, it would have been an obvious foul. No Man United player even contested for a foul to be awarded. Carrick ate indomie that day. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
cool talsima and coogar...e be like una knw each other b4
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

rooney shouldn't have headed the ball at all then. he made an assist to kouyate. if you are going to touch the ball, go hard with it and put it out of the danger area. rooney did more damage by touching the ball, west ham wouldn't have scored had rooney missed the ball completely.

rooney's incompetence gets worse and worse the more you look at the goal we conceded. phil jones shouldn't be starting for us. smalling-rojo partnership secure us better than clueless jones.

I blame Jones more for the goal. He just can't read games and lacks concentration. Look at the way he left his position, went and collided with Rooney; which distabilized Rooney and put him behind Kouyate. He would have challenged Kouyate if he had remained where he was.

Just watch our defence and you will always see him ahead of his partner.

Another David Luiz. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
^ true that
how he's ahead of Smalling in the pecking order is a mystery. Smalling's brain switches off some times, but defensively, he's immense & got good presence too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
Odunharry:
cool talsima and coogar...e be like una knw each other b4

talsima or talisman = elampawa grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

i know say na elampawa...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2015
Odunharry:

i know say na elampawa...

Pace and pawa.. e get am even for argument grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
Leyqute:

lol..he get power 4 argument and pace to bring article online
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2015
Leyqute:

elampawa is stale then.
we should rename him as pacempawa. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
From tonight's Evening Standard

"I've seen violently expelled body fluids with a more discernible pattern than Louis Van Gaal's side right now"

Choi...

At least no one is lying about improved play these days.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

That's was the initial idea. I made an error, then I liked the name from the error and I left it. grin

Sometimes when I type, I am doing something else or even two other things. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:56pm On Feb 09, 2015
Talsima:

That's was the initial idea. I made an error, then I liked the name from the error and I left it. grin

Sometimes when I type, I am doing something else or even two other things. cheesy

something else = rooney taking his bath.

what do you think about our football yesterday......especially the second half when we had to get a goal by all means necessary?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

rooney is my favourite player? his diagonal ball have the same flight pattern as boko haram scud-missile.

dirty harry!
he must have been pissed with the lack of transfer activities last night. the owner must be an idiöt not to spend about £20m on that squad. QPR will go down - austin can't do it alone.

easy 6 points.... grin cheesy

•west ham 0-2 man utd(rooney brace)

•man utd 4-1 burnley(rooney hatrick, falcao)
looooool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 8:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
Odunharry:

sure...we will win all our home matches..westham and swansea are nt big threat

Here is the real test come 2nd week of march spurs,liverpool,villa,mancity,chelsea,everton in that order
looooooool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 8:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

maximum 15 points in those next 5 games. i can feel it. grin
---------------
---------------
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2039463_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

cheiiiii, rooney is a liability. grin

Can you still feel it?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
sad you talk true small

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 8:16pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

something else = rooney taking his bath.

what do you think about our football yesterday......especially the second half when we had to get a goal by all means necessary?

I wasn't myself yesterday. Our players were just running around like squirrels and my eyes were seeing stars like I had malaria. The TV was circling around my view as the match wore on. We have big fixtures from March and we needed to win all our matches before then to extend the gap from our rivals contesting for UCL spots. There we were chasing West Ham that has lost form.

We played better than the first half. We kept the heat too late. I think overall we went with a plan to cope with West Ham's agbegi football style rather than playing our own game. Blind's equalizer was a big relief at the end and a well deserved reward for our late pressure. I wondered if that ball would have gone in it if it were our other (forward) players who took that volley. It was well directed by Blind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TreQuartista: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
We haven't played Tottenham, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Everton and Arsenal in the return fixtures. Six important fixtures.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
SailorXY:
sad you talk true small

grin grin

Nice one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2015
SailorXY:
sad you talk true small

Buahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
SailorXY, your take on this:

Louis van Gaal admits having a heart-to-heart with Wayne Rooney over his midfield role.
Van Gaal has had a face-to-face with Rooney to explain his thinking about the position he wants him to play for the benefit of the team.
"Communicating and saying my arguments to him why he has to do that. And yes, also sometimes convincing that he has to do something for the team. But I don't think he ever complains about where he has to play.
"And I think he is also liking to play in midfield because he is more on the ball. So he is enjoying it more. What I know is that I cannot change him so easily from midfield to striker.
"I did it once and he was not so good. The change in a match - he doesn't like that. I take that into account.
"I look to the qualities of the player and where a player can perform better for himself. That is what I'm saying to Wayne - your contribution is bigger now when you play at right-half.
"Why? Because you cross the ball and can pass the ball better as you are on the right side. Then you can prepare overlaps for Antonio Valencia.
"And I don't think being captain burdens him. He is accepted as captain so I'm very happy. he is fully accepted by his fellow players."
[Source: Tribal Football]

(1) (2) (3) ... (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.