Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,686 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8801030 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (14184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:52am On Feb 26, 2013
These are some quality finishes. I honestly can't pick, they are all so good I keep changing my mind after looking at them again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:57am On Feb 26, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:06am On Feb 26, 2013
Bale just smashed all those goals up, sorry Rafa. sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
Mr_TA: Bale just smashed all those goals up, sorry Rafa. sad

The dude is just turning into something else. . .fantastic footballer he is!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2013

bale just shot on target n scored, that's after 2-3 touches to set himself. berba's ball was dropping from a height and the tekkers to hit that ball on target at that angle is outstanding! i played football too and i know 9.9 out of 10 times, the ball goes well over the bar attempting such.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
na lie, i no gree wink cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2013

Ryan Giggs has signed a one-year contract extension with Manchester United. The deal, which runs until June 2014 and will take Giggs beyond his 40th birthday, has been agreed after a series of influential performances from the Welshman and ends speculation of him retiring at the end of the season.

surely, this is a piss-take!
another 12-months contract? i don't know if i should cry or just drive off the grand canyon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
As long as he's not a regular starter I'm ok with his new contract.

Looks like jones won't make the Madrid match. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HNIC(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
coogar:

surely, this is a piss-take!
another 12-months contract? i don't know if i should cry or just drive off the grand canyon.
I think Fergie just want Giggs to keep smashing records!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mr_TA: As long as he's not a regular starter I'm ok with his new contract.

Looks like jones won't make the Madrid match. undecided

we don't need jones to be honest - we are at home, we have to attack and smash them! as long as evra stays in his position, we should be fine. anderson + cleverley + carrick are good enough to cause madrid huge problems. van persie has trained all week so he should be ok for the big game. add rooney and nani to the mix and we are good to go!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
coogar:

we don't need jones to be honest - we are at home, we have to attack and smash them! as long as evra stays in his position, we should be fine. anderson + cleverley + carrick are good enough to cause madrid huge problems. van persie has trained all week so he should be ok for the big game. add rooney and nani to the mix and we are good to go!
my mind,bobo!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
coogar:

bale just shot on target n scored, that's after 2-3 touches to set himself. berba's ball was dropping from a height and the tekkers to hit that ball on target at that angle is outstanding! i played football too and i know 9.9 out of 10 times, the ball goes well over the bar attempting such.

Lol at bolded. And you can tell this lie with a straight face? Shey with your 2 left legs and knocking knees?

I laff in Phillip Osondu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
dayokanu:
Lol at bolded. And you can tell this lie with a straight face? Shey with your 2 left legs and knocking knees?
I laff in Phillip Osondu

i played football semi-professional level till 21/22.
one of these days i would furnish pictures and videos - mention any top university team in the uk and i would tell you how many goals i scored there. eusebio had nothing on me. i scored goals for fun.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
coogar:

I definitely think we need the added defensive cover jones provides at home especially if we want to attack more at home. Real are probably the best counter attacking team in the world, it would be so easy for them to pick us up on the counter with someone like jones doing the same job he did at the bernabeu. Infact, I think we have to play like the away team at home to progress in my opinion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mr_TA:
I definitely think we need the added defensive cover jones provides at home especially if we want to attack more at home. Real are probably the best counter attacking team in the world, it would be so easy for them to pick us up on the counter with someone like jones doing the same job he did at the bernabeu. Infact, I think we have to play like the away team at home to progress in my opinion.

their defence is wack.......
with van persie and rooney fit, we have a superior attack. we should have won the first leg even with our conservative approach. madrid must score to qualify.

sitting back and inviting pressure like the first leg would backfire.....we are not even that good at defending. our greatest strength is in the attack. attack madrid and we will outscore them.

phil jones' contribution was overrated cos he's young and english - but for de gea, we would have shipped 3-4 goals with phil jones doing the zombie marking! madrid would score at old trafford, one would be daft to think any defensive tactics would have us keeping a clean sheet. outscoring madrid is what would take us through!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
coogar:

i played football semi-professional level till 21/22.
one of these days i would furnish pictures and videos - mention any top university team in the uk and i would tell you how many goals i scored there. eusebio had nothing on me. i scored goals for fun.
hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
coogar:

their defence is wack.......
with van persie and rooney fit, we have a superior attack. we should have won the first leg even with our conservative approach. madrid must score to qualify.

sitting back and inviting pressure like the first leg would backfire.....we are not even that good at defending. our greatest strength is in the attack. attack madrid and we will outscore them.

phil jones' contribution was overrated cos he's young and english - but for de gea, we would have shipped 3-4 goals with phil jones doing the zombie marking! madrid would score at old trafford, one would be daft to think any defensive tactics would have us keeping a clean sheet. outscoring madrid is what would take us through!

i think phil jones nullified ozil in the first half, and had ronaldo in his back pocket all second half long! he may not be the celebrity CDM but he rarely lost track of the players he was assigned to shackle. he put in a great shift playing out of his position in a match of such significance against world class oppositions?? pardon me, but i give him fully deserved credit undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
SailorXY:
i think phil jones nullified ozil in the first half, and had ronaldo in his back pocket all second half long! he may not be the celebrity CDM but he rarely lost track of the players he was assigned to shackle. he put in a great shift playing out of his position in a match of such significance against world class oppositions?? pardon me, but i givqe him fully deserved credit undecided

phil jones did nothing!
watch the game again......he's supposed to tailgate ronaldo but ronaldo can play everywhere in the forward line and he kept dragging phil jones across the pitch. jones was not effective until the 2nd half when we decided to attack. attack is the best form of defence!

there's nothing we can do to stop madrid from scoring - they would score, our objective is to outscore them on the night! if we sit back and they score first, then we are in trouble cos fergie won't make changes till the 60th min. it means we would have 30 mins to bombard madrid in desperation. they would hold out(watch most of their games against barcelona and see how defensive they can get) and they would score more from their counterattacks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:40am On Mar 02, 2013
News flash: Norwich are the next team on our fixture list, not Madrid. This is the same Norwich that defeated us earlier this season. After last season's debacle, our focus on the league must not waver no matter how much of a lead we have or we could find ourselves repeating painful mistakes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:48am On Mar 02, 2013
montelik: News flash, Norwich are the next team on our fixture list, not Madrid. This is the same Norwich that defeated us earlier this season. After last season debacle, our focus on the league must not waver no matter how much of a lead we have or we could find ourselves repeating painful mistakes.

the team list defeated us, norwich didnt......with a team like that, dolphins of portharcourt would have beaten us too. if we line up the same old fools again today, we would be taken apart.

Lindegaard, Rafael, Evra, Ferdinand, Smalling, Valencia, Giggs, Carrick, Young, Hernandez, Van Persie.

we had anderson, fletcher and cleverley fit on the day and fergie opted for giggs n carrick, we lost the midfield to norwich from the blast of the whistle with giggs doing nothing and leaving only carrick to marshal 3 norwich players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:22am On Mar 02, 2013
That same team barring Nani for Young and Vidic for Smalling beat QPR last week.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:47am On Mar 02, 2013
montelik: That same team barring Nani for Young and Vidic for Smalling beat QPR last week.

qpr ain't norwich.....their league positions should tell you that!
norwich are one of the most hardworking teams in the league and they know how to press and defend. ryan giggs is a liability when we don't have the ball. he has the worst pass completion percentage in the top-4 too. i still cannot understand why he still plays for us. he has been the common denominator in all the games we have lost this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:59am On Mar 02, 2013
^^He didn't play when Everton almost trashed us in the season opener. Also did not play in our CL and League cup losses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
montelik: ^^He didn't play when Everton almost trashed us in the season opener. Also did not play in our CL and League cup losses.

with all due respect, that was an anomaly. with carrick and valencia in defence, we were always going to have it tough against everton. with scholes in the middle of the pitch, what then do you expect? how about the loss to spurs and norwich?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
What about the games he played in that we won, there are quite a few of those. Giggs isn't the only common denominator in our losses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
montelik: What about the games he played in that we won, there are quite a few of those. Giggs isn't the only common denominator in our losses.

which ones?
giggs has not started any tough game we have won with style. chelsea away, man city away, newcastle away, etc. check out the intensity and fluency we approached those games and compared to the games giggs started - there's a world of difference in the two.

i fail to see what giggs adds to this squad at least since 2009. that we still persist with him and scholesy is the reason we have lost morrison/pogba......it's also the reason we don't have any player making any giant leaps to make that midfield of ours his own. if neville didnt retire, rafael would still be in the doldrums.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
You and this love for Ravel Morrison grin. Stop mentioning that boy, he was destined for self destruction regardless of anything United did.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
montelik: You and this love for Ravel Morrison grin. Stop mentioning that boy, he was destined for self destruction regardless of anything United did.

most of the players out there are destined to self-destruct! rooney said in his autobiography he would have ended up dead or locked up in prison if he didnt know how to play football. aaron lennon also said the same when he was growing up in leeds - i think he actually sold drugs as a teen. if things were smooth, these lads would be walking in blue-chip companies.

morrison is one of the most gifted players at old trafford - after scholes, he's been rated as the best that graduated at the united academy under fergie's reign. yes, he's tough with a combustible character but that is because he's idle! if fergie had promoted him to the senior squad, there wouldn't have been time for him to be idle. fergie has lost it - completely!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
coogar:
fergie has lost it - completely!

Look if you carry-on with this disrespect of the great SAF, I will personally hunt you down and we will see if you have half the qualities of your moniker!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
coogar:

which ones?
giggs has not started any tough game we have won with style. chelsea away, man city away, newcastle away, etc. check out the intensity and fluency we approached those games and compared to the games giggs started - there's a world of difference in the two.

i fail to see what giggs adds to this squad at least since 2009. that we still persist with him and scholesy is the reason we have lost morrison/pogba......it's also the reason we don't have any player making any giant leaps to make that midfield of ours his own. if neville didnt retire, rafael would still be in the doldrums.

Yada, yada, yada... has giggs not starred in games we have won, abegi answer and stop running around chasing your own tail. I am sick and tired of you insulting our legends, consummate gentlemen and model athletes!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 2:50pm On Mar 02, 2013
coogar:

most of the players out there are destined to self-destruct! rooney said in his autobiography he would have ended up dead or locked up in prison if he didnt know how to play football. aaron lennon also said the same when he was growing up in leeds - i think he actually sold drugs as a teen. if things were smooth, these lads would be walking in blue-chip companies.

morrison is one of the most gifted players at old trafford - after scholes, he's been rated as the best that graduated at the united academy under fergie's reign. yes, he's tough with a combustible character but that is because he's idle! if fergie had promoted him to the senior squad, there wouldn't have been time for him to be idle. fergie has lost it - completely!

Bull shit. He was already training with the senior squad before his departure and his attitude did not improve one iota. In fact he gave senior staff the same problems he had been giving the academy and reserve team staff. So according to you, SAF should have continued promoting for his bad behaviour because he had supreme talent, while setting a terrible example to all the other potentially troublesome players, that such behavior will be ignored and even rewarded. It was clear that the boy was just determined to remain a trouble-maker and he has kept even at other teams where he is supposedly less idle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:50pm On Mar 02, 2013
RuuDie:
Look if you carry-on with this disrespect of the great SAF, I will personally hunt you down and we will see if you have half the qualities of your moniker!

fück SAF!!!

RuuDie:
Yada, yada, yada... has giggs not starred in games we have won, abegi answer and stop running around chasing your own tail. I am sick and tired of you insulting our legends, consummate gentlemen and model athletes!

yes he has but you would find out those games are games we would have also won with 9 or 10 players. this is man utd(the biggest football institution in the world). ryan giggs is a legend so are neville, keane and cantona. why don't you put keane in the team against madrid next week just because he's a legend. giggs/scholes are long past their expiry date, they should fück off and let the youths grow!

montelik:
Bull shit. He was already training with the senior squad before his departure and his attitude did not improve one iota. In fact he gave senior staff the same problems he had been giving the academy and reserve team staff. So according to you, SAF should have continued promoting for his bad behaviour because he had supreme talent, while setting a terrible example to all the other potentially troublesome players, that such behavior will be ignored and even rewarded. It was clear that the boy was just determined to remain a trouble-maker and he has kept even at other teams where he is supposedly less idle.

this is a huge lie!
morrison never trained with the senior team. when we needed midfielders last season with anderson and cleverley crocked, fergie opted for a 38 yr-old scholes instead of promoting morrison/pogba. he left them to rot in the reserve team when it's obvious those 2 were well ahead of their time.

go and read about the troubles romario gave barcelona's manager - the trouble rooney gave moyes. morrison grew up in one of the worst neighbourhoods of manchester. you cannot compare his upbringing to hernandez. this is why a good manager should have at least tolerated some of his excesses and keeping him busy would have solved the problem. look at what pogba is doing for juventus as we speak, it's far better than any of our young midfielders have mustered because of those geriatric fools who would not pave way for their juniors to have a shot at their careers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (14184) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.