Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,642 members, 7,861,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:12 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8867764 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
RuuDie:

If bayern make a grave tactical error on wednesday they will be roasted alive...same applies to real, barcelona and dortmund. so what is your point?
Barring a sending off or two I don't see Barca roasting anybody! They are far too defensively weak to keep Bayern from scoring
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2013
#MUFC Team:

De Gea,

Rafael, Evans, Rio, Evra,

Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Nani,

Rooney, RVP

Subs - Lindegaard, Buttner, Anderson, Giggs, Cleverley, Kagawa and Hernandez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 4:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
EVRA. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
montelik: EVRA. undecided
even taiye taiwo wldnt be positioned like dt
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 4:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
Rubbish, thank God Arsenal wasted their early domination? Rooney off for Kagawa and Anderson on for Jones. Seeing as this has become a physical contest we could use Ando more so than Cleverley in the middle to help out Carrick, who is being shutdown.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2013
dademola: even taiye taiwo wldnt be positioned like dt

While true, Walcott was offside.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
Don't know what to make of this performance.
Very subdued.
Like they still are on a high after last Monday.
If they play like this next Sunday, Chelsea will beat us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
Mr_TA:

While true, Walcott was offside.
If Walcott had timed his run properly he still woulda scored.
Evra's positioning has always been questionable.
I'm not sure of his value to the side anymore.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2013
Nani substituted late. He was not happy even as Ferguson shook him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
StarBoard:
If Walcott had timed his run properly he still woulda scored.
Evra's positioning has always been questionable.
I'm not sure of his value to the side anymore.

There's no way of knowing that for sure as if it was that easy Walcott would have easily done it again. I think you're being overly harsh about Evra. He has been petty solid this season. Eventually we need a replacement but he has still been one of our solid and consistent performers this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:33pm On Apr 28, 2013
SAF substitution of Nani at 80th minute didn't make sense to me. Nani is one player that should be on the field all through 90 minutes of the remaining fixtures.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
StarBoard: Don't know what to make of this performance.
Very subdued.
Like they still are on a high after last Monday.
If they play like this next Sunday, Chelsea will beat us.

They did well in the second half. The final balls were only the problems. Giggs could have finished them off, he wasn't lucky. Valencia needed a good pass to put Nani through, but he hit it too hard. Looks like some players were not bothered about getting a win today.

I am concerned about Nani, will he stay?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
Performance was as expected. Arsenal had the better of the 1st half as they have a lot more to play for but they didnt really create much despite their first half domination as they were pretty toothless in the final third. We still had the better chances despite being sluggish and 2nd best. 2nd half we were much better and controlled most of the it but again didnt do much with our opportunities. All in all a point was fair. Good to see Nani start, wasnt a good game for him but he wasnt bad, the game just didnt really go his way. A lot of the balls out to him were pretty poor. Still hope he stays and he gets a good run of form and fitness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson:
"We got caught on the backfoot in the first 20 mins. The referee found it difficult to determine what was a good and bad tackle.

"Podolski committed two yellow-card tackles while we were booked for our first tackle. It was unusual for us to get so many bookings - we have a good disciplinary record.

"Walcott was apparently was offside for his goal. The referee apologised to Rio Ferdinand saying he got it wrong. It wasn't his fault - it was the linesman's. It was an uphill fight for us after losing the first goal."

On Van Persie's penalty:
"He's taken three so far. It takes bottle to take a penalty when the crowd are booing. We have a great spirit of applauding players when they come back to our club. I expected the booing to be honest with you."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
Even tho I didn't see the game, from the line up sef I wouldn't expect a good performance. Kagawa on the bench, natural midfielders on the bench for a defender to play their position, Rooney still started with his atrocious form, Chicharito & Buttner overlooked even tho this is the amp opportunity to given them much needed encouragement, Nani couldn't be allowed to complete 90' cuz a "certain legend" MUST grace the pitch!
.Abegii, we for allow arsenal win by the way! Anyone but chelshit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 7:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
There was no better way to answer all those stupid arsenal fans that were booing RVP, did anyone noticed that after he scored that penalty the boos reduced drastically, they were all praying for their survival. Bunch of hypocrites
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
n0m0705: There was no better way to answer all those stupid arsenal fans that were booing RVP, did anyone noticed that after he scored that penalty the boos reduced drastically, they were all praying for their survival. Bunch of hypocrites

Arsenal fans undoing themselves. The booing made van Persie to take it personal. No wonder Adebayo celebrated in their front.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
SailorXY: Even tho I didn't see the game, from the line up sef I wouldn't expect a good performance. Kagawa on the bench, natural midfielders on the bench for a defender to play their position, Rooney still started with his atrocious form, Chicharito & Buttner overlooked even tho this is the amp opportunity to given them much needed encouragement, Nani couldn't be allowed to complete 90' cuz a "certain legend" MUST grace the pitch!

No na. The selection was ok and the game too. There was nothing Kagawa could have done special today. Jones' work today was to soak pressure in the defensive midfield and I believed he did it very well. His energy perfectly complemented Carrick today, and Anderson also did well there when he came in.

It's wrong to criticize Rooney, he is the hub of the team, and an average Rooney is better than over 90% of players in the EPL. His retention of possession is magnificent, he hardly loses possession. So many time he freed Valencia with good balls, he always made himself available thereby creating an option to his colleagues to make a pass. His reading of the game is second to none.

I honestly don't think Butner is capable of replacing Evra, neither do I see him as a big game player.
You mentioned that United should have allowed Arsenal to win. I honestly thought that was what they were up to in the first half, even in the second half there was no so much hunger to finish off in the Arsenal 18.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
elampiro: Nani substituted late. He was not happy even as Ferguson shook him.

stüpid decision - it could have been nani through on goal at the death when giggsy's snailspeed allowed arsenal defenders to catch up before wasting the chance. giggs' first touch was useless and his finish was horrible.

nani is our best winger - he's the only winger we have at the moment that can beat his marker. valencia should have been taken off instead of nani. anderson was also impressive when he came on. he brought some urgency to the immobile midfield. we could have easily won that game had fergie been smarter with his subs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
coogar:

stüpid decision - it could have been nani through on goal at the death when giggsy's snailspeed allowed arsenal defenders to catch up before wasting the chance. giggs' first touch was useless and his finish was horrible.

nani is our best winger - he's the only winger we now have that can beat his marker. valencia should have been taken off instead of nani. anderson was also impressive when he came on. he brought some urgency to the immobile midfield. we could have easily won that game had fergie been smarter with his subs.

Agreed. Nani is the only winger who can beat his marker, and he does it with ease. I think SAF non encouragement of him is making him not to play freely, thereby resulting in some small errors. If he were the one that was through, he would have since been lost- off the sight of his markers. Valencia improved so much, but his final balls were not so perfect, although he gave the crosses. Giggs has the best final balls among the winger, I think that's why SAF keep playing him, but he was not needed today. Anderson did very well. Consistency has always been his problem. This is the time SAF should give Nani and Anderson games to see what possibly they will be doing in the future.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
SailorXY: Even tho I didn't see the game, from the line up sef I wouldn't expect a good performance. Kagawa on the bench, natural midfielders on the bench for a defender to play their position, Rooney still started with his atrocious form, Chicharito & Buttner overlooked even tho this is the amp opportunity to given them much needed encouragement, Nani couldn't be allowed to complete 90' cuz a "certain legend" MUST grace the pitch!

LMAO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
Mr_TA:

There's no way of knowing that for sure as if it was that easy Walcott would have easily done it again. I think you're being overly harsh about Evra. He has been petty solid this season. Eventually we need a replacement but he has still been one of our solid and consistent performers this season.
The amounts of Space Walcott had to score tells me he could have timed his run a bit cleverly.Evra is a doofus who doesn't seem to give a hoot about defending.Walcott murdered him down that right, it's pretty much a miracle they didn't score more than once. That same scenario played out again where he was caught out after ball-watching in the first half but fortunately we were saved by the more-agile linesman.
Evra is as useful as a cupboard on the pitch while defending.I don't know what solid means but he is the weak link in our back four.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
elampiro:
Agreed. Nani is the only winger who can beat his marker, and he does it with ease. I think SAF non encouragement of him is making him not to play freely, thereby resulting in some small errors. If he were the one that was through, he would have since been lost- off the sight of his markers. Valencia improved so much, but his final balls were not so perfect, although he gave the crosses. Giggs has the best final balls among the winger, I think that's why SAF keep playing him, but he was not needed today. Anderson did very well. Consistency has always been his problem. This is the time SAF should give Nani and Anderson games to see what possibly they will be doing in the future.

i am not even sure giggs has the best final ball - he's a hit n miss player.
under no circumstances should jones/giggs be starting ahead of cleverley and anderson in the midfield. we lose a lot of urgency in the midfield with those quacks.

valencia did not improve one jot - he had the pace and the power to bully gibbs but he kept hesitating. SAF is a complete idiöt when it comes to substitution. he should have taken out jones and rooney for anderson and hernandez respectively in the 70th minute. giggs had no business on the pitch today. he stank the whole joint and wasted the best chance in the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
coogar:

i am not even sure giggs has the best final ball - he's a hit n miss player.
under no circumstances should jones/giggs be starting ahead of cleverley and anderson in the midfield. we lose a lot of urgency in the midfield with those quacks.

valencia did not improve one jot - he had the pace and the power to bully gibbs but he kept hesitating. SAF is a complete idiöt when it comes to substitution. he should have taken out jones and rooney for anderson and hernandez respectively in the 70th minute. giggs had no business on the pitch today. he stank the whole joint and wasted the best chance in the game.

Personally, I always want Rooney to finish our games (play the whole 90 minutes).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
elampiro:
Personally, I always want Rooney to finish our games (play the whole 90 minutes).

rooney was shyte all through the time he was on the pitch!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
coogar:

rooney was shyte all through the time he was on the pitch!

Na wa! Else where people are voting Rooney or Jones as the man of the match. May be it depends on the way we look at things. Last week SAF said Jones will be the United greatest ever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
elampiro:

for what so that he wont threaten to leave? and probably get another handsome pay-rise? look Mr., Rooney days are gone< as far as being the GO-TO man in Manchester United is concerned and he knows it<<< forget all this ginger "he is the hub of the team, the fulcrum, the fatia-rolling-dollar, bla bla bla". He can leave for all I care, if we are getting another striker, let him quietly pack up & leave with his wife. No time for conversions, Fergie should buy proper midfield players.
#end of
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2013
elampiro:
Na wa! Else where people are voting Rooney or Jones as the man of the match. May be it depends on the way we look at things. Last week SAF said Jones will be the United greatest ever.

rooney as the MOTM?
with his misplaced passes and general poor play? fergie is just being funny. jones will never be even considered to be better than djemba-djemba if he doesn't play in the defence(as a centre half) - that is his natural position. his positioning and technique is 4th grade.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
This is the 2012/2013 PFA team of the year. Man United has four players. I am personally happy for De Gea for making it into the team despite a lot of criticism from some fans on this forum that he is not better than Hart and Cech. Some members even said that Asmir Begovic and Julio Cesar. Most especially @elampiro who was so critical of De Gea. This was all myself, @coogar and some other fans were saying that De Gea has improved a lot this season. Also, he wasn't as bad as some fans painted him last season. These are facts and not articles some individuals sat down somewhere and wrote. I believe this is just the beginning of greater prospect for him.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
gareth bale won the pfa player of the year

what a joke!!! van persie scored against all the top teams away from home. etihad, emirates, anfield, white hart lane, etc!

Fabville: This is the 2012/2013 PFA team of the year. Man United has four players. I am personally happy for De Gea for making it into the team despite a lot of criticism from some fans on this forum that he is not better than Hart and Cech. Some members even said that Asmir Begovic and Julio Cesar. Most especially @elampiro who was so critical of De Gea. This was all myself, @coogar and some other fans were saying that De Gea has improved a lot this season. Also, he wasn't as bad as some fans painted him last season. These are facts and not articles some individuals sat down somewhere and wrote. I believe this is just the beginning of greater prospect for him.

de gea is the best goalie in the country by a country mile. his rivals are not even close. did you see the goal joe hart conceded yesterday?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 11:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
this Joe Hart comedy suppose dey show for Comedy Central.
If DDG do half of this na fathwa dem go issue for him head.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2013
btw, how worse can Valencia get?
Dude is scaring me with his atrocious performances this season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.