Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,805 members, 7,851,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:01 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8841974 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2478) (2479) (2480) (2481) (2482) (2483) (2484) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Are we playing better when we have the Full Squad?!

We were winning when we had Valencia, Jones, Rojo and Herrera all fit together.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:21am On Dec 12, 2015
If we had 70% of our injured players, we could hope of winning the league. We played some good football against CSKA and West Brom. About three matches in a row and in each we could have massacre our oppositions. Chances were many and we reduced our opponents to virtually zero threats. All of a sudden, injuries got worse. Gaal also sometimes unnecessarily change a winning team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:27am On Dec 12, 2015
elampiro:

I was about posting this. This is not expected of LVG. He just grouped us together with the rest of EPL teams in terms of capability. What he is saying is that we are no longer special. If we have almost same capability with other teams in EPL, what about Europe?

Dadehmola, SailorXY, BinghiNya, AdeLaNa1, RuuDie

louis Van Gaal:

"When you say that I am hired to make the difference, you are right. I don't think it is [completely] like that – I can make the difference, in tactics and everything, but I cannot score goals,"

"They say a club like Manchester United has to win. That's the past. You have to analyse the club now. Now we have much more clubs who have money… also the structure and are able to win something.

It's getting more & more obvious that this man isnt the right person for the job. With this mentality, we may be back to the exact position Moyes left us...not neccesarily in terms of position on the log, but the general psche & Orientation of the players..

My Major concern is that we may have to wait till the expiration of his contract (in 2017) before the club seeks a replacement.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:35am On Dec 12, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Are we playing better when we have the Full Squad?!

Atleast the full squad was able to grind out results...

Rotating the likes of Botblablahblah Jackson with Varela & Mcnair, Lingard with Powell etc every 3 days isnt something i'm looking forward to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:37am On Dec 12, 2015
elampiro:

As at when United beat Brugges, they were stronger than PSV because they both competed in Europa with Brugges going as far as quarter final while PSV lost in group stage. A long the line their oppositions criss crossed and Brugges did strongly. Brugges went into UCL qualifying series and did superb well until we met them. At the time they had not lost any home game in ten European matches, winning their last match three nil.
Well as for this season, PSV is better while Club Brugge is the worst of the three.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:14am On Dec 12, 2015
Dadehmola:

It's getting more & more obvious that this man isnt the right person for the job. With this mentality, we may be back to the exact position Moyes left us...not neccesarily in terms of position on the log, but the general psche & Orientation of the players..

My Major concern is that we may have to wait till the expiration of his contract (in 2017) before the club seeks a replacement.

I don't usually like sack hire, sack hire. But this man is losing it.

He should try to correct the squad a little by buying 3 experienced players in January so that the squad can be bigger incase of injuries.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:18am On Dec 12, 2015
McNair tried Las season playing as a RCB. Why not develope him there? He should have partnered Smalling in the last two games. Blind should have been on the left back and Darmian on the right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 12, 2015
Dadehmola:

Atleast the full squad was able to grind out results...

Rotating the likes of Botblablahblah Jackson with Varela & Mcnair, Lingard with Powell etc every 3 days isnt something i'm looking forward to.
Maybe it's an opportunity to discover new talents! We can't overlook the Lads, they might be the answers to our tactical problems and fluidity!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 12, 2015
elampiro:

We were winning when we had Valencia, Jones, Rojo and Herrera all fit together.
I am more interested in the Lads! The quartet you mentioned are fine Players but I still believe we can discover great talents among the Youngsters!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:04am On Dec 12, 2015
elampiro:

I think Scherdeline and Carrick should change positions in your line up. The person playing DM in 4-1-4-1 should be able to distribute well. Many back passes will be going to him to reset the attack or change attacking direction.
Carrick & Blind can bring the ball forward from deep with proper distribution. Bournemouth will park the bus anyway, I'm more concerned about stopping their pace in case of counter attacks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:06am On Dec 12, 2015
I FELL OUT OF LOVE WITH FOOTBALL UNDER VAN GAAL - RAFAEL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:08am On Dec 12, 2015
elampiro:
McNair tried Las season playing as a RCB. Why not develope him there? He should have partnered Smalling in the last two games. Blind should have been on the left back and Darmian on the right
This is where he acts like a total m•ron.
Blind is played in the center no matter the cost when he can fill in on the left side & other right-footed guys complete the defense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:09am On Dec 12, 2015
Good luck to all my United faithfuls that will be watching another heartbreaking match from an injury ravaged side. My future condolences to them. As for me, I'd be resorting back to the tactics I used during Moyes era - which is reading about the match details online after every loss.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2015
Louis "WAX FACE" van gaal has done it. So the third richest club in the world cannot compete with the likes of the teams above and below it...this was the statement that sent him packing from Barca. The fans couldn't bear such disgraceful admission. Many years on he is still telling people many clubs have become richer and we can't compete as before...The very same thing he was telling the Spanish press when Barca was dumped out of the champions league at the group stage. We all know what happened after he left. All of a sudden Barca became super rich over night and was winning the Champions league like there's no tomorrow. Please we need to unite as fans across social media and pressure the management to get this block head out of our club. No manager in world football and i mean NO MANAGER will misuse 250 million pounds and still be at LVG's level. Not even the clueless Moyes. It's disgraceful.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:20am On Dec 12, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Dope J! grin
Guess you forget they beat Chelsea at the Bridge last Week?!
Don't underestimate them pls! Besides we ain't getting a strong Team at the moment. The Midfield was a disaster on Tuesday, I hope it won't be the same again today!

With a fluke goal? Abeg bone that thing, the players know better than to lose today, everyone will be on their neck not even van gaal's this time around

I repeat, Bournemouth is going to be a walk over no matter how bad we play, if I eat my words at the end of the day, no wahala, na to stop to watch ball for now be that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:24am On Dec 12, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

There are no walk overs in the BPL
An average side like MUFC can't go into games expecting 3 points
You will need to work hard and hope your opponents turn down
Yes you are that rubbish nowadays!

So na because una qualify for round of 16 na make you dey get mouth dey talk all these one abi, no wahala, na second kukuma dey face first for knockout stage, make we see how una wan tey pass that stage
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2015
cry

The standard of e-punditry on this thread this days is pathetic! All 1 ever reads is crap about moyes and lvg, regrets, meaningless stale statistical epistles and nothing else!

Why not chat about how to find solutions to the teams problems in more depth? Or tactics? Or our teams future plans as per players? At least offer positive contributions of some sort instead of all this negative b.s? Abegii, its depressing........................

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2015
Dadehmola:

LvG is really under pressure now... Let the club management note it that the earlier he is relieved the better because of the players morale and philosophy of play... It is going to give the incoming coach a little check before the team is stabilized..
lvG is tired. Seems he is not expecting this. But also, for January transfer window, i want him to buy but not with another 200m.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:49am On Dec 12, 2015
adeyemi2015:

I am more interested in the Lads! The quartet you mentioned are fine Players but I still believe we can discover great talents among the Youngsters!

Play only these young stars from now till May. What you will get is 10th-12th position. They will play some matches very fine, but it's always going to be nearly, nearly nearly in 60% of the time. That's we would say we missed chances and we nearly won.

You need to look at the history of our line ups. The difference between our game against Arsenal and Everton was three players in strategic positions. Jones came in and paired Smalling. Rojo came to the left back. So we had three solid players at the back. Herrera came into the attack. That's a player who doesn't only distribute but can stop the opposition from starting an attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:52am On Dec 12, 2015
dopeJemi:

With a fluke goal? Abeg bone that thing, the players know better than to lose today, everyone will be on their neck not even van gaal's this time around

I repeat, Bournemouth is going to be a walk over no matter how bad we play, if I eat my words at the end of the day, no wahala, na to stop to watch ball for now be that
let us rally round the team. We are united. Thou the starting eleven has a role to play. The team has to play either for the club, pocket, glory or whatsoever...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:53am On Dec 12, 2015

“Consistency is everything in football. You get games, you feel better,” he said. “You enjoy it more and your fitness is better. When you’ve not played for a long time it’s very hard for the player.

“When Van Gaal arrived I could see I wasn’t in the plan. When you’re a player you can feel it, you can see that.

“To be honest I didn’t really enjoy playing when Van Gaal was there. “I like to enjoy myself, to try things and do stuff. Last year I wasn’t doing that. “The 10 games I played I thought I played very well apart from Leicester [a 5-3 away defeat]. It’s hard to know.

“I had some choices to go in England, but in the end I wanted to try something different. It’s good to challenge yourself.”

Rafael admits he understands why Red Devils fans are calling for a more adventurous style than the possession based strategy Van Gaal currently uses.

“Everyone is different. Results matter so if they can win the league it will be a different story.
“I watch them play and I’ve heard some things as well... But it’s hard. Football is for the fans. They want to see good football.”

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:58am On Dec 12, 2015
sinizia:
Good luck to all my United faithfuls that will be watching another heartbreaking match from an injury ravaged side. My future condolences to them. As for me, I'd be resorting back to the tactics I used during Moyes era - which is reading about the match details online after every loss.

Download our match highlights during SAF era to console yourself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:02am On Dec 12, 2015
elampiro:

Download our match highlights during SAF era to console yourself.

That would make it worse seeing how United have fallen from grace to grass under Moyes and Van Goat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2015
sinizia:

That would make it worse seeing how United have fallen from grace to grass under Moyes and Van Goat.

I enjoy them a lot these days. Pure attacking football, swift movement. Counter attack.

Since Di Maria left we have been unable to complete one counter attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2015
elampiro:

Play only these young stars from now till May. What you will get is 10th-12th position. They will play some matches very fine, but it's always going to be nearly, nearly nearly in 60% of the time. That's we would say we missed chances and we nearly won.

You need to look at the history of our line ups. The difference between our game against Arsenal and Everton was three players in strategic positions. Jones came in and paired Smalling. Rojo came to the left back. So we had three solid players at the back. Herrera came into the attack. That's a player who only doesn't distribute but can stop the opposition from starting an attack.
May God spare us from LVG philosophy next Session!
Oh Lord! Kindly touch the mind of Pep Guardiola to accept United Offer and becomes our next Manager!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2015
adebayo201:

let us rally round the team. We are united. Thou the starting eleven has a role to play. The team has to play either for the club, pocket, glory or whatsoever...

I am for the team, but it is heartbreaking seeing the team play the way they play, it is very heartbreaking... van gaal should just let the players express themselves, we have nothing to lose, cause even with his philosophy and all we manage to win, he should let the players be. We are going to have a "happy ever after" ending
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:11am On Dec 12, 2015
Last weekend I was streaming our match, I saw us doing a very great counter, we outnumbered the opposition. Then I got distracted because I was in an event. When I came back in 2 minutes, score stood still at 0-0.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 12, 2015
sinizia:

grin
Take Heart Buddy!
Don't forsake the Team ATM!
The Team needs Fans like you than they need Van Gaal!
Kindly cheer up and stay with the Team during this hardship!
"For better for worse" defines a real Fan!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:42am On Dec 12, 2015
Hmm! Even Rafael dey bash van Goof grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:47am On Dec 12, 2015
elampiro:

I don't usually like sack hire, sack hire. But this man is losing it.

He should try to correct the squad a little by buying 3 experienced players in January so that the squad can be bigger incase of injuries.
so who n who are u suggesting
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:57am On Dec 12, 2015
elampiro:

I enjoy them a lot these days. Pure attacking football, swift movement. Counter attack.

Since Di Maria left we have been unable to complete one counter attack.

Maria brought back a bit of counter-attacking in his first few months and that was it. Our counter-attacking spirit left us the moment CR7, Park, Tevez and co left. Only Rooney couldn't do it again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
adeyemi2015:

grin
Take Heart Buddy!
Don't forsake the Team ATM!
The Team needs Fans like you than they need Van Gaal!
Kindly cheer up and stay with the Team during this hardship!
"For better for worse" defines a real Fan!
grin

My prayers are with them, but to be on a safer side, I better not watch their agonizing football.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2478) (2479) (2480) (2481) (2482) (2483) (2484) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), delkuf(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.