Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,724 members, 7,837,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8798588 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4142) (4143) (4144) (4145) (4146) (4147) (4148) ... (14184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:12pm On May 31, 2017
CapitalCee:

What are you talking about? Mr man your argument is rubbish, when Jose came to United we did not qualify for champions league, which is not his fault, infact Van gaal was sacked for this reason, Jose was given a target, which is :qualify for next year UCL, and that he did. The route he took to qualify is irrelevant, except if you are an ''Einstein'' to add flavour to it, he won 3 trophies plus an opportunity to compete with either Juventus or Madrid in the super cup. So what do you really want? 2nd like Spurs and total disgrace in Europe, Gent an eighth place team in Belgium eliminated them, crashed out of UCL group stage in an easy group, or like guardiola that spent more than everyone while being knocked out by youthful Monaco, he took a of champions league semifinalist and league cup winners and went trophiless. How about Liverpool that lost the same "useless" Europa(according to you) last season, and crashed out of all the cups to give them more time to concentrate on the league and are not in any European competition like Chelsea. But only finished fourth. And requires a qualification to progress to where we are now.
We don't need your types as United fans, your types possess this negative energy that brings teams down.
Talking about that bitter slowpoke Roy Keane, Ferguson chased him away from United, when he started criticizing his teammates publicly, after a lose to Middlesbrough in 2005. That team he slated won the league cup that season and celebrated it to the fullest. The following season SAF added on Carrick and won the league, the following season tevez and Hargreaves came we won the league, champions league and world club cup. In that team that Keane criticized, has a young, Rooney,Ronaldo,Fletcher,J.S park, Vidic saha and Brown. Which are the foundation for a hatrick of league titles and 3champions league finals in 4years. Since then Roy Keane has been bitter about everything United, Real United fans don't pay attention to him. He is a bitter failed manager.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:13pm On May 31, 2017
eph12:

Mind you he wasn't talking about the management of the club but what we have come to accept as our place or norm so you can go ahead attacking him about what united was used to some few years ago
Thank u. Seems everybody misinterpreted what he said.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:23pm On May 31, 2017
Lana1:
nobody misinterpreted anything, the stench of bitterness is all over him like a deodorant.

Did he even get the honor of a testimonial match?

He's a club legend, like Peter Schmeichel; but it ends there. No FAN take their comments with any pinch of salt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 3:27pm On May 31, 2017
It seems you all have forgotten who "Keano" is? He has always had a vicious tongue! Fergie knew it, his team mates knew it, older fans know it and even his country knows it!

He will never change and he has even earned the right to lambast the clubs declining status based on what he has done for united in the past...he is a Legend...that probably still misses being at united! Some times the truth can be salty!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 3:40pm On May 31, 2017
ChristineC:
nobody misinterpreted anything, the stench of bitterness is all over him like a deodorant.

He's a club legend, like Peter Schmeichel; but it ends there. No FAN take their comments with any pinch of salt.

Roy Keane is a bitter man, he failed as a manager. He doesn't have any moral justification to criticize any manager, at least not a serial winner like Jose.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:44pm On May 31, 2017
Lana1:
It's so unfortunate but amusing sha. You just sense it's about to go down and jungle justice on point as soon as you mention Jose or anything about him. Lol. No shaking sha. We all want the best for our club.

By the way until I hear a quality CM and RW linked to us before I become excited about next season whether Griezmann or not.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:50pm On May 31, 2017
Funlord2:

It seems you all have forgotten who "Keano" is? He has always had a vicious tongue! Fergie knew it, his team mates knew it, older fans know it and even his country knows it!

He will never change and he has even earned the right to lambast the clubs declining status based on what he has done for united in the past...he is a Legend...that probably still misses being at united! Some times the truth can be salty!
He took shots at the board and not even Jose in his reference to the number of top four post SAF. He was only trying to let us know that we still have enough work to do and until we get back to the top we should be satisfied. If this is not how it is supposed to be I don't understand again.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:51pm On May 31, 2017
shocked
Funlord2:

Exactly. Mesef no like Roy Keane. But there is a measure of truth in what he said. Doesn't matter if he has never said anything nice about United b4 or if he's a failed coach or not....

People are now comfortable to finish 6th and call it a good season bcoz we qualified for UCL. When did we become Arsenal fans??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 3:51pm On May 31, 2017
Funlord2:

He can advise not downplay the club, tell me anything good about United that Keane have said since Fergie threw him out? Or are you saying we have not done anything worthy of praise since then? Even in his country Ireland he pulled out of the 2002 world cup at the last minutes for his despicable attitude? Is he the only United legend that is still alive? Giggs won more trophies than him, Scholes also have even Gary Neville have you heard them throw vitriol at the team. There is no team that can continue to dominate the league forever, sometimes you rebuild and that is what the club is doing now, you don't expect to lose a legendary manager of 3 decades and not rebuild. Celebrating 3 trophies and a champions league qualification is perfectly in order now, little drop of water makes a night ocean.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 3:56pm On May 31, 2017
eph12:

He took shots at the board and not even Jose in his reference to the number of top four post SAF. He was only trying to let us know that we still have enough work to do and until we get back to the top we should be satisfied. If this is not how it is supposed to be I don't understand again.

At the same time I don't even think he ever made this exact statement! This is some twitter feed _shit! Can the real person who brought this news give us a link?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:56pm On May 31, 2017
ChristineC:

Aunty what has testimonial match got to do with anything on ground??

Roy Keane took shots at United post-Fergie era but somehow Mourinho fans are taking it personal

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:05pm On May 31, 2017
"Oh, yes. He wants to stay in England he wants to stay at the top and if he sees that he can be a valuable asset for Manchester United, then why not Manchester United?

"He can be a valuable asset for some other top clubs also. But I think it is respectful to talk to Manchester United and to see what all parties want."

- MINO RAIOLA

Seem Ibrahimovic is not done with United yet. No wonder we ain't linked to any prolific Striker so far in the Transfers Market.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:07pm On May 31, 2017
Lana1:
shocked
Exactly. Mesef no like Roy Keane. But there is a measure of truth in what he said. Doesn't matter if he has never said anything nice about United b4 or if he's a failed coach or not....

People are now comfortable to finish 6th and call it a good season bcoz we qualified for UCL. When did we become Arsenal fans??

This is a team in transition, and have not been that successful since SAF left and have qualified for champions league just once since then, winning trophies while still qualifying is worth celebrating. AC Milan is a very big team and have not qualified for even Europa for some time now and have not won anything meaningful. So are you telling me that they won't celebrate if they win Europa and qualify through that medium even if it means finishing tenth in the seria A? One step at a time brother. The board is probably happy that the 2 previous managers failed woefully while wining nothing and are pushing man U to total obscurity, but now they are back to the big time and can give out money for transfers knowing they will get quality unlike van gall that brought in delay, Schweinsteiger, schnerderlien and di Maria.
No matter how you denied it Keane is not a character to pay attention to period
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 4:08pm On May 31, 2017
CapitalCee:

He can advise not downplay the club, tell me anything good about United that Keane have said since Fergie threw him out? Or are you saying we have not done anything worthy of praise since then? Even in his country Ireland he pulled out of the 2002 world cup at the last minutes for his despicable attitude? Is he the only United legend that is still alive? Giggs won more trophies than him, Scholes also have even Gary Neville have you heard them throw vitriol at the team. There is no team that can continue to dominate the league forever, sometimes you rebuild and that is what the club is doing now, you don't expect to lose a legendary manager of 3 decades and not rebuild. Celebrating 3 trophies and a champions league qualification is perfectly in order now, little drop of water makes a night ocean.

Roy keane never said the bullshit contained in that picture! Now this is what he said at the end of the season which I wholeheartedly agree with...we should not forget who the _fuck we are:

"When I see clubs like Liverpool and Man United celebrating getting into the top four, I cringe at it, I really do....Any of these big clubs - do you think that Real Madrid and Barcelona would be celebrating getting fourth? Come on, get a grip. It is about getting your hands on a trophy.

“People talk about getting into the top four because of the financial rewards and it was great for teams like Leicester to qualify but for the big teams, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, celebrating fourth? I say shame on you."

Keano...

http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/1862/premier-league/2017/05/02/35148362/shame-on-you-keane-blasts-man-utd-and-liverpool-for

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:19pm On May 31, 2017
Lana1:

Roy Keane took shots at United post-Fergie era but somehow Mourinho fans are taking it personal

You and eph12 need to understand that this has nothing to do with mourinho if you are claiming that Keane is talking about what the management has become comfortable with.

Mourinho has just spent a year in the club and he won 3cups from the 5 he entered for. That's a good season as far as am concerned. Yes the league is the ultimate and he fell short.

Talking about the club being comfortable with its position is even false.

Fergie gave us Moyes, he messed up and was sacked, it showed the club was not comfortable with him.

Lvg came and brought a mechanical kind of play that we all cried about but somehow got us to play in the CL, we gave him a second chance and then failed to qualify us for the CL, we sacked him, shows we were not comfortable.

Mourinho has come and in his first season won 3cups including the EL CUP Which he found himself in that also got us the CL spot, he deserves a 2nd season IMHO.

So Keane saying the management is comfortable with our positions is total crap as far am concerned.

The reputation of the coach as per his success on the area of winning things also plays a part in how much time he can be given.

Moyes was sacked one time, gaal was given a 2nd chance as he deserved and mourinho also deserves a 2nd chance. This has nothing to do with whether we like mou or not.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:22pm On May 31, 2017
Funlord2:

Roy keane never said the bullshit contained in that picture! Now this is what he said at the end of the season which I wholeheartedly agree with...we should not forget who the _fuck we are:

"When I see clubs like Liverpool and Man United celebrating getting into the top four, I cringe at it, I really do....Any of these big clubs - do you think that Real Madrid and Barcelona would be celebrating getting fourth? Come on, get a grip. It is about getting your hands on a trophy.

“People talk about getting into the top four because of the financial rewards and it was great for teams like Leicester to qualify but for the big teams, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, celebrating fourth? I say shame on you."

Keano...

http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/1862/premier-league/2017/05/02/35148362/shame-on-you-keane-blasts-man-utd-and-liverpool-for

We all know United deserve more than fighting for top 4 or celebrating lesser Trophies like the League Cup and the Europa League respectively.

However, the Truth of the Matter is; it's a Step at a Time. The Club's Aims for this Season and JM Assignments were;

- to rebuild the Team and Players' Confidence.

- to book a Place in the next Season Champions League.

...... I think we should appreciate the Success of the Club this Season. We are back in the Champions League, the Team is partially rebuilt, which I believe JM would finish the Work next Season.

..... I am confident we ain't gonna play to be in the Top 4 next Season, rather to fight for every available major Titles. JM is a Winner, so is United.

......Hence we do not need to be reminded of the Club's Status by someone like Keane. Scholes was a major Critic of LVG last Season, is he dead? Why didn't he lament or wail on the Club's performance this Season? I'm sure he believes the Team is on the right Track, and that the right Man is In-Charge!

Rome wasn't built in a Day, and I'm certain we gonna have a competing, strong Team next Season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 4:26pm On May 31, 2017
codedguy1:

You and eph12 need to understand that this has nothing to do with mourinho if you are claiming that Keane is talking about what the management has become comfortable with.

Mourinho has just spent a year in the club and he won 3cups from the 5 he entered for. That's a good season as far as am concerned. Yes the league is the ultimate and he fell short.

Fergie gave us Moyes, he messed up and was sacked, it showed the club was not comfortable with him.

Lvg came and brought a mechanical kind of play that we all cried about but somehow got us to play in the CL, we gave him a second chance and then failed to qualify us for the CL, we sacked him, shows we were not comfortable.

Mourinho has come and in his first season won 3cups including the EL CUP Which he found himself in that also got us the CL. he deserves a 2nd season IMHO.

So Keane saying the management is comfortable with our positions is total crap as far am concerned.

The reputation of the coach as per his success on the area of winning things also plays a part in how much time he can be given.

Moyes was sacked one time, gaal was given a 2nd chance as he deserved and mourinho also deserves a 2nd chance. This has nothing to do with whether we like mou or not.

Exactly! But for the record keane never said any of that crap contained in that picture!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:37pm On May 31, 2017
Funlord2:

At the same time I don't even think he ever made this exact statement! This is some twitter feed _shit! Can the real person who brought this news give us a link?
Yeah you could be correct. And if peradventure he never said this or anything close to this, would it change your opinion about him? Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 31, 2017
I hope you guys don't castigate whoever that'll win the community shield and EFL cup...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:45pm On May 31, 2017
codedguy1:

Mourinho has come and in his first season won 3cups including the EL CUP Which he found himself in that also got us the CL spot, he deserves a 2nd season IMHO.

I agree and that has been my opinion of this whole brouhaha.

It's not about Mourinho but what we can accept as success or not. I asked a question here that if next season plays out like this season exactly, are you still going to accept it's a success?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 4:50pm On May 31, 2017
Lana1:

the testimonial reference was a cheeky sling, he certainly had a testimonial game.

thing is he's always taken shots since he abandoned the club midway through a season fully knowledgeable that the club had no replacement at the time, he had hoped for a collapse engineered by his jumping ship and probably Sir Alex prostrating to have him back. None of that even remotely happened to his dismay.

He lambasted 'below average' Darren Fletcher to bits, the same man took up his position and anchored, alongside Michael Carrick, title wins to his utmost embarrassment. he's not constructive in his criticisms of anything connected to the club and it's easy to smell the grief.

he has beef with both the club and Jose Mourinho. I remember quotes of him saying if Jose Mourinho tried shaking his hands before the game was over (as he always did when he won his last league title with Chelsea) he'd punch him square in the face. annoying character from Jose Mourinho, yes but Uncle Ade, that's personal beef.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 5:03pm On May 31, 2017
Oasis007:

We all know United deserve more than fighting for top 4 or celebrating lesser Trophies like the League Cup and the Europa League respectively.

However, the Truth of the Matter is; it's a Step at a Time. The Club's Aims for this Season and JM Assignments were;

- to rebuild the Team and Players' Confidence.

- to book a Place in the next Season Champions League.

...... I think we should appreciate the Success of the Club this Season. We are back in the Champions League, the Team is partially rebuilt, which I believe JM would finish the Work next Season.

..... I am confident we ain't gonna play to be in the Top 4 next Season, rather to fight for every available major Titles. JM is a Winner, so is United.

......Hence we do not need to be reminded of the Club's Status by someone like Keane. Scholes was a major Critic of LVG last Season, is he dead? Why didn't he lament or wail on the Club's performance this Season? I'm sure he believes the Team is on the right Track, and that the right Man is In-Charge!

Rome wasn't built in a Day, and I'm certain we gonna have a competing, strong Team next Season.

Can you provide a link to where Jose's targets were set out last summer like you have stated? As far as I know Jose said the target was to fight for the league title this summer as a priority. Will see if I can a link.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:04pm On May 31, 2017
Lana1:
Roy Keane csn talk rubbish at times. But everything he said there is the truth. Mickey mouse treble finishing 6th in the league and some people are acting as if we ve arrived....

If no be say you be my guy,I for forget axe ontop your head..

Roy Keane talk is trash!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:06pm On May 31, 2017
MRTA7:

Can you provide a link to where Jose's targets were set out last summer like you have stated? As far as I know Jose said the target was to fight for the league title this summer as a priority. Will see if I can a link.

grin

I do not have Access to Ed Woodward's Laptop, otherwise I would have shown you.

Did he fight for the League?! He did, but didn't succeed!

We need to be a Realist Dude. Did you expect United to win the League last Season?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:10pm On May 31, 2017
eph12:

I agree and that has been my opinion of this whole brouhaha.

It's not about Mourinho but what we can accept as success or not. I asked a question here that if next season plays out like this season exactly, are you still going to accept it's a success?

Guy, e no go easy ooo. But considering what Moyes and gaal put us through we had to call this season a success.

A club like Manchester united should be winning the league and CL every season grin but we know that ain't possible so we make adjustments.

The truth is mourinho has no excuses next season, he must win the league at least.

But then again, if he wins the CL and finishes 2nd with super cup and league cup, will that be a success?

He wins the league and league cup

CL and FA CUP and finishes 3rd

Wins the league alone.

FA cup, super cup and league cup finishing 2nd.

Pick your choose grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sublimes: 5:12pm On May 31, 2017
Fabinho is close to signing for Manchester United from Monaco. The fee would be €40-€45m. (@AlexisMerlino)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:42pm On May 31, 2017
codedguy1:

Guy, e no go easy ooo. But considering what Moyes and gaal put us through we had to call this season a success.

A club like Manchester united should be winning the league and CL every season grin but we know that ain't possible so we make adjustments.

The truth is mourinho has no excuses next season, he must win the league at least.

But then again, if he wins the CL and finishes 2nd with super cup and league cup, will that be a success?

He wins the league and league cup

CL and FA CUP and finishes 3rd

Wins the league alone.

FA cup, super cup and league cup finishing 2nd.

Pick your choose grin grin grin

Don't care about any other trophy apart from the league and champions league
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:43pm On May 31, 2017
There is only one KEANO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:45pm On May 31, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

We need to be a Realist Dude. Did you expect United to win the League last Season?!
On paper, United and City were expected to run away with the trophy last season. Every football pundit or analyst shared same sentiment before the season kicked off proper. Of the top teams, we were the real contenders and others pretenders alongside City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:20pm On May 31, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

So how do you know the aims for the season you stated when Jose said with his own mouth the aim was to win the league?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PattyCake: 6:27pm On May 31, 2017
Auba to PSG now what?

Feeling Pained.

BALLOTELLI SIGN BALLOTELLI.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 6:40pm On May 31, 2017
eph12:

Yeah I don't expect Pep to. Same with other top coaches around but I wonder what would happen if we take away the money from some of them top coaches

yea in life sometimes to succed,you need that luck mou and pep have paid their dues in d game

(1) (2) (3) ... (4142) (4143) (4144) (4145) (4146) (4147) (4148) ... (14184) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m), Silentgroper(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.