Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8674016 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (14141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 19, 2013
elampiro:

Where did I say say Rooney is king of Old Tafford? .

elampiro:

When did Rooney start taking penalties for Man United? Nistelrooy and Ronaldo took our penalties.

I didn't want to say anything about this issue again because the points I have given are enough for any one giving objective judgment to know the truth.

It is surprising you are still trying to compare Berba with Rooney. It makes a little sense when Nistelrooy is used in the comparison, certainly not Berbatov. For your information, Berbatov also took penalties. Berbaov is a lazy, small game player. Very slow. He has no stat against Chelsea, Arsenal, Man city, Everton. His goals were against small teams. He often slowed the attack. How many goals did he score in Champions league knockout stage? Anytime SAF rotated team, Rooney was rested from small games. Hence, his goals should have by far be more. It terms of ball possession, passes and coordinating the game, counter attack, Rooney does it faster and with greater flair more than anyone, not just Berbatov. Even in Europe, he is high up there in those qualities.

In switching play from one side to another, Scholes is the only one who can do it better than Rooney, yet Rooney does it faster. And Rooney does it best in the opponents area. Even in games, Rooney is usually more marked.

Let me give you some instances you will understand Rooney's importance: When United when away to play Roma in UCL knock out stage, everywhere was tensed. Then Rooney got a goal and played a vital role in the 2-0 win, then the return leg, Tevez played instead because United needed to consolidate the league position in the run in. Rooney and Ronaldo were rested at Old Trafford.

Also was the knockout against Schalke 04, after 2-0 away win, Rooney was rested for a crucial league match. Then Berbaov was played in the home game. When the occasion is tough, tensed and crucial Rooney knows how to play.

I have already said enough about King Rooney, and every objective United followers knows the truth. 14 crucial goals in UCL knock out stage, against tough oppositions in tensed fixtures is not a joke.

Put Rooney in the market and see the price.

In 2012, Berbaov's worth is £4m. After only 4 years. -Bad market.
In 2013 Rooney is estimated to worth £30-£40m, after 8 years with many laurels. WOW! -Massive biz success.

Finally, I told you Rooney is a supportive striker, and he works more for the team in the midfield even more than the midfield players, yet from the position and all the build up work, he has score 26 and 27 respectively. Even if you were to remove the penalties (even though he won a lot of them in the first instance) he is still high there. You may also remove Nistelrooy and Berba penalties. But these are even trivial issues.

I did not manufacture the above.
You seriously risk your credibility with verbal about-turns like these.
I shudder to think that you view yourself as some kind of pundit with your half-baked untruths and conjectures.
You said Giggs was awarded the best player ever in the EPL.
Kindly provide me with the evidence,given that I might have been out of my senses when that "award"was given.

Seriously this elampiro guy is 1025 pretending to be a United fan. Yarning opaks left,right and center
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:13pm On May 19, 2013
StarBoard:

I did not manufacture the above.
You seriously risk your credibility with verbal about-turns like these.
I shudder to think that you view yourself as some kind of pundit with your half-baked untruths and conjectures.
You said Giggs was awarded the best player ever in the EPL.
Kindly provide me with the evidence,given that I might have been out of my senses when that "award"was given.

Seriously this elampiro guy is 1025 pretending to be a United fan. Yarning opaks left,right and center

I can't see what you where I mentioned Old Trafford in your highlighted. Please pay attention to details
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:14pm On May 19, 2013
elampiro:
This is an award for Premier League at 20. Giggs and Scholes played in the modern Premier League right? And Manchester United is only a part of EPL? Now where is your logic? They said Lionel Messi is the best in the world. You guys said, oh that has to imply Villa is the best in Barca.

elampiro is a troll!
he argues backwards without any deductive reasoning. he does not care the number of minutes a striker had spent because strikers who play have more drought than those who sit on the bench. grin cheesy

elampiro expects a striker that played one league match to score more goals/assists than another striker that played full 90 mins in 30 games. at least, 1025 knows he trolls but the biggest peeve of mine are ignoramuses who can't even see their own ignorance!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:26pm On May 19, 2013
coogar:

ronaldo was 18 when he came here, operated basically as a winger for 4 seasons. it wasn't until 2007/8 that he played as a wing forward. so using his stats in the early days to support your argument suggests i am right about your mental development. grin

buttner and evra are defenders. they have no business scoring goals. rooney and berba are forwards so compare like for like and stop dragging your name in the mud.

a player who plays more would have a period of drought? in contrast to one who sits on the bench without a chance of either scoring or assisting? apologies for overestimating your intelligence quotient! you are not mentally fit enough to engage me in a debate!

Ronaldo was just an example, you could replace him with Drogba, a top 9 and another greater score and you will get a worse outcome.

For your information, Berba and Rooney don't play same position. Berba and Chicha are 9, while Rooney is 10. Rooney is a supportive striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:26pm On May 19, 2013
coogar:

ronaldo was 18 when he came here, operated basically as a winger for 4 seasons. it wasn't until 2007/8 that he played as a wing forward. so using his stats in the early days to support your argument suggests i am right about your mental development. grin

buttner and evra are defenders. they have no business scoring goals. rooney and berba are forwards so compare like for like and stop dragging your name in the mud.

a player who plays more would have a period of drought? in contrast to one who sits on the bench without a chance of either scoring or assisting? apologies for overestimating your intelligence quotient! you are not mentally fit enough to engage me in a debate!

Ronaldo was just an example, you could replace him with Drogba, a top 9 and another greater score and you will get a worse outcome.

For your information, Berba and Rooney don't play same position. Berba and Chicha are 9, while Rooney is 10. Rooney is a supporting striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:32pm On May 19, 2013
coogar:

elampiro is a troll!
he argues backwards without any deductive reasoning. he does not care the number of minutes a striker had spent because strikers who play have more drought than those who sit on the bench. grin cheesy

elampiro expects a striker that played one league match to score more goals/assists than another striker that played full 90 mins in 30 games. at least, 1025 knows he trolls but the biggest peeve of mine are ignoramuses who can't even see their own ignorance!

Insult again for giving you guys the information that Giggs was officially awarded Premier League best ever. EPL 20 years award had Cantona as a nominee, but Giggs won it. How would you guys know when you are obsessed with argument and irrelevant statistics?

I said Messi won world best, Coogar and his cohort said that implies Villa is world best. Lol LWKMD.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:33pm On May 19, 2013
elampiro:

shut your trap and stop talking nonsense......drogba was crap in his early days at chelsea! chelsea fans wanted him out after his debut season.

For your information, Berba and Rooney don't play same position. Berba and Chicha are 9, while Rooney is 10. Rooney is a supporting striker.

berba plays behind the arrow head. he only played once as the arrowhead in 10/11 when rooney was haranguing the club for more wages. his number of assists in his first 2 seasons should tell you he wasn't the point man in those seasons.

elampiro:
Insult again for giving you guys the information that Giggs was officially awarded Premier League best ever. EPL 20 years award had Cantona as a nominee, but Giggs won it. How would you guys know when you are obsessed with argument and irrelevant statistics?

the premier league's best ever is not united's best ever - that claim is fraudulent. do you even pay attention to the things you say or you think this is facebook?

I said Messi won world best, Coogar and his cohort said that implies Villa is world best. Lol LWKMD.

you are a tool!
PFA player of the year award 2009 - ryan giggs
man utd fans player of the season 2009 - nemanja vidic
man utd players' player of the season 2009 - nemanja vidic.

unless your brains have holes then you should know whoever wins PFA awards has nothing to do with how man united fans see who is worthy of the awards at old trafford!

once again, you have been schooled!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:36pm On May 19, 2013
Valencia has done very well today. Another reason not to write off a player based on a one season low.
Giggs has a great final ball. Set up one for a goal. Chicha miss another of his intelligent pass. United need another like him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:43pm On May 19, 2013
@elampiro. There is only one player United fans refer to as King and that is the one and only Eric Cantona. End of discussion. Go to any matchday at O.T and you will hear the King Eric songs, see King Eric flags (not to mention the mention the fact he is also known as King of the Stretford End, a status only previously enjoyed by Dennis Law)

Anyway my comment was meant mostly as a joke, I would have thought you got it and didn't take it so seriously. If you want to give Rooney a title go ahead. Duke, Baron maybe court jester. grin But Rooney is no King.

We’ll drink a drink a drink,
To Eric the king the king the king,
He’s the leader of our football team,
He’s the greatest, centre forward,
That the world, has ever seen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:47pm On May 19, 2013
i have told him rooney is only a king in elampiro's village. rooney? the king of old trafford? not in a million years. to be a king, you have to be a legend - rooney will never be a united legend.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2013
Lindegard is just reducing his market value. Anyway, any takers we win win it in Fergie time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by cheddarking(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2013
Lukaku Running Riot against the champions... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:51pm On May 19, 2013
5-5 angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:53pm On May 19, 2013
Today will mark the last day Giggs can simply keep adding appearances based on sentiment and reputation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:59pm On May 19, 2013
The bidding war over Bale begins.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 19, 2013
elampiro:

I can't see what you where I mentioned Old Trafford in your highlighted. Please pay attention to details
You're a muppet.
Where else would he be king?
The Emirates? Stamford Bridge?Anfield?White Hart Lane?
Since you are in charge of details, kindly enlighten me, or shut the hell up if you don't have anything to say.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:05pm On May 19, 2013
It will be strange now. I am sure there will times when I will have to remind myself SAF is no longer around. It is going to be an uncomfortable but hopefully exciting new era.

SAF, what a manager, what a man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:07pm On May 19, 2013
cheddarking: Lukaku Running Riot against the champions... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
twas more or less a send off game for three legends; giggs, scholes and sir alex! #gosleep cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 19, 2013
elampiro:

oga, give us at least one valid link to substantiate your claim about Giggs.
You think this is the newspaper stand where you can throw about any information and nobody will challenge it?
There are enlightened minds here.
One link please.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:13pm On May 19, 2013
montelik: The bidding war over Bale begins.
i hope we bid but i don't think we will have the financial muscle, besides scholes and hargreaves* replacements should be prioritized. nani & zaha can cover giggs for now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:13pm On May 19, 2013
montelik: Today will mark the last day Giggs can simply keep adding appearances based on sentiment and reputation.

The guy suppose dey shame sef. Hope Moyes talks him into hanging his boots. What is he looking for again.

montelik: The bidding war over Bale begins.

Imagine Ronaldo on left, Bale on the right, Rooney playing of RVP.

@elampiro, there is only one king at OT till today and his name is ERIC the KING CANTONA.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 19, 2013
coded guy:
@elampiro, there is only one king at OT till today and his name is ERIC the KING CANTONA.
elampiro posts just to increase his post count.
elampiro started following United in 2010.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:22pm On May 19, 2013
StarBoard:
elampiro posts just to increase his post count.
elampiro started following United in 2010.

Leave the guy, I guess he was king amongst his man u facebook fan blog. His has ditched that and spends all his time here now.

I remember say him vex talk say he no come here again, but could not resist.

I like d way he holds his own sha, whether rightly or wrongly. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:28pm On May 19, 2013
make una free elampiro jor, at least he's up for debates & we learn from each other wink cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:41pm On May 19, 2013
my player rating #first 11
lindegaard 3 - the guy didn't do himself much favors mehn
valencia 7 - the best attacking channel for me, held his own defensively too
jones & evans 6 - i think the sun rasys didn't make it easy dealing with WBA's high bal...ls (this nairaland sef, ba.l.ls na censored word again )
buttner 6 - could have been better defensively, i think he was pushing himself too hard
carrick 6 - the guy seemed to tire out in the second half. was no where to be seen with his interceptions and he kept losing his man,especially when it was giggs and scholes by his side
anderson & cleverley 6 - were both neat and tidy in possession. hope to see more of them next season
kagawa 7 - his strength & balance on the ball is improving, but his visionary through ba.l.ls were not up to par today by his standards
van persie 6 - i don't think he saw as much of the ball in the box as he would have liked, but his use of the ball is still excellent
hernandez 7 - i see improvement in his hold up play & link up whenever he is on the pitch, i am sure he"ll be the finished article in a year or so
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 19, 2013
coded guy:

Leave the guy, I guess he was king amongst his man u facebook fan blog. His has ditched that and spends all his time here now.

I remember say him vex talk say he no come here again, but could not resist.

Lol.
If you hold your own the way he does, then you better be right.
Him no see any other player to blow lie on top,na Giggs wey we United fans don tire for im dey tell us say im be the best ever for EPL.
SailorXY: make una free elampiro jor, at least he's up for debates & we learn from each other wink cool
Learn from elampiro?
Is our educational system that bad?
I know it's in a terrible state but not like this.
Someone who has so many loop-holes in his arguments cannot teach anyone anything
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 7:02pm On May 19, 2013
Haha!una wan use arguement kill person??

K,rooney is a king and rooney is not a king

Berbatov is better dan rooney and rooney is better dan berbatov

Are u all satisfied naw ?grin

Lukaku wan spoil fergie's last game..shey him sef wan retire. Like dis?lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:51pm On May 19, 2013
coded guy:

Yes, kind of like Coogar. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:34pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:35pm On May 19, 2013
montelik:

I swear Coogar na spaghetti man for harlem Globetrotters, he can twist and wriggle himself outta any tight corner rightly or wrongly too grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:39pm On May 19, 2013
montelik:

coded guy:
I swear Coogar na spaghetti man for harlem Globetrotters, he can twist and wriggle himself outta any tight corner rightly or wrongly too grin

abeg, comparing elampiro to me is not endearing. elampiro is a fantasist. we were all here when he said chicharito was poor this season even when records show chicharito copped less than 900 mins on the pitch. elampiro is not a united fan - he's fake!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:01pm On May 19, 2013
StarBoard:
You're a muppet.
Where else would he be king?
The Emirates? Stamford Bridge?Anfield?White Hart Lane?
Since you are in charge of details, kindly enlighten me, or shut the hell up if you don't have anything to say.

Muppet. Insulting method? Hahahahahaha

I am not aware Rooney is from Old Trafford. He is a king in what he does on the field. Anyone who earns about a million pound a month (250 million naira) is a king at what he does. The current football world has only two kings above him in earnings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (14141) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.