Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878068 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
StarBoard: . . .Waiting for any numpty to come here and bash Wayne Rooney here again.

Na who been dey bash Rooney?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
^^ nobody oh, its just when we point out his poor performances and coogar exaggerates in his usual fashion e.g Rooney has the worst bottom level of any footballer. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
montelik: ^^ nobody oh, its just when we point out his poor performances and coogar exaggerates in his usual fashion e.g Rooney has the worst bottom level of any footballer. grin

of course he does - when he's on his game, rooney can be unplayable! however, when things are not going good for him, he can be as shyte as chukwu ndukwe. even the basics are screwed up by him. he was the reason we dropped points at swansea. the bottom level of rooney is the lowest in our squad!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:05am On Feb 03, 2013
Rooney just showing that despite RVP, he is still the man at man utd. Which is always good to see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:09am On Feb 03, 2013
Mr_TA: Rooney just showing that despite RVP, he is still the man at man utd. Which is always good to see.

they should keep it up for madrid!
no injuries, no hamstrings. our flanks are suffering lately. valencia is totally shyte lately!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:19am On Feb 03, 2013
Thanks 2 Rooney 4 his goal n Rafael n VP 4 dia clearance dat gave us dis 3 pts. I get pissed off seein AV playin 4 us n i must say Clev is an average midfielder; nt strong, has simple n predictable passes, cnt dribble, etc. He is too average 2 be in Manu 1st 11
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 03, 2013
chrisley024: Thanks 2 Rooney 4 his goal n Rafael n VP 4 dia clearance dat gave us dis 3 pts. I get pissed off seein AV playin 4 us n i must say Clev is an average midfielder; nt strong, has simple n predictable passes, cnt dribble, etc. He is too average 2 be in Manu 1st 11
very true, bro!! For d past 3 mnths or so, our wing play has been poor, and dis attests to why fergie experiments wit d diamond formation atimes. If i say certain tinz now, sme pple will say i criticize too much, I've alws sed dt Cleverly isnt good enof to play for utd, and he kips proving me right in every game. I believe he is d weakest link in d team.fergie seems to believe so much in d guy (maybe cos things r going well for d team) bt mehn..... He's not doing d 3 lions any good by starting dis guy on a weekly basis, cuz wif england's dependence on such average and over-hyped players, i can fully understand why england has been underachieving in major competitions. As per d match, i think twas a good one. Ts like our defence has improved ova d last 4 matches or so, and wif d madrid games looming, we cldnt be more pleased wif dat. Ronaldo oooo..... *shivers*
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SEGAD: 10:06am On Feb 03, 2013
chrisley024: Thanks 2 Rooney 4 his goal n Rafael n VP 4 dia clearance dat gave us dis 3 pts. I get pissed off seein AV playin 4 us n i must say Clev is an average midfielder; nt strong, has simple n predictable passes, cnt dribble, etc. He is too average 2 be in Manu 1st 11

I totally disagree with you on Clev, the guy is the best thing that happened to us last season. We should stop talking like Chealse fans that watch back of TV. Appreciate good things and criticize constructively.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SEGAD: 10:07am On Feb 03, 2013

I totally disagree with you on Clev, the guy is the best thing that happened to us last season. We should stop talking like Chealse fans that watch back of TV. Appreciate good things and criticize constructively. Proudly United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:41am On Feb 03, 2013
montelik: ^^ nobody oh, its just when we point out his poor performances and coogar exaggerates in his usual fashion e.g Rooney has the worst bottom level of any footballer. grin

Well we all know Rooney is a fantastic player to have in our team as has been shown over the years, but as a human he would have some stinkers and should/would be bashed for those as other players get bashed. The problem sometimes we take the bashing too far and a player of Rooneys stature is guaranteed to give a sterling performance over the course of a season albeit have patches of stinkers. So yes we can bash him for some perfomances but we know he is a great/effective player overall.

I don't know who else you want in that midfield if not cleverly, atleast for his mobility. Don't understand why you would get pissed at cleverly. He is fast becoming a regular and I very much appreciate his game.

Don't know what formation Fergie wants to play against Madrid but I would like to see Carrick, Cleverly and Anderson on the field, Nani Rooney and Van Persie. The CB might be tricky but Evra and rafael at fullback and ?CB. That position get as e b for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2013
coded guy:

Well we all know Rooney is a fantastic player to have in our team as has been shown over the years, but as a human he would have some stinkers and should/would be bashed for those as other players get bashed. The problem sometimes we take the bashing too far and a player of Rooneys stature is guaranteed to give a sterling performance over the course of a season albeit have patches of stinkers. So yes we can bash him for some perfomances but we know he is a great/effective player overall.

I don't know who else you want in that midfield if not cleverly, atleast for his mobility. Don't understand why you would get pissed at cleverly. He is fast becoming a regular and I very much appreciate his game.

Don't know what formation Fergie wants to play against Madrid but I would like to see Carrick, Cleverly and Anderson on the field, Nani Rooney and Van Persie. The CB might be tricky but Evra and rafael at fullback and ?CB. That position get as e b for us.

This is the best we can provide for now and it wld definately work for us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2013
9 points clear... and counting cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
9pts clear babe!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:52pm On Feb 03, 2013
SEGAD:

I totally disagree with you on Clev, the guy is the best thing that happened to us last season. We should stop talking like Chealse fans that watch back of TV. Appreciate good things and criticize constructively. Proudly United
D fact is dat we fans hv bcum complacent wit many average players we've like Clev. Tell me wat else he has except his wkrate wich is nt enof 2 put him in our 1st team. He lacks creativity, easily out muscled, cnt dribble n uncomfortable wit d ball, has no spark bt kips tins too simple, only runin around like a headless chicken. He's average 2 be in d 1st team cos dis is United nt some mid table team ( he can make d bench bt nt 1st team yet) n if he is d reason SAF didnt get a mid, then i hope we dnt regret it in Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2013
Yawa don gas. Carrick is out with a hip injury, suspected he might be out at least a fortnight. cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2013
montelik: Yawa don gas. Carrick is out with a hip injury, suspected he might be out at least a fortnight. cry

ando-clev, please!
thankfully, we don't have any tough fixture coming up so we should be fine!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
^^^ We are at the Bernabeu in 9 days and have to face Everton who cost us the title last season and battered us in the season opener, next weekend.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:59am On Feb 04, 2013
I would play, Jones behind Ando and Clev while Carrick is out injured.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:02am On Feb 04, 2013
montelik: ^^^ We are at the Bernabeu in 9 days and have to face Everton who cost us the title last season and battered us in the season opener, next weekend.

play anderson/cleverley in a 2-man midfield....vidic/rio as centre-halves. nani and valencia as wingers, rooney/van persie as strikers. evra/rafael as full-backs. we would murder everton at old trafford!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:34am On Feb 04, 2013
montelik: Yawa don gas. Carrick is out with a hip injury, suspected he might be out at least a fortnight. cry

Wetin him dey do wey him go wounjure hip at this very crucial time we need him.
?

Is this during soccer practice or bedmatics?

coogar:

play anderson/cleverley in a 2-man midfield....vidic/rio as centre-halves. nani and valencia as wingers, rooney/van persie as strikers. evra/rafael as full-backs. we would murder everton at old trafford!

Why do I have d feeling Fergie will sneak Giggs in somehow!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:44am On Feb 04, 2013
coded guy:
Why do I have d feeling Fergie will sneak Giggs in somehow!

giggs? hell no
he's only good starting from the bench these days.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 5:21am On Feb 04, 2013
I want to believe it is not serious, they just want him out of england friendlies so as to keep him fresh, he won't play by weekend so that the press will not cry foul ,but expect him after that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:01am On Feb 04, 2013
n0m0705:
I want to believe it is not serious, they just want him out of england friendlies so as to keep him fresh, he won't play by weekend so that the press will not cry foul ,but expect him after that

Word from the grapevine is Carrick injury is a genuine concern. He has been carrying this for some time since january. Apparently it was badly aggravated in the games Saints and Cottagers, which were physical encounters. Now he needs at least a 2 week layoff to treat the problem and not let it become more serious. Of course I wouldn't be shocked if he returned quickly. After all many United players have elected to play through the pain when critical points in the season arrive e.g Rio, Evans, Keane
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FBS: 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
SEGAD:

STFU! tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2013

another match winning save from de gea.......surprise surprise, we have not heard a word from his critics who gnashed their teeth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
^^ Come one, every one knows that was a fluke. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4Play(m): 10:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
Mr_TA: I would play, Jones behind Ando and Clev while Carrick is out injured.

A 3 man central midfield of Anderson, Cleverley and Kagawa will do the trick if Carrick is out. It doesn't offer much protection to the defence but I'm not sure that Carrick offered much protection in the first place.

4-3-3 will be our best bet against Madrid - (4)Evra, Vidic, Rio & Rafael; (3)Ando, Cleverley & Kagawa; (3) Rooney, RVP & Welbeck.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 05, 2013
coogar:

another match winning save from de gea.......surprise surprise, we have not heard a word from his critics who gnashed their teeth.
I'll admit it was one of his better performances, although he almost managed to palm the ball into Ruiz's path again, as he has been doing all season.
Still unconvincing to me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:44am On Feb 05, 2013
Phil jones also injured out for 2 weeks. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
StarBoard:
I'll admit it was one of his better performances, although he almost managed to palm the ball into Ruiz's path again, as he has been doing all season.
Still unconvincing to me.

so how would you describe petr cech doing the same against newcastle with sissoko scoring.......in the last 2 weeks, schwarzer(fulham) and cesar(qpr) have all parried towards an onrushing striker and conceded goals. these are seasoned goalies with more than a decade experience. are they weaklings too?

petr cech:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
Dat guy made 2 world class saves against Fulham n pple turned a blind eye at dem. I no fans n especially d media wuld hv bin slatin him til nw if he'd made d same errors dat Cech, Reina or even Hart( Sturridge's goal) made, instead they were praisin d strikers n hw wonderful d goals were. Pple r jus judgin him wit VDS standard 4getin VDS's peak was in his late 30's n DDG is stil 22 wit age on his side. I blive d guy wil bcum world class.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
coogar:

so how would you describe petr cech doing the same against newcastle with sissoko scoring.......in the last 2 weeks, schwarzer(fulham) and cesar(qpr) have all parried towards an onrushing striker and conceded goals. these are seasoned goalies with more than a decade experience. are they weaklings too?

petr cech:

The difference between the afore-mentioned keepers and De Gea is that De Gea tends to make the same kinds of errors all the time. I have lost count of the number of times he has commited this same howler, along with clattering his defenders from behind (vs Fulham at OT and vs Spurs at WHL).
Cech in my view is the best keeper in the EPL. Cesar has saved QPR from dropping all three points on a number of occassions.
I laugh when they ranked him (De Gea) 4th best keeper in Europe and put Manuel Neuer at the top.

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.