Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,725 members, 7,837,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8798597 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) ... (14184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bimffo(m): 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
Raumdeuter, please play me Ferrari by Terry G.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
Bimffo:
Raumdeuter, please play me Ferrari by Terry G.

grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU_8BykAN6E
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
this payet na bastard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stuff46(m): 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
Whistling
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
dmcdad:
I imagine if he were present in all those counter attacks they had, it would probably have been a different kettle of fish.
he was present over two legs last season & could barely hit a shot on goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mourihno:

Honestly, I have two or three players in the first half who, if the game is now and I know what is going to happen, I don't play them, but this is football and sometimes players disappoint managers and sometimes players give us great surprises.”

Dejavu??

undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

Your criticism of Rooney showed that you didn't watch the match.

You said what was Rooney doing on the wing when Lingard ought to have started. Mr Man, Lingard started and Rooney didnt start from the wing.

Secondly, you said Rooney is blocking Rashford, Mkhitaryan and Mata. But Rooney far performed Mkhitaryan today. Even Opabunmi would have done far better than Mkhitaryan today.

E be like say you don already program your brain to always criticize Rooney.

You're wrong. You didn't understand me. I meant Lingard starting at the right wing where Rooney played in the second-half would have been better. He started at martial's position.

Rooney performed better than mhiki doesn't negate the fact that Rooney is playing on Mhiki's position. Mhiki can't play on the wings. He's useless there. Even Mata is on the wings coz of Rooney, so what did I type wrong there?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
Nice game. But really disappointed we had to lose.
1. Mhki shouldn't ve started. He was losing possession too much.

2. Lingard dat hasn't played in weeks, and he suddenly jumped into the starting 11 in a derby match?? Mourinho Bleep up. Lingard lost the ball more times dan i could count. That boy is just an average joe who should be far away from the starting 11. Impact sub?? Maybe.

3. That City defence was shît. And so was Bravo. We just didn't put enough pressure on them. And we couldn't even hold the ball to save our own lives. And as such, we allowed City to play their game.

4. The way we started the 2nd half was the way we should ve started the first. The teams wers equal. And City were very beatable. Hope Mourinho learns from this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Dejavu??

undecided undecided

That habit aint good.. Mourinho should try his best to avoid criticising his player in the media..

We the fans can lambast them all day but a coach shouldn't.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
SIRcumalot:
this payet na bastard.
That guy is too brilliant. Fantastic player.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
dmcdad:

Whatever the case is... Its not their fault Mourinho played the aforementioned duo. Although in his post match presser, he did highlight the fact that some of the players he put his trust on failed him, I guess alluding to the poor performances from those 2.

Anyway, it was a worthy derby. I really give City the praise cause they played outstandingly well albeit without their starman upfront. I imagine if he were present in all those counter attacks they had, it would probably have been a different kettle of fish.
I agree. If city were that good they could have finished United on the counter. It was obvious in the second half that they had a lucky break.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Maccoy1(m): 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
*dancing to MC galaxy sekem* One hand on your chest *sekem to the right* *sekem to the left* Y is this place silent Manure fans how what happen Na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

No ovbredo to accuse, No Frisk, No Platini, No Blatter no Messi no Xavi No Aguero

Somethings just never change

Minus the Bravo clanger could have been a flawless victory
At some point o ye ki eyan ma gba fun Oga e. Pep ju Mourinho lo ijakaadi ko

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lana1:
Nice game. But really disappointed we had to lose.
1. Mhki shouldn't ve started. He was losing possession too much.

2. Lingard dat hasn't played in weeks, and he suddenly jumped into the starting 11 in a derby match?? Mourinho Bleep up. Lingard lost the ball more times dan i could count. That boy is just an average joe who should be far away from the starting 11. Impact sub?? Maybe.

3. That City defence was shît. And so was Bravo. We just didn't put enough pressure on them. And we couldn't even hold the ball to save our own lives. And as such, we allowed City to play their game.

4. The way we started the 2nd half was the way we should ve started the first. The teams wers equal. And City were very beatable. Hope Mourinho learns from this
Mou couldn't have known Miki would flop

Some people here have been crying for lingard to start. Don't let them see this. Though I think he started on the wrong side.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
capricornian:

Sailor, Rooney was one of our best players today.... Just as Mou said, players can let a COACH down anytime. He probably played well during training....he played well during last match...no one would have predicted he would have played so poorly
the point is not Rooney's performance today, the point is Rooney doesn't figure if a team is to be selected on merit. This didn't start today, it started from SAF last season in charge.
He can have the odd good display but reality is he makes our moves predictable & quite simple to defend against.

The hard fact is that we are not in a strong position to field on sentiments, we are on a journey to return to the pinnacle & the most potent strategies should be employed while other peripheries like "goal record" should be very very secondary.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

You're wrong. You didn't understand me. I meant Lingard starting at the right wing where Rooney played in the second-half would have been better. He started at martial's position.

Rooney performed better than mhiki doesn't negate the fact that Rooney is playing on Mhiki's position. Mhiki can't play on the wings. He's useless there. Even Mata is on the wings coz of Rooney, so what did I type wrong there?

With what Mkhitaryan played today, even he played in the middle against kindergarten defenders he would have flopped. Moreover I was told by a Bundesliga follower that Mkhitaryan is better on the wing.

I didnt also understand what you mean by Mkhitaryan's wing, did you allocate wings to them in training?

Secondly, this was what you people kept saying about Mata, until he was given chance in the middle, he couldn't own it. Then you said same thing about Herrera, he also couldn't own the number 10 in the absence of Rooney in the second half of last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by T5OM: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

That habit aint good.. Mourinho should try his best to afford criticising his player in the media..

We the fans can lambast them all day but the coach shouldn't.
Yeah I agree but he said it was his fault. He didn't mention any player's name did he? I only hope Miki and lingard are both allowed to start the next match so they can correct their mistakes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
Nihilist:

Kelechi aka KC Smalls and KDB aka KDiddy. cheesy
[size=30] Hit 'em up Scummies [/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:
I wanted to watch the match till the end before giving my appraisal.

You got everything right apart from the part where you blamed Mourinho for Lingard and Mkhi's poor display. Both of 'em weren't expected to flop but that's just football. Would you say Mou made a mistake by not seeing the future? Blaming him for their poor performance today is taking things too far.

We all pray for Rooney to lose less of the ball but he was okay today, his performance didn't warrant any criticism.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
elampiro:

With what Mkhitaryan played today, even he played in the middle against kindergarten defenders he would have flopped. Moreover I was told by a Bundesliga follower that Mkhitaryan is better on the wing.

I didnt also understand what you mean by Mkhitaryan's wing, did you allocate wings to them in training?

Secondly, this was what you people kept saying about Mata, until he was given chance in the middle, he couldn't own it. Then you said same thing about Herrera, he also couldn't own the number 10 in the absence of Rooney in the second half of last season.

R
Mhiki was injured already, then playing on the wings was more burden too. This was why I blamed Mourinho for our failure.

Elampiro, I didn't say mhiki's wing, I said he plays better behind the striker. Didn't you watch our last match? He operated best from Rooney's position. What's there to argue about? As for your last paragraph, watching United match will show you that Mata constantly moves to midfield in all our matches, leaving Valencia to man the wings alone. Mata is not good in the wings. Van Goat caused all these nonsense. Then Rashford's case is not even worth debating if you think he's good in the wings.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
eph12:

Yeah I agree but he said it was his fault. He didn't mention any player's name did he? I only hope Miki and lingard are both allowed to start the next match so they can correct their mistakes.

Everyone knows the players he was talking about..

He could have said the team played poorly but improved in the second half..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
I believe the solution to Pogba case is a 3 man midfield so he can get the free role he is looking for with 2 guys behind him to assist him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
SailorXY:
the point is not Rooney's performance today, the point is Rooney doesn't figure if a team is to be selected on merit. This didn't start today, it started from SAF last season in charge.
He can have the odd good display but reality is he makes our moves predictable & quite simple to defend against.

The hard fact is that we are not in a strong position to field on sentiments, we are on a journey to return to the pinnacle & the most potent strategies should be employed while other peripheries like "goal record" should be very very secondary.

Cc: Elampiro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

R
Mhiki was injured already, then playing on the wings was more burden too. This was why I blamed Mourinho for our failure.

Elampiro, I didn't say mhiki's wing, I said he plays better behind the striker. Didn't you watch our last match? He operated best from Rooney's position. What's there to argue about? As for your last paragraph, watching United match will show you that Mata constantly moves to midfield in all our matches, leaving Valencia to man the wings alone. Mata is not good in the wings. Van Goat caused all these nonsense. Then Rashford's case is not even worth debating if you think he's good in the wings.

This is exactly what irritates me on here.. What did Van gaal cause?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
Moaninghoe has started blaming his players again, selfish and glory hunting príck,.
The fall out is abt to begin.
Scummies you got served

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
eph12:

He didn't have to mention names na - Miki & Lingaard didn't start the second half..

I think the "Certain players weren't at their best" approach would have been better...instead of openly expressing regret over the decision to start them.

Each manager with his own methods sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
Bailly this, Bailly that. His first real test and he was bullied all over the place by Ihenacho. So if na Aguero nko?? But he did play better in d 2nd half.

And all this persistence with Blind as CB will only come back to bite us in the ass eventually.he was asleep all through the first half. Out of position for the 2nd goal. And do i really need to lament about the first??
Abeg nobody send ball playing defender. Stones and Otamendi, how many passes were they stringing forward today??

Pair Smalling and Bailly and lets ve some steel in our defence. All dis Bailly and Blind na nonsense. Their first test of the season, and they both flopped badly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

Everyone knows the players he was talking about..

He could have said the team played poorly but improved in the second half..
True!
Let's see what happens next. Those two guys really need to redeem themselves. Good this is happening early.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
Leyqute:

You got everything right apart from the part where you blamed Mourinho for Lingard and Mkhi's poor display. Both of 'em weren't expected to flop but that's just football. Would you say Mou made a mistake by not seeing the future? Blaming him for their poor performance today is taking things too far.

We all pray for Rooney to lose less of the ball but he was okay today, his performance didn't warrant any criticism.

My blame on Mourinho is for playing both players out of position. Lingard plays well from the RW, but he's moved to start from the LW. Mhiki played best behind the striker against Hull, so why move him to the wings on his full debut?

As for Rooney, he's just average. I highlighted his passion but that's just it. Against Hull he's crap, then assisted Rashford's goal and all his sins were forgiven. Anyway, Mourinho will find out soon enough when he continues playing Rooney. Na em go lose finally.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
sinizia:

There's nothing outstanding about City's squad, but the same can be said about United. Both teams need a lot of improvement.
I thought na only me dey see am o.

Because of their gra gra pressing football, they have concluded they are unstoppable.
Lol

Their defence is porous, and United only lost as a result of being over-coached today.
Once i saw Lingard ahead of Martial, I knew it might not go well.
Martial's poor form is far ahead of Lingard's best.
We were unlucky with Mkhi today.
He has the X-factor that could have won us the game, but he just didn't "play"!

We are wasting Ibra playing Rooney behind him.
I've always said the combination would prove problematic.
Zlatan is even slower than Rooney, so how the hell can they combine?

Pogba is trying too much though!
I need Mourinho to craft a formation that would give Pogba a free role with no inhibitions, else we are looking at a £90m flop.

I still believe in this team to win the league!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
Diademk07:

This is exactly what irritates me on here.. What did Van gaal cause?

Try to understand the salient point. The point is that it's Van Goat's consistent playing of Mata on the wings that has led to Mourinho still playing him there. What's wrong in that statement?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) ... (14184) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m), hensben(m), Silentgroper(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.