Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8813488 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4168) (4169) (4170) (4171) (4172) (4173) (4174) ... (14200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
Funlord2:

Solid!

He can add some extra steel to our midfield and he also does not seem like your regular Ill disciplined party boy Brazilian!
Exactly what I thought too. he can sit back and cover the defence properly while allowing Pogba and Herrera move forward and create.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
afrodoc2:

But he will gbadun a trouble maker like Costa who was one of the rebel leaders that he had problems with at Chelsea? One of the major guys that ensured he lost his last job is the guy he will turn to now?
i'm suggesting costa bcuz of his style and physical attributes. and i can bet my left ball grin that if jose is giving the chance to sign one of costa or auba he would go for costa, abi no be pep the prefer jesus to aguero? syle of play na key.
dopeJemi:

di maria was a flop in man united, Douglas being a flop in Bayern doesn't negate the fact that he is a very good player
if so, then i see no reason why we shouldn't give martial another chance to prove himself, after all him and costa had similar seasons.

bale's injury crises became only obvious this season, nobody noticed it when he was firing left right and centre for Tottenham and Madrid bar this season
maybe he might be injury free dis coming season, but the fee he would command would be outrageous, which would only be a huge gamble for a player whom we are quite unsure of his fitness level.

nainggolan can play there, he is rugged enough
if na by ruggednes make we kuku go buy lee cartamole or idrissa gueye grin

so who mourinho dey gbadun? morata that is less agile and has less pace compared to aubameyang?
physically morata trumps him, not forgetting morata's hold up play which is key in jose's center forward. auba na mature rashford, just pace and finishing.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
I don't remember clearly but didn't Jose sell Morata when he was at Real?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
MRTA7:
I don't remember clearly but didn't Jose sell Morata when he was at Real?
nope, and if i'm not mistaken, i think jose handed him his madrid debut.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:35pm On Jun 08, 2017
MRTA7:
If Bale is available I would be all in for us to sign him.

No, Madrid will skin you extortionate price, with his current injury problem, and as a British, his decline is very near and will be like that of Rooney. All these Madrid players like Moratta,James and bale are trap that they set to get huge amount to fund mbappe transfer. Nobody should pay them those amounts they are mentioning they should stay with their players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
CapitalCee:

No, Madrid will skin you extortionate price, with his current injury problem, and as a British, his decline is very near and will be like that of Rooney. All these Madrid players like Moratta,James and bale are trap that they set to get huge amount to fund mbappe transfer. Nobody should pay them those amounts they are mentioning they should stay with their players
some of them are still good players, after all, the same madrid sold the likes of makelele robben and wesley sneijder

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
weedtaker:
some of them are still good players, after all, the same madrid sold the likes of makelele robben and wesley sneijder

Makalele went for 14.8m, Robben for 21m Euros, Sneijder for 11m. Among all only Robben has injury problem. And they are all around 25 years. Give me Bale for 20-25m I can take the gamble, but 85m for a 28year old British injury prone player is plain stupidity. Instead of bale I will rather gamble 25m on Douglas costa.

Meanwhile even with Diego Costa's attitude I prefer him to aubameyang any day any time.

I don't just need any Madrid bench warmer in our team at extortionate amount.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzel(f): 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
Funlord2:

Point taken! So if you had a choice over all the strikers we have been linked with who would you prefer apart from morata? And why?
We have been linked with quite a few of those lately. Kane is my first choice. He z shown over and over again that he can cut it in the premiership. Teamwork and hold up play is excellent too. But Tottenham will demand for old Trafford in return.
Aubameyang is my 2nd choice. He won't cost more than 60mil and with the reputation he z built for himself, he z guaranteed to get goals. Maybe not as much as his return in the Bundesliga, but enough.
Lukaku, another person that have proved himself in the premiership though in a lower team. My only fear is that he might come to united and disappear. Plus I don't know the kind of relationship he z got with Mourinho. I hear people saying that they don't like his style of play. When we signed Chicharito, his passing was atrocious. But he can bang in goals. His passing and all round play only got better after his stint with real Madrid. So Lukaku is still an option plus he z got the strength to bully defenders.
Lacazette... He is good but I don't trust league 1 strikers.
Belotti for me is a no no. The guy walks the pitch in most matches. Tires easily doesn't contribute much to the team's general play. But he can play off the last defender and knows how to beat offside traps..

Kane will be my ideal signing not just because of his prowess in front of goal but also to maintain our quota of English players in the team as we will be losing Rooney and Carrick soon.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
CapitalCee:

Makalele went for 14.8m, Robben for 21m Euros, Sneijder for 11m. Among all only Robben has injury problem. And they are all around 25 years. Give me Bale for 20-25m I can take the gamble, but 85m for a 28year old British injury prone player is plain stupidity. Instead of bale
i'm not also in support of us signing bale. i think morata will be a good addition though
I will rather gamble 25m on Douglas costa.
i think we should try mahrez instead of costa.

Meanwhile even with Diego Costa's attitude I prefer him to aubameyang any day any time.
just wait, the wolves are coming for your head grin

I don't just need any Madrid bench warmer in our team at extortionate amount.
me too, but it seems jose really wants morata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
LoRdCaT:
Exactly what I thought too. he can sit back and cover the defence properly while allowing Pogba and Herrera move forward and create.

The best thing mourinho will do for me is to get me Fabinho and a very domineering striker that can finish very easily, allow Martial to flourish. Mikhi and Mata are better than James, get me a sharp winger and another world class central defender to help Rojo and Bailly. Sell one of Smalling and Jones both of them are garbage and injury prone we don't need the two of them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
LoRdCaT:
This your squad dey implausible joh. Auba na maybe, nainggollan don talk say even tipper no fit commot am from roma. bale don become injury prone so Jose no go even consider am. Replace auba with morata, bale with Lucas moura and nainggolan with fabinho.

Lucas Moura no bad shaa and he plays like the typical epl winger.... Fabinho is good though i don't know how consistent he would be.... I'll pick Auba over Morata but any of them is still ok for me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
CapitalCee:

The best thing mourinho will do for me is to get me Fabinho and a very domineering striker that can finish very easily, allow Martial to flourish. Mikhi and Mata are better than James, get me a sharp winger and another world class central defender to help Rojo and Bailly. Sell one of Smalling and Jones both of them are garbage and injury prone we don't need the two of them

Lindelof or Varane can take up the CB role... Though i don't trust Varanes mental strength, he looks like someone who'll freak out when Ramos isn't beside him..... Never watched Lindelof play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
Nezzel:

We have been linked with quite a few of those lately. Kane is my first choice. He z shown over and over again that he can cut it in the premiership. Teamwork and hold up play is excellent too. But Tottenham will demand for old Trafford in return.
if we can get Kane even for 150m I will tell mourinho to sign him this seconds, for me he is the best top striker currently, but Daniel Levy will demand for Alex Ferguson knighthood and our stadium to give us Kane.
Nezzel:

Aubameyang is my 2nd choice. He won't cost more than 60mil and with the reputation he z built for himself, he z guaranteed to get goals. Maybe not as much as his return in the Bundesliga, but enough.

Aubameyang is a world class striker, and can guarantee goals, but mourinho prefers a tall strong striker for hold up play, I doubt if he will come
Nezzel:

Lukaku, another person that have proved himself in the premiership though in a lower team. My only fear is that he might come to united and disappear. Plus I don't know the kind of relationship he z got with Mourinho. I hear people saying that they don't like his style of play. When we signed Chicharito, his passing was atrocious. But he can bang in goals. His passing and all round play only got better after his stint with real Madrid. So Lukaku is still an option plus he z got the strength to bully defenders.
Lukaku is strong and can bully defenders and unlike what people are saying he rarely miss scoring chances, my problem with Lukaku transfer is the 85-100m quoted by Everton for him, they seem to sell flops to other clubs at very unrealistic amount, remember lescott, Stone, and Rodwell. We can't afford a flop at that amount after the likes if dimaria and depay .
Nezzel:

Lacazette... He is good but I don't trust league 1 strikers.

Drogba, Hazard and Nasri were bought from Ligue one. And if Athletico Madrid wanted to replace greizmann with him, before the transfer ban stalled the deal,he will surely be a good striker, Athletico rarely misjudge with striker

Nezzel:

Belotti for me is a no no. The guy walks the pitch in most matches. Tires easily doesn't contribute much to the team's general play. But he can play off the last defender and knows how to beat offside traps..
I don't like Italian strikers and with the poor quality of the league currently we can't judge the young man's ability, fat and useless higuain bangs in goals there for fun, Man city flop Dzeko is the top scorer i can't trust a young striker from that league. Remember Zaza scored loads of goals for sassuolo last season
Nezzel:

Kane will be my ideal signing not just because of his prowess in front of goal but also to maintain our quota of English players in the team as we will be losing Rooney and Carrick soon.

True. So as we can't get him, I think auba will be okay or lacazzete. Moratta is not better than Rashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzel(f): 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
Liverpool is going for Sporting Lisbon's Gelson Martins.
I've been hoping for so long that we'd sign that boy. I think he's the solution to our right wing problems. Fast and direct, dribbles, assists and chips in with a few goals too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
weedtaker:
i'm suggesting costa bcuz of his style and physical attributes. and i can bet my left ball grin that if jose is giving the chance to sign one of costa or auba he would go for costa, abi no be pep the prefer jesus to aguero? syle of play na key. if so, then i see no reason why we shouldn't give martial another chance to prove himself, after all him and costa had similar seasons.

maybe he might be injury free dis coming season, but the fee he would command would be outrageous, which would only be a huge gamble for a player whom we are quite unsure of his fitness level.

if na by ruggednes make we kuku go buy lee cartamole or idrissa gueye grin

physically morata trumps him, not forgetting morata's hold up play which is key in jose's center forward. auba na mature rashford, just pace and finishing.

I no get strength, make dem do wetin dey their mind
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 7:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
Nezzel:
Liverpool is going for Sporting Lisbon's Gelson Martins.
I've been hoping for so long that we'd sign that boy. I think he's the solution to our right wing problems. Fast and direct, dribbles, assists and chips in with a few goals too.

The portugese league has been supplying a lot of lemons to the premier league of recent so it's not hard to see why top teams in england tend to stay clear of players that may seem to be performing in Portugal!

After Ronaldo it's been downhill for the most part!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
LoRdCaT:
This your squad dey implausible joh. Auba na maybe, nainggollan don talk say even tipper no fit commot am from roma. bale don become injury prone so Jose no go even consider am. Replace auba with morata, bale with Lucas moura and nainggolan with fabinho.

all these players na ajebutters, but I don't care anymore
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
So far liverfool have embarrassed themselves with their incompetence over van dijk? Chelshite as usual have embarrassed themselves with diego Costas public relations nightmare? Remaining the gayners.... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
dopeJemi:

I no get strength, make dem do wetin dey their mind

grin grin

Haha, you don join me for sidon look mode.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
Buying bundesliga striker is a risk, EPL is too physical for them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Lindelof or Varane can take up the CB role... Though i don't trust Varanes mental strength, he looks like someone who'll freak out when Ramos isn't beside him..... Never watched Lindelof play.

Pepe his only true competitor is gone, forget about Varane; he turned us down last summer, he'll do it again this summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
CapitalCee:

if we can get Kane even for 150m I will tell mourinho to sign him this seconds, for me he is the best top striker currently, but Daniel Levy will demand for Alex Ferguson knighthood and our stadium to give us Kane.

Say wetin happen? Kane na Messi or Ororo? Make we kukuma sell Old Trafford for en head join. undecided Why waste that amount on a single player when we can get Aubameyang and even Costa/Lukaku join? Kane is a quality striker no doubt, but don't allocate excess value to him, mbok.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
sinizia:

Say wetin happen? Kane na Messi or Ororo? Make we kukuma sell Old Trafford for en head join. undecided Why waste that amount on a single player when we can get Aubameyang and even Costa/Lukaku join? Kane is a quality striker no doubt, but don't allocate excess value to him, mbok.

bro I just saw lukaku wad quoted for 100m if levy could honestly accept 130m for Kane..it'd b our best option cos after another good season which he would have,d price would go higher
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
dubylhover:

bro I just saw lukaku wad quoted for 100m if levy could honestly accept 130m for Kane..it'd b our best option cos after another good season which he would have,d price would go higher

Chelshit can NEVER buy Lukaku for £100m. NEVER!! Let's watch the official fee when the deal goes through.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
sinizia:

Pepe his only true competitor is gone, forget about Varane; he turned us down last summer, he'll do it again this summer.

Then Lindelof it is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
dubylhover:

These people sgaa want to suck ManUtd account dry sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
GloryIsaac:

These people sgaa want to suck ManUtd account dry sad

but but Forbes declared dem d richest na...at least use d money to buy quality
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
sinizia:

Chelshit can NEVER buy Lukaku for £100m. NEVER!! Let's watch the official fee when the deal goes through.

we are not saying he'd b bought 100 but for Everton to even put that tag on him...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
dubylhover:

but but Forbes declared dem d richest na...at least use d money to buy quality

Soon dem go dey buy player for 200m.. smh...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
weedtaker:
shey na worldclass goalie go win titles? undecided
ask Manchester City
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
sinizia:
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:28am On Jun 09, 2017
Zlatan Ibrahimovic to be released

This is music to Lana1, Dopejemi's ears.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4168) (4169) (4170) (4171) (4172) (4173) (4174) ... (14200) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.