Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8847149 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (14210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
Is Van Persie starting or is it Rooney?

Fantasy on my mind
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2013
dayokanu: Is Van Persie starting or is it Rooney?
Fantasy on my mind

i don't see any reason SAF would start both! we are 12 points clear with a make or mar game on tuesday. hernandez, welbeck and young should be enough for norwich. van persie/rooney on the bench for a run-out in the last 30 mins to warm them up for the big game against mourinho!

your prayers have been answered - they both start!

MUFC XI: De Gea, Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Kagawa, Rooney, van Persie
SUBS: Lindegaard, Rafael, Cleverley, Nani, Young, Welbeck, Hernandez.

it would be mad hilarious if van persie or rooney gets injured in this game!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
Morrison was training with the 1st teamers last season before his departure, as was Pogba even though neither saw any action. That is how the rumor of him pilfering Rio's watch came about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
montelik: Morrison was training with the 1st teamers last season before his departure, as was Pogba even though neither saw any action. That is how the rumor of him pilfering Rio's watch came about.

they don't have to be training with the senior team to have interactions. they all use the same gymnasium! morrison was with the reseres before he left! he won the fa youth cup by being the MVP. when wilshere won the same, wenger promoted him straight to the senior team. however, we have 2 old fools who are too greedy they don't know their career is blocking the path of youth players. the fergie of 20 yrs ago would have gotten rid of all geriatrics but the old man has lost it now - he does not trust the youth players anymore.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
Morrison and Pogba 100% regularly trained with the first team. Im not getting into this again about those boys though. Especially morrison, he's gone and he's thrown his career away.

Excellent result and good performance. I'm doing the gangnam style in honour of our Shinji cool
Hope RVP finds his scoring boots again asap, we're going to need it. Real just casually beat Real madrid again with Ronaldo on the bench. He have good momentum as we do as well so its going to be a tough battle on Tuesday.We'll need everyone to be 100%.

WHat a goal by Rooney. Havent seen one of those super strikes in a while from him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
Mr_TA: Morrison and Pogba 100% regularly trained with the first team. Im not getting into this again about those boys though. Especially morrison, he's gone and he's thrown his career away.

haha!

Excellent result and good performance. I'm doing the gangnam style in honour of our Shinji cool
Hope RVP finds his scoring boots again asap, we're going to need it. Real just casually beat Real madrid again with Ronaldo on the bench. He have good momentum as we do as well so its going to be a tough battle on Tuesday.We'll need everyone to be 100%.

kagawa beasted it - it was long coming.....

WHat a goal by Rooney. Havent seen one of those super strikes in a while from him.

similar to the one he scored against arsenal in 2003! exquisite!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
And Coogar will shit on his pants at this,

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "He [Kagawa] is a good finisher. His injury in October, November set him back a bit, but he's getting his form back slowly and gradually. His second and third, in particular, were terrific.

"Ryan Giggs will be involved against Real Madrid, no doubt about it. It's a great moment, a great example for all young players to reach 1,000 games as a professional.

"We've got a cushion, I expect City to win on Monday against Villa."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
^^ LMAO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2013
Emperoh: And Coogar will shit on his pants at this,

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "He [Kagawa] is a good finisher. His injury in October, November set him back a bit, but he's getting his form back slowly and gradually. His second and third, in particular, were terrific.

"Ryan Giggs will be involved against Real Madrid, no doubt about it. It's a great moment, a great example for all young players to reach 1,000 games as a professional.

"We've got a cushion, I expect City to win on Monday against Villa."

if this is true then get me a sawn-off shotgun.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Fergie shuld pls nt start Giggs. Or partner him wit Carrick (dis will make me give up).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:06pm On Mar 02, 2013
I could care less about who starts against Madrid. Even we beat Madrid, we aren't going to win the UCL anyway as this squad is not strong enough. I find all the treble talk a little exaggerated.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2013
montelik: I could care less about who starts against Madrid. Even we beat Madrid, we aren't going to win the UCL anyway as this squad is not strong enough. I find all the treble talk a little exaggerated.
so u believe United are in UCL to make up numbers?? good for United then, that you are not the manager, cuz you'll never have won nothing with your mindset
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
coogar:

if this is true then get me a sawn-off shotgun.....
Giggs can never start, that's for damn sure! and i honestly don't see him suiting any role. if we are ahead by half-time and want to protect our lead, Giggs is definitely not the hard-worker to bring in unless its in the last 7 mins or so. and if we are behind at half-time, and get desperate, Giggs is yet not the goal scorer for the job. i think it's just make beleive... managers are like politicians anyway
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
^^ We are there to compete and I am sure they will give their best and we shall see where it gets them (hopefully Wembley). But my honest unbiased view of the strengths and weaknesses of this team tell me its unlikely we win the UCL, much less successfully pull of a treble. I would also say that SAF's decision to not rest players today, show he also isn't buying the treble talk.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
montelik: I could care less about who starts against Madrid. Even we beat Madrid, we aren't going to win the UCL anyway as this squad is not strong enough. I find all the treble talk a little exaggerated.

All what treble talk?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
Not here, but almost every time I watch our games, the pundits are going on about it and on almost all the other United forums I visit, there is consistent strategising regarding our treble chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2013
montelik: ^^ We are there to compete and I am sure they will give their best and we shall see where it gets them (hopefully Wembley). But my honest unbiased view of the strengths and weaknesses of this team tell me its unlikely we win the UCL, much less successfully pull of a treble. I would also say that SAF's decision to not rest players today, show he also isn't buying the treble talk.

every team every year begin all competitions they have qualified for with the intent of winning the ultimate prize. towards the end of the campaign, all teams review the competitions they are still left in and prioritize one over the other, which is normal, but that's not to say they will give up one the other competitions and just play to lose so that they can concentrate on one. Sir Alex knows the league is about 80% in the bag, so why should he throw it away for another competition that's still 50-50 and that doesn't mean he has no plans at all to win the UCL!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2013

we have a better squad than the 2008 squad that won it! what are you talking about? the treble winning squad of 99 started as underdogs that season as well. no one have them a chance. arsëne wenger crashed out of the champions league to focus on the premier league that season to retain the title but fergie still beat him to it on the last day of the season.

the only reason we appear weak right now is giggs/scholes! get rid of them and i don't see any weakness in our team. no weakness at all! i am not scared of any team in europe at the moment! our attack is the deadliest in europe currently.....the midfield is okay if the wingers bounce back to form and our defence isn't weak if everyone's fit! however, if fergie puts sentiment ahead of the team's aspirations by starting giggs/scholes in the big games, we would bite the dust!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
coogar:

we have a better squad than the 2008 squad that won it! what are you talking about? the treble winning squad of 99 started as underdogs that season as well. no one have them a chance. arsëne wenger crashed out of the champions league to focus on the premier league that season to retain the title but fergie still beat him to it on the last day of the season.

the only reason we appear weak right now is giggs/scholes! get rid of them and i don't see any weakness in our team. no weakness at all! i am not scared of any team in europe at the moment! our attack is the deadliest in europe currently.....the midfield is okay if the wingers bounce back to form and our defence isn't weak is everyone's fit! however, if fergie puts sentiment ahead of the team's aspirations by starting giggs/scholes in the big games, we would bite the dust!

I stopped reading after that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
montelik:
I stopped reading after that.

of course, we have a better squad now.......fergie confirmed the same ish!
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8503634/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-says-current-Manchester-United-squad-stronger-than-1999

the league position, points accrued so far, etc kinda agree with me. what did we have then that we don't have now? the strength in depth in the squad is way better now!!!

28 games - 71 points. incredible!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
I am not going to argue. We will see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
montelik: I am not going to argue. We will see.

the only thing that can undo us is fergie's sentiments on giggs/scholes or injuries to any of the key players. if we can get someone to shoot giggs knees till next season and we maintain a clean bill of health, i am super confident we can take the fa cup n the champions league!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 10:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
^ I tend to agree with Coogar on this, the only down side I used to see about this team was defence and they seem to have taken care of that now. Even if they fail to win the CL, they are still better IMO, too many boring 1-0 wins in 08 season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21636839

When the president of FIFA goes out of his way to talk about you for good reasons, no questioning your legendary status in world football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:07am On Mar 03, 2013

if this was de gea.......
i am not sure starboard would ever utter brazil's #1 goalie is not good enough!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:53am On Mar 03, 2013
Hey guys...Valencia finally crossed with his left foot and we scored. Dang! Nani's stint on the sidelines just got an extension!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:55am On Mar 03, 2013
montelik: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21636839

When the president of FIFA goes out of his way to talk about you for good reasons, no questioning your legendary status in world football.

You can say that again!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
/\ tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2013

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/degeagzp8b.gif[/img]

See agility and ball control.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
That's my skinny Spanish keeper cool.

Getting more and more nervousness about the Madrid match. Our middle composition is so vital to how well we do I wonder if SAF still goes with a 4231?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mr_TA: That's my skinny Spanish keeper cool.
Getting more and more nervousness about the Madrid match. Our middle composition is so vital to how well we do I wonder if SAF still goes with a 4231?

flat 4-4-2, please.
if fergie goes 4-5-1 then i pray madrid score first. i want an open attacking football not some cagey chess game. we criminally underestimate the strength of our team and only a madrid goal can force fergie's hands to go gung-ho.

we beat them 4-3 at old trafford in 2003 with fat ronaldo, figo, raul, roberto carlos, etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (14210) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ucsquare(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.