Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8705274 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4330) (4331) (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2017
Tomorrow man u fans will tell us they're pissing on Madrid, you can't even piss them for 90Mins
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Are you trolling the frenchman on code or what? cheesy
Honestly I'm not.
And I didn't mean it that he should be showboating every now and then.
Players like that need it once in a while for their confidence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tobiboss(m): 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
iPopAlomo:
They said they signed Matic to Free Pogba,l...

Free Pogba to Play Rubbish...
Lmao grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2017
ToyinDipo:

2 times I guess
A cup where you only win one match, nah, Mourinho will pass cheesy

How many games was charity shield that you counted last season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

How many games was charity shield that you counted last season
Gerrarahia men
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
Our match wasn't that bad. We started good but got worse soon as Madrid got their groove back.

Mourinho never learns. He might have improved the DM position and replaced Ibra with a capable Lukaku, but the LB and RW position will cost us again this season.

Darmian was okay defensively buy offered nothing tangible going forward. Our wing play which in modern football pattern, are assisted by marauding full-backs, was poor. Mhikitaryan was drifting into the midfield to create chances and left the wing all for Valencia. Valencia needs a RWinger in front of him to help him run at defenders.

Lingard got no support from Darmian going forward. Meanwhile Carvajal and Marcelo were running up and down their flanks. What is so great in Blind and Darmian that Mourinho doesn't fancy a LB? Valencia is not young anymore and can do with a winger stretching our opponents.

Lindeolf needs to improve, his lapse in concentration will cost us if not curtailed. But he wasn't too bad.

DDG is a class act.

Matic improved greatly and if Pogba was not busy being a dìck, he might have had a great game for the entire match.

Ukaku, apart from the offside decision and goal he missed, had a good game. He's hold-up play and strength helped us, and if he had a SS beside him, he'd have performed much better.

In all, this team needs 2 good additions and change of tactic from the coach and we're good to go. 3-5-2 won't be bad, it'll help Ukaku with a partner and get rid of Darmian from the traditional back four.

Matic really impressed me, and together with Ukaku might prove me wrong.

Onto the next one.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
How does united losing to back to back champions league winners change the fact that Arsenal are in the Europa league, how does it change the fact that fine Boi morata couldn't even score a penalty for Chelsea. Troll all you want but how many of u can brag that your team can beat real Madrid. We only lost 2 1 and u guys are making noise at least we didn't get raped 5 1 like some people. Looking forward to the champions league Arsenal fans enjoy your trip to Kazakhstan grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
Sometimes some man u fans de surprise me for here.thrre are many positives and lessons to learn from this match, the boy gave a good account of themselves. Special mentions to Matic, Felliani, Valencia, Lukaku, Smalling and DDG.

1. Rashford miss summed up our last season's woes, missing chances like that will definitely cost us points TBH. Rashford need to improve in his finishing.

2. Lindelof is not ready for the big time yet, Even Smalling was far superior than him. Bailly will come back to steady the defence. So no cause for concern.

3. Valencia is a World class player. He totally subdued Marcelo who was playing for the better side...

4. matic.Is an excellent signing, Felliani is a very important player.

5. Lukaku is the goal getter we need, even with lack of service he was able to get some shots. He will surely hit 20+ this season.
.6. Pogba needs to stop showboating he is a very top player, Herrera did not influence the game much.
7 Lingard is an average player, De Gea is a world class goal keeper.

8. Real Madrid is a world class team.

9. United team is a work in progress. When they gel they will challenge for things

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
ToyinDipo:

Lol, common sense is for ordinary people.
You need something more to be exceptional, even though there should be a bit balance to it, which Pogba will find.
Pogba should never drop his showboating skills, I will hate to see a trimmed down version of him, which is the same thing Mourinho sees.
He has the potential, he will keep working on it.
He's had a lot of standout performances with his exceptional football sense.
Consistency will come with time.
The guy will improve his output as the team continues to be rebuilt to the level we want. people say a lot of things because he's the easy target but even that is super stale now.

See how far we are from Real Madrid even with the recent investments yet fans here expects us to just fold hands and watch the better players move to these teams with loads of options already from years and years of spending big money; sighting "expensive" as if the people wey wan drop the money dey complain undecided there is no way in hell we'd compete with such mindset and of course even with investments the team won't get to elite level all of a sudden.

It's easy to forget that this same Real Madrid being lauded as back to back shït were Olympic Lyonnaise wives for years.
Leave them to complain, men will always be men - insatiable.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
ToyinDipo:

Lol, common sense is for ordinary people.
You need something more to be exceptional, even though there should be a bit balance to it, which Pogba will find.
Pogba should never drop his showboating skills, I will hate to see a trimmed down version of him, which is the same thing Mourinho sees.
He has the potential, he will keep working on it.
He's had a lot of standout performances with his exceptional football sense.
Consistency will come with time.

And you wonder why the likes of Xavi, Scholes, Lampard became legends for their team. None of these names above were after showboating. He'd continue with the showboating, I'll be here to see where it'll lead him to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 11:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Did you watch this match or through livescores

Why are you this mean? He only aired his view na grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
Look at Pogba playing like prime Loftus-Cheek
Pogba looks lost when he plays against top teams. This is not a bant.
It's a fact.

The way ManU were excited about the Matic deal, shouting unlock Pogba unlock Pogba seems the only way to unlock Pogba is to goan flash him at Computer village.

Even after unlocking you still get original charger so he will function properly just to discover you've been duped.
Modric + Kroos + Isco + Casemiro = €104.5m

Pogba = €105m

MMM started in Manchester United. Pogba is just Cleverley with French passport, even if he is 6ft the match raters are still looking for him in the match

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
SailorXY:
I'm not trolling Lukaku oga Ade, understand what you are quoting.

OK
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
elampiro oya drop ur match report, na you i de wait for sleep don de catch me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
weedtaker:
its nothing to be shamed about sha, we really are not on dsame level with them, i think the only player who should be ashamed of his performance is pogba, matic wey never stay reach one month the ball like old head not to even talk of Afro man that caused them problems, Pogba really need to step up. him just de fall my hand anytime wey i wan start him propaganda.

I'm not ashamed we lost to Madrid, inexperience cost us. I actually believe in this team more than that of last season. If Mourinho changes tactics, we'll be good. We lost coz of our poor first-half, but it's nothing. We've time to gel and get things right the next time.

As for Pogba, he's talented, but only if he'll calm down let his feet do the talking. I don't even need goals from him, just assists, simple passes and no showboating, and he'll shine.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 11:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
SailorXY:
The guy will improve his output as the team continues to be rebuilt to the level we want. people say a lot of things because he's the easy target but even that is super stale now.

See how far we are from Real Madrid even with the recent investments yet fans here expects us to just fold hands and watch the better players move to these teams with loads of options already from years and years of spending big money; sighting "expensive" as if the people wey wan drop the money dey complain undecided there is no way in hell we'd compete with such mindset and of course even with investments the team won't get to elite level all of a sudden.

It's easy to forget that this same Real Madrid being lauded as back to back shït were Olympic Lyonnaise wives for years.
Leave them to complain, men will always be men - insatiable.
That is my point, people shouldn't expect Pogba to find it easy against a team like Madrid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iPopAlomo(m): 11:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
Unfollows thread...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
sinizia:

And you wonder why the likes of Xavi, Scholes, Lampard became legends for team. None of these names above were after showboating. He'd continue with the showboating, I'll be here to see where it'll lead him to.
They were legends, true.
Is Lampard in the same legendary mode as the likes of players like Zidane, Ronaldinho...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
elampiro how far na? I see all your notes. you wan give me work?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
ToyinDipo:

They were legends, true.
Is Lampard in the same legendary mode as the likes of players like Zidane, Ronaldinho...

You're missing the point. The point I'm pointing out is that Xavi didn't become the midfield general he is by showboating or scoring tons of goals, but by assists and simple passes which helped his team-mates to achieve victories.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
weedtaker:
elampiro oya drop ur match report, na you i de wait for sleep don de catch me.

Lol, I was covering 35 pages arrears. I have not been here for a while.

I can see SailorXY.

Madrid is a vastly Superior team to Manchester United. We struggled throughout. I don't know how the coach can fix things because a team like ours cannot be Champions. Although the players will have some blending to do due to new guys like Lindelof, Matic and Lukaku.

We obviously need one more quality senior player. We are still going to pay for the inexperience of such players like Rashford and Lingard. Also poor decision and lackadaisical attitude of Pogba. He continued from where he stopped last season.

We could be consoled that we still have Bailly, Jones and Rojo to inject in the defence. Smalling showed today he is a senior EPL defender. I didn’t see Lindelof as such.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
When Chelsea Fc met Real Madrid in the UEFA super cup

1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
This club sef.. Spending 150M every window and still claim they are rebuilding..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
SailorXY:
these old men never change chai
You first go kirikiri or dem post you go Sambisa forest?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
airmark:
Lukakukuku cheesy where is dopejemi? Matic played well sha.

abeg no be lukaku score the goal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
SailorXY:
Lukaku need a hell load of improvement if he's going to lead our front line against smart CBs. better still make Jose dey always give am support striker. where are the anti-Zlatans?

hope our Mike Smalling is back for good!
I didn't see anything wrong with Lukaku's play. He's going to need a lot of support which he never got today. I noticed he was always ready to make a run but the passes never came
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
elampiro:

You first go kirikiri or dem post you go Sambisa forest?
lol non of the above
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
If only CR7 started the match....hmmmm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
SailorXY:
these old men never change chai
Ah!! Weecome back sir.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 11:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
Matic balled, Lukaku balled too save for that ridiculous miss but then what would have been the scoreline if CR7 had started?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 11:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
sinizia:

You're missing the point. The point I'm pointing out is that Xavi didn't become the midfield general he is by showboating or scoring tons of goals, but by assists and simple passes which helped his team-mates to achieve victories.
My point is that the likes of Zidane and Ronaldinho did more 'impossibles' than Lampard, that's why they achieved higher legendary status.
Xavi is a CM, he doesn't have the flair of Pogba, if he could combine some flairs with his game, he 'might' have been regarded as one of the best CMs ever, and not as that of his generation.

In general this is the point I'm trying to make.
I know everyone is blaming Pogba for taking a shot instead of laying it off, which is rightly so
But let's see it this way
1. Pogba lays off the pass, and United scores, reaction will be: that was good play
2. Pogba lays off the pass, and Madrid players closed down the space, because they could easily read the move, there won't be much reaction
3. Pogba does exactly as today, we all blame him
4. Pogba doesn't lay off pass, decided to go on his own and scores, reaction will be that's the 89M pound player we bought.

That's what separates special players from the rest.

I would be mad too though, if Pogba keeps on like this, with no improvements, at the same time I don't want him toned down to just another good player.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4330) (4331) (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.