Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,704 members, 7,865,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8880716 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
eph12:

Yeah I agree but he said it was his fault. He didn't mention any player's name did he? I only hope Miki and lingard are both allowed to start the next match so they can correct their mistakes.

[size=30] Shut Up Scummie [/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lana1:
Bailly this, Bailly that. His first real test and he was bullied all over the place by Ihenacho. So if na Aguero nko?? But he did play better in d 2nd half.

And all this persistence with Blind as CB will only come back to bite us in the ass eventually.he was asleep all through the first half. Out of position for the 2nd goal. And do i really need to lament about the first??
Abeg nobody send ball playing defender. Stones and Otamendi, how many passes were they stringing forward today??

Pair Smalling and Bailly and lets ve some steel in our defence. All dis Bailly and Blind na nonsense. Their first test of the season, and they both flopped badly.
Bailey was good and you know why am saying this? His performance in the 2nd half. The defence had little protection and they came top even when they were out numbered.

Na that ball playing part dey annoy me pass. If it's ball playing Smalling is very good at pushing balls into the midfield to attack. I expect Smalling to either be paired with Bailly or pushed up as a cover to the defence so Pogba and co can have fun up front. Am sure a Smalling on Debruyne would have calmed him down with some roughing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
Elxandre:

I thought na only me dey see am o.

Because of their gra gra pressing football, they have concluded they are unstoppable.
Lol

Their defence is porous, and United only lost as a result of being over-coached today.
Once i saw Lingard ahead of Martial, I knew it might not go well.
Martial's poor form is far ahead of Lingard's best
We were unlucky with Mkhi today.
He has the X-factor that could have won us the game, but he just didn't "play"!

We are wasting Ibra playing Rooney behind him.
I've always said the combination would prove problematic.
Zlatan is even slower than Rooney, so how the hell can they combine?

Pogba is trying too much though!
I need Mourinho to craft a formation that would give Pogba a free role with no inhibitions, else we are looking at a £90m flop.

I still believe in this team to win the league!

Lingard isn't competing with Martial's position to begin with. Mourinho was the one who played him there and dropped Martial. Both could have started..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by rozayx5(m): 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
T5OM:

Yet he won against club football's most prized players. Without his main talisman. With a 19-year-old boy.

He dominated the midfield and took the game to them. And his supposedly 'shady' defense conceded just one goal.

Need I go on, sir?

the goal they conceded was cause of keeper shakiness sef

3-0 wud have told the true state of things, this score made Man U look good lol

someone that sold ronaldinho and built a solid team for himself, knows what he wants

his only bane now?

SPAINS top Three cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
AdisaOwala:

He didn't have to mention names na - Miki & Lingaard didn't start the second half..

I think the "Certain players weren't at their best" approach would have been better...instead of openly expressing regret over the decision to start them.

Each manager with his own methods sha
he did later say he was to blame for the loss.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2016
eph12:

Bailey was good and you know why am saying this? His performance in the 2nd half. The defence had little protection and they came top even when they were out numbered.

Na that ball playing part dey annoy me pass. If it's ball playing Smalling is very good at pushing balls into the midfield to attack. I expect Smalling to either be paired with Bailly or pushed up as a cover to the defence so Pogba and co can have fun up front. Am sure a Smalling on Debruyne would have calmed him down with some roughing.

Blind was average but so was Bailly.. Even in the second half. I remembered Bailly flapping around Silva in the 2nd half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
Defence dey alrite. But we no get attack at all. Nobody to worry opposition defence and split em up with passes. Just look at KDB.

And Zlatan needs to start putting body for ball. This is the EPL. He cant just sit back and expect chances to be falling at his feet. No be Ligue 1 be dis.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
Spy360:

[size=30] Shut Up Scummie [/size]
Kikikikiki grin
Why you dey vex? I should be the one vexing na?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
Elxandre:

Because of their gra gra pressing football, they have concluded they are unstoppable.
Lol

Their defence is porous, and United only lost as a result of being over-coached today.
Martial's poor form is far ahead of Lingard's best.

I need Mourinho to craft a formation that would give Pogba a free role with no inhibitions, else we are looking at a £90m flop.

See, Pogba flopped today but he's a good player. What Pogba needs is a 3-man midfield with 2 defensively astute DMs to tidy up his mistakes. He shows off too much and he's not defensively good. It left Fellani doing all the DM work alone thereby exposing our defense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

Blind was average but so was Bailly.. Even in the second half. I remembered him flapping around Silva in the 2nd half.
Defenders will always flap around players like Silva once in a while. Doesn't make them bad. Your contribution over 90 minutes determines if you're ok.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
We did play a good Game, though in the 2nd Half, but we are just unlucky to at least get a Point.

Meanwhile, I hope Diademk07 will appreciate Herrera for the first time! He did a decent job, he played with passion and I am really happy for him!

Ride on with the Party, but to be frank, majority of United Fans ain't pained!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

Lingard isn't competing with Martial's position to begin with. Mourinho was the one who played him there and dropped Martial. Both could have started..

Hence why I blamed Mourinho the most. He played the players out of position - Mhiki and Lingard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:
See, Pogba flopped today but he's a good player. What Pogba needs is a 3-man midfield with 2 defensively astute DMs to tidy up his mistakes. He shows off too much and he's not defensively good. It left Fellani doing all the DM work alone thereby exposing our defense.

CHelseafan1 you dey read the part in bold
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lana1:
Defence dey alrite. But we no get attack at all. Nobody to worry opposition defence and split em up with passes. Just look at KDB.

And Zlatan needs to start putting body for ball. This is the EPL. He cant just sit back and expect chances to be falling at his feet. No be Ligue 1 be dis.

What KDB does is what Rooney ought to be doing for us, but he's the opposite of KDB. Rooney needs to benched.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
Elxandre:

Lol

Martial's poor form is far ahead of Lingard's best.

Virtual league u mean

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
First reflections
"What did I make of today? I think in the first half they were much better than us. We started the game badly. We started the game with some players really below the normal level, in terms of their concentration, of their mental ability to play a game of this speed because you need to be sharp in the way you think, the way you play. In a match of this dimension, when you have three or four players not at that level, you pay for that. The team paid for it."

Derby of two halves

"In the first half, for 35 minutes it was City in control, City deserved to be in front. In the last period of the first half we scored a goal and we could immediately score again but I think that was outside the context of the game in the first half. The second half was completely different, and when they brought on Fernando, they were feeling what everybody was feeling, that we were in control. We were much more dangerous, we had our chances to equalise and who knows what could happen if we had equalised. For 45 minutes, we fought really hard. We tried everything, took lots of risks and deserved a different result."

Deciding factors in defeat
"I think we were punished by a lot of things. First thing: our first half – the way we started, some individual performances made the team look fragile. We were also punished by two decisions of Mark [Clattenburg], because even the best referees can make mistakes and he made two mistakes. The first one is Bravo [on Rooney] – it’s a penalty and a red card. If any player does that outside the box, it’s a direct free-kick and a red card, so inside the box it’s a penalty and a red card. But the referee maybe thought of the consequences of that because the consequences would be a completely different game and he didn’t want to take that decision, which would be very important. And the second one is another penalty – Otamendi, with his elbow. He tries to stop the cross that’s going in front of him but the cross goes behind him, he’s looking to the ball and brings the arm and elbow back, and it’s another clear penalty. So we were also punished by that."

Right team selection?
"Look, honestly, I had two or three players in the first half who, if the game was played now and I know what is going to happen, then I wouldn't play them. But this is football and sometimes players, they disappoint managers, and sometimes players, they give us great surprises. I thought because of the characteristics of the game we could hurt them playing with some individuals with some qualities, they didn't give what I want. Is it their fault? Is it my fault? It's my fault because I'm the manager and it's always my fault because it's always my choice."

Positives to take from the second half
"The positives I take are the spirit of the group and the mentality to play the second half in the way we played it, taking enormous risks against a team that was defending and was waiting for a chance to counter-attack."

Two substitutions at half-time
"I would have done more if I could, because I was far from happy with the performance and I had to try to change the direction of the game, which we clearly did, but we didn’t get the compensation of what we did in the second half. I was feeling [we would score again] until the last minute, like we did at Hull City. When you feel that the team is there and ready to give everything until the last second, you are always waiting for something. And in the last 15 minutes, against a very good team obviously, we gambled in such a way that we left one against one in defence and went forward with everybody else to try to take to City a situation of big pressure, which we did. But again we did not get the compensation we deserved. In the first half we were punished like we deserved, but in the second half we didn’t get the compensation we deserved."

Results like this can happen
"You know that in this league you are always going to lose matches and you know that especially between the big teams, three results are more than possible to happen. So I don’t open my mouth when Liverpool go and beat Arsenal at Arsenal, when City beat Man United here, when Man United beat Chelsea or Tottenham away – nobody opens their mouth with surprise because it’s a normal result. But of course we’re sad and disappointed with the defeat."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
grin grin

Safe to say the world might end toda,Diademk07 is yet to release a presser on Ander Herrera!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

CHelseafan1 you dey read the part in bold
Kante-Fellani or Kante-Schneiderlin would fit well behind Pogba.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
Oasis007:
We did play a good Game, though in the 2nd Half, but we are just unlucky to at least get a Point.

Meanwhile, I hope Diademk07 will appreciate Herrera for the first time! He did a decent job, he played with passion and I am really happy for him!

Ride on with the Party, but to be frank, majority of United Fans ain't pained!

Herrera did nothing special, just helped us in the pressing..

Our chances came from piling Bravo with crosses even before the 1st half ended and we continued the same thing in the second half.. It was just like how opposition teams often took advantage of Degea when he first arrived at Manutd..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
I can undastand haters. But why United fans dey blame Pogba?? Our play on the wings was nonexistent. And City capitalised on dat. Plus d fact that we couldn't even hold possession for 10 secs to save our lives. Rooney, Zlatan, Mhki, Lingard were all losing possession all over the pitch. Bailly was being bullied by Ihenacho and Blind was busy allowing KDB free passage on goal on several occassions.
Tho i agree Pogba hugs the ball too much but Fellaini and Pogba were the only ones who hardly gave the ball away. Pogba had no choice but to fall back and help in defence. He tried his best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

Herrera did nothing special, just helped us in the pressing..

Our chances came from piling Bravo with crosses even before the 1st half ended and we continued the same thing in the second half.. It was just like how opposition teams often took advantage of Degea when he first arrived at Manutd..

I'm ain't saying he played anything spectacular, rather my point is; he changed the Game dimension along with Rashford!

He played to instruction, he was so determined to make a difference and deserved to be applauded!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
Why are some people mischievous in some kinda way? They already tryna turn Mourinho's post match interview into something else!!!

The hate is just too pathetic!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
I can undastand haters. But why United fans dey blame Pogba?? Our play on the wings was nonexistent. And City capitalised on dat. Plus d fact that we couldn't even hold possession for 10 secs to save our lives. Rooney, Zlatan, Mhki, Lingard were all losing possession all over the pitch. Bailly was being bullied by Ihenacho and Blind was busy allowing KDB free passage on goal on several occassions.
Tho i agree Pogba hugs the ball too much but Fellaini and Pogba were the only ones who hardly gave the ball away. Pogba had no choice but to fall back and help in defence. He tried his best. sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

Try to understand the salient point. The point is that it's Van Goat's consistent playing of Mata on the wings that has led to Mourinho still playing him there. What's wrong in that statement?

Mata played more on the wings in all his careers at Valencia Fc and Chelsea.. He's not even a 10 and I bet he would have been invisible if he had played as a 10 today..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
This Westham is a useless team. If na to win Man Utd, them go play well. Fools
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:
This Westham is a useless team. If na to win Man Utd, them go play well. Fools

Lol.. wetin happen? I stopped watching after Payet destroyed one defender career,for their second goal!

Them don dey chop am?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

Mata played more on the wings in all his careers at Valencia Fc and Chelsea.. He's not even a 10 and I bet he would have been invisible if he had played as a 10 today..

I prefer Mata in the hole though. He has the skills and vision to carve defence open. He lacks the pace and trickery to be a winger. Martial at his best is what a winger is all about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lana1:
Tho i agree Pogba hugs the ball too much but Fellaini and Pogba were the only ones who hardly gave the ball away. Pogba had no choice but to fall back and help in defence. He tried his best.

When the world's most expensive player fails to turn up in big matches like this, it isnt out of place for fans to express some form of disappointment.

In the second half when Herrera entered and Pogba was given license to move forward to a more advanced role (where he is said to be at his best), what positives did the frenchman contribute exactly ?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
elrony:

Lol.. wetin happen? I stopped watching after Payet destroyed one defender career,for their second goal!

Them don dey chop am?

After that goal, Watford have scored 4 straight goals. It's looking like a training match. Useless team that denied me a champions league spot last season. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Obere4u: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
Kolade354:
Chelsea vs man utd is another War
The likes of hazard Matic Costa get beef with mourinho.
By the time we are through with Mourinho,na vitoria de setubal he go run to grin

Add Luiz to that...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
LMAO. ..West Ham chopping Anal already!!!

2-4! !!

gringrin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.