Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8802996 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (14186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
SEGAD:

I think you need to watch Cleverly game very well, then, you will understand the quality of the boy. So far, we won all games Cleverly played except our last group game in champion league. You can critisize him when his playing below per but do not belittle the ability of the boy. Please note this is united forum we don't condemn our players. Thanks
dat is it1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 08, 2013
SEGAD:

I think you need to watch Cleverly game very well, then, you will understand the quality of the boy. So far, we won all games Cleverly played except our last group game in champion league. You can critisize him when his playing below per but do not belittle the ability of the boy. Please note this is united forum we don't condemn our players. Thanks
well, u hav to understand dt we r all entitled to our opinions. So we shudnt condemn our plyrs, right?? So if fergie decides to buy ndidi anumunu, r u telling me because we r utd fans, we shud only criticize him wen he plays badly, and we shudnt condemn him totally?? I hav been watching cleverly closely even wen he was on loan at wigan, and i'm yet to see his main strength. Wld really appreciate it if smeone helps me out here. To me, d boy isnt good enof to play for man utd, period!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
dademola: well, u hav to understand dt we r all entitled to our opinions. So we shudnt condemn our plyrs, right?? So if fergie decides to buy ndidi anumunu, r u telling me because we r utd fans, we shud only criticize him wen he plays badly, and we shudnt condemn him totally?? I hav been watching cleverly closely even wen he was on loan at wigan, and i'm yet to see his main strength. Wld really appreciate it if smeone helps me out here. To me, d boy isnt good enof to play for man utd, period!!

start watching football in high definition and dump your CRT-TV and maybe you would see what cleverley brings to the midfield. what's your own definition of the perfect midfielder? goals/assists? aggression? pass completion? grievious tackles or what exactly? you need to tell us why you think tom cleverley is not good enough before we can help you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
coogar:

start watching football in high definition and dump your CRT-TV and maybe you would see what cleverley brings to the midfield. what's your own definition of the perfect midfielder? goals/assists? aggression? pass completion? grievious tackles or what exactly? you need to tell us why you think tom cleverley is not good enough before we can help you
mr high- definition, i fink my english was consise and explicit enof. Ok, lemme try and simplify it further. AS A PLYR; WOT EXACTLY DOES CLEVERLY ADD TO TEAM MAN UTD?? WOT R HIS STRENGTHS?? I believe evry footballer has a particular attribute dt he can use to his advantage. WOT'S CLEVERLEY'S OWN!?? Since u watch footie on HD, maybe u'd be able to shed more light on dis things, atleast for d sake of us still stuck wif our CRT screens. Pls share d wonders of HD wif us, by answering d above questions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
dademola: mr high- definition, i fink my english was consise and explicit enof. Ok, lemme try and simplify it further. AS A PLYR; WOT EXACTLY DOES CLEVERLY ADD TO TEAM MAN UTD?? WOT R HIS STRENGTHS?? I believe evry footballer has a particular attribute dt he can use to his advantage. WOT'S CLEVERLEY'S OWN!?? Since u watch footie on HD, maybe u'd be able to shed more light on dis things, atleast for d sake of us still stuck wif our CRT screens. Pls share d wonders of HD wif us, by answering d above questions.

cleverley is a facilitator -
he makes everyone around him play better. his pass completion stats even in the final third is only bettered by arteta in the whole league. it means you can always trust cleverley to retain possession. he does the simple things and united generally do well when he's on the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
coogar:

he makes everyone around him play better. his pass completion stats even in the final third is only bettered by arteta in the whole league. it means you can always trust cleverley to retain possession. he does the simple things and united generally do well when he's on the pitch.
coogar:

cleverly A facilitator?? In footie, are u really sure u knw wot dt term means?? Basically, a facilitator is smeone dt makes a team tick.and most of d time, a team can only hav one. R u saying cleverley is our facilitator?? I asked u for cleverley's personal attributes as a plyr, u say he is our facilitator. Wot is he facilitating?? Lets assume he's even a facilitator, wot special attributes does he hav dt mks him d facilitator??U really wanna talk about stats?? Der was a season dey sed mikel averaged d most passes in d EPL. Technically, did dt make him d best midfielda in d league?? Last season, didnt dey say de gea made d most saves in d EPL?? Does dt mean he was d best gk in d league last season?? D worst part b say, did u even see d plyrs in list where arteta reigns supreme, dt u made reference to?? D likes of sun-yueng ki, dembele, britton, joe allen and co!!!!!! Guy, u fvckup by introducing stats in dis issue mehn!! D bottom line is dt, we shudnt b carried away wit d fact dt d team is doing well. If a player is not doing too well, AND ONE CAN PIN POINT HIS FLAWS, D BETTER!! At d same time, if anyone notices dt, A PLAYER SIMPLY ISNT GUD ENOF TO PLAY FOR D CLUB, it is wot it is!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2013
dademola: cleverly A facilitator?? In footie, are u really sure u knw wot dt term means?? Basically, a facilitator is smeone dt makes a team tick.and most of d time, a team can only hav one. R u saying cleverley is our facilitator?? I asked u for cleverley's personal attributes as a plyr, u say he is our facilitator. Wot is he facilitating?? Lets assume he's even a facilitator, wot special attributes does he hav dt mks him d facilitator??U really wanna talk about stats?? Der was a season dey sed mikel averaged d most passes in d EPL. Technically, did dt make him d best midfielda in d league?? Last season, didnt dey say de gea made d most saves in d EPL?? Does dt mean he was d best gk in d league last season?? D worst part b say, did u even see d plyrs in list where arteta reigns supreme, dt u made reference to?? D likes of sun-yueng ki, dembele, britton, joe allen and co!!!!!! Guy, u fvckup by introducing stats in dis issue mehn!! D bottom line is dt, we shudnt b carried away wit d fact dt d team is doing well. If a player is not doing too well, AND ONE CAN PIN POINT HIS FLAWS, D BETTER!! At d same time, if anyone notices dt, A PLAYER SIMPLY ISNT GUD ENOF TO PLAY FOR D CLUB, it is wot it is!!

If at this stage you don't still see the importance of cleverley in the middle, I'll suggest u pay more attention to his game, he may not be able to dribble or make aggresive tackle, but try and check out his one-touch passes and off the ball movement to make himself for passes is one off in the premiership, no wonder united play better with him on the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
dademola: cleverly A facilitator?? In footie, are u really sure u knw wot dt term means?? Basically, a facilitator is smeone dt makes a team tick.and most of d time, a team can only hav one. R u saying cleverley is our facilitator?? I asked u for cleverley's personal attributes as a plyr, u say he is our facilitator. Wot is he facilitating?

the records are there for you to check. how many matches have united lost with cleverley on the pitch? i can only recall the everton game but then we had valencia and carrick as defenders on the night so we can excuse that loss. other than that, you won't find any in his united career. this is not coincidence. your creator has given you a pair of eyes - use it appropriately!

Lets assume he's even a facilitator, wot special attributes does he hav dt mks him d facilitator??U really wanna talk about stats??

statistics when looked into with intelligence are facts. nobody can deny something factual but the problem is most people mis-analyse stats because its a new concept in the game of football. when stats are presented, you need to think hard and see how it applies to the topic of discussion like i am about to do to your reply.......

Der was a season dey sed mikel averaged d most passes in d EPL. Technically, did dt make him d best midfielda in d league??

no! it does not make mikel the best midfielder in the league - it only made him the midfielder with the most accurate passes. the stats did not say which area of the pitch mikel made the passes. it did not say how many of the passes went forward, backwards or sideways. it did not say how many of the passes were key passes or led into assisting a goal. so it's up to you to really analyse what any given set of stats mean.

Last season, didnt dey say de gea made d most saves in d EPL?? Does dt mean he was d best gk in d league last season??

at a point last season, de gea made the most saves in the league. can you show us if the article you read was printed during the season or after the season? that a player won the player of the month award in august and december does not make him the overall best player of the season. you see, you are the one struggling to analyse statistics correctly.

D worst part b say, did u even see d plyrs in list where arteta reigns supreme, dt u made reference to?? D likes of sun-yueng ki, dembele, britton, joe allen and co!!!!!! Guy, u fvckup by introducing stats in dis issue mehn!!

that's the stats for you - those players complete the most passes in the league. is that the only attribute that makes a great midfielder, certainly not! i listed many qualities tom cleverley possesses, that you are focusing on just one of them tells me you don't even understand the debate. i suggest you go lie down, sip some water, take a short nap and then come back to have a proper debate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
coogar:

the records are there for you to check. how many matches have united lost with cleverley on the pitch? i can only recall the everton game but then we had valencia and carrick as defenders on the night so we can excuse that loss. other than that, you won't find any in his united career. this is not coincidence. your creator has given you a pair of eyes - use it appropriately!

statistics when looked into with intelligence are facts. nobody can deny something factual but the problem is most people mis-analyse stats because its a new concept in the game of football. when stats are presented, you need to think hard and see how it applies to the topic of discussion like i am about to do to your reply.......

no! it does not make mikel the best midfielder in the league - it only made him the midfielder with the most accurate passes. the stats did not say which area of the pitch mikel made the passes. it did not say how many of the passes went forward, backwards or sideways. it did not say how many of the passes were key passes or led into assisting a goal. so it's up to you to really analyse what any given set of stats mean.

at a point last season, de gea made the most saves in the league. can you show us if the article you read was printed during the season or after the season? that a player won the player of the month award in august and december does not make him the overall best player of the season. you see, you are the one struggling to analyse statistics correctly.

that's the stats for you - those players complete the most passes in the league. is that the only attribute that makes a great midfielder, certainly not! i listed many qualities tom cleverley possesses, that you are focusing on just one of them tells me you don't even understand the debate. i suggest you go lie down, sip some water, take a short nap and then come back to have a proper debate.
hmmmn. So frm wot u're saying, if statistics show dt barca dnt lose matches wen pedro plays, or if stats tell us dt pedro's appearance to winning ratio is d highest in d barca team, we shud knw dt it iznt a coincidence, wich wld mean dt pedro is d 'facilitator', or maybe most important player at barca. Guy... Stop falling ma hand.i asked about cleverley's personal strengths, d only meaninful thing u sed wuz his 'so-called 'movement off d ball. Wots so spectacular about his movement?? Wuz dt suppose to b a joke or wot?? U're way more intelligent dan dis. Lets look at it dis way. As lets assume i'm a scout and i ask u; i'm looking for a gk dt can make saves( i dnt specify d type of saves), Again, frm ur analysis, u'd just go to ur lil book of statistics and gbam.. U'd gimmie d keeper dt has made d highest nmbr of saves in dt season, or maybe u'd ask me to b specific wit d type of saves. Smh for u mehn. Stop talking about stats. It is only for dos interested in keeping records. No matter hw classified statistics are, dey cant be used to get a true picture of wots going on. Why?? TSNT EVRYFN ONE CAN QUANTIFY!! i dnt think i nid to tell u dt An inner eye, and a better understanding of d game is more important.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
Fact is there are certain types of players that aren't some fans preference and as a result they won't value them. We all have certain players we don't really feel regardless of their contributions. Cleverley is not the best English midfielder, he isn't even best young English midfielder. But it is ridiculous to say he offers nothing or doesn't deserve to play for United. What are his strengths? well there is his ability to pass accurately and quickly under pressure particularly in the final third, his consistent and intelligent movement on and off ball dragging opposition players and creating opening/spaces for his team mates, his energy, willingness and availability to receive the ball when our forward player are under pressure in the higher more congested areas of the pitch, to name a few e.t.c. All of these may not be flashy strengths but they are an important part of our ability to retain possession, change the pace and tempo, play through teams rather than just lump it forward or rely on our wingers to molest the opposition fullbacks.

Funny thing is we have played him much deeper than where he is most effective (he is a natural attacking midfielder) this season no thanks to his partnering Carrick (who sits very deep) and the presence of Rooney/Kagawa and ocassionally DW19 in the higher midfield positions. Yet he has still adapted his game and made solid decent contributions. That has been what has most impressed me this season and has me hopeful for his development. Will he become a great in the mould of a Scholes? No, not unless he hits a spurt of late development and improvement like Zidane e.t.c. But he could easily develop into a much better version of Carrick in a different mould. That is more than good enough for United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
dademola: hmmmn. So frm wot u're saying, if statistics show dt barca dnt lose matches wen pedro plays, or if stats tell us dt pedro's appearance to winning ratio is d highest in d barca team, we shud knw dt it iznt a coincidence, wich wld mean dt pedro is d 'facilitator', or maybe most important player at barca.

winning ratio is one thing, making others play better is another thing. cleverley can pass the ball, he retains possession, he injects pace into the team, he defends very well too as he's box to box, he is the only common factor in our best midfield combination possible and you are here comparing him to pedro? come back with a better analogy!

Guy... Stop falling ma hand.i asked about cleverley's personal strengths, d only meaninful thing u sed wuz his 'so-called 'movement off d ball. Wots so spectacular about his movement?? Wuz dt suppose to b a joke or wot?? U're way more intelligent dan dis.

you can continue to troll if you wish - but I remember vividly listing cleverley's strengths in my previous comment. at least 2 other posters have showed you links to analyse what he offers to the team. read those articles before arguing, abeg!

Lets look at it dis way.
As lets assume i'm a scout and i ask u; i'm looking for a gk dt can make saves( i dnt specify d type of saves), Again, frm ur analysis, u'd just go to ur lil book of statistics and gbam.. U'd gimmie d keeper dt has made d highest nmbr of saves in dt season, or maybe u'd ask me to b specific wit d type of saves. Smh for u mehn. Stop talking about stats. It is only for dos interested in keeping records. No matter hw classified statistics are, dey cant be used to get a true picture of wots going on. Why?? TSNT EVRYFN ONE CAN QUANTIFY!! i dnt think i nid to tell u dt An inner eye, and a better understanding of d game is more important.

i should stop talking about stats? let's scrap the league then cos adding 3 points for a win is statistics. by default, let's give the title to swansea - they have been the best team in the league playing possession football. united are crap, they don't keep the ball as nice as swansea. van persie is not also the best player in the league even if the stats say so - torres is better. torres has played in most games - he's durable and works harder than van persie. my nakëd eye tells me that.

if you need to buy a goalkeeper as a scout - many things would be taken into consideration. saves/shots is one key then you analyse agility, reflexes, distribution, communication, aerial dominance, etc. i am sure stats would tell you everything i have listed here to help you form your opinion. you need to understand statistics and the modern game go hand in hand........the ability to read those stats appropriately in order to apply it is the biggest problem.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2013
montelik: Fact is there are certain types of players that aren't some fans preference and as a result they won't value them. We all have certain players we don't really feel regardless of their contributions. Cleverley is not the best English midfielder, he isn't even best young English midfielder. But it is ridiculous to say he offers nothing or doesn't deserve to play for United. What are his strengths? well there is his ability to pass accurately and quickly under pressure particularly in the final third, his consistent and intelligent movement on and off ball dragging opposition players and creating opening/spaces for his team mates, his energy, willingness and availability to receive the ball when our forward player are under pressure in the higher more congested areas of the pitch, to name a few e.t.c. All of these may not be flashy strengths but they are an important part of our ability to retain possession, change the pace and tempo, play through teams rather than just lump it forward or rely on our wingers to molest the opposition fullbacks.

Funny thing is we have played him much deeper than where he is most effective (he is a natural attacking midfielder) this season no thanks to his partnering Carrick (who sits very deep) and the presence of Rooney/Kagawa and ocassionally DW19 in the higher midfield positions. Yet he has still adapted his game and made solid decent contributions. That has been what has most impressed me this season and has me hopeful for his development. Will he become a great in the mould of a Scholes? No, not unless he hits a spurt of late development and improvement like Zidane e.t.c. But he could easily develop into a much better version of Carrick in a different mould. That is more than good enough for United.
hmmmn... U made sense. Actually, maybe i shud refrain my earlier analysis to; cleverley is too passive to play for utd, or he is too ordinary to play for utd. U talk about clever movement, ability to to drag players out of position etc (*yinmu.. Na lie*). We all knw we dnt nid dis qualities frm a CMF. Lets even assume he has certain xteristics dt can mk him excel in d AMF position, he has noin to offer us, cos we dnt nid him in dt position!!. He simply cant exert any dominance in a midfield. Like i sed earlier, d truth is dt carrick's form, and RVP's goals hav covered up for certain flaws at utd dis season. I like ur analysis, though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2013
dademola: hmmmn... U made sense. Actually, maybe i shud refrain my earlier analysis to; cleverley is too passive to play for utd, or he is too ordinary to play for utd. U talk about clever movement, ability to to drag players out of position etc (*yinmu.. Na lie*). We all knw we dnt nid dis qualities frm a CMF. Lets even assume he has certain xteristics dt can mk him excel in d AMF position, he has noin to offer us, cos we dnt nid him in dt position!!. He simply cant exert any dominance in a midfield. Like i sed earlier, d truth is dt carrick's form, and RVP's goals hav covered up for certain flaws at utd dis season. I like ur analysis, though

carrick's form? lolololol
compare carrick's performance with cleverley to carrick's performance without cleverley. do the same for anderson and get back to me. he's a facilitator and it seems fergie has recognised this. look at our way records all of a sudden especially in the big games cleverley has featured - you cannot deny these facts!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
Let me quickly add this, during the charity shield 2011 against city, united was down 2-0 at half time, cleverley along side ando were introduced and everything changed. During the league last season, city played united off the park at old trafford and etihad *6-1 and 1-0 respectively* and guess who was missing in both matches, cleverley. This season cleverley was available at the etihad and United beat City convincingly. So what does that tell u about the guy?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2013
n0m0705: Let me quickly add this, during the charity shield 2011 against city, united was down 2-0 at half time, cleverley along side ando were introduced and everything changed. During the league last season, city played united off the park at old trafford and etihad *6-1 and 1-0 respectively* and guess who was missing in both matches, cleverley. This season cleverley was available at the etihad and United beat City convincingly. So what does that tell u about the guy?

according to this guy, all those things don't matter......it's just coincidence!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
coogar:

compare carrick's performance with cleverley to carrick's performance without cleverley. do the same for anderson and get back to me. he's a facilitator and it seems fergie has recognised this. look at our way records all of a sudden especially in the big games cleverley has featured - you cannot deny these facts!
i planned not to respond to ur comments again, bt mehn........nawa for u oo. U were d one dt claimed dt, since records say man utd dnt lose wen cleverly plays, and it isnt a coincidence, i take dt to mean dt any player wif such statistics iz d bedrock of dt team. U say statistics can b used to determine hw effective a gk's communication skills are. U say stats can also be used to analyse a gk's reflexes. Frm statements like dis, ts obvious dis shud b my last response to anyfn u say. Mr stats, if my memory serves me right, berba wuz d top scorer in d league a few seasons ago.hw did it happen?? He wld score 5 goals 2day, and wldnt score for d next 3 games. D funniest thing is dt dis wnt hav any effect on his goals/game ratio, Per adventure, i den ask u, as my chief scout, to get me a prolific goalscorer dt CAN AVERAGE D HIGHEST GOALS PER GAME IN A SEASON,(AS MOST GAFFERS WLD SAY) ,at d end of dt season,u'd go to ur lil book of stats and gbam.. U gimmie berbatov!! Nawa ooo. We r talking about plyr analysis, der obvious strengths and weaknesses, u're talking about club ranking, wich evrybody knw is only determined BY A STANDARD SET BY D EPL.... Winning has been designated a nmbr of points, drawing too.. And losing!! Y r u letting me type all dis things?? U talk about carrick not performing well without cleverly?? Hmmmn. Ok, i go explain( dunno y i shud b doing dis). For starters, cleverly virtually has only 2 plyrs vying for his position: scholes and anderson. Anderson has bin plagued by injuries, and i dny nid to talk about scholes. Again, u hav to understand dt, most coaches usually prefer to use players dt hav been playing togeda ova a considerable period of time... D assuption iz dt dey wld hav a betta understanding. A good example is d spanish side. Isnt it an obvious fact dt, if u wanna get d best outta vaxi, u gotta play him alongside busquets, cos dey understand each oda well?? Does dt mean, if d coach decided to bench alonso for busquets, busquets iz a betta player dan alonso??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2013
coogar:

i planned not to respond to ur comments again, bt mehn........nawa for u oo. U were d one dt claimed dt, since records say man utd dnt lose wen cleverly plays, and it isnt a coincidence, i take dt to mean dt any player wif such statistics iz d bedrock of dt team. U say statistics can b used to determine hw effective a gk's communication skills are. U say stats can also be used to analyse a gk's reflexes. Frm statements like dis, ts obvious dis shud b my last response to anyfn u say. Mr stats, if my memory serves me right, berba wuz d top scorer in d league a few seasons ago.hw did it happen?? He wld score 5 goals 2day, and wldnt score for d next 3 games. D funniest thing is dt dis wnt hav any effect on his goals/game ratio, Per adventure, i den ask u, as my chief scout, to get me a prolific goalscorer dt CAN AVERAGE D HIGHEST GOALS PER GAME IN A SEASON,(AS MOST GAFFERS WLD SAY) ,at d end of dt season,u'd go to ur lil book of stats and gbam.. U gimmie berbatov!! Nawa ooo. We r talking about plyr analysis, der obvious strengths and weaknesses, u're talking about club ranking, wich evrybody knw is only determined BY A STANDARD SET BY D EPL.... Winning has been designated a nmbr of points, drawing too.. And losing!! Y r u letting me type all dis things?? U talk about carrick not performing well without cleverly?? Hmmmn. Ok, i go explain( dunno y i shud b doing dis). For starters, cleverly virtually has only 2 plyrs vying for his position: scholes and anderson. Anderson has bin plagued by injuries, and i dnt nid to talk about scholes. Again, u hav to understand dt, most coaches usually prefer to use players dt hav been playing togeda ova a considerable period of time... D assuption iz dt dey wld hav a betta understanding. And dts why anderson may hav a prblm dislodgin cleverley from d team; afterall, d team has sha been winning. A good example is d spanish side. Isnt it an obvious fact dt, if u wanna get d best outta vaxi, u gotta play him alongside busquets, cos dey understand each oda well?? Does dt mean, if d coach decided to bench alonso for busquets, busquets iz a betta player dan alonso??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
of course, stats would determine reflexes and agility with the number of clear-cut chances a goalie saves. there are stats for everything - go and subscribe to opta stats and see for yourself!

when berbatov won the golden boot, he was by far the best striker in the league. he did this by scoring 20 league goals(no penalties) - it was just unfortunate hernandez couldn't be ignored then with the type of counter-attacking football we started playing then and berbatov was kept on the bench. he could have scored more if he had more appearances that season but fergie knows best but when berbatov played, he killed defenders.......name a better striker than berbatov throughout the 2010/11 season in the league? without his goals, we would not have won the league.

then you spoke about statistics - without stats, we won't even have a league. statistics is all about keeping records(points, wins, losses, victories, goals scored and conceded, etc) you cannot take out statistics from football. there's a reason organisations like opta are making money from the FA by providing the stats. so how would you determine the winner of the league without stats? it's one thing to have stats, it's another to read it appropriately to suit what you need it for. i can put it to you that you don't read stats very well.

your explanation of cleverley/anderson too does not make sense. the duo are yet to lose any game we have played with them playing as central midfielders. we always win those games. 2 goals down against city in wembley with 45 mins to play, they turned it around and murdered yaya toure, silva and barry in the midfield. our best 2-man midfield combo is cleverley and ando......it's even surer than throwing carrick with cleverley. with clevz on the pitch, we play far better and you can take it to the bank!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 9:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 12:31am On Feb 09, 2013
Mehn!dis is argument of the wise by the wise and for the wise..argument wit analysis and stats..no be 2 jst dey abuse jare!..my contributn dough is...wu do u fink can partner carrick dan clevs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:31am On Feb 09, 2013
If the ability to pass, keep possession and keep things simple are not strengths, then you are yet to understand your football.
You can refer to my previous post again incase you missed it. Football is simple!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
chamotex: If the ability to pass, keep possession and keep things simple are not strengths, then you are yet to understand your football.
You can refer to my previous post again incase you missed it. Football is simple!

fans like him prefer grant holt to berbatov....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 09, 2013
coogar: of course, stats would determine reflexes and agility with the number of clear-cut chances a goalie saves. there are stats for everything - go and subscribe to opta stats and see for yourself!

when berbatov won the golden boot, he was by far the best striker in the league. he did this by scoring 20 league goals(no penalties) - it was just unfortunate hernandez couldn't be ignored then with the type of counter-attacking football we started playing then and berbatov was kept on the bench. he could have scored more if he had more appearances that season but fergie knows best but when berbatov played, he killed defenders.......name a better striker than berbatov throughout the 2010/11 season in the league? without his goals, we would not have won the league.

then you spoke about statistics - without stats, we won't even have a league. statistics is all about keeping records(points, wins, losses, victories, goals scored and conceded, etc) you cannot take out statistics from football. there's a reason organisations like opta are making money from the FA by providing the stats. so how would you determine the winner of the league without stats? it's one thing to have stats, it's another to read it appropriately to suit what you need it for. i can put it to you that you don't read stats very well.

your explanation of cleverley/anderson too does not make sense. the duo are yet to lose any game we have played with them playing as central midfielders. we always win those games. 2 goals down against city in wembley with 45 mins to play, they turned it around and murdered yaya toure, silva and barry in the midfield. our best 2-man midfield combo is cleverley and ando......it's even surer than throwing carrick with cleverley. with clevz on the pitch, we play far better and you can take it to the bank!
hmmmn. Stats can b used to determine reflexes. Nawa oo. So one can define and quantify clear-cut chances?? Bros.. Na public forum b dis.. Stop embarassin ursef. Atleast, frm all indications, ts evident dt u're literate to a reasonable level. As for d berba ish, as a stats man, i shudnt b doing ur job for u now. Hav u forgotten dt berba scored 19 goals dt season, of wich 15 were at OT, wich included 3 hatricks, and 5 goals against blackburn?? D 2nd highest goalscore tevez, spread his goals far betta dan dis, wich means he was more prolific dan berbatov, bt unfortunately, if we are to follow d definition of being prolific literally( most times, we look at d goals/game ratio), berba wins. Or are u telling me dt if a striker scores all his goals in one only match, and is highest goalscorer, dt season, dt striker is prolific?? Guy... Are u a stats graduate?? Why u dey do like dis nau?? Again, hw many times hav ando and cleverly played dis season? Dis has to be my last comment on dis matter, cos frm d way things r going, u'd soon say cleverly is more important dan carrick in our midfield( dts if u havnt even insinuated such, anyways). Good luck wit ur stats.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
'keeping -it- simple' my left yansh!! Tamas of WBA kips it very simple too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2013
ha!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
dademola: hmmmn. Stats can b used to determine reflexes. Nawa oo. So one can define and quantify clear-cut chances?? Bros.. Na public forum b dis.. Stop embarassin ursef. Atleast, frm all indications, ts evident dt u're literate to a reasonable level.

you are the one embarrassing yourself - pay attention to what i am saying, stop these brainfarts of yours. a clear-cut chance is defined as a clear chance you would expect a striker to score from. one on one with goalkeeper. a goalkeeper saving such chances can be said to be what? do you play football manager? have you heard of prozone? use your google if you are at sea.

As for d berba ish, as a stats man, i shudnt b doing ur job for u now. Hav u forgotten dt berba scored 19 goals dt season, of wich 15 were at OT, wich included 3 hatricks, and 5 goals against blackburn?? D 2nd highest goalscore tevez, spread his goals far betta dan dis, wich means he was more prolific dan berbatov, bt unfortunately, if we are to follow d definition of being prolific literally( most times, we look at d goals/game ratio), berba wins. Or are u telling me dt if a striker scores all his goals in one only match, and is highest goalscorer, dt season, dt striker is prolific?? Guy... Are u a stats graduate?? Why u dey do like dis nau??

that berbatov was able to match tevez(a serial penalty taker) at all is a testament to berbatov's ingenuity. tevez scored from 5 penalties that season, berbatov did not - so by simple logic, berbatov outperformed tevez that season cos if berbatov had taken all the penalties united had that season, he would have scored 25-28 goals.

berbatov scored 21 league goals that season - are you sure you support man utd? berbatov scored in 11 different premier league games that season, tevez scored in 13 different games. however, tevez had 30 league starts to berba's 24 league starts. how did tevez outperform berbatov? yet, you don't want us to talk about stats but conjectures and beer parlour gists? so tevez is more prolific because of 13-11? that's prolific? lolololol

you need to lie down..... who was more effective? mind, 5 of tevez's goals came from awoof penalties and one was a direct freekick but he still got murdered by berbatov who played 300+ mins less than him.

2010/11
tevez - 21 goals in 2513 league minutes
berba - 21 goals in 2208 league minutes.

Again, hw many times hav ando and cleverly played dis season? Dis has to be my last comment on dis matter, cos frm d way things r going, u'd soon say cleverly is more important dan carrick in our midfield( dts if u havnt even insinuated such, anyways). Good luck wit ur stats.

how many times anderson/cleverley have both played this season is irrelevant - what is relevant is the fact that they have not failed yet to win a match when they have played together. it's not disputable. from last season to the few games they played earlier in the season. you are the one who sees stats but you cannot make any deductive reasoning from them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
This is now more entertaining than our usual coogar vs starboard battles.

*grabs popcorn, waiting for round 4* cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2013
Ok. To quell this argument... I need sincere answers -John O'shea, Quinton Fortune etc. Were they ever considered "world class" Man Utd materials?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by aieromon(m): 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
Citeh is down 1-3 at St James.

Smacking my lips. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
In other news, massive help...coming from So'ton off all clubs. Fortune truly favors UTD this term; weak midfield, shaky-shaky keeper or not grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2013
RuuDie: Ok. To quell this argument... I need sincere answers -John O'shea, Quinton Fortune etc. Were they ever considered "world class" Man Utd materials?
gud q!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2013
RuuDie: In other news, massive help...coming from So'ton off all clubs. Fortune truly favors UTD this term; weak midfield, shaky-shaky keeper or not grin
dm no go c dat error wey Joe Hart make oh if to sey na Ddg nw,evry whr go full. Mtcheeeew! Ha! Dz na 12points clear oh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (14186) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII, TrebleChamp(m), YoungB1a(m), MorataFC, Nezzjnr, Colson(m), kissoflife, Onkoolos, Caicedobets(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.