Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,612 members, 7,865,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:42 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8879553 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2013
montelik: Young out for the season. After almost 2 seasons I don't feel Young is the answer to our left wing.
Rubbish buy.
Very over-rated and over-paid player.
They should cut his salary and top it on Nani's, even though he (Ronaldo wanna-be) doesn't merit the pay-rise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
SailorXY: It doesn't even matter if Suarez gets to beat 10 men before he scores all game long, he'll never win any individual accolade in England... & you can bet your house on that confidently!

I thought it was given on merit after the votes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2013
SailorXY: “The ironic thing was when we were chasing a goal with 14 minutes to
go, I decided to put Chicharito on. Shinji made our second goal, but I’d
already made the decision and given the fourth official the card. If I’d
changed my decision, I think we would have won the game because
Shinji was doing really well.”
- Ferguson
SMFD

Hmmmm, is this necessary? Chicharito was the only player who got a header on target. And it looked to have threatened the goalkeeper badly.

Shinji had a good game, but in life one has to make decisions whether good or bad. Shinji had a hand in the two goals but there was no way SAF would have known he would create a second as everything looked like it was going to be another bad day. Prior to the equalizer, Shinji didn't pose any threat for a long time.

SAF defended his reasons for removing Rooney and now he is talking about Shinji. He obviously wants both of them in his future team, he doesn't want them to feel bad. Shinji is an Asian interest, United need him to keep the money (revenue) coming from that part of the world. Until another good player emerges from Asia, Sginji will be motivated in United.

Hope he is not forgetting to motivate Nani too?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
Anyways Welbeck made the shortlist for young player of the award.

Ruudie will no doubt have a lot to say if he by any chance wins grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2013
Below is the nominees statistics. PFA and young player award.
Can we say is between Suarez and RVP? But statistics don't tell the whole story or give he full picture.

In numbers: The nominees (All figures relate to the Premier League)

Gareth Bale

Appearances 27

Goals 17

Goals per match 0.63

Shots 128

Assists 6

Michael Carrick

Appearances 32

Goals 1

Goals per match 0.03

Shots 16

Assists 4

Juan Mata

Appearances 29

Goals 10

Goals per match 0.34

Shots 51

Assists 14

Luis Suarez

Appearances 32

Goals 22

Goals per match 0.69

Shots 163

Assists 9

Robin Van Persie

Appearances 33

Goals 21

Goals per match 0.64

Shots 116

Assists 13

Eden Hazard

Appearances 30

Goals 8

Goals per match 0.27

Shots 50

Assists 14

Christian Benteke

Appearances 30

Goals 15

Goals per match 0.5

Shots 95

Assists 4

Romelu Lukaku

Appearances 29

Goals 13

Goals per match 0.45

Shots 69

Assists 4

Danny Welbeck

Appearances 25

Goals 1

Goals per match 0.04

Shots 32

Assists 4

Jack Wilshere

Appearances 20

Goals 0

Goals per match 0

Shots 12

Assists 5
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/gareth-bale-michael-carrick-juan-mata-luis-suarez-robin-van-persie-and-eden-hazard-nominated-for-pfa-player-of-the-year-award-8580233.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:14pm On Apr 20, 2013
elampiro:

I thought it was given on merit after the votes.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... Then perhaps you may want to take a minute & ponder on why Wilshere got into the damn list ahead of Rafael & de Gea!
#MERIT MY SMALL FLAT BLACK AZZ # ...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2013
A-40:

A player has scored 12 goals and provided 7 assists in his first season from midfield and you are asking me what he has done to deserve nomination? Wilshere ko crutches ni! How many games has he even played? Wilshere can never be as technically gifted as Cazorla is!
Only people consumed by English hype would compare Carrick's performance to Cazorla's this season
Cazorla is the hub! Everything at Arsenal goes through him
I am not saying cazorla is not good, all I am saying is that he has not done enough to merit nomination, he is not even the best player for arsenal this season, in my opinion, if anyone merit being nominated in arsenal it is Arteta. Concerning who is a better player between cazorla and wilshere, I believe it's a matter of opinion, and I believe a fully fit wilshere is better and wield more influence in matches than cazorla. If cazorla is that important than wilshere he would not be shunted to the wing to accomodate wilshere in the midfield. Anyway, it is my own opinion(I will always pick a fully fit wilshere before cazorla)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:48pm On Apr 20, 2013
SailorXY:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... Then perhaps you may want to take a minute & ponder on why Wilshere got into the damn list ahead of Rafael & de Gea!
#MERIT MY SMALL FLAT BLACK AZZ # ...

Were you expecting De Gea to be there? My guy, he doesn't deserve to be there. Many United fans are applying sentiments in judging players' performance. We are looking at players who confidently commanded their positions, who have been outstanding.

Raphael has been consistent, perhaps the professionals involved in the voting saw more consistency and commading display in the other players nominated. There was a year United produced 8 out of the 11 man team, and I always agree with their decisions. Last year it was RVP for the best player and it was so glaring. It's a bit dicey his year. But I put my money on Suarez for the senior prize. His individual work rate and overall contribution to the team has been the most outstanding in my opinion. Many of his goals are what you can call solo-effort.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:38pm On Apr 20, 2013
elampiro:

Were you expecting De Gea to be there? My guy, he doesn't deserve to be there. Many United fans are applying sentiments in judging players' performance. We are looking at players who confidently commanded their positions, who have been outstanding.

Raphael has been consistent, perhaps the professionals involved in the voting saw more consistency and commading display in the other players nominated. There was a year United produced 8 out of the 11 man team, and I always agree with their decisions. Last year it was RVP for the best player and it was so glaring. It's a bit dicey his year. But I put my money on Suarez for the senior prize. His individual work rate and overall contribution to the team has been the most outstanding in my opinion. Many of his goals are what you can call solo-effort.
How does this exactly qualify Wilshere ahead of Rafael, de Gea, Michu, Carzola? Couldn't even qualify for Young Player category but Welbeck strolled in too? Now what does that tell you? Cleverley had a very good first half of the season, Wilshere has had 11-14 good games in the second half of the season, & oh yes, he is in! The same professionals will favour close pals, countrymen, etc any day... Suarez has performed really well, hence he couldn't be shoved aside... but he'll lack "professional friends" in the end
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
SailorXY:
How does this exactly qualify Wilshere ahead of Rafael, de Gea, Michu, Carzola? Couldn't even qualify for Young Player category but Welbeck strolled in too? Now what does that tell you? Cleverley had a very good first half of the season, Wilshere has had 11-14 good games in the second half of the season, & oh yes, he is in! The same professionals will favour close pals, countrymen, etc any day... Suarez has performed really well, hence he couldn't be shoved aside... but he'll lack "professional friends" in the end

I didn't watch much of Wilshere this season, so I can't say. I know Michu did well. But look at the opinion of someone on the criteria used in picking Carrick. I will study this stuff more tomorrow.

Santi Cazorla's 83 chances created would also put him up with all of those nominated for the main award. But it is his passing that sets him apart from almost all of them. The Arsenal midfielder has completed 2,168 passes this season at a success rate of 80 per cent.

Such passing stats put the Spaniard head and shoulders above all the nominess bar one: Michael Carrick. The Manchester United veteran was a surprise selection for the shortlist but the statsitics show he more than merits his place having clocked up a whopping 2,442 passes at an 88 per cent success rate - almost 1,000 passes and three per cent more than the next-best nominee.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10005992/Why-Michu-Leighton-Baines-and-Santi-Cazorla-can-feel-aggrieved-at-PFA-awards-snub.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 12:22am On Apr 21, 2013
n0m0705:
I am not saying cazorla is not good, all I am saying is that he has not done enough to merit nomination, he is not even the best player for arsenal this season, in my opinion, if anyone merit being nominated in arsenal it is Arteta. Concerning who is a better player between cazorla and wilshere, I believe it's a matter of opinion, and I believe a fully fit wilshere is better and wield more influence in matches than cazorla. If cazorla is that important than wilshere he would not be shunted to the wing to accomodate wilshere in the midfield. Anyway, it is my own opinion(I will always pick a fully fit wilshere before cazorla)
Wilshere over Cazorla? Hahahahahahaha! Wilshere on steroids is no match for Cazorla in terms of midfield play! Arteta is not fit to shine Cazorla's boots either! Never has and never will! People are proposing Cazorla as Wenger's most astute signing in recent years and you are mentioning an overhyped and overrated Wilshere who isn't ranked outside of England! 20 plus games with no goal and an assist or two and you are here comparing a boy to elders
Cazorla is more versatile and started out on the wings. Don't confuse that for Wilshere being better cos that's a flawed assumption
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 1:22am On Apr 21, 2013
Guy,u should be comparing cazorla with the likes of iniesta,di maria...wilshere can't even shine his boots...I tink benteke will win in his category..since rapheal wasn't nominated..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:21am On Apr 21, 2013
montelik: Anyways Welbeck made the shortlist for young player of the award.

Ruudie will no doubt have a lot to say if he by any chance wins grin grin grin

They clearly do not have that many outstanding "young players" in the EPL that is why DW19 is even on that short-list. . .if na for Bundesliga, who born am well!

angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
RuuDie:

They clearly do not have that many outstanding "young players" in the EPL that is why DW19 is even on that short-list. . .if na for Bundesliga, who born am well!

angry
asin welbeck no sabi ball abi??guy park well...dis borrusia dortnund don lift germany well well o...abi no be dia young players u sabi?if not,oya mention oda 2 young players u kno 4rm d bundesliga mae we compare dem with welbeck
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:13pm On Apr 21, 2013
up tottenham...mancity wl go down...united 4 lyf..this boys shud cmplete d work 2mao....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
Demolish Villa tomorrow night and be crowned champions for the 20th time

Hope Fergie won't brain fart again tomorrow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: Demolish Villa tomorrow night and be crowned champions for the 20th time

Hope Fergie won't brain fart again tomorrow
im no fit,i go swr 4 am..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 3:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
When was the last time we won the EPL at OT? We have often won it away or not playing. Its been a while and tomorrow should be see us win it at OT.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
With the league all but won, our great Fergie may decide to recall Roy Keane & Andy Cole to the starting 11 for the remaining games
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
Hahahaha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
grin grin grin

I think tottenham is the bestest team this season.

Want to see how Van Persie will celebrate, that's if he remembers how to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2013
elampiro: City also played badly yesterday, they didn't deserve a draw from the match, but they won. United has been poor, but four points in away matches with Stoke and West Ham is acceptable, particularly in the run in. United should have at least held City in Old Trafford.

I don't see how United can blow this now. Whether City stumbles in White Hart Lane or not on Sunday, a victory by United against Villa on Monday is what is required to finally shatter City's hope. But if they Stumble against Totteham, the League could be over on Monday night. When United play Villa, they should attack them from the blast of the whistle till we get two goals ahead. If we attack them, they won't be able to threaten us.

Five matches to go and six points to play for, I would have gladly taken it at the start of the season. Go Manchester United. Crush them!

Gareth Bale destroyed Man City. Totteham rallied to get three late goals. Three goals in ten minutes helped Totteham to come from behind to beat City 3-1. A telling pass from Gareth Bale was well tapped in by Dempsey, and Bale himself scored the third- a beautiful goal. Defoe got a beautiful goal for the second.

Now United can be champions tomorrow. SAF must be celebrating now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:37pm On Apr 21, 2013
I also think RVP should up his game in this closing stages to be worthy winner of the PFA cuz people tend to remember most recent heroics... & Bale is well pumped
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
Fussbot: asin welbeck no sabi ball abi??guy park well...dis borrusia dortnund don lift germany well well o...abi no be dia young players u sabi?if not,oya mention oda 2 young players u kno 4rm d bundesliga mae we compare dem with welbeck

Dayo. . .where you at? Please show here sharpenly and school this novice!

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
Thank you Spurs. . .!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
SailorXY: With the league all but won, our great Fergie may decide to recall Roy Keane & Andy Cole to the starting 11 for the remaining games

cathy ferguson
david may
quinton fortune
bobby charlton
and many more might get a start tomorrow.....

we should have wrapped things up last week but with fergie at the helm, expect the unexpected. i am not really pumped again this season. the loss against city left a damper on the title celebrations - fergie can fück off!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
I am actually kind of pleased now we messed up last week. If we hadn't, we would have won the league while having not kicked a ball. It always feels kind of shallow to win the league early when not playing.

I hope we still play decent teams in the remaining fixtures. I want to see what this Spurs side could achieve if the make it into the UCL and keep majority of their squad together. If we take points of Chelseea and Arsenal we can help them in their pursuit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
RuuDie:
angry

i don't think the PFA award did any justice with their nominees. there are far better players this season. rafael and nastastic and de gea should have been on the list before welbeck or wilshere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
montelik: I am actually kind of pleased now we messed up last week. If we hadn't, we would have won the league while having not kicked a ball. It always feels kind of shallow to win the league early when not playing.

I hope we still play decent teams in the remaining fixtures. I want to see what this Spurs side could achieve if the make it into the UCL and keep majority of their squad together. If we take points of Chelseea and Arsenal we can help them in their pursuit.
They actually made it to the quarters in their only appearance surely they can't do much worse than the English teams did this season
They just need a legit striker this summer! Ship Adebayor to Togo or sumn (its shocking how awful he's been this season)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: patrickmuf(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.