Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,725 members, 7,865,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:50 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8880917 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) (3271) (3272) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
Goal dot com is wack tho!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
S
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lana1:
In the second half when he pushed up, and City were on d back foot, how often was he getting the ball. I can still recollect how many times Pogba was in the middle waiting for the pass while Rooney & Fellaini were busy losing the ball, Fellaini was busy elbowing City players and Valencia was busy smashing his crosses into Kolarov and Otamendi.
Even in set pieces and especially corners, Rooney couldn't even get the ball past the first defender. And as such, our big men weren't getting the desired service.
Pogba eventually had no choice than to drop deep again so he could see more of the ball.

U cant blame Pogba. Every one around him was simply off their game.

In the 2nd half when we were on the front foot, Pogba was expected to influence the game better and contribute meaningfully to our attack but he was simply nowhere to be found - the fact that he was even shifted to his supposed "best role" worsens the whole ish!

For the most expensive player in the world earning so much money, such performances are simply unacceptable & he should take full responsibility for his actions (or inactions )
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

If it's United now, you'll see the Haters calling us PDP. But now, they've kept mute. Hypocrites.
you see PK wey gunners use win?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

You mean the same Kagawa that was our best player vs Bayern?

Kagawa never played as poor as Mkhi though.. Also, he was hardly given a chance to begin with. He started just 14 games under Moyes, most of the appearances came towards the end of the season when Moyes tumbled upon him and realised what's he's been missing and that he was too good to sit out.

True. Kagawa was never as poor as Mkhitaryan played today. Whether played in the wing or in midfield.

Even Cleverley, Fletcher, Hargreaves did jobs in the wings. I want to believe even if it were Jones who was asked to play in the wing today, he would have done far better than Mkhitaryan.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
This is for Elampiro that accused me of hating on Rooney and not watching the match; and for diademk that still found praises for the worthless Rooney. . .

Another truth, this just what I wrote earlier, the writer stole my thoughts.

At this point we are duty-bound to praise Rooney for ‘trying to make things happen’. Which basically means tearing around, chasing balls, flying into tackles for which he really should be booked sooner, attempting to start a fight with Guardiola, taking all the set-pieces and appealing every time the ball hits an opposition player on any part of his body in the box.

By the end of the game he had lost possession more times than anybody else on the pitch (23), which – granted – only happens when you are ‘trying to make things happen’. But for real influence, check out De Bruyne, nominally playing in the same position as Rooney at the opening whistle but making a lot less noise while having a lot more impact.
http://www.football365.com/news/man-united-1-2-man-city-16-conclusions

Like Sailor and I said, Mourinho will rue his decision if he sticks with Rooney. Rooney will get him sacked while Rooney takes unmerited glory as a good player.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by T5OM: 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
elrony:

Facebook pundit Save yourself the cluelessness and read the full post match interview!!! grin

I suppose you paid more attention to the palpations of your heart as you grapple with the reality of your team being out-classed in today's derby that you didn't take cognizance of this extract from Mourinho's post-match interview : "Honestly, I have two or three players in the first half who, if the game is now and I know what is going to happen, I don't play them...”

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4071/premier-league/2016/09/10/27375732/mourinho-points-finger-at-players-following-derby-defeat

Pray tell, how is it different from the one depicted in my afore-uploaded Facebook screengrab?

Next time you seek to engage me in a game of wits, be sure to get your facts right!

Class is in session, El-dumby!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

Everyone was rated poorly by Goal.com

But Mkhitaryan and Lingard were the worst. In fact Mkhitaryan and Lingard are being crucified right now on facebook and some other online fora

But I didn't rate their play high or praised them, but you did that for Rooney which turned out to be a lie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:
This is for Elampiro that accused me of hating on Rooney and not watching the match; and for diademk that still found praises for the worthless Rooney. . .

Another truth, this just what I wrote earlier, the writer stole my thoughts.

http://www.football365.com/news/man-united-1-2-man-city-16-conclusions

Like Sailor and I said, Mourinho will rue his decision if he sticks with Rooney. Rooney will get him sacked while Rooney takes unmerited glory as a good player.

If you go round fetching articles for each players, you will discover Mkhitaryan and Lingard would be blasted more, even though some English tabloid have a habit of blaming Rooney for United woes.

Rooney played better than Pogba today. Pogba is now the biggest name in the club. Remember. Rooney was one of the top players today.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
Elxandre:

I thought na only me dey see am o.

Because of their gra gra pressing football, they have concluded they are unstoppable.
Lol

Their defence is porous, and United only lost as a result of being over-coached today.
Once i saw Lingard ahead of Martial, I knew it might not go well.
Martial's poor form is far ahead of Lingard's best.
We were unlucky with Mkhi today.
He has the X-factor that could have won us the game, but he just didn't "play"!

We are wasting Ibra playing Rooney behind him.
I've always said the combination would prove problematic.
Zlatan is even slower than Rooney, so how the hell can they combine?

Pogba is trying too much though!
I need Mourinho to craft a formation that would give Pogba a free role with no inhibitions, else we are looking at a £90m flop.

I stil believe in this team to win the league!

you this guy ehn... i cant forget your euro prediction... im going to put my money on this because of you...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

He had it in Van gaal first season and was horrible in that role.

There's a reason Van gaal never trusted him in that role again..

No player in the history of United have been given more chance than Rooney. Stop defending him. Rooney went 11 months without an away goal and still van Goat made him our point man. Mata has not gotten one-tenth of Rooney's chance. Rooney is a failure leaving off his past glory.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

If you go round fetching articles for each players, you will discover Mkhitaryan and Lingard would be blasted more, even though some English tabloid have a habit of blaming Rooney for United woes.

Rooney played better than Pogba today. Pogba is now the biggest name in the club. Remember. Rooney was one of the top players today.

Sad but true!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

You're missing the point. Mhiki and Lingard was useless, nobody dey say any less, the issues here is you rating Rooney high when he's just as useless as Mhiki and Lingard whole playing more minutes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
elrony:

Lol...Skimpledawg don save him money!!!
I be wan call am make we deal sef, but something just take my mind off and before I remember again, them don start match. By then sef I no come fit go viewing centre again. I had to stream the match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
Sinizia

From Metro

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
SailorXY:
you see PK wey gunners use win?

Of course I saw it and in the so-called Fergie Time. You won't see them here to scream PDP. Even Mark Hughes was wrongly sent off today, imagine if United were Tottenham, I no for hear word.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

You're missing the point. Mhiki and Lingard was useless, nobody dey say any less, the issues here is you rating Rooney high when he's just as useless as Mhiki and Lingard whole playing more minutes.

Rooney was one of the better players. Your hate for him has made you biased against him.

I didn't even rate the team at full time, so how do you mean I rated Rooney very high?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:
Sinizia

From Metro

Rating without description to write what Rooney really did? Rooney was not good, he's just there for the whole 90 mins doing nothing spectacular.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney was one of the better players. Your hate for him has made you biased against him.

I didn't even rate the team at full time, so how do you mean I rated Rooney very high?

I quoted a link, did they hate Rooney too?

The rating is for full time and he's below average for someone playing 90 mins.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

Kante-Fellani or Kante-Schneiderlin would fit well behind Pogba.
Let's leave hindsight and focus on what we've.

Our best pairing is Carrick-Herrera/Morgan - Bastian.

Carrick-Herrera with Pogba behind the striker and we've guys that can pass, hold ball and defend likewise while Pogba gets closer to the post.

Though we know it ain't happening.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
chrisley024:

Carrick-Herrera with Pogba behind the striker and we've guys that can pass, hold ball and defend likewise while Pogba gets closer to the post.

And no Fellani? Total disaster. Fellani is still defensively good for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

No player in the history of United have been given more chance than Rooney. Stop defending him. Rooney went 11 months without an away goal and still van Goat made him our point man. Mata has not gotten one-tenth of Rooney's chance. Rooney is a failure leaving off his past glory.

The thing with Rooney is he always put in an effort and even help out defensively unlike Mata who becomes invisible when the going get tough..

Did you realise that Rooney was later moved to the wing and still looked decent enough unlike Mkhi and Lingard who were quite poor on both wings..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hehehehe

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

I quoted a link, did they hate Rooney too?

The rating is for full time and he's below average for someone playing 90 mins.

There are ratings out there. The popular Goal.com scored Rooney higher than Mkhitaryan and Lingard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
chrisley024:

and move Rooney to the right flank if he "must" play...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
grin grin

So Moaninghoe has resumed where he stopped at Chelsea. Throwing his own players under the bus. grin

Una woes just dey start for Maga United.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

Rating without description to write what Rooney really did? Rooney was not good, he's just there for the whole 90 mins doing nothing spectacular.

I can give you rating with descriptions if that is what you want. De way u take carry this matter for head sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

There are ratings out there. The popular Goal.com scored Rooney higher than Mkhitaryan and Lingard.

I don't get this. Why are you dribbling around the issue?

Mhiki and Lingard were poor today, no argument.

Rooney was poor as well, you refused and Goal.com exposed you. So what are you still arguing about? Did I said Mhiki played well? Or Lingard played well? I tire for you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

The thing with Rooney is he always put in an effort and even help out defensively unlike Mata who becomes invisible when the going get tough..

Did you realise that Rooney was later moved to the wing and still looked decent enough unlike Mkhi and Lingard who were quite poor on both wings..

I gave him credit for that, I said he's passionate. But that's just it, the huffing and puffing he did were futile though. He'd have seen a red sef. He's just there but played waayyy below average.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
Sinizia, shey na you wan description. From daily mail.

It looks to me you are only trying to cover up Mkhitaryan poor performance with this Rooney blame.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

I can give you rating with descriptions if that is what you want. De way u take carry this matter for head sef.

Forget it. Rooney played well to you, but not to me. Let's move on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) (3271) (3272) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Trevor012(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.