Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8796452 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) (4338) (4339) ... (14183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:06am On Aug 09, 2017
diggz:

The guy is not high but mental. Xavi and adabowale in a sentence or flair and adabowale? Please ,which flair are we talking about here? Is it the anywhere belle face flair shots he takes per sec like a loose canon or once in a blue moon dribbles?

Adabowale is arguably not the best cm in magad united we shouldn't even bother with the league.

Adabowale that was thoroughly schooled by isco in every aspect of footie.

Adabowale that made a 5yard pass look like a pregnant woman in labour trying to deliver a baby.

When adabowale decides to humble himself with is average football talent maybe we can start comparing him to the ramirez of this world. Till then.....he is just another Fellaini in a Blackman's skin.
The whole world can see how matic is two times a better than pogba. I repeat Pogba is black Oscar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:11am On Aug 09, 2017
In the end, after the disgraceful mix of knee jerk reactions, agenda driven analysis and just plain banter, the fact remains that we played the best team in the world and not shekpe fc.

For all the noise about how we set up defensively in the 1st half, na offside goal them use break us down.

There's no way I am reading everything written in the last few pages, but I doubt anyone talked about how easy it was to alternate between 352 and 433...

Noise makers go come here come banter, some people go join them dey do prophet of doom with all the unnecessary I TOLD YOU SO's

If by now you still cannot see and appreciate the direction this team is heading, carry on. Your eyes will open soon enough
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2017
Leyqute:

We really need to take the game to opponents if we wanna win anything. This habit of always sitting deep against quality opposition and waiting for counters is not befitting a club like Man Utd.

If your opponent spend most of the time defending, after falling heavily under your attack, they'll be careful how they attack you.

If you roll over and give them the ball to play, they'll inflict injuries on you.

Mou is an aashole
we didn't sit back and allow Madrid to attack us.some bonehead plays from a few Guys but we attacked right back too.
the game just shows the kind gap between the English teams an the top European sides.
the top team in epl will suffer the same fate if not more sef. they don't have gidigbo football as back up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 8:13am On Aug 09, 2017
hensben:
The whole world can see how matic is two times a better than pogba. I repeat Pogba is black Oscar.

Please stop disrespecting oscar abeg. We all knew what oscar could do and not do?

Asides shots he plays from okokomaiko to Festac without scoring, tell me what else he brings to the table?

Oscar better pass dablord abeg!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:23am On Aug 09, 2017
SIRcumalot:

we didn't sit back and allow Madrid to attack us.some bonehead plays from a few Guys but we attacked right back too.
the game just shows the kind gap between the English teams an the top European sides.
the top team in epl will suffer the same fate if not more sef. they don't have gidigbo football as back up.
some people are incapable of seeing beyond agenda (their own or someone else's)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ORIJIN201(m): 8:36am On Aug 09, 2017
The way United fans are shouting "Matic will free Pogba " You will think Pogba is a Prisoner ! grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:43am On Aug 09, 2017
Leyqute:

We really need to take the game to opponents if we wanna win anything. This habit of always sitting deep against quality opposition and waiting for counters is not befitting a club like Man Utd.

If your opponent spend most of the time defending, after falling heavily under your attack, they'll be careful how they attack you.

If you roll over and give them the ball to play, they'll inflict injuries on you.

Mou is an aashole

I dey tell you. We have the Qualities to wither the Madrid Storm, yet he chose to hide under a Canopy!

If United wish to go far in the Champions League, then JM needs to change his Mentality and tactical Plans against the Big Teams.

I'm ain't a Mourinholic, and ain't gonna lick his Ass..... if he fails to change his mentality and tactical Plans against Big Teams, I would happily hope the Club does not renew his Contract.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:43am On Aug 09, 2017
Left back? Left wing?

Let me leave it at that!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 09, 2017
eph12:

We can never be an attack minded team under Jose unless we're playing against the likes of Burnley. As in I don't understand why skillful players that can take on their men and beat them will be left on the bench for the likes of Lingard

Honestly, the tactics is so annoying... we couldn't even hold the ball for straight 10 mins.... what kind of stup!d tactics is Mou playing sef?
Even after they scored, within the blink of an eye, they were with the ball again..

I hate Mous tactics!, everyone is now riding on the excuse of Madrid being the best in the world but we could have beaten them well.... why on earth has Rashford not improved his finishing? we are gon' see a lot of heartbreaking misses this season from him and Lukaku sad .... Why use Lingard when Martial is there? the boy aint aggressive enough sef.... See how Carvajal was having fun there.. Valencia taught Marcelo a lesson though grin ... let Mou continue with his stup!d tough love management and park bus tactics, it's only a matter of time before there'll be a rebellion like there was at Madrid and Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:48am On Aug 09, 2017
ORIJIN201:
The way United fans are shouting "Matic will free Pogba " You will think Pogba is a Prisoner ! grin grin grin

undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:51am On Aug 09, 2017
sinizia:
Our match wasn't that bad. We started good but got worse soon as Madrid got their groove back.

Mourinho never learns. He might have improved the DM position and replaced Ibra with a capable Lukaku, but the LB and RW position will cost us again this season.

Darmian was okay defensively buy offered nothing tangible going forward . Our wing play which in modern football pattern, are assisted by marauding full-backs, was poor. Mhikitaryan was drifting into the midfield to create chances and left the wing all for Valencia. Valencia needs a RWinger in front of him to help him run at defenders.

Lingard got no support from Darmian going forward. Meanwhile Carvajal and Marcelo were running up and down their flanks. What is so great in Blind and Darmian that Mourinho doesn't fancy a LB? Valencia is not young anymore and can do with a winger stretching our opponents.

Lindeolf needs to improve, his lapse in concentration will cost us if not curtailed. But he wasn't too bad.

DDG is a class act.

Matic improved greatly and if Pogba was not busy being a dìck, he might have had a great game for the entire match.

Ukaku, apart from the offside decision and goal he missed, had a good game. He's hold-up play and strength helped us, and if he had a SS beside him, he'd have performed much better.

In all, this team needs 2 good additions and change of tactic from the coach and we're good to go. 3-5-2 won't be bad, it'll help Ukaku with a partner and get rid of Darmian from the traditional back four.

Matic really impressed me, and together with Ukaku might prove me wrong.

Onto the next one.
darmian was basically playing as a 3rd center back in a 3 man defence for majority of the match.
With lingard as lwb

Darmian did well, lingard was useless, yet again

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2017
Dudes should stop blaming the Loss on the missed Chances by Lukaku and Rashford respectively.

United have Bar and De Gea to thank, otherwise we would have been raped by Madrid. As the Commentator rightly said; Madrid played like a real Team, while United played like a Work in Progress.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hopefulLandlord: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2017
£100M Pogba with his UEFA Supercup Man of The Match Award

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 09, 2017
It's clear that we aint going anywhere in UCL this season b'cos we'll most likely park bus against every team.....

The only reason United beat Chelsea last season was b'cos the players had a personal score to settle....

Must united always take a hit before knowing how to play footie

Last night match just brought back memories of last season...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 8:55am On Aug 09, 2017
PietroRico:
some people are incapable of seeing beyond agenda (their own or someone else's)

Manyoo had chances. That Lukaku Miss. That Pogba header. That Rashford one-on-one.

Those were clear cut chances. There were a couple of half chances as well. I think Pogba at the edge of the box and maybe that brainless Lukaku offside.

But to deny you were played off the park by a rampant Madrid is to bury your head in the sand. There were sustained periods of Madrid possession where Keylor Navas was the only Madrid player not camped in the Manyoo half.

Isco Benz and Bale were constantly taking turns on Lindelof, and Pogba lost the possession foolishly close to his own box to start a passage of play that led to one of the goals.

Just look at the move for the second goal, and see how your entire defence and midfield were opened up like a can of geisha. Look at the move that led to Bale hitting the bar. Look at the move that led to a Asensio forcing a point blank save from De Gea.

In each if these cases, at least 5 players were removed from the board. If you count that offside goal, the pass from Carvajal to Casemiro cleaned out at least 4 manyoo players including all 3 central midfielders, Lingard and then Lindelof.

These issues are what your brethren are complaning of...forget the 60.40 possession stats or attempts on goal..or even the 2-1 scoreline. Those numbers flatter United enormously.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
£100M Pogba with his UEFA Supercup Man of The Match Award

undecided

No wonder you are still an hopefulLandlord..... coz how you wouldn't be if you can't differentiate between £89m and £100m.

Your Mates are already Landlords while you are still hopeful of building anything - even if it's gonna be a Hut.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2017
hensben:
If I am to choose between bakayoko and pogba it is the former I will prefer in my team..Pogba is not a productive player, at least not yet. I was the first moniker to use the word "showboat" to describe pogba game and manure fan were barking at me but now they use the word to describe his game. Pogba is still a raw talent and for that amount he was bought it will be difficult for him to reach the height manure fan think he is.

These words will come back to bite you inda ass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Honestly, the tactics is so annoying... we couldn't even hold the ball for straight 10 mins.... what kind of stup!d tactics is Mou playing sef?
Even after they scored, within the blink of an eye, they were with the ball again..

I hate Mous tactics!, everyone is now riding on the excuse of Madrid being the best in the world but we could have beaten them well.... why on earth has Rashford not improved his finishing? we are gon' see a lot of heartbreaking misses this season from him and Lukaku sad .... Why use Lingard when Martial is there? the boy aint aggressive enough sef.... See how Carvajal was having fun there.. Valencia taught Marcelo a lesson though grin ... let Mou continue with his stup!d tough love management and park bus tactics, it's only a matter of time before there'll be a rebellion like there was at Madrid and Chelsea.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Lingard while Martial and Rashidi on the bench. Like wtf! Who does that?!

Our midfield was disjointed, though these 3 guys are only playing for the 1st time together against a team that have played together for many seasons so the gap and lack of understanding will definitely show. The team needs to work on its off the ball movement, it is still poor, and I must say our defending against corners was terrible. CR7 could have scored like 3 yesterday from that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hopefulLandlord: 9:02am On Aug 09, 2017
Oasis007:

undecided

No wonder you are still an hopefulLandlord..... coz how you wouldn't be if you can't differentiate between £89m and £100m.

Your Mates are already Landlords while you are still hopeful of building anything - even if it's gonna be a Hut.

come on! its a banter not a dick, don't take it so hard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:04am On Aug 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

come on! its a banter not a dick, don't take it so hard

undecided

Same here! It's a Banter too!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:09am On Aug 09, 2017
lordfalcao:
Real Madrid looking like a team
Manchester United looking like a work in progress . . .

Who heard this from the commentator yesterday grin grin grin
Lol, i hear de thin, na so ma sisters dem burst laugh, shame catch me ehn grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:09am On Aug 09, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

Manyoo had chances. That Lukaku Miss. That Pogba header. That Rashford one-on-one.

Those were clear cut chances. There were a couple of half chances as well. I think Pogba at the edge of the box and maybe that brainless Lukaku offside.

But to deny you were played off the park by a rampant Madrid is to bury your head in the sand. There were sustained periods of Madrid possession where Keylor Navas was the only Madrid player not camped in the Manyoo half.

Isco Benz and Bale were constantly taking turns on Lindelof, and Pogba lost the possession foolishly close to his own box to start a passage of play that led to one of the goals.

Just look at the move for the second goal, and see how your entire defence and midfield were opened up like a can of geisha. Look at the move that led to Bale hitting the bar. Look at the move that led to a Asensio forcing a point blank save from De Gea.

In each if these cases, at least 5 players were removed from the board. If you count that offside goal, the pass from Carvajal to Casemiro cleaned out at least 4 manyoo players including all 3 central midfielders, Lingard and then Lindelof.

These issues are what your brethren are complaning of...forget the 60.40 possession stats or attempts on goal..or even the 2-1 scoreline. Those numbers flatter United enormously.
nobody is denying that we were outplayed.
We hardly even touched the ball for the 1st half ffs.

It was more of a system failure than any other thing, and Mourinho is the major reason for that, because in the end he chose to play lingard as an outlet in a counter attacking set up where the presence of smalling alone almost certainly means we cannot play out from the back, with a high pressing team.

The whole outlook changed once Mourinho was forced to tweak the system, and personnel.

I want to try to avoid over using the whole madrid already being best team in the world thing but it is what it is.

In the end it was Spanish and European champions versus the team that finished 6th in England, behind arsenal and Liverpool.
So I had really modest expectations.
You can forgive me for choosing to dwell on the positives.

We are not going to be facing teams like real Madrid in the league, so I would hold off crying till I see how we fare in the competition that matters.

Even if Mourinho had started with and sustained the expansive football, we would probably still have lost.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:10am On Aug 09, 2017
SIRcumalot:

It seems you didn't watch the game properly. We were bold in the first 10-15 minutes or so and attacked them. After then the game became annoying and started following a more annoying cycle.

It was goal kick - lose possession to madrid immediately- sit back and defend- madrid pass the ball around for some minute- madrid attack, lose an opportunity to score- goal kick.

This cycle repeated itself until Madrid got the goal. We didn't even try something else.

We allowed them to dominate the game and couldn't mark them 1 on 1, despite having more men behind the ball. Imagine.

Madrid is another team with 11 players. It's 11 vs 11. We played this same team in preseason minus Ramos. There's a noticeable difference between both performances.

If we want to compete with the top teams in Europe we'd better shake our asses and start looking sharp and dominant. This is not Hull City.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hopefulLandlord: 9:11am On Aug 09, 2017
Oasis007:

undecided
Same here! It's a Banter too!
okay, thought you were being serious grin my bad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:12am On Aug 09, 2017
once we gel as a team we should be better,that Madrid team we played have been together for some years.
Matic is going to be great I was against the signing but the few times I don watch the guy he dey burst brain.
Herrera better return to form quick,all those 'oju aye' he dey do with fans no go work again.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:15am On Aug 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

okay, thought you were being serious grin my bad

grin

Serious ke!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2017
PietroRico:
nobody is denying that we were outplayed.
We hardly even touched the ball for the 1st half ffs.

It was more of a system failure than any other thing, and Mourinho is the major reason for that, because in the end he chose to play lingard as an outlet in a counter attacking set up where the presence of smalling alone almost certainly means we cannot play out from the back, with a high pressing team.

The whole outlook changed once Mourinho was forced to tweak the system, and personnel.

I want to try to avoid over using the whole madrid already being best team in the world thing but it is what it is.

In the end it was Spanish and European champions versus the team that finished 6th in England, behind arsenal and Liverpool.
So I had really modest expectations.
You can forgive me for choosing to dwell on the positives.

We are not going to be facing teams like real Madrid in the league, so I would hold off crying till I see how we fare in the competition that matters.

Even if Mourinho had started with and sustained the expansive football, we would probably still have lost.

So what can you reasonably expect from a team that spent 200m in transfers last year and another 200m this summer.

Is it unreasonable to expect a more competitive showing from Mourinho given his outlay on the squad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 9:19am On Aug 09, 2017
wailers united fc grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 9:22am On Aug 09, 2017
6 things I learned from the Supercup game.

1. Lindelof is looking like a mistake.
2. Smalling can never improve further
3. We need Shaw back or a proper LB/LWB
4. Matic will make a difference this season
5. Lukaku is not a world class striker but he will acore plenty goals this season.
6. Pogba is yet to learn how to keep simple things simple.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:23am On Aug 09, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

So what can you reasonably expect from a team that spent 200m in transfers last year and another 200m this summer.

Is it unreasonable to expect a more competitive showing from Mourinho given his outlay on the squad?
I dunno where you are getting your figures from, but when 70m can only get you the Lukakus and Moratas of this world, then yes it would be unreasonable to expect to win against a Real Madrid side just off the back of taking the likes of Juve and Bayern to the cleaners.

It would be unreasonable to expect a team that is still being assemble to defeat a well oiled machine that has been firing on all cylinders for the past 4 years

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:29am On Aug 09, 2017
Leyqute:

It seems you didn't watch the game properly. We were bold in the first 10-15 minutes or so and attacked them. After then the game became annoying and started following a more annoying cycle.

It was goal kick - lose possession to madrid immediately- sit back and defend- madrid pass the ball around for some minute- madrid attack, lose an opportunity to score- goal kick.

This cycle repeated itself until Madrid got the goal. We didn't even try something else.

We allowed them to dominate the game and couldn't mark them 1 on 1, despite having more men behind the ball. Imagine.

Madrid is another team with 11 players. It's 11 vs 11. We played this same team in preseason minus Ramos. There's a noticeable difference between both performances.

If we want to compete with the top teams in Europe we'd better shake our asses and start looking sharp and dominant. This is not Hull City.
Madrid put up a clinic on passing the ball and we couldn't keep up when we played to our advantage:long ball and more physical plays,we made some noise.
na preseason be that.
the league first,before any talk of mixing it with the big boys in europe. yesterday Match showed that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:32am On Aug 09, 2017
I wonder how much kroos,modric and ororo go cost for this new market.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) (4338) (4339) ... (14183) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.