Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,555 members, 7,850,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:34 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8838744 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) (2472) (2473) (2474) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:54am On Dec 09, 2015
wetin don happen, don happen... i know that if we really want to make it in the epl, we aint going too far in this europa... we are not Tottenham nor Chelsea...

Thursday night football ehn...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:01am On Dec 09, 2015
Mourinholic:
I pity you guys really....
lol. The world should then be mourning for you guys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:07am On Dec 09, 2015
LvG can allow the youth play the Europa then, since he want to make the next class of '94. After all no United fan cares about the tourney & we can sure avoid more injuries. We wouldn't win the UCL anyways.

LvG decisions & subs keep getting weirder by the games. More than half the first team injured but the selection & subs could have definitely been better!

Varela was inexperienced but I like his enthusiasm. He'll make a fine right back when his time come.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 8:30am On Dec 09, 2015
Leyqute:
Utd should've beaten PSV at Old Trafford. That was the most important match of the group. Shamefully the stvpid guys bleeped up.

Elekute my man.... you must feel dog rotten about your latest failure grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:32am On Dec 09, 2015

When I did not see Young start against PSV, I was angry. Last night the mistake was repeated. The only fit player who can give us direct urgency and initiate a counter attack.

Ashley Young is currently one of our best players, either playing as a left winger or as a right back. He is our best in left wing. He is the second best behind Valencia in right back. We had him on the bench but started Varela who was struggling to read Schurle.

The substitution of Carrick for Schweinsteiger did not make sense when we were looking for goals. The worst was substitution of Powell for Mata.

When things are getting bad, Gaal sits without passing instructions. PSV came to defend, Gaal sat there watching our midfielders passing a million times in our half. He doesn't understand the team. He doesn't know how to pressure to get results. 'Keep doing same' thing is part of his philosophy.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:34am On Dec 09, 2015
SailorXY:
LvG can allow the youth play the Europa then, since he want to make the next class of '94. After all no United fan cares about the tourney & we can sure avoid more injuries. We wouldn't win the UCL anyways.

LvG decisions & subs keep getting weirder by the games. More than half the first team injured but the selection & subs could have definitely been better!

Varela was inexperienced but I like his enthusiasm. He'll make a fine right back when his time come.

Varela tried in the second half after his nervousness disappeared.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:39am On Dec 09, 2015
“Until now we haven’t seen the best of Schweinsteiger, the player I saw at Bayern Munich. I believe that in every match we have played he could have played better,” said Van Gaal.
But Rummenigge has defended the Germany international and admits he is “disappointed” by Van Gaal’s assessment.
"Bastian needs a bit of time. You can't already judge him," said Rummenigge.
"I am a bit disappointed with Louis, he should leave Bastian alone. He wanted to sign him by all means.
"Louis is not known as a Sympathikus [a pleasant person].”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:49am On Dec 09, 2015
I don't agree with Owen even 70% but he makes some sense.

MAN UTD TEAM WITH NANI & KAGAWA BETTER THAN THIS ONE!'

Former England striker Michael Owen was highly critical of Van Gaal's decisions, and claimed United are worse off now than before he begun his spending spree.

Michael Owen has slammed Louis van Gaal's movements in the transfer market, claiming Manchester United's squad is worse than it was 18 months ago despite an outlay of over £250million.

United crashed out of the Champions League on Tuesday following a devastating 3-2 defeat away at Wolfsburg, combined with PSV Eindhoven's dramatic late win over CSKA Moscow.

Van Gaal's men dropped into the Europa League last 32, with former England striker Owen admitting to being unconvinced by the Dutchman's reign, claiming he has made some fundamental errors in the transfer market.

"I feel all that money that’s been invested, it’s a worse squad now than it was," he told BT Sport at full-time.

"We were looking at the players Van Gaal has let go in his reign, in the last 18 months, I'm sure the team we put together would beat the team tonight.

"Rafael, [Nemanja] Vid, Johnny Evans and [Patrice] Evra as a back four, [Tom] Cleverley, [Shinji] Kagawa, [Robin] Van Persie, Chicharito, Nani - we thought there were only two players from tonight’s team who would get into the eleven who he let go.

"Chris Smalling would probably get in, and Michael Carrick would probably get in. Apart from that, the players who he has let go are better than the ones he’s got tonight, even after all that investment.

Owen claims Van Gaal will come under intense scrutiny for his failure to advance past the group stage in Europe and has doubts over his tenure over the past year-and-a-half.

"Whether they can rely on Louis van Gaal to spend those millions [in the transfer market] is the question," he continued.
"I don’t look at it and just think about tonight or just this season, I look at the 18 months or so that Van Gaal has been in charge.

"He’s spent more than £250m. They weren’t in Europe last season so he had all the focus on the Premier League and the cups.
"They got stuffed by MK Dons 4-0, they got knocked out of the FA Cup by Arsenal, they scrambled into fourth place in the league.

"Then this season they’ve been knockout out of the League Cup by Middlesbrough and an easy group in the Champions League and they’re playing poorly, week in week out. It’s 18 months of below-par.
"With all that money, it’s unexplainable. He’s under severe pressure now.

m.goal.com/s/en/news/1716/champions-league/2015/12/08/18144222/man-utd-team-with-nani-kagawa-better-than-this-one?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=enfb
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:00am On Dec 09, 2015
All the players that are injured are part of this problem. Why should they be injured at same time? Abi, na ISIS training dem dey give them?

Gaal maintained too lean a team. He said at the beginning of the season that based on the number of players he let go and the few that he brought in, he had the smallest squad in the league. Only 22 first team players. Now he can see his mistakes.

Same way people were shooting why is Carrick playing instead of Herrera. I said it's a long season, there will be matches to go round due to injuries. We have surplus matches now, no players to 'go round' the matches.

The team is not too bad what we need is more senior players to be fit or available. More players who can cover yards with pace and balance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 9:10am On Dec 09, 2015
When United scored that second goal that was disallowed as offside, I was surprised to see Giggs and another United staff arguing with the fourth official. I was surprised in the sense that it was not LVG as the head coach doing that. I am strongly of the view that LVG is not the right coach for United. Sitting down for almost 90 minutes of the game writing in his jotter continuously? Not even once to get up and motivate his team.

When a coach gets rid of the likes of Kagawa, Nani, Chicarito, Cleverly, Evans, Evra, Welbeck, Rafael, Januzaj, RVP, Di Maria, etc, only to rely on Rooney and possibly a 19 yr old boy for survival, that is the worst joke on football. Going on a spending spree of £250 million only to end up in the Europa league?!

Ah well, Manure can still hope for the best. I strongly suggest that they put all their energy into the Thursday night Europa league and win it. Winning it, brings an automatic qualification into next year's Champions League. As I am not 100% sure United will even make it into the top four of the EPL this current season.

Your beloved Prophet,

Pataki (Signed).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:10am On Dec 09, 2015
All these so so players should have stayed na just blame game. Only Rafael, Chicha, Vidic and Evra were still fit for the team. With no replacement for Evans it was a mistake to let him leave.

The man is too stubborn to my liking. He believes only in his myopic way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2015
angry

AFTERMATH RECORDS?

"At the moment, I cannot defend myself because we are out of the Champions League, Every word that I say is the wrong word. But when you see the facts, we went further in the Capital One Cup this season, qualified for the Champions League group stage, we have played all these matches and are still in a very good position in the league."

"The facts say we are better than last year. That's my answer because I can only give facts. I'm also disappointed that we are out of the Champions League."

"This was a tight group so I am not agreeing with any opinion that this was an easy group. I've said to the players, now it's over in the Champions League. You cannot show your qualities any more on the highest podium. It's a pity but we have a lot to fight for the FA Cup and the Premier League."

Louis van gaal.......Sky Sports this morning!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:19am On Dec 09, 2015
Mourinholic:
I pity you guys really....

You're the one to be pitied mate. After losing to Leicester this weekend, you'll be enmeshed in a tough relegation battle. It'll be hard for Hoodini to get you out of the mess you're in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2015
Bournemouth smiling and rubbing their hands gleefully at their next match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2015
Kai
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 9:28am On Dec 09, 2015
LVG will not take this team anywhere. I`ll continue to say that he sold players that were not supposed to be sold without adequate replacement and this made the squad to be small.

I mentioned some days ago that some of those players sold could`ve been retained as squad players instead of selling them for peanuts. A lot of rookies being introduced in the most important match of the season shows irresponsibility of the highest order.

In Dec 2009 when we played this same Wolfsburg, we had about 15 players injured which necessitated SAF playing a lot of players out of positions but he was still able to play experienced players and won the match 3 - 1. Someone already posted the team yesterday. The Wolsfburg team even had Dzecko in the team against Carrick and Fletcher as our center backs and Kuzsack as the Keeper.

The team was very large then but now it`s so small that we`re now bringing in rookies to fiill in for injured senior players.

I don`t know what Young has done to LVG to warrant him being benched regularly. Is this not the same Young that made ADM leave? What has gone wrong? I can`t just understand.

I have nothing much to say about his subs because they`re wack as usual. This man should just be paid off at the end of the season and get another manager.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 09, 2015
When the pain becomes too much

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:40am On Dec 09, 2015
funlord:
angry

AFTERMATH RECORDS?

"At the moment, I cannot defend myself because we are out of the Champions League, Every word that I say is the wrong word. But when you see the facts, we went further in the Capital One Cup this season, qualified for the Champions League group stage, we have played all these matches and are still in a very good position in the league."

"The facts say we are better than last year. That's my answer because I can only give facts. I'm also disappointed that we are out of the Champions League."

"This was a tight group so I am not agreeing with any opinion that this was an easy group. I've said to the players, now it's over in the Champions League. You cannot show your qualities any more on the highest podium. It's a pity but we have a lot to fight for the FA Cup and the Premier League."

Louis van gaal.......Sky Sports this morning!!!

LvG is cray. Tight group??! PSV, CSKA n Wolfsburg make a tight group? TF!!! Mancity had a tougher group yet they emerged top...this dude is vomiting trash. Absolute crap
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 09, 2015
This dailymail comment has got to be the funniest iv read in a while...We fans didn't know what to shout in the game because van hoofball is actually a clueless manager

#Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack.........defend, defend, defend, def..........# too late!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:48am On Dec 09, 2015
Pataki:

Ah well, Manure can still hope for the best. I strongly suggest that they put all their energy into the Thursday night Europa league and win it. Winning it, brings an automatic qualification into next year's Champions League. As I am not 100% sure United will even make it into the top four of the EPL this current season.
Your beloved Prophet,
Pataki (Signed).
Shut your fuckin mouth, you are only one point ahead & talking of guarantees.
You'll disappear like rent-a-ghost soon on your very next loss!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:52am On Dec 09, 2015
MrLouisVanGaal:
When the pain becomes too much
what was that guy saying Mr. Loius?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2015
Van Gaal:
angry

"At the moment, I cannot defend myself because we are out of the Champions League, Every word that I say is the wrong word. But when you see the facts, we went further in the Capital One Cup this season

4-0 loss to MK Dons last season....Only to crash out to lowly Middlesbrough at Old Trafford this season?? Improvement??

Like Seriously?? shocked shocked

You are a foool at 64!!

Van Gaal:

"This was a tight group so I am not agreeing with any opinion that this was an easy group.

God punish you for making this kinda statement as an excuse for our shameful exit.

Immediately after the draws in August....

Manchester United:

[size=14pt]Van Gaal pleased with European draw[/size]

Louis van Gaal admits he was pleased by the UEFA Champions League group stage draw after Manchester United were pitted against PSV Eindhoven, CSKA Moscow and Wolfsburg.

Of course, the former Netherlands manager has an obvious link to Dutch champions PSV, the club who Memphis Depay played for before joining the Reds this summer. And while some might say Russia is not the ideal destination for a midweek match, van Gaal believes the journey is exaggerated and he is therefore quite happy with Group B.
I have played in Moscow once, against Lokomotiv, and the journey isn’t as long as everyone thinks. It’s a three or four-hour direct flight and the facilities there are good. I think we could have drawn worse."

Only for this fooolish man to change mouth after screwing us up....

I reiterate - E no go better for you angry

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2015
tess1:
LVG will not take this team anywhere. I`ll continue to say that he sold players that were not supposed to be sold without adequate replacement and this made the squad to be small.

I mentioned some days ago that some of those players sold could`ve been retained as squad players instead of selling them for peanuts. A lot of rookies being introduced in the most important match of the season shows irresponsibility of the highest order.

In Dec 2009 when we played this same Wolfsburg, we had about 15 players injured which necessitated SAF playing a lot of players out of positions but he was still able to play experienced players and won the match 3 - 1. Someone already posted the team yesterday. The Wolsfburg team even had Dzecko in the team against Carrick and Fletcher as our center backs and Kuzsack as the Keeper.

The team was very large then but now it`s so small that we`re now bringing in rookies to fiill in for injured senior players.

I don`t know what Young has done to LVG to warrant him being benched regularly. Is this not the same Young that made ADM leave? What has gone wrong? I can`t just understand.

I have nothing much to say about his subs because they`re wack as usual. This man should just be paid off at the end of the season and get another manager.

What manager gives a 'youth player' who hasn't played in 9 months a debut in his most important game?
What manager becomes so clueless that he has to raid his youth setup just so he can get players to complete his champions league squad?
How many Europen power houses feature a front three made up of kids still being breastfed?
What kind of coach of a team like Manchester United plays a Fellaini with the intent of hoofing to him all day? Which European team does that?
What kind of manager only gets up at the final whistle, even when his team is trailing and desperately in need of motivation to get goals?
Infact what sort of manager sits comfortably when the referee and linesmen give decisions that might appear right but look unprofessional?
Finally what coach assembles a squad of 250 million pounds to go play in the Europa league. Ferguson would have been so good with that money that by now, they would already be thinking of placing us in the final waiting for our opponents.

If the management cannot get VanGaal out, then we should, as a matter of urgency. We are gradually returning to the dark days. sitting fourth in the EPL with a loss to bournemouth and a win for tottenham throwing us to fifth, kicked to the Europa league, almost 10 players out with the young ones feeling unmotivated is enough sign for us to know it is only going to get worse.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 09, 2015
SailorXY:
what was that guy saying Mr. Loius?

He was saying "The banners are ready, the plane is ready, just one more match, one more match wax face"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2015
oh lawd.... Wetin be united sin? na crime to appoint Van Gaal as manager??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bimffo(m): 10:18am On Dec 09, 2015
airmark:

Which of the HAMs? Na WEST , FUL or nothing? cheesy

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:36am On Dec 09, 2015
Moyes did it, lvg is doing it, when you guys were sucking lvg's cock, I told ya he aint our level, where is coogar to defend his paymaster defraud and lose van gaal. Even moyes topped a tougher group and got to q final and was unlucky against bayern.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:36am On Dec 09, 2015
nyabinghi:
when I mentioned the clueless mentality of lvg shebi una form mob, that guy will make united look like watford. Moyes did a better job compared to him for united. Lvg lost to swansea three times in a row, he lost to arsenal at old trafford in the fa cup, lost 3 0 to arsenal in the league(arsenal couldn't beat moyes), crashed out of capital one cup twice in quick succession. Spent united's money as he wished.

He lost three straight matches last season against Chelsea, Everton and I think West Brom. Something we haven't seen in three decades.

But Moyes and Gaal are guilty. They sent us back 30 years. We are practically back to pre-SAF era

We need to reduce our injuries. Get two experienced squad players to join. If possible buy Vardy in January.

We used to think John Oshea, Fletcher, Gibson were average players. But they did jobs for us on occasions like this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:37am On Dec 09, 2015
Possible return dates for our injured players.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:41am On Dec 09, 2015

Jones, Rooney and Herrera could be fully fit by next weekend.

We are going to miss Smalling and Rojo. If we had a steady back, our problems would be half solved.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2015
Now our defence and DM are crocked with injuries unfortunate we've no attack to save us.

With Herrera back, maybe na to revert to our last season's formation of 4141.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 10:54am On Dec 09, 2015
Dadehmola:

4-0 loss to MK Dons last season....Only to crash out to lowly Middlesbrough at Old Trafford this season?? Improvement??

Like Seriously?? shocked shocked

You are a foool at 64!!

God punish you for making this kinda statement as an excuse for our shameful exit.

Immediately after the draws in August....

Only for this fooolish man to change mouth after screwing us up....

I reiterate - E no go better for you angry

O je relax....better chill and enjoy Europa...You will face Pataki in the finals

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) (2472) (2473) (2474) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: hholar(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.