Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,065 members, 7,852,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:47 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8844105 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:40pm On Apr 26, 2013
dademola: aha!!! Wot about 2007 wen ac milan flog us 3-0 for san siro?? Again, r we actually betta dan dis madrid side?? If not for rvp dis season.......
milan were easily the team to beat @ the said time... plus United was a very young team *the peak period of the transition*... given the circumstances, u cant really term it a disgrace bro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
SailorXY:
milan were easily the team to beat @ the said time... plus United was a very young team *the peak period of the transition*... given the circumstances, u cant really term it a disgrace bro

the defence was a joke on the night too...... oshea, brown and heinze. vidic was also rushed to make the 2nd leg tie. that united team was unhinged by injuries. united have learnt from that experience and they have not looked back since then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
That Milan game in 2007 was incredibly fortunate for them. For about a 2-3 week period around the semis we had only 15 partially fit players (which included 3 goalies) SAF was drafting players from the academies to fill his match day roster. Our back 4 in the game at O.T had never played together and some had never played the positions they were asked to fill. Not to mention we were fielding half fit guys (Ronaldo and Scholes were carrying injuries).

All things said we lost 5-3 on aggregate, hardly embarrassment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
bt serzly, r u guys saying dt dis present man utd side cldnt have suffered d same fate as madrid and barca?? Is it dt u feel we r betta dan dis 2 teams, or fergie wld hav got his tactics spot on, or that d present squad is betta dan dt 2007 manutd squad??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:37pm On Apr 26, 2013
dademola: bt serzly, r u guys saying dt dis present man utd side cldnt have suffered d same fate as madrid and barca?? Is it dt u feel we r betta dan dis 2 teams, or fergie wld hav got his tactics spot on, or that d present squad is betta dan dt 2007 manutd squad??

never, united don't leave themselves open away from home to concede 4-0 or 4-1. fergie keeps it tight away from home and even if we lose, it wouldn't have been more than by a goal margin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 11:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
Lol..case closed jhor..simply cus u he has no any... [quote author=Alaba_Slim]
Guy no vex o, even me mysef no know the ans...hehehe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:34am On Apr 27, 2013
I don't know why all the noise about Giggs. . .the fact that he still played this many games should be a slap on the face of the youngsters we have.
The endeavor, vigor, attitude and passion that 40yr old man shows when he is on the field is the total embodiment of what UTD signifies, demands of its stars; and which clearly is lacking in many of our young guns!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 7:18am On Apr 27, 2013
dademola: aha!!! Wot about 2007 wen ac milan flog us 3-0 for san siro?? Again, r we actually betta dan dis madrid side?? If not for rvp dis season.......
dademola: bt serzly, r u guys saying dt dis present man utd side cldnt have suffered d same fate as madrid and barca?? Is it dt u feel we r betta dan dis 2 teams, or fergie wld hav got his tactics spot on, or that d present squad is betta dan dt 2007 manutd squad??
I don't know u BUT i luv u 4 been objective...continue no shaking
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 27, 2013
coogar:

never, united don't leave themselves open away from home to concede 4-0 or 4-1. fergie keeps it tight away from home and even if we lose, it wouldn't have been more than by a goal margin.
aha!! U're being decieved by our defensive displays at totenham and madrid, i tell u.for barca to hav rubbished us soo sooo badly in a UCL final( a final,where u're expected to b compact and organised, especially if u're d underdog.. for crying out loud), dnt put anything past man utd.gone r d daiz of ferdinand/vidic and VDS saving our arses, and maybe scholes coming on in d 2nd half to 'calm things down'. I still maintain dt, it clda been us, believe me!! All dt is nided is a tactical goof by fergie. We all knw dt, at dis stage in d UCL, any grave tactical error by a coach, d opponent punishes d team severely
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:38am On Apr 27, 2013
dademola: aha!! U're being decieved by our defensive displays at totenham and madrid, i tell u.for barca to hav rubbished us soo sooo badly in a UCL final( a final,where u're expected to b compact and organised, especially if u're d underdog.. for crying out loud), dnt put anything past man utd.gone r d daiz of ferdinand/vidic and VDS saving our arses, and maybe scholes coming on in d 2nd half to 'calm things down'. I still maintain dt, it clda been us, believe me!! All dt is nided is a tactical goof by fergie. We all knw dt, at dis stage in d UCL, any grave tactical error by a coach, d opponent punishes d team severely
probably u aint an ardent observer of tactics on the pitch... Do u honestly believe Madrid deserve their place in the semis?? Barca has been on a downward spiral for some time too, the Barca I know will not fall 0-2 to this Milan side full of pricks no matter the venue. Bayern Munich eliminated United some years back because of the inexperience of a certain Rafael *who still managed to render Ribery useless by the way*. The first leg in Germany was lost 1-2 with Bayern dominating so badly, but it mattered not. In 35mins of the Old Trafford duel, United were 3 goals up. If you were thinking for a second this Bayern will beat United 4-0, even if the match is played in the moon, then I don't fancy the *good sh!it* you are filling your lungs with.
Plus talking about the final against Barca, remember I said home & away ties. Had we met that same Barca in the semis, they won't make it to the finals... & who's to say Barca of the said era won't disgrace any other team they face in the final
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bashydemy(m): 8:59am On Apr 27, 2013
SailorXY: probably u aint an ardent observer of tactics on the pitch... Do u honestly believe Madrid deserve their place in the semis?? Barca has been on a downward spiral for some time too, the Barca I know will not fall 0-2 to this Milan side full of pricks no matter the venue. Bayern Munich eliminated United some years back because of the inexperience of a certain Rafael *who still managed to render Ribery useless by the way*. The first leg in Germany was lost 1-2 with Bayern dominating so badly, but it mattered not. In 35mins of the Old Trafford duel, United were 3 goals up. If you were thinking for a second this Bayern will beat United 4-0, even if the match is played in the moon, then I don't fancy the *good sh!it* you are filling your lungs with.
Plus talking about the final against Barca, remember I said home & away ties. Had we met that same Barca in the semis, they won't make it to the finals... & who's to say Barca of the said era won't disgrace any other team they face in the final
@ the bold, I always argue that part with my friends here, Barca cannot stand Man Utd in an home and away match. and also they can beat any team in the final match then
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 27, 2013
For all our ill-luck/disappointment in Europe, United have become formidable opponents in the Champions League in knock-out ties.
More times than not, United have been undone by little incidents that shouldn't have happened.

Since 2007, United have not been ousted from a home and away tie by more than a goal.Only once, and that was this season vs Real, where a dodgy piece of officiating undid us.
That is impressive.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 27, 2013
SailorXY: probably u aint an ardent observer of tactics on the pitch... Do u honestly believe Madrid deserve their place in the semis?? Barca has been on a downward spiral for some time too, the Barca I know will not fall 0-2 to this Milan side full of pricks no matter the venue. Bayern Munich eliminated United some years back because of the inexperience of a certain Rafael *who still managed to render Ribery useless by the way*. The first leg in Germany was lost 1-2 with Bayern dominating so badly, but it mattered not. In 35mins of the Old Trafford duel, United were 3 goals up. If you were thinking for a second this Bayern will beat United 4-0, even if the match is played in the moon, then I don't fancy the *good sh!it* you are filling your lungs with.
since u belong to d skl of thought dt dt 2012 man utd wld hav eliminated dt barca side assuming dey met in a home n away fixture, derz no use continuing dis dis discussion.u talk of barca and madrid not being good enof dis season, and i ask again; is dis man utd team betta dan madrid or barca??

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 10:23am On Apr 27, 2013
dademola: since u belong to d skl of thought dt dt 2012 man utd wld hav eliminated dt barca side assuming dey met in a home n away fixture, derz no use continuing dis dis discussion.u talk of barca and madrid not being good enof dis season, and i ask again; is dis man utd team betta dan madrid or barca??
This is not about a team being better than the other, it is about tactics, this present barcelona is better than arsenal yet arsenal got a 2-0 victory at the same ground where barca got spanked 4 nil. IF you really think man u will go all out attack against a team like bayern in an away fixture them you know nothing about this present man utd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:24am On Apr 27, 2013
Championes Championes OLE! OLE! OLE! cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:27am On Apr 27, 2013
StarBoard: For all our ill-luck/disappointment in Europe, United have become formidable opponents in the Champions League in knock-out ties.
More times than not, United have been undone by little incidents that shouldn't have happened.

Since 2007, United have not been ousted from a home and away tie by more than a goal.Only once, and that was this season vs Real, where a dodgy piece of officiating undid us.
That is impressive.
It still ended 2-3
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:30am On Apr 27, 2013
dademola: since u belong to d skl of thought dt dt 2012 man utd wld hav eliminated dt barca side assuming dey met in a home n away fixture, derz no use continuing dis dis discussion.u talk of barca and madrid not being good enof dis season, and i ask again; is dis man utd team betta dan madrid or barca??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:36am On Apr 27, 2013
dademola: aha!! U're being decieved by our defensive displays at totenham and madrid, i tell u.for barca to hav rubbished us soo sooo badly in a UCL final( a final,where u're expected to b compact and organised, especially if u're d underdog.. for crying out loud), dnt put anything past man utd.gone r d daiz of ferdinand/vidic and VDS saving our arses, and maybe scholes coming on in d 2nd half to 'calm things down'. I still maintain dt, it clda been us, believe me!! All dt is nided is a tactical goof by fergie. We all knw dt, at dis stage in d UCL, any grave tactical error by a coach, d opponent punishes d team severely

united would beat barcelona in a home/away fixture debarring any ridiculous decision by a match official. united were coasting to victory until nani got sent off against madrid. they were coasting to victory in 2010 too until rafael got sent off. there's no team in europe that can beat united 4-0 or 4-1. we are a counterattacking team away from home. 7 players must always be behind the ball.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:38am On Apr 27, 2013
Mr_TA: Championes Championes OLE! OLE! OLE! cheesy grin grin grin

you are still celebrating?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
Im celebrating till the end of the season. I'll start thinking of next season when we sign some players and get rid ( retire) some. cool

CHAMPIONES! CHAMPIONES! OLE! OLE! OLE!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
[b][b]
dademola: since u belong to d skl of thought dt dt 2012 man utd wld hav eliminated dt barca side assuming dey met in a home n away fixture.u talk of barca and madrid not being good enof dis season, and i ask again; is dis man utd team betta dan madrid or barca??
[/b
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:09am On Apr 28, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson admits he has been given the funds to strengthen his Premier League title-winning squad in the summer transfer period.

Ferguson now has the transfer kitty needed to further increase his options where he deems necessary, and the Scot has revealed he has two positions he is currently considering adding to in the transfer window.

"Having spoken with the Glazer family, there is every intention to kick on. We possibly need two players. It depends. If a player came along who met our criteria we would push the boat out and get him, irrespective of how many players we have.

"Chelsea will definitely be involved next season, they have some good players and it looks likely Mourinho will be going there.

"I said last week I don't mind winning the league in the last game of the season, but now we have won it with four games left, I look at it being one thing to win the league and another to do it by beating the record.

"Ninety-six points would be phenomenal. I don't know if that could ever be beaten." <Source: Football411.comĀ­>
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:06am On Apr 28, 2013
n0m0705:
This is not about a team being better than the other, it is about tactics, this present barcelona is better than arsenal yet arsenal got a 2-0 victory at the same ground where barca got spanked 4 nil. IF you really think man u will go all out attack against a team like bayern in an away fixture them you know nothing about this present man utd.

Thank you. I was just about to point out the same thing...sometimes, it is not about who is better; it is about going out there and doing our own homework. We all saw how for long periods, over two-legs, we rendered a far superior Real Madrid impotent. Dortmund just only carried on from where that g.a.y, CR7-lusting Turkish ref stopped us!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2013
vanpersie 1 vs arsenal players 0
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:44am On Apr 28, 2013
EPL's UEFA Champions League
Qualification:

ARSENAL Current points: 63
If wins all remaining matches but
loses to united Final points: 72

CHELSEA Current points: 62
If wins all remaining matches but
draw with Spurs and lose to United
Final points: 72

TOTTENHAM Current points: 62
If wins all matches but only a draw
with Chelsea
Final points: 72
All teams tied at 72 points. Could be one of the best top 4 race. GD
comes into play. Teams may keep
this equation in mind and there
could be a goal fest in the coming
few weeks.

EPL getting more exciting even after its over.
Even United has a challenge
yet...United are playing right now
are for Chelsea's point record. A
draw in any remaining matches and
we can say bye bye to that record. EPL never lose its charm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:48am On Apr 28, 2013
whch player would you like to see in utd next season?
I wud lyk to see James Rodriguez..the young guy is talented and knws how to pass d ball..maybe he could play frm right wing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 28, 2013
n0m0705:
ogaa... Stop being decieved by wot u saw at d bernabau, or at white hart lane. My point is dt, if fergie makes a grave tactical error at dis stage of d UCL, man utd wld be roasted alive, even if we put 10 carricks and 12 jones' in d midfield. Dunno why u can be so carried away with wot u saw against madrid, wen just last season, city mauled us 6-1 at home.lets even look at d madrid game sef. Do u fink we clda played majority of dt 1st leg with 10 men, and madrid wldnt hav pumped in goals into our net?? Or do u fink dis present man utd side clda survived in camp nou like chelsea did last season(i dnt nid to remind u d circumstances unda wich chelsea played dt game). Does fergie really strike u as a coach dt can mk effective tactical changes wen d unexpected happens?? Maybe d man utd u watch and support different frm d one i see week in week out sha...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
dademola: ogaa... Stop being decieved by wot u saw at d bernabau, or at white hart lane. My point is dt, if fergie makes a grave tactical error at dis stage of d UCL, man utd wld be roasted alive, even if we put 10 carricks and 12 jones' in d midfield. Dunno why u can be so carried away with wot u saw against madrid, wen just last season, city mauled us 6-1 at home.lets even look at d madrid game sef. Do u fink we clda played majority of dt 1st leg with 10 men, and madrid wldnt hav pumped in goals into our net?? Or do u fink dis present man utd side clda survived in camp nou like chelsea did last season(i dnt nid to remind u d circumstances unda wich chelsea played dt game). Does fergie really strike u as a coach dt can mk effective tactical changes wen d unexpected happens?? Maybe d man utd u watch and support different frm d one i see week in week out sha...

If bayern make a grave tactical error on wednesday they will be roasted alive...same applies to real, barcelona and dortmund. so what is your point?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
RuuDie:

If bayern make a grave tactical error on wednesday they will be roasted alive...same applies to real, barcelona and dortmund. so what is your point?
my point is dt, any team dt mks a grave tactical error at dis stage in d UCL wld pay dearly... As we hav learnt from d happenings of last week, bt ts like sme pple hav contrary views here. Maybe u shud take sme time to read d preceding comments on dis issue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
dademola: my point is dt, any team dt mks a grave tactical error at dis stage in d UCL wld pay dearly... As we hav learnt from d happenings of last week, bt ts like sme pple hav contrary views here. Maybe u shud take sme time to read d preceding comments on dis issue
The key words there is grave tactical error and it does not apply only to Unite, any team at all that make such error at this stage of CL will be punished.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
n0m0705:
The key words there is grave tactical error and it does not apply only to Unite, any team at all that make such error at this stage of CL will be punished.
and to go further, MY ALEX FERGUSON IS TACTICALLY ERROR PRONE,AND CLUELESS AS TO MAKING POSITIVE TACTICAL CHANGES; ESPECIALLY WEN D UNEXPECTED HAPPENS!! Bearing all dis in mind, it wnt be outta place for any man utd fan to hav serious reservations as regarding our chances in match-ups like dis..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
dademola: and to go further, MY ALEX FERGUSON IS TACTICALLY ERROR PRONE,AND CLUELESS AS TO MAKING POSITIVE TACTICAL CHANGES; ESPECIALLY WEN D UNEXPECTED HAPPENS!! Bearing all dis in mind, it wnt be outta place for any man utd fan to hav serious reservations as regarding our chances in match-ups like dis..
I tend to agree with you on this but I think the error he made in tactic is usually compensated for by his conservative approach to away games in europe especially against top teams.
On another note, I think "tactical change" is overrated, for instance spurs changes against city worked out and people started hailing AVB as one tactical genious , the same changes he made has failed in some other matches.

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.