Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8748801 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:13pm On May 21, 2013
Rooney shows new baby on his page.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 21, 2013
coogar:

back up in terms of injuries - not necessarily ability. if everyone's fit we would have to wait to see who the first choice would be and which combo works well for the good of the team. when anderson and hargreaves joined scholes/carrick in 2007 - who would you say were the back up then? there were fletcher/oshea in the mix too.

this is why we can let rooney go and it won't upset our balance. van persie can also play in that number 10 role and chicharito will stay up top. it depends on what moyes brings to the table.
in 2007/2008 season, Carrick/scholes was our 1st choice CMF pairing, wen evryone was fit. Check d records
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:23pm On May 21, 2013
dademola: in 2007/2008 season, Carrick/scholes was our 1st choice CMF pairing, wen evryone was fit. Check d records

were they?
they did not start in big matches - 1) battle of emirates(1 billion viewership) 2) the battle at anfield also had hargo/anderson starting. let's just say we had different midfield pairing that suited different kinds of games.....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:24pm On May 21, 2013
montelik: Okay I will go first, here is my football manager approach to this summers transfer window. grin

1. Sell Rooney for £40-50m. According to Elampiro he is 3rd best in the world so £50m is even low. cool

2. Buy Bale for £20m plus Ashley Young in a swap+cash deal.

3. Use the extra wage room cleared by letting Rooney and Young go to give Nani a new improved long term deal and cover wages of the new signings.

4. Ear mark about £25m to bring in 2 mobile, energetic all round central midfielders. At least one must be ready to immediately start and have top quality (not necessarily defensive midfielders or attacking midfielders). e.g Strootman, Cabaye, Wanyama, Banega e.t.c

Use the remaining budget (about £35m) to bring in a genuine top rate player to add back our fright factor as well as compensate for Rooney's departure. (CR7, Lewandoski, Falcao e.t.c) or instead bring in a quality young prodigy like we did with CR7 after Ronaldinho played us in 2003. (e.g Munian, Reus, Eriksen).

Any player not up to the added competition for places can go.

Unlikely, but a man can dream. Who's next?

cool cool

Ronaldo might be three players in one, but he is not a placement for Rooney. Rooney's replacement has to be someone who has the capability to hold on possession in the attacking area while his mates run into spaces. Ronaldo needs this assistance and not he providing it. Probably what Ozil tries to do for Madrid. But I think Fabregas will just fit, or Falcao. But Falcao will be expensive, then Fabregas can be a utility player in all the positions in the midfield/supporting striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2013
Manchester United earned a record 60m in Premier League television revenue on their way to a 20th league title, according to figures released by the Premier League.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:56pm On May 21, 2013
Some people said Valencia was finished. In he West Brom game he showed that he will be a force to recon with when in form. How quickly people here crucify a player once they start hating him. One season can never be enough to write off any player.

Also, our match against West Brom shows we need someone to hold up the play both in the midfield and attack. Without the other, one cannot function. Carrick or Scholes can hold in the midfield, but without anyone like Rooney in the attack to retain the ball there. The game against West Brom shows there has to be a coordinator, else our game will resembles a school boy football. Attack me and attack you. That is the way Aston Villa plays. Madrid game is also like that. So if Rooney is going they should know who should come. Fellani might come to the midfield as he has hinted that if he is to move, he would like to play under a coach that he already loves. So we just need Rooney to stay or somweone like Fabregas to replace him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 21, 2013
coogar:

were they?
they did not start in big matches - 1) battle of emirates(1 billion viewership) 2) the battle at anfield also had hargo/anderson starting. let's just say we had different midfield pairing that suited different kinds of games.....
lololol. Wich pair started d oda big matches?? Wich pair started virtually all UCL matches dt yr?? Which pair started d UCL final?? Wich pair started most games dt season, wen evryone was fit??u talked about bakup, rememba?? Does it mean our present 1st choice CMF pairing is ok to u?? I ask again.. Assuming we buy fabregas, wld u prefer that he plays 2nd fiddle to ando and cleverly??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:47pm On May 21, 2013
dademola: lololol. Wich pair started d oda big matches?? Wich pair started virtually all UCL matches dt yr?? Which pair started d UCL final?? Wich pair started most games dt season, wen evryone was fit??u talked about bakup, rememba?? Does it mean our present 1st choice CMF pairing is ok to u?? I ask again.. Assuming we buy fabregas, wld u prefer that he plays 2nd fiddle to ando and cleverly??

premier league
16 starts, 8 subs - anderson
24 starts, 7 subs - carrick
16 starts, 7 subs - hargreaves
22 starts, 2 subs - scholes

champions league
6 starts, 3 subs - anderson
11 starts, 1 sub - carrick
5 starts, 3 sub - hargreaves
7 starts, 0 sub - scholes

it appears scholes/carrick made the most starts but they were also the most experienced. besides, i cannot remember the injury situation vividly to know if hargo missed those games sitting on the bench or he missed then because he was injured!

our present pairing of anderson-cleverley is ok for me but their fitness level is a big issue. they cannot be trusted to last the season with their ever-present niggling injuries. cesc will have to prove himself he deserves a start over andoclev. he's not just going to stroll into the starting team because fabregas is his surname!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 3:00pm On May 21, 2013
@adedamola na God I take beg u..pls don't start anoda arguement on dis thread..pls we've had enough of elampiro and coogar on dis thread already...cus no arguement is short on dis thread..na wa!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2013
^ LOL. :-D
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 3:09pm On May 21, 2013
barca would be mad to make fabregas available.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 21, 2013
coogar:

premier league
16 starts, 8 subs - anderson
24 starts, 7 subs - carrick
16 starts, 7 subs - hargreaves
22 starts, 2 subs - scholes

champions league
6 starts, 3 subs - anderson
11 starts, 1 sub - carrick
5 starts, 3 sub - hargreaves
7 starts, 0 sub - scholes

it appears scholes/carrick made the most starts but they were also the most experienced. besides, i cannot remember the injury situation vividly to know if hargo missed those games sitting on the bench or he missed then because he was injured!

our present pairing of anderson-cleverley is ok for me but their fitness level is a big issue. they cannot be trusted to last the season with their ever-present niggling injuries. cesc will have to prove himself he deserves a start over andoclev. he's not just going to stroll into the starting team because fabregas is his surname!
hmmmn. D same way i cant remember weda carrick/scholes missed games due to injuries, or bench things. Ando-cleverly? Pls where wld u put our players player of d yr??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 21, 2013
Fussbot: @adedamola na God I take beg u..pls don't start anoda arguement on dis thread..pls we've had enough of elampiro and coogar on dis thread already...cus no arguement is short on dis thread..na wa!
lmao. I don resolve say i no go dey argue for dis thread again. I just wan sabi cooger's views on some issues ni. If i may ask, why be say na me u dey beg?? Why u no beg cooger??cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:17pm On May 21, 2013
dademola: hmmmn. Ando-cleverly? Pls where wld u put our players player of d yr??

who is our players player of the season? bebe? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:49pm On May 21, 2013
Wayne Rooney is set for showdown talks with David Moyes this week to decide his Manchester United future.

Moyes is not officially due to start work as United boss until July 1 but was at the Red Devils Carrington training base on Monday for meetings with the departing Sir Alex Ferguson and his backroom staff.

Resolving Rooney’s future is the first job on the new man’s agenda.

Moyes is believed to be keen to keep hold of the 27-year-old but will demand 100 per cent commitment to the club.

If Rooney can’t give him the assurances he desires Moyes feels he will have little choice but to off-load the unsettled striker from the United ranks as quickly as possible. <Source: metro.co.uk>
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 4:25pm On May 21, 2013
dademola: lmao. I don resolve say i no go dey argue for dis thread again. I just wan sabi cooger's views on some issues ni. If i may ask, why be say na me u dey beg?? Why u no beg cooger??cheesy
lol..we all know coogar wld neva admit he is wrong!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:28pm On May 21, 2013
we all know that Fabregas was always second rate to Anderson as youngsters when ever it was united against arsenal! grin *yeah go & research* angry what ever was the cause for Anderson's stunted development remains unclear. injury played a big part tho, as it is with Wilshere @ the moment. i suspect Anderson was also not leading a very careful lifestyle, as is synonymous with many Brazilian athletes, or the attempted conversion of his position & playing style by Sir Alex... i just hope he can discover his youth and actually stay healthy, he & Nani are beasts when they want to be! i'll never forget the second-half demolition of Man City in the community shield spurred by these lads *alongside Cleverley & Jones of course*
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 7:59pm On May 21, 2013
coded guy:

Imagine Ronaldo on left, Bale on the right, Rooney playing of RVP.
Lmaoo! Fantasy football! Its ok to dream tho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 9:27pm On May 21, 2013
Jurgen Klopp : “Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji’s best role. He’s an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw.But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each others’ arms, when he left."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:31pm On May 21, 2013
dayokanu: Jurgen Klopp : “Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji’s best role. He’s an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw.But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each others’ arms, when he left."

hopefully, rooney would be gone and kagawa would make that role his own. no more liabilities like giggs in the central midfield too so kagawa won't have to track back all the time. sell rooney, sack giggs, bring 2 box to box midfielders in and a top tier striker and we are sorted!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:35pm On May 21, 2013
grin grin grin no time to check time
coogar:

hopefully, rooney would be gone and kagawa would make that role his own. no more liabilities like giggs in the central midfield too so kagawa won't have to track back all the time. sell rooney, sack giggs, bring 2 box to box midfielders in and a top tier striker and we are sorted!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:37pm On May 21, 2013
SailorXY: grin grin grin no time to check time

how?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:49pm On May 21, 2013
coogar:

Was Rooney ever Kagawa's problem? Kagawa played in absence of Rooney in front of Carrick and Cleverly. He also played in front of Rooney in some matches. So it is Kagawa who needs positions around him fortified before he can perform, but Rooney must perform whether with Giggs or Scholes or both together.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:55pm On May 21, 2013
I don't see how Kagawa can ever command that role as we expect. He doesn't seem to have the energy to cope with EPL fast paced football. Those fast games against Totteham, Everton, West Ham require so much energy. The Bundesliga and Laliga gradual building of attack suits some players. Kagawa like JS Park lack height and weight which work against them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 10:19pm On May 21, 2013
dayokanu: Jurgen Klopp : “Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji’s best role. He’s an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw.But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each others’ arms, when he left."
I was about to post same. Although Klopp is giving to exaggeration almost all of the time,i still think he has a point that Shinji is a talent that must be used if we plan to excel especially in Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 10:20pm On May 21, 2013
elampiro: I don't see how Kagawa can ever command that role as we expect. He doesn't seem to have the energy to cope with EPL fast paced football. Those fast games against Totteham, Everton, West Ham require so much energy. The Bundesliga and Laliga gradual building of attack suits some players. Kagawa like JS Park lack height and weight which work against them.
the way it worked against Fabregas and Modric and is presently working against Cortinho?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:25pm On May 21, 2013
elampiro:
Was Rooney ever Kagawa's problem? Kagawa played in absence of Rooney in front of Carrick and Cleverly. He also played in front of Rooney in some matches. So it is Kagawa who needs positions around him fortified before he can performs, but Rooney must perform whether with Giggs or Scholes or both together.

rooney lacks the guile to play in that position - it's not about size or height - it's about awareness, vision and control of the ball. david silva, mata, oscar, cazorla have proven size/height is vastly overrated!

elampiro: I don't see how Kagawa can ever command that role as we expect. He doesn't seem to have the energy to cope with EPL fast paced football. Those fast games against Totteham, Everton, West Ham require so much energy. The Bundesliga and Laliga gradual building of attack suits some players. Kagawa like JS Park lack height and weight which work against them.

i doubt you have ever watched dortmund play - their counterattacking football has surpassed united's in recent years. are you kidding me?? the way those players move the ball along the lines is the best in europe! every pass has a purpose with sharp movements that would tear any defence apart......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:28pm On May 21, 2013
coogar:

how?
"sell Rooney,sack Giggs" grin
NN: the kind un-namely names Rooney dey give his children sef embarassed undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:33pm On May 21, 2013
mbulela: the way it worked against Fabregas and Modric and is presently working against Cortinho?

Fabregas has a heavier frame, and I guess he is taller too. Mordric is not a striker, he doesn't get into the box to head corners. Modric is also fast and covers so many KM/match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:40pm On May 21, 2013
elampiro:

Fabregas has a heavier frame, and I guess he is taller too. Mordric is not a striker, he doesn't get into the box to head corners. Modric is also fast and covers so many KM/match.

Silva is a forward and with that same slight frame,

Mario Gotze has a similar build and is actually touted to be used by Pep as a False 9

It might also interest you that Kagawa is taller than the best striker in the world currently Messi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:43pm On May 21, 2013
SailorXY:
"sell Rooney,sack Giggs" grin
NN: the kind un-namely names Rooney dey give his children sef embarassed undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4OSBOUzqQ

watch this dortmund side and see how we have been shortchanged by the liabilities in our team. this is how football should be played - we were like this until 2010 and the early parts of anderson/cleverley at the start of 2011/2012.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:44pm On May 21, 2013
coogar:

rooney lacks the guile to play in that position - it's not about size or height - it's about awareness, vision and control of the ball. david silva, mata, oscar, cazorla have proven size/height is vastly overrated!

i doubt you have ever watched dortmund play - their counterattacking football has surpassed united's in recent years. are you kidding me?? the way those players move the ball along the lines is the best in europe! every pass has a purpose with sharp movements that would tear any defence apart......

'awareness, vision and control of the ball' so do you mean Rooney doesn't have these? These are pure Rooney's qualities. Mata- Oscar- Moses- Hazard and Ramires are complete that's why they are able to collectively exhibit those qualities. Silva- Tevez- Aguero- Toure- Milner and Dzeko are another set. But it looks like we underrate our own. We won the league, right. So we can't say Rooney is short of those qualities. For instance, the pass he gave to RVP against Aston Villa. He gave RVP two more in the UCL. Then he has more goals than some of the guys you mentioned.

I don't watch too much of Bundesliga, but I know Dortmound only became a force in UCL this season in recent times. Given two years ago, United will whitewash them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: lateefGRDT(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.