Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,250 members, 7,857,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 10:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8852952 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) (3402) (3403) ... (14211) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:30pm On Oct 13, 2016
PulloutGameA1:

"You no know Ball"-Elampìro.

Before Ronaldo and Messi cane to stink up the whole joint, Kaka and Cavannaro won Fifa player of the year in the last decade...A Midfielder and Defender, even Goalkeepers have won them.

And Pogba knows his job is not to bang in goals but to dictate play with assists and the occasional Screamer.
Awards won decade ago? Abeg shift. Kaka that was scoring and creating goals for AC milan that year? You think I have forgotten what he did to us that year? The sentiment now is that strikers and goal creators are more appreciated than other players. That na fact. No matter how a defender good he wouldn't win a personal award in today football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
eph12:

Awards won decade ago? Abeg shift. Kaka that was scoring and creating goals for AC milan that year? You think I have forgotten what he did to us that year? The sentiment now is that strikers and goal creators are more appreciated than other players. That na fact. No matter how a defender good he wouldn't win a personal award in today football.

This rubbish started when Ronaldo and Messi burst to the scene...And more precisely it was when France Football signed a contract with FIFA in 2010===It's all based on money these days.

And speaking of personal accolades, Pogba already got into Team of the year....No big deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
PulloutGameA1:

This rubbish started when Ronaldo and Messi burst to the scene...And more precisely it was when France Football signed a contract with FIFA in 2010===It's all based on money these days.

[b]
And speaking of personal accolades, Pogba already got into Team of the year....No big deal
.[/b]
Not good enough by Pogba's standard.
While I would want Pogba to be the best in the world he shouldn't let that consume him. Anyways I have already made peace with the fact that we will be spending big soon again to get a commanding midfielder that is good with the ball and without the ball. A midfielder useless without the ball is a problem for a team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
eph12:

While I would want Pogba to be the best in the world he shouldn't let that consume him. Anyways I have already made peace with the fact that we will be spending big soon again to get a commanding midfielder that is good with the ball and without the ball. A midfielder useless without the ball is a problem for a team.

Not necessarily bro...

With Pogba having wet dreams about Pirlo, we can as well submit a bid for the Italian - he no suppose too cost at his age. cheesy

The MLS calender would also work in our favour.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
undecided

It's so easy to scroll past the pink words these days for me!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 4:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
Oasis007:

Who will you play as a RWF between Mkhitaryan and Mata assuming you are the Manager?!
Mata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2016
chidexxy007:

Mata.

grin

You know deep down in your heart that is not true!
LOL!
On what basis? Can you explain?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

You think he's truly a SHE! LOL! On Nairaland she's a Female, but outside Nairaland...... hmmmm!!!

It's like a copied Assignment - *in Wizkid Voice* I can't explain!!!
I suspect say na Coogar self. ChristineC, sHe talks like him. shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 5:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
ChristineC:
you have not told us how Howard Webb or FA helped Sir Alex beat EPL counterparts home-away-neutral in European match ups. wink
Wasn't Webb a UEFA ref? Those who knew Fergie acknowledge he could do anything to win. Including introducing 'Fergie time'.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
Spy360:

Wasn't Webb a UEFA ref? Those who knew Fergie acknowledge he could do anything to win. Including introducing 'Fergie time'.

How can a British Ref officiate a CL game involving a premiership side for Fùcks sake?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
Spy360:

Alright.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
Spy360:

can you have this debate without mentioning my name? how is gender always affecting my posts because ayam nat hunderstundy?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
Spy360:

Just negedu..
Your case is worse than first feared. Irredeemable infact.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
Spy360:

grin

Are you being haunted by his E-Ghost?!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
AdisaOwala:

How can a British Ref officiate a CL game involving a premiership side for Fùcks sake?
hahaha the phantom favoritism always claimed to discredit Sir Alex Ferguson's achievement again ends in ridiculous fashion.
Manchester United didn't get the most penalties awarded within the time-frame and also beat EPL rivals in Europe games but somehow it was cheating.

Let me just dab away.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2016
Spy360:

grin

It's time for you to quit smoking Weeds! It's really not good for you, kinda hard on you to cope with!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
I don't know why folks think anybody who's clamoring for Pogba to be pushed further forward for our up coming fixtures (Especially Liverpool and City) is anti-Mata, we lost to city because of Pogba's positional indiscipline and same will likely repeat itself if he features against pool, it's not like Mata isn't appreciated, it's just how football works, there's no way a coach will pick Mata over Pogba in this circumstances (Price tag).
We have only two options against teams like City, Pool and Arsenal, drop pogba for another CM and use Mata as the AM or drop Mata and push Pogba further forward to checkmate his annoying tendency to leave his area of primary assignment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BossKratos: 6:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
AdisaOwala:

So you expect a 'dim witted underachieving gayner' to reason like you?

You go like to dey donate to charity wella!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
BossKratos:

grin grin grin

AdisaOwala wey donate him 10 months Nysc allawee give one cause like that!!!

cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2016
AdisaOwala:

See you? Have you not received rumours of refs deciding to pick out on someone in order to favour another? How do you think they are taming Costa? An influential ref can move his colleagues to act otherwise.

I am done with this lame discussion, before I start to lie to buttress my point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
BossKratos:

See this failed human being.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2016
Manchester United are considering selling Wayne Rooney next summer to get the forward’s £300,000-a-week contract off the wage bill, according to reports. Rooney, 31 this month, has been dropped from the United side in recent weeks and is expected to start on the bench when Jose Mourinho’s side face Liverpool at Anfield on Monday night. Mourinho’s shown the ruthlessness that aluded David Moyes and Louis van Gaal when it came to question marks over Rooney’s form at the Theatre of Dreams and the forward’s decline shows no signs of slowing. Rooney’s £300,000-a-week wages make him the highest paid player at the club and United, according to the Mirror, no longer feel he warrants that status given his performances on the pitch. The problem facing United is that Rooney retains his commercial appeal across the globe and has been a huge factor in massive sponsorship deals signed in the last decade. The former Everton ace maintains publicly that he would like to stay in the north-west but there’s an acceptance on his part that he’s no longer the player he was. Clubs in America and China would be seriously interested in Rooney’s services and could offer the striker a route out of Old Trafford. Rooney is five goals short of overtaking Sir Bobby Charlton’s long-standing goal scoring record at the Theatre of Dreams and he’s won five Premier League titles with the club during his 12-year stint.

metro.co.uk
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 14, 2016
eph12:

I don't want to gloat but "I told them So" Mourinho is here to waste our money and drive us further into debt...What was he thinking buying Pogba...Rubbish....Oàssìs007 just might be a stupid ass with little tactical knowledge but I hope you get glasses, if you can't read "pink" fonts your eyes going bad...Matter of fact it's purple so yeah, you definitely need glasses unless you are too broke to afford one which is a real possibility...Back to the matter...Don't worry Pogba's haircuts make up for his tactical inconvenience...Take a good look at it, that's Dope as hell cool

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2016
Spy360:

See you? Have you not received rumours of refs deciding to pick out on someone in order to favour another? How do you think they are taming Costa? An influential ref can move his colleagues to act otherwise.

I am done with this lame discussion, before I start to lie to buttress my point.

This my friends is how you rate the stupidity level of assnal fans.... don't use any IQ meter. Just guage any discussion or contribution they make with this.

Now it's not only that Howard Webb is influencing matches in the EPL but he can also call up colleagues in other countries to do same in the Champions League.

I have seen trolls come and go on this thread.. I have read stuffs that came from people who awarding them an IQ score in the negatives is being merciful but this... this is the cherry on top, the crowning glory of all your trolling endeavors. Congratulations my friend, you are now the undisputed champion!!!

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 10:34am On Oct 14, 2016
joeace2020:

This my friends is how you rate the stupidity level of assnal fans.... don't use any IQ meter. Just guage any discussion or contribution they make with this.

Now it's not only that Howard Webb is influencing matches in the EPL but he can also call up colleagues in other countries to do same in the Champions League.

I have seen trolls come and go on this thread.. I have read stuffs that came from people who awarding them an IQ score in the negatives is being merciful but this... this is the cherry on top, the crowning glory of all your trolling endeavors. Congratulations my friend, you are now the undisputed champion!!!
[size=20]Thunder fire you. [/size] ;>
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:22am On Oct 14, 2016
Manyoo EPL Penalty Stats

1. Wayne Rooney - 19 Pens between 2004 and 2016
2. Ruud Van Nistelrooy - 18 Pens between 2001 and 2016
3. Mark Riley - 12 Penalties in just 23 games between 1997 and 2004
4 .Howard Webb - 10 Penalties in Just 40 appearnces for united between 2001 and 2014.

Between 1997 and 2004 Riley had refereed 23 United games in all competitions. In that time, their record was: W13 D3 L7. he gave 12 penalties for United in that time, but only three against them. And he sent off five of United's opponents

In the 40 Manchester United matches Webb has taken charge of in all competitions, he has awarded them ten spot kicks (or one in every four games) and two to the Red Devils’ opponents (one per twenty matches played, as I’m sure you could figure out).

This means that 16.7% of the penalties that Webb has awarded in his career have gone to United, though they have only appeared in 10.4% of his matches, whilst their opponents account for just 3.33% of his penalties from the same proportion of games.

Know your legends...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:26am On Oct 14, 2016
This was never a close match, but this was a decision so shocking even Sir Alex Ferguson agreed it was never a penalty.

United were already 1-0 up when Mauricio Taricco pulled back Paul Scholes.
Despite the infringement clearly happening outside the box, [size=18pt]Mike Riley[/size] gave a penalty and sent off the Argentina full back. Ruud Van Nistelrooy pumped in the spot kick for his 30th goal of the season.

Spurs manager Glenn Hoddle protested afterwards: 'It was diabolical and the key decision of the game. It was one and a half yards outside the box and he wasn't the last man.'
Fergie agreed, saying: 'The penalty decision was wrong.' But he added: 'I don't think it was a turning point. We were already one up and when we're in front we're hard to catch. He had to go. He was the last man.'

#Legends
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:27am On Oct 14, 2016
It was the match that finally ended Arsenal’s 49-game unbeaten league run, but yet again it was a contentious penalty that sealed it.

Ruud van Nistelrooy, having been goaded by Arsenal players after missing a last minute penalty in this fixture last season, scored a dubious 73rd-minute spot kick to put United on their way to victory.
Rooney twisted his way into the penalty area on the right and fell to the ground in the vicinity of Sol Campbell. Arsenal disputed there had been any contact and arguably Rooney was already falling by that point.
Nonetheless,[size=18pt] it was the 8th penalty awarded to United by Mike Riley at Old Trafford in as many appearances there.[/size] The infamous pizza throwing incident happened soon after the final whistle.

#Legend

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2016
Haters gonna wail anyways!!! grin grin grin

19 penalties over 12 years?
18 penalties over 15 years (lol when last did RVN play for Man United?)

Granted,some referee PK decisions might be debatable, buh haters shouldn't be lamenting like none of the penalties awarded to United was deserving at all!

They be shouting penalty upandan like it was for every matchday at old trafford!!

Wail on amigos!!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:42am On Oct 14, 2016
Not this again.
We've to beat Liverpool without any controversy or we'll never heard the end of it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:46am On Oct 14, 2016
Chai... Hate Issa bad ailment
It eats deep inside ya system.. Makes you behave like an orthodox zombie
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:51am On Oct 14, 2016
There is already talk of the ref for the Liverpool game
About being born in Manchester,what does that have to do with anything?
Is Utd the only club in Manchester?.smh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) (3402) (3403) ... (14211) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7, Wealth1105, Leyqute(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.