Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:21 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8877646 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by anyaekekehinde(m): 10:53am On Apr 10, 2013
1025:

teams have first 11, what do u think is man u's first 11? any selection that does not include howard webb and mark clattenberg will be argued upon. tell me in the whole season, how many controversial winnings did man u get and how many involved webb and clattenberg? fergie is over aged and giggs is out dated and should be playing in championship alongside schools. are you aware that man u will win convincingly yesterday if webb or clattenberg were to be the ref for the game. the mistake u ppl keep making is rating ur team by how many winning and noth looking at how u win. chelsea dumping u out of carling cup and fa respectively is a strong massage and ur team winning chelsea with two fraudulent red cards and an offside goal is also a massage that u can't do anything on ur own.
All i know is that you are a big fool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2013
dademola: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin!! u're a mad man!!

thank you.

anyaekekehinde:
All i know is that you are a big fool

if that is all u know, then u know nothing. na two fools produce u. that is a female fool and male fool who foolishly sleep on a carton under bridge to make u available.
fools like u at man u dey try back heel at 60. during the time of giggs, back heel was not part of the game. when fergie was in coaching school, nobody dey teach back heel. is it just because u see mata, oscar and hazard do back heel that u want to do it?
ok mr. fool, tell fergie and giggs to retire because they are old model individuals. did u see aguero goal?
that goal reminds me of the goal of the year scored by the most powerful demba ba against manure in the fa cup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:53am On Apr 11, 2013
Looks like Scholes will be retiring again this summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:17am On Apr 11, 2013
Abeg make all the old men leave man utd. I heard rumors of Falcao (27) joining United at the end of the season - a welcome addition, but I wonder why. It's not a want. If we'll have to let a striker go, my pick will be Rooney or van Persie. Our youngsters in attack cannot be allowed to leave for ageing players, it will make no sense especially when we can all see their respective strength & development. Hopefully we can get a technically efficient assistant for Sir Alex, who can sort our midfield with the required signings. Also, if Sir Alex has hope in the academy midfield players, then he should just play them... #simple
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
Is Ferguson going striker mad?
There is a gapping hole to be filled in the middle and he's snapping up strikers!!
Who will feed the strikers? maybe De Gea.

Very funny!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
Emperoh: Is Ferguson going striker mad?
There is a gapping hole to be filled in the middle and he's snapping up strikers!!
Who will feed the strikers? maybe De Gea.

Very funny!
Do not believe all those speculation, january it was lewandosky now it is falcao, they have ran out of stories and they are just cooking up stories. Fergie has not finished playing the four strikers, there is one on loan at wigan(also promising), how will any reasonable coach still go for a striker when the midfield is crying for reinforcement
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
^^^ I think another striker will be madness, but if it is Falcao then I pop champaign to digest my suya because it will be a win-win. We stop our rivals from getting the third best player in the world, and make us more formidable. & who knows? maybe Ronaldo decides to come back too woooooaaaahhhhh... The midfield can go to hell, we will keep winning.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
SailorXY: ^^^ I think another striker will be madness, but if it is Falcao then I pop champaign to digest my suya because it will be a win-win. We stop our rivals from getting the third best player in the world, and make us more formidable. & who knows? maybe Ronaldo decides to come back too woooooaaaahhhhh... The midfield can go to hell, we will keep winning.

all we need is get rid of giggs and scholes.......and maybe mike phelan!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2013
coogar:

all we need is get rid of giggs and scholes.......and maybe mike phelan!

I totally concur. Most especially Mike Phellan. I wish Carlos Quieroz comes back. It wasn't like this when he was the assistant to SAF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:20pm On Apr 12, 2013
I think the shape of that Phelan guy's head say it all. So tactically inept. #Just round for nothing.
The goal keeper trainer is doing s good job by the way
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
SailorXY: I think the shape of that Phelan guy's head say it all. So tactically inept. #Just round for nothing.
The goal keeper trainer is doing s good job by the way

eric steele is very good!

mike phelan is a "yes" man. if he cannot see fergie's team selection is weak then he doesn't deserve that job. carlos queiroz will never play giggs in a 2-man midfield. some things are just basic common sense......we go to a lion's den tomorrow, anything short of 6 points in the next 2 games and i would personally put fergie on a plane to aluu village.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 5:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
coogar:

mike phelan is a "yes" man. if he cannot see fergie's team selection is weak then he doesn't deserve that job. carlos queiroz will never play giggs in a 2-man midfield. some things are just basic common sense......we go to a lion's den tomorrow, anything short of 6 points in the next 2 games and i would personally put fergie on a plane to aluu village.
you want them to aluumanised uncle Fergie?you bad o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 9:09am On Apr 14, 2013
Pls wat time is 2day's match??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:35am On Apr 14, 2013
2pm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 11:06am On Apr 14, 2013
n0m0705:
Do not believe all those speculation, january it was lewandosky now it is falcao, they have ran out of stories and they are just cooking up stories. Fergie has not finished playing the four strikers, there is one on loan at wigan(also promising), how will any reasonable coach still go for a striker when the midfield is crying for reinforcement

is fergie reasonable? a coach that could play giggs for 90 mins in such a hot game is not reason not to talk of reasonable(i laugh). with old age, u can never predict fergie. have u forgotten that he has more than 4 divers in one team, welbeck, young diving in the 18 yard box, nani diving in the midfield while evra dives at the back then the goalkeeper also dives at the post. very soon, man u will get a diving coach.
abeg, which partern are using to win stoke today? diving or ...? is webb or clattenberg playing sorry officiating? we are waiting sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
United: De Gea, Vidic, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Kagawa, Carrick, Valencia, Rooney, Hernandez, van Persie.
Bench: Lindegaard, Evans, Giggs, Smalling, Welbeck, Cleverley, Buttner.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2013
Valencia will likely play at RB and Jones in midfield. I doubt SAF would play Carrick and Kagawa/Rooney in the middle, not when Giggs is available. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
Can Kagawa perform on a wet day in Stoke? We are about to find out. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2013
Take RVP or Chica off, bring on Buttner to play left wing, push Kagawa central and stretch Stoke out. With Crouch soon to come on and the wind doing strange things to the ball, one may not be enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2013
Gud we won wit less stress. Jones 4 me is a beast!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Important 3 points today. Just need 7 more.Interesting lineup played today. Not paticularly happy with Rooney in the middle but he performed ok today. Still lacking quality in our final ball which is very annoying. West Ham next. Always a tough match at their ground before playing Arsenal at the Emirates on Sunday. Just need to keep the perfomances steady and we should wrap up the title. Strange that we had these 3 consecutive away matches though. Britannia, Upton and Emirates. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
Just reading that we're looking seriously into Nemanja Matic and James McCarthy this summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2013

DAMN. We have the worst wingers in the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 10:42pm On Apr 14, 2013
coogar:

if this Queriouz is soooo good then Y is he sti jobless OR will i say Y is he not coachin a BIG CLUB now?...apart 4rm madrid & the portugese NT, what is his achievement? Nothin
So funny dat pple xpect an old man 2 be an assistant 2 anoda older man. Mtcheew
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
Queiroz's problem is that he isn't a good manager and he cannot handle man management. He was always falling out with players. Fell out with Roy Keane and van nistelrooy and others. But he was a very good coach and a great folly for Fergie. He was tactically very sound and was always able to challenge Fergie's decisions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2013
So, d blame don reach mike phelan. Mr David Gill, ts like u'd soon be next in line for criticism here, sir!!Nawa oo!!!! Fergie made a tactical goof, PERIOD!!! Is phelan d one taking d decisions?? Wot if fergie hasnt been heeding phelan's suggestions and contributions?? Do we even knw wot goes on during matches on dt utd bench??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2013
^^^ We have some consistent scapegoats on this thread and Phelan is one of the last ones remaining (Gibson,O'Shea and co have left).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
Its not by scapegoat sh!t, there are assistants that bring about some changes when they join a team. Quiroz was the main reason Ferdinand & Vidic+Van der Saar broke the longest minutes without conceding a goal in the EPL. Some people are very able deputies, but can't excel as the focal point. Quiroz is one of those.. bring him back [as deputy] & you'll see changes in approach of the team even with this same crop of players. There are selections he'll never allow Fergie to put out. We had maximum points at the start of the season against all the 'top 4' in EPL using Carrick&Cleverley in the middle, suddenly for the reverse fixtures, Giggs was considered the main man. What happened to the personnel that served us so well in the early games? Phelan doesn't have the balls to oppose Fergie, even United fans in England echo the same.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
SailorXY: Its not by scapegoat sh!t, there are assistants that bring about some changes when they join a team. Quiroz was the main reason Ferdinand & Vidic+Van der Saar broke the longest minutes without conceding a goal in the EPL. Some people are very able deputies, but can't excel as the focal point. Quiroz is one of those.. bring him back [as deputy] & you'll see changes in approach of the team even with this same crop of players. There are selections he'll never allow Fergie to put out. We had maximum points at the start of the season against all the 'top 4' in EPL using Carrick&Cleverley in the middle, suddenly for the reverse fixtures, Giggs was considered the main man. What happened to the personnel that served us so well in the early games? Phelan doesn't have the balls to oppose Fergie, even United fans in England echo the same.
so, i take that to mean fergie never made similar or even worse tactical blunders when quiroz was der, right??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
^^^ of course no one is above mistakes... now when a man trips over a stone on his way to market & bled, its called mistake! If he trips over the same stone on his way back from market, then he is called a fool cuz naturally he was supposed to watch out for same occurrence to be averted. Fergie is growing old, let's not deceive ourselves. With old age come some erratic behaviors which the old person in question may be slow to detect because of his age. As it is in real life situations, so it is in management. Your response or reflexes is not that sharp like it used to be. Why do you think great entrepreneurs hand over vital parts of their company to the younger generation? What I am saying is that Phelan is suppose to act like a check-mate device, make the old man see reasons, if possible from past blunders, why a particular approach will do more harm than good. Sir Alex is still an excellent man/team manager, don't get me wrong, but he actually need a 'HELPER', not some yea & amen figure-head beside him to function properly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
SailorXY: ^^^ of course no one is above mistakes... now when a man trips over a stone on his way to market & bled, its called mistake! If he trips over the same stone on his way back from market, then he is called a fool cuz naturally he was supposed to watch out for same occurrence to be averted. Fergie is growing old, let's not deceive ourselves. With old age come some erratic behaviors which the old person in question may be slow to detect because of his age. As it is in real life situations, so it is in management. Your response or reflexes is not that sharp like it used to be. Why do you think great entrepreneurs hand over vital parts of their company to the younger generation? What I am saying is that Phelan is suppose to act like a check-mate device, make the old man see reasons, if possible from past blunders, why a particular approach will do more harm than good. Sir Alex is still an excellent man/team manager, don't get me wrong, but he actually need a 'HELPER', not some yea & amen figure-head beside him to function properly

carlos quieroz is exactly what we need....
he is super tactical and he wouldn't sit back and watch fergie play giggs in the middle against man city. the only time we eliminated barcelona was queiroz's handiwork and he left giggs on the bench in both legs and in the final against chelsea in moscow. the 2 finals we have played after then had giggs starting and we failed woefully.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:49am On Apr 16, 2013
We actually have 2 assistant managers and that has been policy for a while (Steve Mclaren is the last time I recall us having only one assistant and before Quieroz's second coming SAF did away with the concept of senior and junior assistant and put both at the same level) and from a lot of what I have heard form players, SAF and Gill. As well as seen with my own eyes, Mulsteen is actually the more involved of the 2. (I believe he does most of work setting out 1st team training and has input into other areas, pre match tactics e.t.c. Yet when some complain about the assistants, it is always Phelan who gets the bashing.

This is clearly scapegoating. I personally don't like our assistant situation. I believe we should have one assistant manager who can at least be consider take over from SAF when the time comes (even if as purely a stop gap measure), neither Phelan or Muelsteen fall into that category. SAF almost got Laurent Blanc before he got a big gig in Ligue 1. But this persistent targeting of only Phelan is scapegoating. Just admit who don't like the shape of his head and his shorts. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.