Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,771 members, 7,837,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8798848 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4170) (4171) (4172) (4173) (4174) (4175) (4176) ... (14184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
BREAKING Man United have made a new bid for Ivan Perisic: €40m. Inter have rejected and asked for €55/60m . Talks ongoing.

[via Skysports Italy,DiMarzio
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
BREAKING Spanish radio station Onda Cero journalist Brújula del Deporte is reporting that a €73m deal has been agreed for Alvaro Morata and the players intentions are to travel to Manchester on Monday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2017
This persici ninja don reach 30 why we dey give am face na so e good ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
Where is SailorXY?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
I think United should end the chase of Ivan Perisic. Every Club in Europe wanna turn us to ATM.

What's Special in his Play?! €60m for a 28yrs Old Winger?! I trust Ed Woodward, he wouldn't be daft to pay more than €40m for the Guy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2017
elampiro2:
Where is SailorXY?
Legend has it he's still in July 2016 pissing in Madrid's face...
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2017
I'm ok with Morata and Lindelof but I'm not sure about Perisic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2017
"He keeps learning and keeps progressing.I think the start of the season was tough for him but what I liked about him was he went back to basics. How he got into the team was by getting in behind and stretching teams because no team likes players running in behind. He's got pace in abundance and, from there, he gets enough space in his feet to run at people and, when he got back in the team, I thought he did really well.

He is looking more and more like a centre-forward, aiming to get more and more goals, and he has got to be more clinical but that will come with age. He is only a baby. He's learned from some good players, Zlatan and Wayne Rooney, and you've got to learn off players like that. It's about taking bits of their game and adding it to your game so, come next season, he'll be even better for it.

The experience is a good thing and, as a young man, all you've got to keep doing now is to keep your feet firmly on the floor. How can I keep learning? How can I become a better player? How can I add different things to my game? I think the players he has around him will help him do just that.

At the moment because every team tries to play one up front so when you finally do get two players up front or one just in behind and it works, everyone talks about it and rightly so.The game will always keep moving on but it's about playing together and trying to get as many goals as possible and for the team to be winning.

Marcus does look really close to Jesse and you can see it when they're playing as well. I think, come next season, Marcus will be more experienced, and Jesse as well, and their combination will get even better."

Andy "the master" Cole.....www.manutd.com
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 11:18pm On Jun 09, 2017
Evening guys, i have noticed everyone has been so focused on filling the striker spot. However, we are oblivious to the fact that our wingers are not contributing their quota to goals.

Our wingers have been wasteful, one can only hope it gets better next season. If not we will be singing same song . Getting a striker is good but thats not enough as it is.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 12:00am On Jun 10, 2017
Tvegas:
Evening guys, i have noticed everyone has been so focused on filling the striker spot. However, we are oblivious to the fact that our wingers are not contributing their quota to goals.

Our wingers have been wasteful, one can only hope it gets better next season. If not we will be singing same song . Getting a striker is good but thats not enough as it is.

yea I totally agree with you..I know we all expect d incoming striker to bang in goals and stuff,but our midfielders need to incrrease their goal output Nd wide players included.:.

seems we are getting morata and belotti..
good days ahead
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sublimes: 12:16am On Jun 10, 2017
In all our getting @manutd, pls get Fabinho and Lindelof...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 7:12am On Jun 10, 2017
Morata for €73m??

This season go too sweet cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:29am On Jun 10, 2017
bigkesh:
Morata for €73m??

This season go too sweet cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

These words will come back to bite your ass
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:31am On Jun 10, 2017
Morata should be a decent addition to our squad - he is an efficient striker who would most likely deliver if given the right service.

However, I think we shoulda pushed for Auba instead - Dortmund would probably have sold him for the purported amount being quoted for the Spaniard.

We may need to get a quality winger who can also function effectively as a #9 cos tbh, Morata & Rashford as our Major options in the CF position may not be enough to compete on all fronts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:32am On Jun 10, 2017
dubylhover:

yea I totally agree with you..I know we all expect d incoming striker to bang in goals and stuff,but our midfielders need to incrrease their goal output Nd wide players included.:.

seems we are getting morata and belotti..
good days ahead
if Morata dey go for around 73million (I hope say na rumour). we can't get both of them.
make the rest money go other place. we still get rashidi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:40am On Jun 10, 2017
I suspect no new striker was willing to join because of the presence of Zlatan in the team thus the club had no option than not to exercise our option of renewing the deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

if Morata dey go for around 73million (I hope say na rumour). we can't get both of them.

bro this morata ish is getting more serious than rumour...it might b completed before d end of next week...I still read somewhr that mou still wants bellotti ...

as long as buying both of em won't stop us from still reinforcing other parts,I support..
I want us to just keep buying quality players..also read lindelof deal has been secured...seems one of smalling/Jones would be going
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:46am On Jun 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

73m euros. 65m pounds.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:48am On Jun 10, 2017
patrickmuf:
I suspect no new striker was willing to join because of the presence of Zlatan in the team thus the club had no option than not to exercise our option of renewing the deal.

bro,the news around is that we actually offered zlatan d option to continue,but he refused...that he couldn't b injured and still collecting such mammoth salary
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:48am On Jun 10, 2017
MRTA7:
Morata or Aubameyang

James Rodriguez or Perisic?

Fabinho or Bakayoko or someone else?

Lindelof or someone else?

As I imagine we'll be looking to sign 4 players this summer.

Assuming DDG is staying.

Plus I can't imagine we'll buy both Belloti and Morata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:03am On Jun 10, 2017
We'll buy Morata now and hopefully he'll ball for us. And by the time he's 27, we start hearing
"Madrid is my home and i love United. But the weather here, my family in Spain blah blah blah...."

These Spanish players cant be trusted especially if they already played for Madrid or Barca at some point...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 8:15am On Jun 10, 2017
Leyqute:

These words will come back to bite your ass

You guys lost Kante vs Pogba

I guess it is Morata vs Lukaku next season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2017
AdisaOwala:

However, I think we shoulda pushed for Auba instead - Dortmund would probably have sold him for the purported amount being quoted for the Spaniard.

You cant force a player to sign for you. According to reports Auba has been in advanced talk with PSG for a while now. They are in pole position to sign him. Lets give the coach some benefit of doubt .

My only grouse is the figure being touted but in todays crazy market where 70 million is being quoted for virgil van dirk what options do we have. grin

Several Reports also claim Varane wants to move to old trafford to get regular playing time but i doubt if madrid will allow 2 major players to sign for us same season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:41am On Jun 10, 2017
Tvegas:

Our midfielders are very wasteful, only Mata I think scores without needing many chances, the greatest culprits are Lingaard and Mikhi, that should improve, goals can also come from defenders, Vidic comes to mind
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2017
Lana1:
We'll buy Morata now and hopefully he'll ball for us. And by the time he's 27, we start hearing
"Madrid is my home and i love United. But the weather here, my family in Spain blah blah blah...."

These Spanish players cant be trusted especially if they already played for Madrid or Barca at some point...

No worries. As long as they are happy to pay double and by then we'll get another top player. Its not realistic to expect these guys to spend their whole career with us these days.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:44am On Jun 10, 2017
MRTA7:

73m euros. 65m pounds.

60m pounds
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 8:46am On Jun 10, 2017
CapitalCee:

Our midfielders are very wasteful, only Mata I think scores without needing many chances, the greatest culprits are Lingaard and Mikhi, that should improve, goals can also come from defenders, Vidic comes to mind

Thanks, this is one fact weve been quiet about. Look at the goals that hazard, Dele alli, Dani alves and many more have contributed to their team this season.

Zlatan wasnt so bad with 28 goals in a season, if not for his injury he might have won the golden boot. However the major problem are the likes of lingard, pogba, mikhi, martial ,rooney who wasted precious opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:48am On Jun 10, 2017
bigkesh:

There's no Morata vs Lukaku anything. You guys, especially you, are the ones fond of bringing up unnecessary comparisons. Did you see any of us on your thread like you did on ours trying to mock Lukaku's purpoted £80m deal to Chelshit? The same Lukaku you guys argued for months that he's not good enough for Chelshit, but you're now trying to act like he's the best thing since slice bread. We're not even overly excited over the Morata deal as you can see many of us wanted someone better.

Stop giving yourself headache over our potential recruits and worry about yours.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2017
Tvegas:

You cant force a player to sign for you. According to reports Auba has been in advanced talk with PSG for a while now. They are in pole position to sign him. Lets give the coach some benefit of doubt .

My only grouse is the figure being touted but in todays crazy market where 70 million is being quoted for virgil van dirk what options do we have. grin

Several Reports also claim Varane wants to move to old trafford to get regular playing time but i doubt if madrid will allow 2 major players to sign for us same season.
80 for Lukaku, 70 for Morata, 100 for Kane. Suddenly, that 89 we paid for Pogba doesn't look so expensive anymore.

Anyways as long as the quoted players reward our investment in them, and drive us back to success and the glory days, paying 20 or 30 mill more than what they are worth shouldn't be a problem for a club of United's status!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2017
bigkesh:

Many might disagree, but at the long run you will discover that Pogba's purchase is far far better than buying Kante. Pogba is 24 Kante is Approaching 27, and Chelsea pattern of play which is very similar to that of Leicester city last year suits Kante soooo well that is why he seem so good, play him against technically good midfielders like modric, alacantra, Herrera, Kroos or iniesta he will be so much be exposed that you will be surprised. What FA cup final vs Arsenal, and our home game with Chelsea, then watch the last Euros you will understand. No wonder Matuidi bench him in France.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:56am On Jun 10, 2017
AdisaOwala:
Morata should be a decent addition to our squad - he is an efficient striker who would most likely deliver if given the right service.

We may need to get a quality winger who can also function effectively as a #9 cos tbh, Morata & Rashford as our Major options in the CF position may not be enough to compete on all fronts.

May? Not may o, it's a MUST. We need to help whoever is our CF by getting him quality wingers on both sides who can supply him with quality services and also contribute to our goals. The likes of Barca, Madrid, Bayern etc have these top wingers that are more like wing-forwards and contribute with assists and goals. Mourinho will be doing a great disservice to our CFs if we go into this season with Mata being our winger or Darmian playing in the LB role thereby not helping our CFs in attack. I've been saying this for ages now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:57am On Jun 10, 2017
MRTA7:

No worries. As long as they are happy to pay double and by then we'll get another top player. Its not realistic to expect these guys to spend their whole career with us these days.

Correct, we will milk them dry then, look at degea, if they need him and he starts his usual going home nonsense, we demand 80m pounds for him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4170) (4171) (4172) (4173) (4174) (4175) (4176) ... (14184) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.