Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,321 members, 7,864,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:01 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8876495 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
coogar:

so de gea's the reason west ham kept pumping the ball into our box? i guess de gea must have told west ham players to keep floating the ball into the box, right? you people just talk rubbish to justify your tunnel-vision. it's either you just started watching the premier league or you are simply trolling.

if you don't know how sam allardyce's team play in this day and age then there's nothing to be said. if you have 3 buffons in our goal last night, big sam would still have instructed his players to float the ball into the box. this is why they have andy caroll, it's got nothing to do with de gea. de gea dealt with all the dangerous situations last night including the one where he was elbowed in the face by caroll!
Not necessary
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
Again, I'm not sure how anyone can watch DDG since Christmas and even last night and think he's a problem for the team. He's shown so much growth and improvement I don't even worry anymore. We have lots of pressing issues within the team and I think the GK position shouldn't even be discussed as an issue. He's improved his aerial skills so much. The Newcastle away game was the last time he dealt poorly with aerial balls and he still made some excellent saves and kept a clean sheet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
^^his only mistake last night was a really poor clearance which fell to Carrick, so I'ld give him 8/10
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
SailorXY:
undecided
grin
SailorXY:
undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
coogar:

that's the way he is......
he likes that phrase "united do things the hard way" mantra. we have dropped 5 points in the last 3 games - all those games are winnable but he prefers morons in the midfield next to carrick. giggs completed 90 mins against city. jones completed 90 mins against west ham. i won't be surprised to see his wife completing 90 mins in that position next monday!

This is the same way he wanted to dwell on "united do things the hard way" last season that we lost the league from a position most would have sworn the league was wrapped up. He is doing it again. Like joke like joke!!!

Which sure game do we have left, apart from Villa who are fighting against getting relegated and spring a surprise, chelsea, Arsenal, westbrom and swansea are very very ddecent teams that should not be underestimated.

The team have been average this term judging from their performances,and that standard is/was enough to win the Prem, but I think Fergies selections, judgements, substitutions and sentiments have cost us more points than anything else.

If/when we eventually win, I'll just be happy for the new players like Vpersie, young, kagawa, buttner etc for getting a medal, apart from dat, I go just dey sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
City also played badly yesterday, they didn't deserve a draw from the match, but they won. United has been poor, but four points in away matches with Stoke and West Ham is acceptable, particularly in the run in. United should have at least held City in Old Trafford.

I don't see how United can blow this now. Whether City stumbles in White Hart Lane or not on Sunday, a victory by United against Villa on Monday is what is required to finally shatter City's hope. But if they Stumble against Totteham, the League could be over on Monday night. When United play Villa, they should attack them from the blast of the whistle till we get two goals ahead. If we attack them, they won't be able to threaten us.

Five matches to go and six points to play for, I would have gladly taken it at the start of the season. Go Manchester United. Crush them!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
coded guy:

This is the same way he wanted to dwell on "united do things the hard way" last season that we lost the league from a position most would have sworn the league was wrapped up. He is doing it again. Like joke like joke!!!

Which sure game do we have left, apart from Villa who are fighting against getting relegated and spring a surprise, chelsea, Arsenal, westbrom and swansea are very very ddecent teams that should not be underestimated.

The team have been average this term judging from their performances,and that standard is/was enough to win the Prem, but I think Fergies selections, judgements, substitutions and sentiments have cost us more points than anything else.

If/when we eventually win, I'll just be happy for the new players like Vpersie, young, kagawa, buttner etc for getting a medal, apart from dat, I go just dey sha.

you have nothing to be afraid of. howard webb is sure to handle at least two of those games which means 6 points of which that is all manu needs to be crowned.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
elampiro:

Five matches to go and six points to play for, I would have gladly taken it at the start of the season. Go Manchester United. Crush them!

Ofcourse everyone including Mancini knows that the league has been wrapped up by UNITED. But don't be surprised when u see a three man midfield of Giggs, de gea and buttner with Anderson between the sticks. Then 6points outta a possible 15 becomes mission highly impossicant.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
elampiro: My Opinion of players so far this season.

1.Rafael has been my best player this season. Despite lacking height, he is so balanced.

2. Evra is good while joining attack but mostly allow so much space on the far left-back which allows opponents to operate. He is easily beaten and joins centre back players in the box instead of picking his man in the wide.

3. Ferdinand and Vidic have the experience but lacking speed. The reason they play deep. Vidic is however highly valuable because of his aerial prowess. Will Vidic and Smalling work best? Or is it Vidic and Jones? What is the future like? Ferdinand is still great, but I don't think he is still a 'saviour'.

4. De Gea, a young and a potential world best, but I really get scared when those crosses fly into our box. Apart from the Madrid game in Spain, I haven't seen any exceptional save again. He made a good save against Chelsea in Old Trafford, but I felt he was badly positioned for Hazard's goal. He could also have done better in the second (equalizing) goal. Our overall play has been bad, but every good ball that beats the defence is as good as in the net.

5. Carrick is our best defensive midfielder, but he is behind players like Xavi, Alonso, Toure, Barry, Song, Bousqet, etc. Carrick is good while with the ball but poor off the ball. He is poor at tackling. In the whole, United is poor at marking, the players allow opponents too much space.

6. Cleverly and Anderson. Anderson is the only midfielder who can run with the ball and link well with the strikers. But he is below average in half of the matches. He needs to be more consistent, but how long will the coaching crew be patient with him.

Cleverly should play every game. He is always above average. But since March, he doesn't play well beyond the 55th minute. This was mostly evident in the games against Madrid, Chelsea and Sunderland too. However, these guys make us miss Fletcher.

6. Jones. He said said his best position is the centre back, and that he dislikes the midfield role. Ferguson desire to retain players who are defence minded and have helped in the clean slates recently. This is what is keeping Jones in the midfield, otherwise he lacks creativity there. He was manificient in the right back against Stoke City. With experience, he will do well in the centre too. A John Terry in the making.

7. Giggs. Giggs started the season very poorly. He and scholes made us lost our first two matches (Everton and Totteham) with the lack of speed to match opponents in the midfield. But Giggs changed some games for us later on in the season. When Young, Valencia and Nani were poor in the flanks, Giggs brought the wide play that made Ferguson to jettison the much criticized Diamond formation. In some matches, he exhibited the energy of a teenager as we saw in the matches around Christmas and the Madrid game. He wasn't our problem yesterday against West Ham. After all when he came, United didn't concede, instead the attacking was more and [b]the equalizer cam[/b]e. Against City, he gave away the first City goal, but I still don't think he did badly. I will like Giggs to retire to enable the young players mature quickly. But, the average performance of these young lads always make SAF to remember Giggs and Scholes. The solution, retire Giggs and Scholes, sell the average lads like Anderson, Welbeck, Kagawa and co. United won UCL in 2008 when we had 'real strong men' like Owen Hagreaves operating from the defensive midfield, and sometimes from the right flank. Now sell all the average guys and buy real men from Germany, Spain and South America. If Fletcher had been fit, Scholes would never have returned, and Giggs and Jones wouldn't be getting midfield roles. Deploying Giggs to midfield is a game change I think even SAF didn't envisage.

8. Nani, Valencia and Young. I can't ever support Nani to go. He alone is capable of what he does. He has two great feet, can play from right, Left and Centre. He can shoot accurately with both feet and sometimes head in the box. His most important quality is ability to twist a defenders waist at a 'short notice' and opened up the defence. He can also run with the ball. Like Rooney, this has been his worst season. Perhaps, the arrival of Kagawa and RVP have caused SAF to unnecessarily not have faith in Nani and to some degree, Rooney too. The team rotation has dealt a big deal to the enthusiasm of Nani and Rooney.

Nani has always played his best football when Valencia is injured or/and Rooney out and he knows that he has to carry the team over several matches without his place being threatened. The problem has always been that he too soon get relegated to the bench as soon as Valencia or Young is fit even when he has been playing well. Now, with the presence of RVP and Kagawa Nani's woes have compounded. I want him retained. That's all.

Ashley Young. He will not end his career at United. I like him though for bringing good options.

Valencia should be retained for next season, we need to see if he can be his old self again. If Valencia cannot get space to run and get behind the opponents defence line, he is finished in the game. He can't play against a defence that plays deep and tightly packed. That's where Nani is more versatile. Valencia is however useful because he can play the number two position too. But we have Smalling and Jones also in the position.

9. Rooney and RVP. Every club wants them. SAF should motivate Rooney more.

10. Welbeck, Chicharito. If this is the way Welbeck is going to play, the ealier we ship him like Chelsea did to Sturridge, the better. He is causing selection problems.

Chicharito, he can't play but he scores. His goals are needed. But if we get to break the bank and get Falcao, then I can join in saying good bye to him for his own sake. But SAF can't afford Falcao. Chicha is just like Inzhagi. 18 box players.

Finally, the years we last dominated the midfield were when we had Owen Hargreaves and Flectcher fit. We need such agile, energetic and mobile midfielders. Oshea will do better than many of the supposed midfielders and make shift midfielders we had today. Oshea was an average player, but he probably would have helped us last season and this. We need to move forward, let SAF get capable midfielder, and I am sure he knows where to look at.
I agree wit most of wat u said except d bolded. carrick is better than Barry & we've equalized b4 that old man came in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
chrisley024: I agree wit most of wat u said except d bolded. carrick is better than Barry & we've equalized b4 that old man came in.

Giggs came in for Rooney in the 71st minute.
RVP equalized in the 77th minute.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22088960
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
@ elampiro. I agree wit most of d tinz u sed, except d DDG part. In as much as i alws emphasize dt he still has areas to his game dat nid improvement,yestdy's game didnt fall into d category where he wld be targeted for his inability to command his box. Andy carrol has carved a niche for himsef as d aerially strongest CF in league, and ts no secret dt most of his coaches wld wanna use it to der advantage by bombarding d opposition's box wif crosses. We can only thank God vidic played yestdy, cos without him, we wld hav lost dt match!!! Again, carrick<song, barry, busquets Hanhan!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
carrick short listed for PFA awards....
finally, england sees through his talents. this is hoping van persie clinches the gong. he's been the most productive player all season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2013
coogar: carrick short listed for PFA awards....
finally, england sees through his talents. this is hoping van persie clinches the gong. he's been the most productive player all season.

Bale, RVP, Mata, Carrick, Suarez & Hazard have been nominated for PFA Player of Year.

I give it to Suarez.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
elampiro:

Bale, RVP, Mata, Carrick, Suarez & Hazard have been nominated for PFA Player of Year.

I give it to Suarez.
Are you taking a pis.s?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2013
I'll give it to Mata/Carrick cos of their consistency.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kingschild123(m): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
Is it true rooney wants to leave Manchester United?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2013
kingschild123: Is it true rooney wants to leave Manchester United?

falcao is on his way - united have paid half of his transfer fees.

SailorXY:
Are you taking a pis.s?

beats me how people are even considering a despicable lout like suarez. the same bastärd that racially abused paddy evra? let's even cut it down to raw stats - what has suarez done this season that is greater than van persie?

in terms of goals/assists, van persie wins hands down in spite of playing less minutes than suarez. van persie scored goals at etihad, white hart lane, stamford bridge, anfield and even did it on a dry afternoon in britannia. oh yes, he scored against his former club(arsenal) too and people still don't think he's miles ahead of the other players on the list?

it's a joke!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
chrisley024: I'll give it to Mata/Carrick cos of their consistency.
Wa gbayi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2013
I am picking Suarez ahead of RVP because Suarez's individual work rate before he gets his goals is the best in the EPL. Most times he gets to beat a man or two before he slots in the ball. I like such players. Another player that is like him is Aguero.

If I had a team, I would like such players as Suarez, Hazard and Aguero in it. They are hard to tame in a game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2013
kingschild123: Is it true rooney wants to leave Manchester United?

Just today, SAF said Rooney is not going to PSG that it's just rumours.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2013
It doesn't even matter if Suarez gets to beat 10 men before he scores all game long, he'll never win any individual accolade in England... & you can bet your house on that confidently!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
“The ironic thing was when we were chasing a goal with 14 minutes to
go, I decided to put Chicharito on. Shinji made our second goal, but I’d
already made the decision and given the fourth official the card. If I’d
changed my decision, I think we would have won the game because
Shinji was doing really well.”
- Ferguson
SMFD
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:22am On Apr 20, 2013
SailorXY: “The ironic thing was when we were chasing a goal with 14 minutes to
go, I decided to put Chicharito on. Shinji made our second goal, but I’d
already made the decision and given the fourth official the card. If I’d
changed my decision, I think we would have won the game because
Shinji was doing really well.”
- Ferguson
SMFD

shinji was doing well and he left jones on the pitch for 90 mins......
what a daft tactician. the moment van persie equalised, he should have removed jones, bring cleverley on......push shinji behind van persie and then use nani on the left channel. we didn't need giggs/chicharito cos by then west ham defended deeper!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 3:35am On Apr 20, 2013
elampiro:

I give it to Suarez.
Hazard? Carrick?? What about Michu and Cazorla who have been way better!! They goofed on that one but where spot on with the others
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 6:33am On Apr 20, 2013
A-40:

Hazard? Carrick?? What about Michu and Cazorla who have been way better!! They goofed on that one but where spot on with the others
Maybe you should change the name to spanish football award. What has cazorla done to merit nomination, accepted he is good,but he has not been outstanding, he is always overshadowed by wilshere anytime wilshere is on the field. And you are here doubting carrick who has been an outstanding and consistent performer for united this season. if anyone is going to come close to being nominated in that arsenal team he should be arteta, he's been the silent backbone of that team, just like carrick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 11:25am On Apr 20, 2013
FYI, SAF has denied making a down payment for Falcao. And as for the PFA award, its between Suarez aand Van Persie. Carrick just might just stand a chance too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2013
n0m0705:
Maybe you should change the name to spanish football award. What has cazorla done to merit nomination, accepted he is good,but he has not been outstanding, he is always overshadowed by wilshere anytime wilshere is on the field. And you are here doubting carrick who has been an outstanding and consistent performer for united this season. if anyone is going to come close to being nominated in that arsenal team he should be arteta, he's been the silent backbone of that team, just like carrick.

cazorla deserves to be there.....
he's been better than hazard and michu should have been on the list too. however, it's the PFA - majority of these players are dumb and they ride with the media.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:46am On Apr 20, 2013
n0m0705:
A player has scored 12 goals and provided 7 assists in his first season from midfield and you are asking me what he has done to deserve nomination? Wilshere ko crutches ni! How many games has he even played? Wilshere can never be as technically gifted as Cazorla is!
Only people consumed by English hype would compare Carrick's performance to Cazorla's this season
Cazorla is the hub! Everything at Arsenal goes through him

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
If Michu was nominated, I would go with him. Of the present nominees, I would pick Bale or Carrick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
Young out for the season. After almost 2 seasons I don't feel Young is the answer to our left wing.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
montelik: If Michu was nominated, I would go with him. Of the present nominees, I would pick Bale or Carrick.

bale whose team is lying in the 5th position.
in that case i would pick stephen fletcher or sessegnon!

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.