Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,315 members, 7,867,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8886126 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
chidyke77: i dnt think d nations cup was an obstacle bcus d match started by 8:45pm.

mbulela:
I can't believe you of all people made the comment above.
you fall my hand bad bad.

the nations cup was an obstacle cos i stayed on the channel to watch the delayed transmission of the other group game.
i never even flipped through any sports site to check there were midweek games.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
afrodoc: United said to be interested in both Wanyama and Strootman but to acquire only one of them.who would u guys prefer to come to Old Trafford

Strootman. He seems to have more to his game from what I have heard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:55pm On Jan 30, 2013
I really not sure about Wanyama or Strootman. Ive only seen Wanyama once V Barca where he was immense. But thats a once off game. Ive seen nothing of strootman so I have no idea how good he is. I would take either one of them though aslong as they have solid steal in midfield, great engine and good in possession.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2013
De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Welbeck, Carrick, Anderson, Kagawa, Rooney, van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Da Silva, Ferdinand, Valencia, Nani, Cleverley, Buttner.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On Jan 30, 2013
dem no lock this thread?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
7 point lead restored. At least we proved we can defend while being battered in the final 45 mins of our last 2 matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
Our super midfield and expert goalkeeper combo should be enough to beat everybody else on the face of the planet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2013
montelik: 7 point lead restored. At least we proved we can defend while being battered in the final 45 mins of our last 2 matches.

rubbish game - wont be watching the rerun on this one.....watched the spurs game thrice! that was the best defensive display we have put up in 3 yrs. vidic won everything lumped at him!

7 points restored but i don't trust fergie!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 11:06pm On Jan 30, 2013
that was one stink of a match.
The whole performance was reeking of poo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
That second half was utter wankk.
Ruined my night
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:33am On Jan 31, 2013
montelik:

Strootman. He seems to have more to his game from what I have heard.

i think u r right,strootman is the more technically proficient of the 2 but though he is strong for the dutch league he is not the physical specimen that wanyama is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2013
I dont subscribe to players who have to be a physical specimen to make it at the highest level. They dont tend to have long careers in my experience. Technique and intelligence I find to be more important. As long as they're not lazy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 02, 2013
wen pple talk about d need for us to get a physically strong MF, paul pogba's exploits wif juventus immediately come to my mind and it saddens me. D boi is now a regular for juve, and he is scoring goals(especially by taking long range shots). Wif his physique, i see him being d next viera or yaya toure. Scholes is d only MF we hav dts capable of taking long shots, and as we all knw, he seems to hav erased dt part of his game, and besides, he is at d end of his career.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
Can we please stop mentioning the Pogba on this thread. Its no use pining for a player who willingly left without looking back. How about we pine for our own players, or players might actually have a chance of playing here in the future.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
montelik: Can we please stop mentioning the Pogba on this thread. Its no use pining for a player who willingly left without looking back. How about we pine for our own players, or players might actually have a chance of playing here in the future.

pogba was our player - played in our youth academy but that fool mr ferguson let him go. what is the probability he would not let the other youth players go as well when he relies on old graggy bastards like giggs/scholes?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
^^^ Whatever, fact is he is gone. Can we please stop talking about a player who made no contribution during his time here. There are more productive discussions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
pogba left cos fergie didnt do enof to kip him. It still baffles me why fergie was so keen to pay upto 30m for an unknown and untested 19yr old in lucas moura, and he cldnt even strive to keep pogba, who had shown so much promise. And dnt lets decieve ourselves, pogba is betta dan dt over-hyped cleverly. Dis thread was opened for man utd fans to air der views and opinions wotesover. Nobody has any right to determine weda certain views r important or not. #enof sed#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:49pm On Feb 02, 2013
montelik: ^^^ Whatever, fact is he is gone. Can we please stop talking about a player who made no contribution during his time here. There are more productive discussions.

like what? which other productive discussions?
i hope we meet juventus soon and pogba destroys our midfield just to stick it in fergie's face. after the transfer saga that was almost an embarrassment for us when we were accused of stealing pogba, we allowed the boy to leave by playing 2 old fools. in the next few years, the old players would have to retire but we would have had pogba for the next 10 yrs if we e wanted to. you want to gag me from speaking the truth?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
dademola: pogba left cos fergie didnt do enof to kip him. It still baffles me why fergie was so keen to pay upto 30m for an unknown and untested 19yr old in lucas moura, and he cldnt even strive to keep pogba, who had shown so much promise. And dnt lets decieve ourselves, pogba is betta dan dt over-hyped cleverly. Dis thread was opened for man utd fans to air der views and opinions wotesover. Nobody has any right to determine weda certain views r important or not. #enof sed#

All true, but how many times will say this same story regarding Pogba, its tiring to keep seeing every 2 days. Its done, no going back now. As for me, I'm tired of crying over spilled milk.

P.S I was not trying determining whether certain views are valid or invalid and I doubt I could even if I wanted to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
coogar:

like what? which other productive discussions?
i hope we meet juventus soon and pogba destroys our midfield just to stick it in fergie's face. after the transfer saga that was almost an embarrassment for us when we were accused of stealing pogba, we allowed the boy to leave by playing 2 old fools. in the next few years, the old players would have to retire but we would have had pogba for the next 10 yrs if we e wanted to. you want to gag me from speaking the truth?

You aren't saying anything new and we have all made this point several times on this thread. Why continue repeating what we all know and agree on? We have Madrid soon e.t.c lets discuss new topics not repeat the same points that we have made time without number.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
Did any1 see dat parry 4rm Cech? Nt 4rm DDG dis tym!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2013
chrisley024: Did any1 see dat parry 4rm Cech? Nt 4rm DDG dis tym!

If DDG had conceded the goals Cech did today, the media/pundits and some fans would be blaming him for costing us points. That is how biased and ridiculous the standard to which he is held has gotten.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 5:56pm On Feb 02, 2013
Looking forward to this match angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
Newcastle's scouting department is good at unearthing some real value signings. Maybe can poach some of their technique. Since Chicharito, its been a while since we unearthed a real gem/value signing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
Team: De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Cleverley, Valencia, Rooney, Van Persie

Subs: Amos, Anderson, Giggs, Smalling, Hernandez, Welbeck, Kagawa.

I hope Vidic is okay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
I am quickly losing all faith in Valencia. Nani is frustrating, but at least he creates chaos in the opposition from time to time. Valencia is simply atrocious. Its says how bad he is that I would move Nani to the right and bring on Giggs/Kagawa even Welbeck to play on the left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
montelik: Newcastle's scouting department is good at unearthing some real value signings. Maybe can poach some of their technique. Since Chicharito, its been a while since we unearthed a real gem/value signing.

van persie!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
I can't believe Hernandez missed that one on one chance to ice the game. I had to look again to ensure it wasn't Welbeck or RVP.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 02, 2013
. . .Waiting for any numpty to come here and bash Wayne Rooney here again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:55pm On Feb 02, 2013
montelik: I can't believe Hernandez missed that one on one chance to ice the game. I had to look again to ensure it wasn't Welbeck or RVP.

anybody can miss a chance - the most important thing is the 3 points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
StarBoard: . . .Waiting for any numpty to come here and bash Wayne Rooney here again.

When he plays bad I will point it out, when he plays well I will give praise. No one is above accountability on this team, besides SAF. Until Wayne reaches legend status (e.g Cantona, Keane, Schmeichel) he will not be above questioning, same for every one else on this team (bar Giggs and Scholes).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
Rooney's form is coming just when we need him. RVP seems to be tailing off, Carrick isn't looking as good as before and our wing play is poor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.