Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,734 members, 7,865,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8880934 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) (3271) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
eph12:

Something is definitely wrong with Miki. He is better than this. Unless if he is nursing an injury but I don't think mourinho will start an injured player.
I'm not doubting Mhki's abilities. But bcoz he had a good game at Hull didn't mean he had to start the derby. Plus he was even played out of position sef.

I wouldn't put Smalling on the bench. If I have to push Val forward to accommodate Small I would. Ibra needs those Val crosses
Anything wey he wan do, mke he do. Blind is a technical player quite alright. But just get him out of defence. Playing him there will always leave us exposed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

After that goal, Watford have scored 4 straight goals. It's looking like a training match. Useless team that denied me a champions league spot last season. angry

Lol... I just checked it mehn.... odi egwu o!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

I prefer Mata in the hole though. He has the skills and vision to carve defence open. He lacks the pace and trickery to be a winger. Martial at his best is what a winger is all about.

Mata is a wing forward/SS. He operates best when he's given plenty of space to operate.

He wouldn't have contributed much because there were little space to operate today and he's a little fragile chap who isn't strong enough to win his duels unlike Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
dmcdad:

City impressed me. They exceeded my expectation. The defence I was afraid of did great in containing United, and especially Ibrahimovic.

Dead wing play in the first half starved zlatan!

You still do the bet?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
SailorXY:
he was present over two legs last season & could barely hit a shot on goal.
They didn't have such counter attacking opportunities.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
elrony:

Dead wing play in the first half starved zlatan!
You still do the bet?
No! I no do the bet.cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
rozayx5:

the goal they conceded was cause of keeper shakiness sef
3-0 wud have told the true state of things, this score made Man U look good lol
someone that sold ronaldinho and built a solid team for himself, knows what he wants
his only bane now?
SPAINS top Three cheesy cheesy cheesy
& the two PKs overlooked?

Of course it doesn't matter. The other way round & PDP placards will be flying all over airspace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
Elampiro. . . Behold my angst with Rooney. See for yourself.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by T5OM: 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
elrony:
Why are some people mischievous in some kinda way? They already tryna turn Mourinho's post match interview into something else!!!

The hate is just too pathetic!!!!

THE CLUELESS ONE.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4220358_20160910155111_jpeg2895193fa7ff645df98da675df9db959
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
eph12:

Mou couldn't have known Miki would flop

Some people here have been crying for lingard to start. Don't let them see this. Though I think he started on the wrong side.
Lingard is useless abeg. One or two moments of brilliance every 10 games and he's just another hardworking average winger.

Someone who hasn't played in about four weeks, and he jumps straight into the starting 11 in one of our biggest games of the season. Mourinho fuk up. Apart from losing possession every goddamn time he was on d ball, i never once noticed his presence on d pitch.

The boy shouldn't be starting. He's just not good enough. He should be coming on in the 70th min to pressure the oppositions tired legs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

Cc Diademk07
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
SailorXY:

Of course it doesn't matter. The other way round & PDP placards will be flying all over airspace.

If it's United now, you'll see the Haters calling us PDP. But now, they've kept mute. Hypocrites.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

Mata is a wing forward/SS. He operates best when he's given plenty of space to operate.

He wouldn't have contribute much because there were little space to operate today and he's a little fragile chap who isn't strong enough to win his duels unlike Rooney.

But Rooney with all his strength was no better. Anyway, Mourinho should use this match to learn one or two things coz the season is still fresh. It's not yet over.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

R
Mhiki was injured already, then playing on the wings was more burden too. This was why I blamed Mourinho for our failure.

Elampiro, I didn't say mhiki's wing, I said he plays better behind the striker. Didn't you watch our last match? He operated best from Rooney's position. What's there to argue about? As for your last paragraph, watching United match will show you that Mata constantly moves to midfield in all our matches, leaving Valencia to man the wings alone. Mata is not good in the wings. Van Goat caused all these nonsense. Then Rashford's case is not even worth debating if you think he's good in the wings.

Forget about his last match. He came on when out opposition packed the bus and we went all out. He was shocking today, irrespective of the position. He played like he has never played even elementary football.

From what I saw, except there is a miracle, Mkhitaryan would never bench Rooney in the current team. We probably have another Kagawa who would play well occasionally against some small teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

But Rooney with all his strength was no better. Anyway, Mourinho should use this match to learn one or two things coz the season is still fresh. It's not yet over.

Rooney showed up though even though he wasn't at his best. Mata would have been invisible in a similar situation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
arsenal don buy ref.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
AdisaOwala:

When the world's most expensive player fails to turn up in big matches like this, it isnt out of place for fans to express some form of disappointment.

In the second half when Herrera entered and Pogba was given license to move forward to a more advanced role (where he is said to be at his best), what positives did the frenchman contribute exactly ?
In the second half when he pushed up, and City were on d back foot, how often was he getting the ball. I can still recollect how many times Pogba was in the middle waiting for the pass while Rooney & Fellaini were busy losing the ball, Fellaini was busy elbowing City players and Valencia was busy smashing his crosses into Kolarov and Otamendi.
Even in set pieces and especially corners, Rooney couldn't even get the ball past the first defender. And as such, our big men weren't getting the desired service.
Pogba eventually had no choice than to drop deep again so he could see more of the ball.

U cant blame Pogba. Every one around him was simply off their game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

Forget about his last match. He came on when out opposition packed the bus and we went all out. He was shocking today, irrespective of the position. He played like he has never played even elementary football.

From what I saw, except there is a miracle, Mkhitaryan would never bench Rooney in the current team. We probably have another Kagawa who would play well occasionally against some small teams.

Mhiki will never bench Rooney, no player can, not coz Rooney is good but coz of some hidden reasons I'm yet to understand. Mourinho is a pussy_. He lacks the balls to bench Rooney. Simple.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2016
T5OM:

THE CLUELESS ONE.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4220358_20160910155111_jpeg2895193fa7ff645df98da675df9db959

Facebook pundit Save yourself the cluelessness and read the full post match interview!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
Bar Lingard n Mihki, Our problem is still the midfield; Rooney, Fellaini and Pogba. They're slow both in feet and thought.

Rooney na pass to the right flank and it takes more than 40mins for both his whole body and brain to boot up. Pogba showing how to romance the ball while Fellaini is just the afro man also making use of his elbow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
dmcdad:

No! I no do the bet.cheesy

Lol...Skimpledawg don save him money!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
Oasis007:
We did play a good Game, though in the 2nd Half, but we are just unlucky to at least get a Point.

Meanwhile, I hope Diademk07 will appreciate Herrera for the first time! He did a decent job, he played with passion and I am really happy for him!

Ride on with the Party, but to be frank, majority of United Fans ain't pained
!
Help me them o cheesy
Yes I agree with your assessment of Herrera. I thought he was great too. He was one of the reasons we weren't hurt on the counter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

You mean the same Kagawa that was our best player vs Bayern?

Kagawa never played as poor as Mkhi though.. Also, he was hardly given a chance to begin with. He started just 14 games under Moyes, most of the appearances came towards the end of the season when Moyes tumbled upon him and realised what's he's been missing and that he was too good to sit out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

Rooney showed up though even though he wasn't at his best. Mata would have been invisible in a similar situation.

We would never know till he gets the chance Rooney has gotten in that position. Rooney is always invincible all the time, so let's try another option.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

Everyone was rated poorly by Goal.com

But Mkhitaryan and Lingard were the worst. In fact Mkhitaryan and Lingard are being crucified right now on facebook and some other online fora

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
elrony:

Lol...Skimpledawg don save him money!!!
Baba mi, how do u feel now?, be sincere grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

We would never know till he gets the chance Rooney has gotten in that position. Rooney is always invincible all the time, so let's try another option.

He had it in Van gaal first season and was horrible in that role.

There's a reason Van gaal never trusted him in that role again..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

My blame on Mourinho is for playing both players out of position. Lingard plays well from the RW, but he's moved to start from the LW. Mhiki played best behind the striker against Hull, so why move him to the wings on his full debut?

As for Rooney, he's just average. I highlighted his passion but that's just it. Against Hull he's crap, then assisted Rashford's goal and all his sins were forgiven. Anyway, Mourinho will find out soon enough when he continues playing Rooney. Na em go lose finally.

So... you're saying they misplaced their passes and lost possession simply because Mourinho played them on the wrong portion of the field? That doesn't hold any water. Moreover, this isn't the first time both players would play in those positions. Lingard has played on the right before and Mikhi played the last match on the right as well. He also played on the right wing in Germany.

Their poor performances should be blamed on them, not Mou. I'm disappointed in them, doesn't they're bad players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
SIRcumalot:
arsenal don buy ref.

APC FC of London! !! grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

Kante-Fellani or Kante-Schneiderlin would fit well behind Pogba.
I think we should have gotten over Kante by now. Even if the mou was to go to the market he wouldn't be thinking of Kante again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
Skimpledawg:

Baba mi, how do u feel now?, be sincere grin

Truthfully disappointed we didn't earn a point sha!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
SailorXY:

U dey mind dat one?? People who watch matches with one eye closed and see only what they wanna see.

The two PKs, Bravo's lunge on Rooney with his studs plus the freekicks we should ve had on the edge of the City box. That Clattenburg na very incompetent ref

(1) (2) (3) ... (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) (3271) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.