Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,253 members, 7,860,585 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3056) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8860445 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) ... (14214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:40am On Jul 14, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:
Pogba is not a holding midfielder and that's one of the reasons he was invisible in the final. He was clearly given instructions to sit in front of the defence and make play from there. That is not the Pogba that is worth 100 million.

He's a dynamic box to box midfielder, more of a 10 even. Look at his performance against Switzerland when Kante was sitting giving Pogba the freedom to roam and attack. If not for a good keeper who was on mad form that night and the bar Pogba would have finished them that day. The same thing happened versus Germany, Deschamps told him to sit in front of the defence but the one opportunity he had to go forward he showed a great piece of skill and created the second goal for France.

Don't judge players based on international tournaments. Even the sissoko you're raving about Newcastle fans can't wait for him to leave because he performs nonsense during the season and is lazy on the field. If we use international tournaments as a barometer then Eduardo Vargas should be playing for Madrid, Barca or Bayern. The guy usually lights up tournaments for Chile but look at his record in club football. 2 goals in 24 appearances last season for hoffenheim, 3 in 21 for qpr, 3 in 17 for Valencia, would you still want him in your team based on internationals?

@bold... in that game, Payet had been withdrawn for Kante giving Pogba to move up front... the price for getting him is just outrageous!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by xynerise: 10:41am On Jul 14, 2016
£100M for Pogba? Thats absurd!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:43am On Jul 14, 2016
lekkie073:
a carrick/kante pairing would look out of the way but a carrick/pogba (or matuidi) looks a bit more balanced. though players like kroos would suit the situation like u said.

yea,but we cant keep relying on carrick..hes 35 now,his legs are weak...i really felt for him when he said he wished he was still 25 and trying to play for mou,for me,i think thats d most important replacement we have to make,cos even if we buy matuidi pogba and kante,none of them can dictate the tempo of d game from deep,those kind of midfielders ar rare
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:45am On Jul 14, 2016
dubylhover:

and still our best mf...tho in my own opinion,i dont want any of those french midfielders,be it pogba,matuidi,or kante sef.....i still believe in schnerderlin,he needs a brain to operate beside him and carricks legs are getting tired...with d quality of carrick beside any box to box mf,heck carrick made i seem cleverley was world class..in essense im saying united shud b looking to buy a midfielder like kroos or verrati not grasshopping pogba or matuidi that always keeps his head on d ground while playing,never looking up..my opinion tho

@underlined; let me burst your bubbles... Schnerderline is also a French player... tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2016
adebayo201:

@underlined; let me burst your bubbles... Schnerderline is also a French player... tongue

yea i know,thats why i said i dont want any more of em,schnerderlin is enuf grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:58am On Jul 14, 2016
lekkie073:
I wanted to ask d same question....

as a club fan I am not interested in how much a club makes or how much they spend.
all I want is trophies and if s club is going to sign angel Gabriel to achieve this, I don't care.

in as much as the glazers r not complaining why should I?

was manutd worth d Adidas 80m/year sponsorship deal when it was signed? No. The same way pogba might not worth the price quoted but dat doesn't mean he is not good the same way Adidas would overlook united's recent form to go ahead and still splash d cash on them.

#my opinion...
@the bolded is so wrong
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2016
dubylhover:

yea i know,thats why i said i dont want any more of em,schnerderlin is enuf grin grin
(cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 11:09am On Jul 14, 2016
Many people seem to have different opinions regarding pogba. What is quite obvious in all,is basically people resenting or not wanting him becuz of the price tag attached to the young man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:11am On Jul 14, 2016
parrotibaba:
@the bolded is so wrong
cheesy cheesy just say no be everything person go quote but I've always wondered what he meant by that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2016
INS & OUTS

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:25am On Jul 14, 2016
Diademk07:
Don't we have a friendly vs Wigan on the 15th?

It's Saturday, 16th July 2016

1.30pm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:25am On Jul 14, 2016
diggz:
Many people seem to have different opinions regarding pogba. What is quite obvious in all,is basically people resenting or not wanting him becuz of the price tag attached to the young man.

i absolutely have no problem with the price,i have always felt that there was nothing really special abt him just theatrics..like balotelli
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:34am On Jul 14, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:
Pogba is not a holding midfielder and that's one of the reasons he was invisible in the final. He was clearly given instructions to sit in front of the defence and make play from there. That is not the Pogba that is worth 100 million.

He's a dynamic box to box midfielder, more of a 10 even. Look at his performance against Switzerland when Kante was sitting giving Pogba the freedom to roam and attack. If not for a good keeper who was on mad form that night and the bar Pogba would have finished them that day. The same thing happened versus Germany, Deschamps told him to sit in front of the defence but the one opportunity he had to go forward he showed a great piece of skill and created the second goal for France.

Don't judge players based on international tournaments. Even the sissoko you're raving about Newcastle fans can't wait for him to leave because he performs nonsense during the season and is lazy on the field. If we use international tournaments as a barometer then Eduardo Vargas should be playing for Madrid, Barca or Bayern. The guy usually lights up tournaments for Chile but look at his record in club football. 2 goals in 24 appearances last season for hoffenheim, 3 in 21 for qpr, 3 in 17 for Valencia, would you still want him in your team based on internationals?
Xhaka was actually the best midfielder in the Swiss match. All what Pogba did was to display his needless tricks and take shots, he hardly created chances for Giroud in that match, even as the most advanced attacking midfielder. Funny enough when Xhaka got his eyes set on him in the 2nd half, he became invisible.
More so, he wasn't asked to sit back against Germany. He and Mathuidi took turns bombing forward. It was only in the final that the coach asked him to sit back as an holding deeplying playmaker, so as to avoid repetition of their midfield being dominated in the final, like the German midfield did. We all know that if it weren't for the German lack of striker, France would have packed their bag tey tey. The only good performance he had was against Iceland.
One thing known about Pogba is that he's neither a playmaker nor a creative midfielder, I think that's why most view him as a box-box midfielder which he's not. To bring the best out of him, you would need both a playmaker and a defensive midfielder alongside him and all for what? Just to try his tricks and take shots!
Abegii!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:42am On Jul 14, 2016
dubylhover:

i absolutely have no problem with the price,i have always felt that there was nothing really special abt him just theatrics..like balotelli
I have come to the conclusion that price is meaningless in soccer now,I won't agonize over it anymore.
Leroy sane for 50million!!
I don't even know who that is.

pogba is all right,if he'll help us let him come.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:51am On Jul 14, 2016
jubrealguy:
what he was trying to say is a £100m player should b capable of producing the kinda outstanding performance sissoko produced in that final consistently and he was trying to tell u can get that with KANTE which maybe is true bt where i do not agree with him is saying some midfielders outperform POGBA.......let's not make mistake, POGBA is one of the best holding midfielder in this era bt a £20 KANTE is wat i will go for if it were to be me but this is MANCHESTER UNITED and we need stars that just know how to win Titles, POGBA has won a lot, he has the mentality of a champion.
What?
Abegi! He can't even tie the shoelace of the little Verratti who has consistently outclassed not only Chelsea midfield but also Barca midfield.
There was never a time that he was better than Pirlo nor Vidal in the midfield before both left. Even as at last season, Marchiso was Juve best midfielder, his playmaking skills was second to none.
The thing is, apart from the outrageous fees, Pogba isn't what we need at present. We need a deeplying playmaker to consistently 'free' the likes of Martial and Mikhi in acres of space on the wing. We can't keep depending on the likes of Carrick and Schweini as they are not getting younger and one is even injuryprone.
Secondly, we might need a defensive midfielder such as Kante in case Schneiderlin still fails to replicate his Saint's performance. Rather this, we are busying chasing rainbows in Pogba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I have come to the conclusion that price is meaningless in soccer now,I won't agonize over it anymore.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jubrealguy(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
Diademk07:

What?
Abegi! He can't even tie the shoelace of the little Verratti who has consistently outclassed not only Chelsea midfield but also Barca midfield.
There was never a time that he was better than Pirlo nor Vidal in the midfield before both left. Even as at last season, Marchiso was Juve best midfielder, his playmaking skills was second to none.
The thing is, apart from the outrageous fees, Pogba isn't what we need at present. We need a deeplying playmaker to consistently 'free' the likes of Martial and Mikhi in acres of space on the wing. We can't keep depending on the likes of Carrick and Schweini as they are not getting younger and one is even injuryprone.
Secondly, we might need a defensive midfielder such as Kante in case Schneiderlin still fails to replicate his Saint's performance. Rather this, we are busying chasing rainbows in Pogba.
Then the answer is POGBA, d price might be heftier than the worth, u don't compare Marco Veratti and Claudio Marchisio to paul Pogba, u don't wanna do that...... POGBA is very good and young.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
SIRcumalot:

grin e just be like say the amount for an average footballer now is 30m. d moment ur name Don enter newspaper small , the money must dey clock 40-50m. if ur name Don dey enter newspaper three times in a month, dat one be say dem go being price for 60m smh

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
jubrealguy:
Then the answer is POGBA, d price might be heftier than the worth, u don't compare Marco Veratti and Claudio Marchisio to paul Pogba, u don't wanna do that...... POGBA is very good and young.
What you are failing to realise is Pogba is no playmaker nor a creative midfielder to do such.. I would rather take the other french, Mario Lemina from Juve than Pogba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
lekkie073:
grin e just be like say the amount for an average footballer now is 30m. d moment ur name Don enter newspaper small , the money must dey clock 40-50m. if ur name Don dey enter newspaper three times in a month, dat one be say dem go being price for 60m smh

grin grin if to say na manu buy that umtiti,na 60m dem for talk
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
I'm not saying Pogba is worth 100 million all I'm saying is that he's very good at what he does which is dribbling, scoring and chance creation.

What is vexing is the people comparing him to far inferior players. Somebody here said Gary Medel is better for feck sake.

And the guy that compared Zlatan and lord Bendtner needs to check into the nearest mental asylum ASAP.

These are Pogba's stats from sqwakwa at the euros
7 games
54% shot accuracy
11 chances created
88% pass accuracy

As for juventus, last season he created 54 chances the closest from a man utd midfielder is Herrera at 21
12 assists and 8 goals
That is 20 goals contributed by a mid in one season

Why wouldn't you want someone like that in midfield behind martial Rooney Mkhitaryan and ibra.
I don't give a feck how much he costs. It's better for us to spend the money than for it to be sitting in one Glazers banl account.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:
I'm not saying Pogba is worth 100 million all I'm saying is that he's very good at what he does which is dribbling, scoring and chance creation.

What is vexing is the people comparing him to far inferior players. Somebody here said Gary Medel is better for feck sake.

And the guy that compared Zlatan and lord Bendtner needs to check into the nearest mental asylum ASAP.

7 games
54% shot accuracy
11 chances created
88% pass accuracy

As for juventus, last season he created 54 chances the closest from a man utd midfielder is Herrera at 21
12 assists and 8 goals

Why wouldn't you want someone like that in midfield behind martial Rooney Mkhitaryan and ibra.
I don't give a feck how much he costs. It's better for us to spend the money than for it to be sitting in one Glazers banl account.
while some ppl r vexed due to his high price tag, I have heard some saying they don't want the deal because they would be trolled d way Chelsea was trolled on matic's deal. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stylochime: 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
jubrealguy:
Abeg No Vex, Hv U Rili Watchd Verriati Play? Seen His Movement On And Of The Ball? His Performance In Big Matches? U Should Bro Den U Wuld Undastnd Y Sm Of Us Wuld Prefer Him Ova Pogba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:22pm On Jul 14, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

7 games
54% shot accuracy
11 chances created
88% pass accuracy

12 assists and 8 goals

Believe me Verratti is no inferior player. He's the best top young midfielder at present. There's a reason Xavi tried to tap him up for Barca and why Psg chairman came up with his tripe that if Barca tried to lure Verratti, he will bid for Messi.
Anyway, the best player in Juve team last season was Dyabala while their best midfielder was Marchiso. If he couldn't even be Juve's best midfielder after the likes of Pirlo and Vidal left, then what are we saying? There was also Mario Lemina who looked good everytime he played and was Juve best midfielder during the time the likes of Marchiso and Khedira were out, injured.
By the way, the midfielders I revere most are the play-makers. These players are rare gems and should be the one going for 100mil pounds and not some box-box cum attacking midfielders that are plenty everywhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
stylochime:

Abeg No Vex, Hv U Rili Watchd Verriati Play? Seen His Movement On And Of The Ball? His Performance In Big Matches? U Should Bro Den U Wuld Undastnd Y Sm Of Us Wuld Prefer Him Ova Pogba
veratti with two league goals in over a hundred matches for PSG? na wa o!
just like kante, he is a midfielder with no aerial presence.
he has wonderfully scored 2 goals in four seasons for psg playing in a more inferior league to Italy. abeggiiiii....I no get hand for that dwarf jare grin

veratti ko. Volkswagen ni ..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
Even while Pogba was at the academy, Ravel Morrison was the best midfielder as well. It's a shame the latter chose hooliganism over playing football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
Diademk07:

Believe me Verratti is no inferior player. He's the best top young midfielder at present. There's a reason Xavi tried to tap him up for Barca and why Psg chairman came up with his tripe that if Barca tried to lure Verratti, he will bid for Messi.
Anyway, the best player in Juve team last season was Dyabala while their best midfielder was Marchiso. If he couldn't even be Juve's best midfielder after the likes of Pirlo and Vidal left, then what are we saying? There was also Mario Lemina who looked good everytime he played and was Juve best midfielder during the time the likes of Marchiso and Khedira were out, injured.
By the way, the midfielders I revere most are the play-makers. These players are rare gems and should be the one going for 100mil pounds and not some box-box cum attacking midfielders that are plenty everywhere.
Guy I didn't say Verrati is an inferior player. Heck I would take Verrati over Pogba any day of the week. The guy Na baller. Infact a midfield of Verrati and Schneiderlin would be superb.

I was talking about the person here who said that Medel is a better option than Pogba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
lekkie073:
he has wonderfully scored 2 goals in four seasons for psg playing in a more inferior league to Italy. abeggiiiii....I no get hand for that dwarf jare grin

im definitely sure you havent really watched him play,schooles and xavi are nephillims that are giants abi...i ask again what is pogbas best position
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
lekkie073:
he has wonderfully scored 2 goals in four seasons for psg playing in a more inferior league to Italy. abeggiiiii....I no get hand got that dwarf jare grin

Guy no dey talk like this Na. Verrati controls play sets the tempo of the teams attacks. His job is not to score goals.

It's almost like saying how many saves has Martial made.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
pogba scored more goals last season than all veratti has scored in his entire career....

#important fact
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 1:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

Guy no dey talk like this Na. Verrati controls play sets the tempo of the teams attacks. His job is not to score goals.

It's almost like saying how many saves has Martial made.
veratti and carrick does basically the same thing on d pitch. playing as a holding midfielder, orchestrating okay from defense to attack.

pogba plays a quite different role.

do u know that pogba has the highest assist in serie A last season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
Diademk07:

Xhaka was actually the best midfielder in the Swiss match. All what Pogba did was to display his needless tricks and take shots, he hardly created chances for Giroud in that match, even as the most advanced attacking midfielder. Funny enough when Xhaka got his eyes set on him in the 2nd half, he became invisible.
More so, he wasn't asked to sit back against Germany. He and Mathuidi took turns bombing forward. It was only in the final that the coach asked him to sit back as an holding deeplying playmaker, so as to avoid repetition of their midfield being dominated in the final, like the German midfield did. We all know that if it weren't for the German lack of striker, France would have packed their bag tey tey. The only good performance he had was against Iceland.
One thing known about Pogba is that he's neither a playmaker nor a creative midfielder, I think that's why most view him as a box-box midfielder which he's not. To bring the best out of him, you would need both a playmaker and a defensive midfielder alongside him and all for what? Just to try his tricks and take shots!
Abegii!

You've said it all. Nobody can really predict any outstanding position or quality of Flopgba. The overhyped wacko had a terrible tournament but scored against minnows called Iceland and the praises went overboard. That guy you quoted, when I saw him praising Flopgba for the Swiss match, that's when I knew debating him was a waste of time. I can't believe people that consistently watch Pogba will wish him on United. Well, it's not my money but if Mourinho gets that wacko and he doesn't perform, he'll get the blames while Flopgba will move on to another club still feeding off the hypes. United/Mourinho will be the losers when the guy flops.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) ... (14214) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: benedictilemona(m), MRTA7 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.