Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,559 members, 7,865,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:44 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8879135 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
montelik: Looks like Scholes will be retiring again this summer.

Retire and stay retired...he should not attempt the 3rd coming.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
Team: De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Kagawa, Rooney, Van Persie

Subs: Amos, Evans, Giggs, Cleverley, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
montelik: Team: De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Kagawa, Rooney, Van Persie

Subs: Amos, Evans, Giggs, Cleverley, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez

yet no anderson and cleverley in the starting line up....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2013
^^ No Giggs and Scholes either

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
man utd win tday n nxt week..if city drop point in any of d 3match dy r 2 play...then arsenal wl b our guard of honour
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
Even SAF is shaking his head at Valencia's poor play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
this phil jones experiment in the midfield is sickening....
the quality of our play is rubbish. rooney, carrick, valencia, van persie, vidic, rio and jones have all been rubbish. it's like they are all scared of the ball. evra/kagawa are the top performers. the others need to take a hard look at themselves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
half time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
go utd..more goals pls
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
Its clear SAF is trying to allow RVP the chance to claim the golden boot. His form has been poor and we have players on the bench who can come in, but still RVP starts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
See goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
6 points left to find. Home game coming up next, so should be 3 points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
Rooney had a shocker. Kagawa was best player on the pitch along with Vidic. Valencia improved as the game went on, I actually saw him put in a few good crosses for the first time in ages but Giggs offered more in just about 15 mins than his entire 90.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
Can sum1 tell me wat Fergie sees in dis Giggs? removin Kagawa 2 put him!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 9:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
That man(fergie) must be suffering from old age, it has been obvious that the jones in midfield experiment is not working well yet he persisted with it, imagine westham bossing the midfield. What offense has cleverley committed? I'll be the happiest person the day fergie decided to retire.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
n0m0705: That man(fergie) must be suffering from old age, it has been obvious that the jones in midfield experiment is not working well yet he persisted with it, imagine westham bossing the midfield. What offense has cleverley committed? I'll be the happiest person the day fergie decided to retire.

i will be happy if giggs slips on a banana peel and dislocates his pelvic joint. i can't stand him playing for us again. he's super-useless. phil jones in the midfield offers us nothing. no positional discipline to support the defence or the assault. he was nowhere to be found throughout!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Valencia looked more like his old self in the 2nd half. Now he just needs to keep improving.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
montelik: Valencia looked more like his old self in the 2nd half. Now he just needs to keep improving.

rafael factor.....
when rafael is on the pitch, he overlaps to create distractions. the marker follows his runs and that allows valencia a bit of space to make early crosses. when valencia is one on one with a marker, he's clueless. he cannot beat a marker again - he's done!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
Fergie just dey make person fear as per winning the league with his erratic selections and substitutions. If this what he wants to be doing next season with the return of mourinho and desperate City, then we shud just forget it.

League wey we suppose don wrap up we still dey dilly dally about, b4 we know what's happening City would close up and do us double a la last season.

Fergie dey vex me, I swear. Wetin him dey reserve or keep cleverly and anderson for that Giggs is getting a look in ahead of them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
no howard webb, no winning. from where i was, i was shouting at the top of my voice at 70 minutes, van persie was due to be substituted for howard webb.
epl is a joke for producing a champion that cannot win a single game without the aid of the ref.
it is a very big shame. if not for old age and its calculations, why will fergie bench webb in such a match.
next time, start how wedd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2013
coded guy: Fergie just dey make person fear as per winning the league with his erratic selections and substitutions. If this what he wants to be doing next season with the return of mourinho and desperate City, then we shud just forget it.

League wey we suppose don wrap up we still dey dilly dally about, b4 we know what's happening City would close up and do us double a la last season.
Fergie dey vex me, I swear. Wetin him dey reserve or keep cleverly and anderson for that Giggs is getting a look in ahead of them.

that's the way he is......
he likes that phrase "united do things the hard way" mantra. we have dropped 5 points in the last 3 games - all those games are winnable but he prefers morons in the midfield next to carrick. giggs completed 90 mins against city. jones completed 90 mins against west ham. i won't be surprised to see his wife completing 90 mins in that position next monday!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
Fergie has not piss.ed on United fans enough for one season? Valencia still in the first 11? Yet he adds pis.s to sh!it by introducing Giggs & forcing it down our throats! The Old Trafford faithful should start displaying placards from now till the end of this season, thanking Giggs tremendously for giving United his all & wishing him the best in whatever he engages himself in after retiring @ the end of this season. That is the best way to pass the message to this man already. It is obvious his selfishness is blinding the eFvck outf his azz
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 9:53am On Apr 18, 2013
why is everybody now complaining about the almighty giggs(man u messi) who was brought in to salvage the game yesterday though he failed.
the only white, black, green, red or even yellow(not my blue) truth is that the man or men(webb and clattenberg) who brought manure to where they are today on the log have been rested for next season with hope that the work is done but u can never tell.
against chelsea in the fa cup, both player refs were not there and we know the result. against man city, they were absent and we can tell what happened so getting a draw from west ham yesterday shows how strong ur team can be without refs.
were u missing van persie or vidic abi rooney?
una own na just wayo and that is what these games have exposed. vs arsenal last season, 8-2, WHO WAS THE REF? howard useless webb.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:59am On Apr 18, 2013
Fergie certainly doesn't like doing things the easy way.

It was always going to be a tough game but for me the tempo and battle gets lost by our midfield too easily. Jones didn't seem to know what he was doing, Valencia gets afforded too much time in the starting 11 with numerous poor uninspired performances that is never afford to Nani and Rooney and RVP have gone off the boil. If the midfield isn't addressed the summer we shouldn't even bother next season. Overall it was still an important point, we just need to ensure we beat villa. That is an absolute must, no excuses will be acceptable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 11:06am On Apr 18, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22193653

Robin van Persie equaliser angers West Ham boss Sam Allardyce

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce was furious with officials following Robin van Persie's controversial equaliser in a 2-2 draw with Manchester United.
With Van Persie offside for United's second, Allardyce fumed: "We had a fabulous win taken away from us."

wayo don enter manure dna so there is no stopping them. even if they play against enyimba of aba, they must do this wayo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 11:31am On Apr 18, 2013
Lwkm,see how guys ignore dis guy....lol

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
The is the first time I peeped on this thread since leaving it when it became too argumentative. I read everything in arrears and it's a bit balanced now.

My opinion might be different to many, but it is my genuine thought and analysis I am putting up again.

First, Vidic is the reason why we didn't lose yesterday against West Ham. It's probably the worst performance I have seen from United. It looks like SAF has demoralized the morale of many of the players. I can't see enthusiasm from Rooney anymore. If Nani should leave United I will be very bitter. He is the only one who has the ability to open up a tightly packed defense. With more games he will be great again.

I honestly thought Man United spent some 75 minutes playing and passing aimlessly around the midfield. How do u score if you don't get the ball often to 18 yard area of the opponents?

Now I want to pick at De Gea again. West Ham understood United weakness and made used of it to threaten us and kept us in our area most of the time. Don't get me wrong, De Gea is a good young keeper, but is deficiency in command of his area while defending set pieces and aerial balls made West Ham o keep pumping those balls into Unied's box. I always fear this. You see a lot of our players struggling to protect him and packed full the box in such situations. That is one problem that has to be worked on because more teams will use it against us, even next season.

Another thing I have noticed over time is, playing Vidic and Ferdinand guarantees fewer goals or clean sheets, but United hardly threaten much too to score lots of goals on the other end. This is because Vidic plays deep as he lacks speed to retract. It is worse when you pair him with Ferdinand. They will seat with the goalkeeper and create a huge gulf between defence and attack. No wonder our goals have dried up since both started playing together more. But Ferguson seems to like it, he probably feels if the defence can keep a clean sheet, at least a goal will come from the strikers. But I personally, prefer defence that play close to their forward, it makes the midfielders to be more creative. For a defence to play this way, the individual players should have speed to retract. Evans, Smalling and Jones should be given the experience.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
Fussbot: Lwkm,see how guys ignore dis guy....lol

Dont make him feel relevant.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
elampiro:
Now I want to pick at De Gea again. West Ham understood United weakness and made used of it to threaten us and kept us in our area most of the time. Don't get me wrong, De Gea is a good young keeper, but is deficiency in command of his area while defending set pieces and aerial balls made West Ham o keep pumping those balls into United's box. I always fear this. You see a lot of our players struggling to protect him and packed full the box in such situations. That is one problem that has to be worked on because more teams will use it against us, even next season.

so de gea's the reason west ham kept pumping the ball into our box? i guess de gea must have told west ham players to keep floating the ball into the box, right? you people just talk rubbish to justify your tunnel-vision. it's either you just started watching the premier league or you are simply trolling.

if you don't know how sam allardyce's team play in this day and age then there's nothing to be said. if you have 3 buffons in our goal last night, big sam would still have instructed his players to float the ball into the box. this is why they have andy caroll, it's got nothing to do with de gea. de gea dealt with all the dangerous situations last night including the one where he was elbowed in the face by caroll!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
My Opinion of players so far this season.

1.Rafael has been my best player this season. Despite lacking height, he is so balanced.

2. Evra is good while joining attack but mostly allow so much space on the far left-back which allows opponents to operate. He is easily beaten and joins centre back players in the box instead of picking his man in the wide.

3. Ferdinand and Vidic have the experience but lacking speed. The reason they play deep. Vidic is however highly valuable because of his aerial prowess. Will Vidic and Smalling work best? Or is it Vidic and Jones? What is the future like? Ferdinand is still great, but I don't think he is still a 'saviour'.

4. De Gea, a young and a potential world best, but I really get scared when those crosses fly into our box. Apart from the Madrid game in Spain, I haven't seen any exceptional save again. He made a good save against Chelsea in Old Trafford, but I felt he was badly positioned for Hazard's goal. He could also have done better in the second (equalizing) goal. Our overall play has been bad, but every good ball that beats the defence is as good as in the net.

5. Carrick is our best defensive midfielder, but he is behind players like Xavi, Alonso, Toure, Barry, Song, Bousqet, etc. Carrick is good while with the ball but poor off the ball. He is poor at tackling. In the whole, United is poor at marking, the players allow opponents too much space.

6. Cleverly and Anderson. Anderson is the only midfielder who can run with the ball and link well with the strikers. But he is below average in half of the matches. He needs to be more consistent, but how long will the coaching crew be patient with him.

Cleverly should play every game. He is always above average. But since March, he doesn't play well beyond the 55th minute. This was mostly evident in the games against Madrid, Chelsea and Sunderland too. However, these guys make us miss Fletcher.

6. Jones. He said said his best position is the centre back, and that he dislikes the midfield role. Ferguson desire to retain players who are defence minded and have helped in the clean slates recently. This is what is keeping Jones in the midfield, otherwise he lacks creativity there. He was manificient in the right back against Stoke City. With experience, he will do well in the centre too. A John Terry in the making.

7. Giggs. Giggs started the season very poorly. He and scholes made us lost our first two matches (Everton and Totteham) with the lack of speed to match opponents in the midfield. But Giggs changed some games for us later on in the season. When Young, Valencia and Nani were poor in the flanks, Giggs brought the wide play that made Ferguson to jettison the much criticized Diamond formation. In some matches, he exhibited the energy of a teenager as we saw in the matches around Christmas and the Madrid game. He wasn't our problem yesterday against West Ham. After all when he came, United didn't concede, instead the attacking was more and the equalizer came. Against City, he gave away the first City goal, but I still don't think he did badly. I will like Giggs to retire to enable the young players mature quickly. But, the average performance of these young lads always make SAF to remember Giggs and Scholes. The solution, retire Giggs and Scholes, sell the average lads like Anderson, Welbeck, Kagawa and co. United won UCL in 2008 when we had 'real strong men' like Owen Hagreaves operating from the defensive midfield, and sometimes from the right flank. Now sell all the average guys and buy real men from Germany, Spain and South America. If Fletcher had been fit, Scholes would never have returned, and Giggs and Jones wouldn't be getting midfield roles. Deploying Giggs to midfield is a game change I think even SAF didn't envisage.

8. Nani, Valencia and Young. I can't ever support Nani to go. He alone is capable of what he does. He has two great feet, can play from right, Left and Centre. He can shoot accurately with both feet and sometimes head in the box. His most important quality is ability to twist a defenders waist at a 'short notice' and opened up the defence. He can also run with the ball. Like Rooney, this has been his worst season. Perhaps, the arrival of Kagawa and RVP have caused SAF to unnecessarily not have faith in Nani and to some degree, Rooney too. The team rotation has dealt a big deal to the enthusiasm of Nani and Rooney.

Nani has always played his best football when Valencia is injured or/and Rooney out and he knows that he has to carry the team over several matches without his place being threatened. The problem has always been that he too soon get relegated to the bench as soon as Valencia or Young is fit even when he has been playing well. Now, with the presence of RVP and Kagawa Nani's woes have compounded. I want him retained. That's all.

Ashley Young. He will not end his career at United. I like him though for bringing good options.

Valencia should be retained for next season, we need to see if he can be his old self again. If Valencia cannot get space to run and get behind the opponents defence line, he is finished in the game. He can't play against a defence that plays deep and tightly packed. That's where Nani is more versatile. Valencia is however useful because he can play the number two position too. But we have Smalling and Jones also in the position.

9. Rooney and RVP. Every club wants them. SAF should motivate Rooney more.

10. Welbeck, Chicharito. If this is the way Welbeck is going to play, the ealier we ship him like Chelsea did to Sturridge, the better. He is causing selection problems.

Chicharito, he can't play but he scores. His goals are needed. But if we get to break the bank and get Falcao, then I can join in saying good bye to him for his own sake. But SAF can't afford Falcao. Chicha is just like Inzhagi. 18 box players.

Finally, the years we last dominated the midfield were when we had Owen Hargreaves and Flectcher fit. We need such agile, energetic and mobile midfielders. Oshea will do better than many of the supposed midfielders and make shift midfielders we had today. Oshea was an average player, but he probably would have helped us last season and this. We need to move forward, let SAF get capable midfielder, and I am sure he knows where to look at.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
coogar:

so de gea's the reason west ham kept pumping the ball into our box? i guess de gea must have told west ham players to keep floating the ball into the box, right? you people just talk rubbish to justify your tunnel-vision. it's either you just started watching the premier league or you are simply trolling.

if you don't know how sam allardyce's team play in this day and age then there's nothing to be said. if you have 3 buffons in our goal last night, big sam would still have instructed his players to float the ball into the box. this is why they have andy caroll, it's got nothing to do with de gea. de gea dealt with all the dangerous situations last night including the one where he was elbowed in the face by caroll!
ha!ha!dis guy didn't comment al dis while cus of INSULTS!k?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
teeo:

Dont make him it feel relevant.
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: LORDLARGE(m), maik99(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.