Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,266 members, 7,849,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:01 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8835066 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
AdisaOwala:

In your opinion, what is the Solution?
i don't know why pogba's position is still been talked about, the furthest in a 3man midfield [LCM] similar to that of lampard and iniesta is his best, he even confirmed it himself.

though i see no reason why playing in a 2man midfield should be a problem for him, been bought for 89mil he should be able to slot in in any midfield position with ease and that is if we don't see him as our luxury player.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2016
Danhumprey:
That fact was never up for debate. Hell, even an unborn foetus knows that.
Thought you all were just overreacting.

I saw the truth and the light in the very early hours of today. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
weedtaker:
i don't know why pogba's position is still been talked about, the furthest in a 3man midfield similar to that of lampard and iniesta is his best, he even confirmed it himself.

If Pogba's best Position is AMF, it means Mata would have to "get out of the hole" if the Frenchman is to play at the Top of a Triumvirate Midfield, innit?

I only asked him for a feasible formation (or tactical approach) that could accommodate Mata and Pogba in AMF (or in the hole)

weedtaker:

though i see no reason why playing in a 2man midfield should be a problem for him, been bought for 89mil he should be able to slot in in any midfield position with ease and that is if we don't see him as our luxury player.

That boy wey I been dey see ehn, Fame & Stardom don dey enter hin head & I doubt if he would be ready to be tactically obedient & play to instructions - he seems to be obsessed with scoring goals, providing assists & Showboating as a means to Justify his Hefty price tag.

It was his agent who 1st spoke to the press about his best position now the lad has also come out to state his opinion.

He is quite capable of doing a Decent job for us as a Central midfielder - he is combative & his passing is decent but ofcourse, his insatiable thirst for the limelight & personal glory no wan gree am.

It's rather unfortunate that we are already thinking about getting a new Midfielder (due to tactical reasons) roughly 2 months after spending 90m to solve our midfield issues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
chidexxy007:

How is that his statement eyeing Mata's position brah. My guy they only complain say they are giving him too much defensive responsibilities which is true to some extent. Juve didnt placed too much defensive duties on him, thats why he was successful there.
So who are those going to do the defensive work in the midfield? Just Hererra? Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
chidexxy007:

How is that his statement eyeing Mata's position brah. My guy they only complain say they are giving him too much defensive responsibilities which is true to some extent. Juve didnt placed too much defensive duties on him, thats why he was successful there.
So who are those going to do the defensive work in the midfield? Just Hererra? Or maybe Mata that is playing further up will help Hererra out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
AdisaOwala:

If Pogba's best Position is AMF, it means Mata would have to "get out of the hole" if the Frenchman is to play at the Top of a Triumvirate Midfield, innit?
sure mata would be the one sacrificed

I only asked him for a feasible formation (or tactical approach) that could accommodate Mata and Pogba in AMF (or in the hole)
okay,

That boy wey I been dey see ehn, Fame & Stardom don dey enter hin head & I doubt if he would be ready to be tactically obedient & play to instructions - he seems to be obsessed with scoring goals, providing assists & Showboating as a means to Justify his Hefty price tag.

It was his agent who 1st spoke to the press about his best position now the lad has also come out to state his opinion.

He is quite capable of doing a Decent job for us as a Central midfielder - he is combative & his passing is decent but ofcourse, his insatiable thirst for the limelight & personal glory no wan gree am.

It's rather unfortunate that we are already thinking about getting a new Midfielder (due to tactical reasons) roughly 2 months after spending 90m to solve our midfield issues.

i think dis shouldn't come as surprise to us, dis is a guy who's objectives are helping the team win trophies and then winning the balon d or for himself, which me and you know is almost an impossible feat to achieve with his current playing position for us.
me thinks we should drop mata and revert to a 3man midfield which suits him, after all he looks more threatening than mata ( not also forgetting the amount we got him for), iniesta has been the best in the furthest of a 3man midfield for years and am not sure he has posted 20 goals nd assist (combined) in league season as pogba did last season for juv.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
eph12:

So who are those going to do the defensive work in the midfield? Just Hererra? Lol
every player is expected to defend in a game from front to back. I remember Loius van Gaal once played M. Fellaini and A. Herrera in offensive midfield together with Michael Carrick behind them. The play was quite good.
The same can be replicated with different players by Jose Mourinho, he can always pick players of divergent qualities for the job. For example Paul Pogba and Juan Mata in offensive midfield with Ander Herrera or Micheal Carrick or Morgan Schneiderlin behind.
The challenge is just finding the right blend and of course no midfielder is expected to be static, the modern tactic is press and attack together even if done at varying frequencies. With this system however, one of the offensive midfielders will need to defend and attack in equal measure. That will be Paul Pogba or Ander Herrera if he's played as one of the offensive mids.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
ChristineC:
every player is expected to defend in a game from front to back. I remember Loius van Gaal once played M. Fellaini and A. Herrera in offensive midfield together with Michael Carrick behind them. The play was quite good.
The same can be replicated with different players by Jose Mourinho, he can always pick players of divergent qualities for the job. For example Paul Pogba and Juan Mata in offensive midfield with Ander Herrera or Micheal Carrick or Morgan Schneiderlin behind.
The challenge is just finding the right blend and of course no midfielder is expected to be static, the modern tactic is press and attack together even if done at varying frequencies. With this system however, one of the offensive midfielders will need to defend and attack in equal measure. That will be Paul Pogba or Ander Herrera if he's played as one of the offensive mids.
So what's Pogba's complaint?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
ChristineC:

I think what you just described about pogba is what he is expected to do now in the CMF that Mourinho is playing him. He has both offensive and defensive duties. And we are now hearing he prefers playing amf, the guy just does not want to be saddled with very minimal defensive duties. In juvenile he had Pirlo who sat at the base and vidal who was a workhorse so he could afford to be relieved of defensive duties.

elampiro:

What has Rooney done in proper competition? Do you know Cantona could not qualify his country?

Are we talking about cantona.how old was cantona when he retired?

And please when we are talking about Rooney stinking up the whole place we are not disregarding his exploits when he was Rooney. We are mainly talking about his recent useless miscueing assisting form that won't take him anywhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
With regards to the Pogba position, I'd suggest Mou drops Mata for the games we have coming up to increase the numbers and our strength in midfield. I'd go for a midfield trio of Carrick/Schneiderlin at the base - Herrera as the RCM/10 and Pogba as the LCM/8 with our wings manned by Martial and Rashford/Miki...
It's the best alternative we have now instead of another case of Player and Manager clash
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
patrickmuf:
With regards to the Pogba position, I'd suggest Mou drops Mata for the games we have coming up to increase the numbers and our strength in midfield. I'd go for a midfield trio of Carrick/Schneiderlin at the base - Herrera as the RCM/10 and Pogba as the LCM/8 with our wings manned by Martial and Rashford/Miki...
It's the best alternative we have now instead of another case of Player and Manager clash
I agree with this. If not we will be seriously over run in the midfield by those lfc guys that like to run and press.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
But in all honesty, does the in-form Mata deserve to be dropped for a player who is indirectly telling us that he isn't too keen on doing the job he was bought to do in the 1st place ?

Time will tell sha.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
Fvcking senseless individuals, Drop a player in form?

Drop a player with the highest Goals and Assists among Midfielders

Just to accommodate a lazy ass?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2016
eph12:

I agree with this. If not we will be seriously over run in the midfield by those lfc guys that like to run and press.
There's no way we will cope with Liverpool parading a two man midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
patrickmuf:
There's no way we will cope with Liverpool parading a two man midfield.
Mata has to give way then. I would have liked him at the right side of our front three but I think Lingard is a better presser
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
AdisaOwala:
But in all honesty, does the in-form Mata deserve to be dropped for a player who is indirectly telling us that he isn't too keen on doing the job he was bought to do in the 1st place ?

Time will tell sha.
I don't want to offend the Pogba fans here though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Time will tell sha.
For me, it's a necessity considering we're up against the most attack minded team in the league and we're going away from home. A midfield two consisting of any player with Pogba will be easily by passed considering the fact that Pogba isn't positionally disciplined, so the safest option will be to drop Mata or move him to the RW and push Pogba further forward and pair Herrera with Schneiderlin or Carrick. We'll need to have numbers in the middle to have any chance of getting away with at least a point from Anfield
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
eph12:

I don't want to offend the Pogba fans here though.

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:57pm On Oct 12, 2016
eph12:

Mata has to give way then. I would have liked him at the right side of our front three but I think Lingard is a better presser
I'd prefer Rashford or Mata ahead of Lingard on the right, Lingard will loss possession every time Liverpool press.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
ChristineC:
If my woman talk football like this I would be happy.

If you are really a female,
send me your e-mail. wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
patrickmuf:
For me, it's a necessity considering we're up against the most attack minded team in the league and we're going away from home. A midfield two consisting of any player with Pogba will be easily by passed considering the fact that Pogba isn't positionally disciplined, so the safest option will be to drop Mata or move him to the RW and push Pogba further forward and pair Herrera with Schneiderlin or Carrick. We'll need to have numbers in the middle to have any chance of getting away with at least a point from Anfield

You have made some very Valid points....

However, I would like to point out the following :

Yeah, It's a good idea to play with 3 men in MF against the big teams (away from home). City did it on numerous occasions by Shunting Silva out wide to accommodate the in-form Yaya Toure at the tip of a midfield triumvirate but heck - the Ivorian had made a case for himself with his excellent goals/assists stats from a CMF pivot with Nandinho. Pray tell - what are Pogba's corresponding figures from the same position to warrant that he be picked ahead of a Juan Mata who has excelled in that same role recently?

I haven't exactly been a fan of Mata since he joined us - i have not liked the fact that the Spaniard tends to be anonymous in matches (despite his impressive stats for us) but let's be honest - the little Fella has dazzled with recent performances reminiscent of his days as Chelsea's Star Player and I believe he deserves an extended run of games in his Favorite Position.

This idea of introducing Match-Rusty Players like Schnederlain & 34 year old Carrick into the Starting 11 for a match that would most likely be of high intensity doesnt really appeal to me - if Pogba was the tactically disciplined type, I doubt if there would have been calls to drop Mata in the 1st place & it even seems that the frenchman is demanding for the AMF role on a permanent basis anyways.

It's up to Mourihno to come up with a tactical set up that would bring the best out of his players - he is getting paid to do so afterall.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
AdisaOwala:

You have made some very Valid points....

However, I would like to point out the following :

Yeah, It's a good idea to play with 3 men in MF against the big teams (away from home). City did it on numerous occasions by Shunting Silva out wide to accommodate the in-form Yaya Toure at the tip of a midfield triumvirate but heck - the Ivorian had made a case for himself with his excellent goals/assists stats from a CMF pivot with Nandinho. Pray tell - what are Pogba's corresponding figures from the same position to warrant that he be picked ahead of a Juan Mata who has excelled in that same role recently?

I haven't exactly been a fan of Mata - i have not liked the fact that the Spaniard tends to be anonymous in matches (despite his impressive stats for us) but let's be honest - the little Fella has dazzled with recent performances reminiscent of his days as Chelsea's Star Player and I believe he deserves an extended run of games in his Favorite Position.

This idea of introducing Match-Rusty Players like Schnederlain & 34 year old Carrick into the Starting 11 for a match that would most likely be of high intensity doesnt really appeal to me - if Pogba was the tactically disciplined type, I doubt if there would have been calls to drop Mata in the 1st place & it even seems that the frenchman is demanding for the AMF role on a permanent basis anyways.

It's up to Mourihno to come up with a tactical set up that would bring the best out of his players - he is getting paid to do so afterall.
Exactly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2016
Spy360:
If my woman talk football like this I would be happy.
If you are really a female, send me your e-mail. wink
weyrey.. She is married!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
We shouldn't be thinking of just how to contain Loserfools, rather it should be how to destroy them!!!

Pogba should sit his black ass at any position he is assigned in Midfield,the onus lies on the manager to dish out his suitable tactical instructions to his player tho.

That shouldn't be much a hassle, Deschamps did it at the just concluded Euro. It might seem to limit his performance,buh it does bring some kinda balance to the midfield.

Unless Mata is serving bullsh1t, nobody should near that hole position!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 10:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
AdisaOwala:

In your opinion, what is the Solution?
Playing him in a 3man midfield alongside Carrick nd Herrera/Schneiderlin. This would give him the freedom he craves for as the other midfielders would cover.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
eph12:

So who are those going to do the defensive work in the midfield? Just Hererra? Or maybe Mata that is playing further up will help Hererra out.
There are players nd system d coach can adopt to suit his game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
chidexxy007:

Playing him in a 3man midfield alongside Carrick nd Herrera/Schneiderlin. This would give him the freedom he craves for as the other midfielders would cover.

What happens to Mata's position in the hole?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2016
weedtaker:
i don't know why pogba's position is still been talked about, the furthest in a 3man midfield [LCM] similar to that of lampard and iniesta is his best, he even confirmed it himself.

Baba, no be say im no fit play there, the position is limiting his abilities. Nw can u compare Lampard in a 4-4-2 formation where he's part of the 2CM for England with the Chelsea lampard? Imagine Iniesta in a 2man pivot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donjazet(m): 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
elrony:
We shouldn't be thinking of just how to contain Loserfools, rather it should be how to destroy them!!!

Pogba should sit his black ass at any position he is assigned in Midfield,the onus lies on the manager to dish out his suitable tactical instructions to his player tho.

That shouldn't be much a hassle, Deschamps did it at the just concluded Euro. It might seem to limit his performance,buh it does bring some kinda balance to the midfield.

Unless Mata is serving bullsh1t, nobody should near that hole position!!

That is you guys best bet. If you guys defend, I bet you, they go use their fast paced counter finish una!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 10:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
AdisaOwala:

What happens to Mata's position in the hole?
Moved to d right wing. Simple Martial-Ibra nd Mata as d front 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 10:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
donjazet:

That is you guys best bet. If you guys defend, I bet you, they go use their fast paced counter finish una!
Abeg go sleep. How can a team defend yet d opposition will use counter to finish dem.
wetin u drink ds nyt abi spy nd dat cocaine boy don deposit some portions give u as their london brother?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
chidexxy007:

Abeg go sleep. How can a team defend yet d opposition will use counter to finish dem.
wetin u drink ds nyt abi spy nd dat cocaine boy don deposit some portions give u as their london brother?
Lol!
Walahi it took me like 1 min to try and undastand the opaks he was trying to pass across.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.