Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,888 members, 7,851,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:19 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8842772 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
StarBoard: @coogar,
I wouldn't exactly put Dortmund in the category of Dark Horses.
I'm thinking they've been there and about over the years and it's not a surprise they've gotten this far.Two-time defending bunsesliga champions isnt a mean feat in the midst of the mighty Bayern.
You are correct that the European competiton throws up the odd underdog every year. By your formula, it wouldnt be out of place to put Dortmund in that list,though they sort of have European pedigree

they are 20 points below bayern in germany!
if united sacrifice the premier league title to chase the champions league, don't you think we would be fierce in europe?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sleekdot(m): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar:

if united sacrifice the premier league title to chase the champions league, don't you think we would be fierce in europe?

Madrid is a gazzilion points behind Barca, How is that working for them?

City is double digits behind manre how is that working out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar:

I dont think that fact is enough to classify them as underdogs.
Like Sleekdot says, Real are 13 points behind Barca. In that context it is a surprise that they are in the semis of the CL this season.
That does not diminish their status as a top team in Europe.
I'm pretty sure that United won't need to sacrifice any race for the other, because they normally go all out for the top competitions even though the Premier League is the priority.
Dortmund are past winners of this competition when it was actually harder to win it (i.e. with only two reps from the top countries and 16 teams in the group phase). They are the anti-thesis of big-spending Bayern and have achieved success without having to throw too much cash around.They are not a small team by any means.
They may be the least in term of pedigree of the remaining teams, but they are unbeaten so far in this competition. That should count for something, i think.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
I think we are under estimating Welbeck crudely here, maybe because he plays for United I'm not so sure. I, for one, was praying he returns to United from Sunderland when he was loaned out, altho I must a admit to not liking his style at all prior to the Sunderland & I wished he was sold permanently. Young players need time, its not easy displacing established stars already ahead of you in a team. Welbeck can improve on his finishing, unfortunately he won't get many chances to play upfront as a lone striker like he had @ Sunderland. He definitely has the ability.
@Chicharito; same story for him as well. Who is to say he won't have scored 24 goals like van Persie currently, given the same chances in a season?
@Kagawa; he recently said he is not satisfied with his overall input this season. He has presently returned to form & this is the kind of mentality we need from our players.
Not Valencia complaining at being substituted even when the whole world can see he's just farting on the pitch
@Nani; he is eager to prove himself but I don't think Fergie is helping this young man. He doesn't look encouraged & I hope United keep him instead of Young
Giggs & Scholes should surely find their bedrooms now & fall to their wives permanently!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar: i will say get rid of giggs.....
bring in gundogan to complement what carrick, anderson and cleverley currently provide and we would be very fine!
the person wey do this love potion for you, e no go better for am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2013
Anderson does not provide anything. How else do you want us to explain this obvious fact?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2013
Dortmund underdogs? Weren't they SAF's pick to win the UCL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2013
StarBoard:
I dont think that fact is enough to classify them as underdogs.
Like Sleekdot says, Real are 13 points behind Barca. In that context it is a surprise that they are in the semis of the CL this season.
I'm pretty sure that United won't need to sacrifice any race for the other, because they normally go all out for the top competitions even though the Premier League is the priority.
Dortmund are past winners of this competition when it was actually harder to win it (i.e. with only two reps from the top countries and 16 teams in the group phase). They are the anti-thesis of big-spending Bayern and have achieved success without having to throw too much cash around.They are not a small team by any means.
They may be the least in term of pedigree of the remaining teams, but they are unbeaten so far in this competition. That should count for something, i think.

Leave am make he dey yarn opaks

First he said it wa the Winter break, Now its because they are 20 points

Madrid didnt they have winter break? are they not 15 points behind Barca?

Why were they mauled last night
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
StarBoard:
I dont think that fact is enough to classify them as underdogs. Like Sleekdot says, Real are 13 points behind Barca. In that context it is a surprise that they are in the semis of the CL this season.

that's exactly my point, all these minnows want to do it the chelsea way or the milan way in 2007 or liverpool way in 2005. they throw the league and concentrate fully on europe. united put more effort on the premier league.

this is why someone should tell dayothecamel to shut the fück up about power shift to germany. they have to play in the final for 5 consecutive seasons to even get my consideration. one or two seasons ain't enough. english clubs were at it from 2005 till 2009.

i think it's more difficult these days.....
oligarchs and russian billionaires have spoilt it for clubs with pedigree. without roman's dirty money, bayern would have won it last season without wahala. now we have PSG, malaga and city throwing the spanner in the wheels of the teams with pedigree.

i agree - they are good value for money in the confines of the german republic. it does not make every player of theirs world class like dayo keeps singing. jeeeez, the wänkfest is toe-curling!

montelik: Dortmund underdogs? Weren't they SAF's pick to win the UCL.
mbulela: Anderson does not provide anything. How else do you want us to explain this obvious fact?

anderson is the soul of man utd midfield!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2013
at first, i was unhappy when dt turkish ref ruined our ucl chances, bt afterwards, i actually feel twas a blessing in disguise. It clda been man utd torn to shreds ystdy or d dai b4, and i wnt bet my money against it. Thank God we won d EPL sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
dademola: at first, i was unhappy when dt turkish ref ruined our ucl chances, bt afterwards, i actually feel twas a blessing in disguise. It clda been man utd torn to shreds ystdy or d dai b4, and i wnt bet my money against it. Thank God we won d EPL sha.
Actually, I don't believe you. United CAN NEVER be disgraced in any UCL knockout round as long as it is home & away ties...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
If any of BvB or Bayern make the finals that would mean Bundesliga has produced finalist in 3 of the last 4 CL finals and you still dont realize power is shifting

2011 3 EPL clubs made quarters and 1 made semi

Last year 2012 only 1 EPL clubs made it to the CL quarters

This year 2013 0 English teams made it to the CL quarters

Even a blind man can see and if FFP comes it would get worse
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
dademola: at first, i was unhappy when dt turkish ref ruined our ucl chances, bt afterwards, i actually feel twas a blessing in disguise. It clda been man utd torn to shreds ystdy or d dai b4, and i wnt bet my money against it.
Guy u are right, although i still see utd doing the CHELs.h.i.t style dirtyfootball of defending...

dayokanu: If any of BvB or Bayern make the finals that would mean Bundesliga has produced finalist in 3 of the last 4 CL finals and you still dont realize power is shifting

2011 3 EPL clubs made quarters and 1 made semi

Last year 2012 only 1 EPL clubs made it to the CL quarters

This year 2013 0 English teams made it to the CL quarters

Even a blind man can see and if FFP comes it would get worse
I jus hope we hav an all german final so as to show their STRENGHT from the academy to the senior national team...2nd in WC 2002, 3rd in WC 2006, 2nd in £URO$ 2008, 3rd in WC 2010, now that is called CONSISTENCY (no bi beanz abeg).
Also i'm a lover of the brazilian/spanish/dutch football BUT it will not be a mistake to tip germany 4 the WC 2014 trophy...
@cooga wen u see the truth (good football) say it...the present generation of german players e.g Lahm haz achieved more than the present engrish players includin the retired scholes,owen,etc that is fact
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 11:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar:

anderson is the soul food of man utd midfield!
Dude needs to lay off the pies and fizzy drinks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
@cooga wen u see the truth (good football) say it...the present generation of german players e.g Lahm haz achieved more than the present engrish players includin the retired scholes,owen,etc that is fact

the present generation of german players have won nothing on the continent for country or club the english players have won for club. scholes, rooney, carrick, rio, hargreaves, ashley cole, gerrard, carragher, lampard, terry have all won the champions league. show me any german player of this generation with the same achievement......

it seems you watch your football in the moon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
peter says:
April 25, 2013 at 7:46 pm
If we can sign Lewandowski or Falcao, then Rooney should be sold.
We should be tired of converting players into position that will make
them master of none e.g defender to midfielder, winger to
midfielder, striker to winger/midfielder… I mean its sickening! We are
United for Heaven’s sake. Sir Alex should go into the market & buy
proper midfield players, retire Giggs & Scholes PERMANENTLY, sell
Young & maybe Anderson (or give the lad a decent chance). It is an
anathema that Giggs will be patrolling our CM @ 40yrs old while
Cleverley, Anderson, Powell, Kagawa, etc will be benched. What
encouragement are we giving to the youth?! Our midfield is probably
the worst among the elites in Europe, compare with Bayern, Madrid,
Dortmund, Juve, Citeh, Barca, etc. & this is FACT… Time for proper
reinforcement is now, NOT CONVERSIONS!!!
ben says:
April 25, 2013 at 8:26 pm
After reading the following statistics, can someone explain to me
why Chicharito is given so few opportunities to play for Man. U. The
only reason i can think of is that he behaves as a “nice guy”:
“If Manchester United do go on to win their 20th Premier League
title it will be down to their lethal and efficient attacking play which
has allowed them to continue to dominate even during Van Persie’s
goal drought. United have three of the top five players in the EA
SPORTS Player Performance Index for minutes per goal or assists
this season.
Hernandez leads the ranking, averaging a goal or assist every 71
minutes this season, while Van Persie is ranked third with one every
84 minutes, and Rooney fifth with one every 93 minutes.
I couldn't agree less
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 11:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
Guy u are right, although i still see utd doing the CHELs.h.i.t style dirtyfootball of defending...

I jus hope we hav an all german final so as to show their STRENGHT from the academy to the senior national team...2nd in WC 2002, 3rd in WC 2006, 2nd in £URO$ 2008, 3rd in WC 2010, now that is called CONSISTENCY (no bi beanz abeg).
Also i'm a lover of the brazilian/spanish/dutch football BUT it will not be a mistake to tip germany 4 the WC 2014 trophy...
lwkm...bro nxt time,pls get ur facts right before u say anything on this forum..lahm dat has only won 8 trophies in his proffesional career compared to scholes dat has 26,owen dat won d ballond'or in 2001,rooney 14,ashley cole 15??infact,lahm has achieved so much dat he has never won d champions league in his carrer..mtscheew
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 11:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
Power shifted 2 d bundesliga since 2009 u said??oh yeah!no german club have won the champions league since dat 2009...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
Fussbot: Power shifted 2 d bundesliga since 2009 u said??oh yeah!no german club have won the champions league since dat 2009...

schalke were destroyed home n away in 2011. they conceded 6 goals in a semi final tie with germany's best goalkeeper in goal. angry without him, it could have been 14 goals conceded.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 11:57pm On Apr 25, 2013
The .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 11:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
The best player in the bundesliga last season was not even nominated in the pfa dis season..yeah»»»»kagawa...dia best player 2010 season did not even make d 1st 32(lol..eleven) of real madrid»»»sahin..bundesliga ko galisedunb n!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 12:16am On Apr 26, 2013
coogar:

schalke were destroyed home n away in 2011. they conceded 6 goals in a semi final tie with germany's best goalkeeper in goal. angry without him, it could have been 14 goals conceded.
no mind dem bro..dis same borrusia they all shouting 2dae were d least on their table with only just 4 points in the group stages last season...also in dia group»»arsenal,marseille, and olympiakos...naw dey are having a decent season and dey all now world class...mtscheew
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:21am On Apr 26, 2013

Next seasons kit?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 7:50am On Apr 26, 2013
montelik:

Next seasons kit?

Yet another atrocious design! undecided

Why do Manure keep churning out garbages called kits year after year? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:33am On Apr 26, 2013
SailorXY:

I couldn't agree less

Statistics don't tell it all. That is why you have Wellbeck playing despite not scoring. Chicharito's off days are too bad. You might not even see him in 15 minutes and when he eventually touches the ball, he makes nonsense passes. Unlike Wellbeck, he never had an off day. SAF so much value his overall contribution and work rate. Then RVP despite having less goals ratio than Chicharito, his overall play cannot be ignored. Chicharito is more like a situation player, the opposition has to be right and tactics adjusted to suit his game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 26, 2013
nitlad:

Yet another atrocious design! undecided

Why do Manure keep churning out garbages called kits year after year? undecided

Really United need to be doing better on the kit front.
This looks like my secondary school interhouse sports vest for red house.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2013
Awful kit, my sons definitely won't be getting those. lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2013
coogar:

the present generation of german players have won nothing on the continent for country or club the english players have won for club. scholes, rooney, carrick, rio, hargreaves, ashley cole, gerrard, carragher, lampard, terry have all won the champions league. show me any german player of this generation with the same achievement......

it seems you watch your football in the moon.
Then if they are sooo good as winnin the ucl, i want to see them replicate dat in the NT...anybodi can win the ucl e.g wanyama,etc but it will take GREAT players to do that in WC cos WC isn't for kids ask raul, hierro, karanka, shearer, guardiola, etc
The achievement of those ur listed players in the ucl has been attributed to the INFLUX OF FOREIGN MACHINERIES coupled wit FOREIGN BILLIONs.
Messi is my best player but if he continues to unda-achieve wit the NT, then he has failed woefully.
Do u know why football (like hiphop) is dead?...cos we have players who only do well 4 clubs & score f9 in NT.
Oh gone were the days of zizu, ronaldo(dinho), rivaldo, klinsman, mathias, landrup, beckamp, baggio, patrick-kluivert, biehoff, etc players who not only did well for clubs but played like HIRED MACHINERIES in NT etc
Fussbot: lwkm...bro nxt time,pls get ur facts right before u say anything on this forum..lahm dat has only won 8 trophies in his proffesional career compared to scholes dat has 26,owen dat won d ballond'or in 2001,rooney 14,ashley cole 15??infact,lahm has achieved so much dat he has never won d champions league in his carrer..mtscheew
Na wa o, u jus use only ucl against lahm (even ronaldo phenomeno doesn't hav 1), ok wit those players listed show me 1 achievement in the NT as compared to lahm/ballack...
I'm a utd fan but i will never be a DICKRIDA of epl esp engrish boyz...i watch all leagues sometimes wake up (12am-2am) to watch Argentine league on aljazeera

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
Then if they are sooo good as winnin the ucl, i want to see them replicate dat in the NT...anybodi can win the ucl e.g wanyama,etc but it take will GREAT players to do that in WC cos WC isn't for kids ask raul, hierro, karanka, shearer, etc
The achievement of those ur listed players in the ucl has been attributed to the INFLUX OF FOREIGN MACHINERIES coupled wit FOREIGN BILLIONs.
Messi is my best player but if he continues to unda-achieve wit the NT, then he has failed woefully.
Do u know why football (like hiphop) is dead?...cos we have players who only do well 4 clubs & score f9 in NT.
Oh gone were the days of zizu, ronaldo(dinho), rivaldo, klinsman, mathias, landrup, beckamp, baggio etc players who not only did well for clubs but played like HIRED MACHINERIES in NT etc

but no german player in the current generation has won for club or country...... the english player are miles ahead. the last time germany won a tournament was in 96....the last time a german club won the champions league was in 2001. the twin towers were still standing when these things happened. a child born then would be preparing for junior WAEC now. grin

the new kit....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2013
Na wa o, u jus use only ucl against lahm (even ronaldo phenomeno doesn't hav 1), ok wit those players listed show me 1 achievement in the NT as compared to lahm/ballack...
I'm a utd fan but i will never be a DICKRIDA of epl esp engrish boyz...i watch all leagues sometimes wake up (12am-2am) to watch Argentine league on aljazeera[/quote]OYA TELL ME 1 ACHIEVEMENT OF LAHM/BALLACK WITH DIA NATIONAL TEAM...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2013
SailorXY:
Actually, I don't believe you. United CAN NEVER be disgraced in any UCL knockout round as long as it is home & away ties...
aha!!! Wot about 2007 wen ac milan flog us 3-0 for san siro?? Again, r we actually betta dan dis madrid side?? If not for rvp dis season.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
Fussbot:
OYA TELL ME 1 ACHIEVEMENT OF LAHM/BALLACK WITH DIA NATIONAL TEAM...
Guy no vex o, even me mysef no know the ans...hehehe
coogar:
...... the english player are miles ahead. the last time germany won a tournament was in 96....
...& the last time the engrish achieved any meaningful success in a tournament waz when, the UEFA WOMEN's CHAMPIONSHIP in 1984 & 2009...i dey laff o

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Trevor012(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.